[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Sealab 2021 the first abridged series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>
>>84096894
No it was the samurais pizza cats.
>>
No considering 2021 didn't follow any of the stories from the original 2020.

Also I can't remember if episodes of 2020 were 15min or 30min so it may not even shortened the show time length, aka the requirement to be an abridged version.
>>
>>84096894
Wasn't Space Ghost C2C airing before Sealab?
>>
>>84097040
Nope it was Dynaman on the USA Network
>>
>>84097080
Space Ghost C2C was more of a reuse of animation than a traditional abridged series.
>>
>>84097071
Since when do Abridged series have to stick to the story?
>>
>>84098202
This. Christ I loved that show as a teenager. Wasn't on for long though.
>>
>>84096894
Was Kung Pow the first abridged movie?
>>
The great granddaddy of abridged parodies is Evangelion ReDeath.
>>
>>84100980
Oh baby.
>>
Juggernaut Bitch and My Way Entertainment made it a internet phenomenon
>>
>>84097071
Shut up, Mailbox Head.
>>
>>84098379
Considering Abridged is just "the same story bit shortened".
>>
>>84099497
No since Kung Pow is just as long if not longer than original.

Stop think abridge means spoof, it means shortened.
>>
>>84101338
We are talking about the internet definition of abridged series which are parody dubs.
>>
>>84101338
>Considering Abridged is just "the same story bit shortened".
>>84101357
>Stop think abridge means spoof, it means shortened.
Internet abridge series are a spoof of abridged anime series and the series themselves. That's what this entire thread has been discussing.
>>
>>84101512
>>84101382
But abridged videos from YouTube weren't called that because they were spoofs, but because they were shorter than the 30min show it was spoofing.

If it had been YuGiOh the parody series I'm sure the rest would have called themselves that too, and would have been right to.
But still the definition (even for the YouTube parodies) has been about the shows being shorter versions of the original.

Don't act like just cause all the YouTube shows are spoofs abridge has been redefined to mean spoof.
>>
>>84102054
>definition (even for the YouTube parodies) has been about the shows being shorter versions of the original.
How when every abridged series deviates from the main plot and go on wild tangents.
>>
>>84102122
Then it isn't exactly making its name accurate.
Bit I've seen a few that were goofy and dumb but still followed most of the original plotlines.
>>
File: thats the joke.jpg (15 KB, 452x339) Image search: [Google]
thats the joke.jpg
15 KB, 452x339
>>84102183
>Then it isn't exactly making its name accurate.
>>
>>84102424
I think he realizes that, but that joke doesn't and shouldn't apply to every parody.
>>
>>84102533
Naw he didn't realize it he just spent a few posts disputing the idea of it.
>>
>>84102549
Disputing the idea that other shows be called "abridged" when they're neither abridged nor calling themselves that ironically.

Try to keep up.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.