[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So when Alonso quits/dies and Bendis inevitably takes over as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 1443884707622.jpg (44 KB, 590x200) Image search: [Google]
1443884707622.jpg
44 KB, 590x200
So when Alonso quits/dies and Bendis inevitably takes over as EIC at Marvel, do you think he'll finally allow these two to get back together again for real?
>>
No, he'll kill him off to replace him with Miles.
Also it's Quesidilla we need to get rid of for that to happen
>>
>>84097268
If Bendus actually does that I'll forgive him for everything else
>>
>>84097268
Nope because Bemis will be there. He'll likely kill off Peter and pair MJ will Miles. She'll soon be the very definition of Blacked.
>>
>>84097268
>Bendis inevitably takes over as EIC
It's cute that you believe a man with obvious heart and liver disease is going to live that long, let alone that you think Bendis of all people would ever be accepted as EiC by the shareholders.

This isn't 1999. Marvel is owned by a real company now, not a bunch of faceless investors. He'd never be approved.
>>
>>84097426
Na, he'll black MJ for sure with Miles, but he doesn't have the balls to kill Peter. Bendis is aLloyd about being a troll.
>>
>>84097268
I think he will. It's the perfect excuse to finally retire Peter Parker. He'll give us what we want but then retire him to live a married life. Miles will be the main Spider-Man then.
>>
>>84097268
Reminder that he broke them up to have Pete date Kitty Pryde.

No.
>>
If it were up to Bendis, Peter (and Miguel and Kaine and any other male Spiders) would be out of the picture entirely and Miles would be the sole Spider-Man forever.
>>
Why not just have Peter marry Mary Jane, oversee/work in Parker Industries (Superior Spiderman storyline), and eventually retire a few years later?

Then he could act as a mentor figure for Miles?

You don't need to kill Peter or his love interest, he can just gradually grow out of his superheroing.
>>
>>84097730
That wouldn't be a bad way of doing it... so of course it's never going to happen that way.
>>
>>84097451
Why would he even want to edit? Editing and writing used to be intertwined, and people crossed over from one to the other or, like Stan Lee, did both jobs at once (to get two paychecks).

But now hardly any editors write and vice versa. Indie writers are de facto editors of their own books sometimes but at Marvel and DC there's almost strict separation between the jobs. Which means any new editors will be promoted from the editorial pool.
>>
>>84097268

Bendis can't edit.
Dude can barely legibly type.
>>
>>84097730

because you can't end a character's story except by death in Marvel Comics.
>>
File: amanat.jpg (255 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
amanat.jpg
255 KB, 1920x1080
>>84097268
Nah, Amanat will be the next EiC.
>>
>>84097294
You are crazy...editorial has wanted a single Spidey for decades.
>>
>>84097268
God I'm sick of this OMD wank fest. I'm sure a definite majority of you never gave a flying fuck about MJ, maybe even didn't like her. You just hate the fact that the mariage was retconned and in such a fashion.

I'll get called a troll and a contrarian but guess what, it's something that needed to be done. Because those who enjoyed the marriage(waifufags and people in their 40s) were vastly outnumbered by those who enjoyed a young, more free spirited Peter. Not to mention that the two really were too young to marry them without aging the characters.

Marvel did what they had to, albeit their execution was bad(can't argue with that).
>>
>>84097569
>retiring Peter Parker
This will never happen in our lifetime.
>>
>>84098429
Not even then.
>dead no more
>>
>>84099205
I wish it would.
Ben Riley, Miles, and Miguel all have potential to be as entertaining as Peter as Spider-Man.

Plus in Miguel's case he won't exist for another 80 years and won't become Spider-Man until the 2110s.

I like the idea of Miles being Peter's successor, a-la Spiderman Beyond.
>>
>>84099142
Born in 87, grew up knowing Peter Parker was married to Mary Jane Watson and enjoyed it. Fuck off.
>>
>>84099603
I on the other hand don't think they have the potential to be as entertaining, merely because they just aren't Peter Parker. I'd go into a long explanation but that basically sums it up.
>>
>>84099142
(you)
>>
File: Yes That Bendis.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Yes That Bendis.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>84097268
This fucker can't even keep character personalities distinct and can't maintain continuity from issue to issue in his own series and people expect him to oversee everything as EiC.
>>
>>84099142
It's the execution that's the problem.

I enjoyed Spider-Man more after OMD but I still hate OMD because it needlessly clouded the question of whether the past stories "really" happened the way we read them. Plus of course it was a stupid story based on a terrible premise (Aunt May should have been dead years ago, everybody's reaction to OMD was "let the old bat die already").

If they had just divorced them or even killed MJ people would have been mad but there wouldn't be the same intense bitterness. The message of OMD was "if you liked the last two decades of Spider-Man stories, they didn't exactly count."
>>
>>84097268
>Bendis
>Alonso
>Quesada

You guys can forget about it. Now that Disney owns Marvel, they will NEVER EVER EVER change Peter back into a married man.

EVER.
>>
>>84100109
Agreed. They should have had Peter not agree to Mephisto and Aunt May dies. Then Mary Jane divorces him over the whole thing or leaves him on break for awhile and Peter would still be able to start fresh with new girlfriend and apartment etc. It was a shit execution
>>
>>84099696
Nobody ever said they expected him to be good at it. It's just fairly likely that he's in line for the job.
>>
>>84097362

Same here.
>>
Marvel was running out of characters to pimp off. And they concluded, whoring a married woman off to other characters will be viewed as a BAD thing by society. So, have her separate from the hubby, now it's all GOOD.
>>
>>84100109
>It's the execution that's the problem
My point exactly.

>I enjoyed Spider-man more after OMD
And I'm glad others agree on this.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.