[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THOR RAGNAROK speculation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: val.png (1 MB, 804x892) Image search: [Google]
val.png
1 MB, 804x892
>dark skin
>cast has an 80s Thor vibe
>will apparently have "Native American warpaint"

Guys what if Tessa Thompson is Valkyrie because they're taking inspiration from the Moonstar version?

[spolier]t. Reddit
>>
>THOR RAGNAROK speculation

It will be boring gutless garbage like every other Thor movie
>>
>>84096138
But muh Simonson...
>>
Racism for not casting an actual Native person? I mean really.

Just because black people whine louder doesn't mean they get to take everyone's role.
>>
>>84096242
It's already preeeetty clear that this movie will be about as Simonson as it's predecessors.
>>
>>84097006
Just because her appearance was described as having Native American war paint doesn't mean she's intended to be a Native American character. She's from space and African tribes do body paint too.
>>
>>84097006
Didn't you know? "PoC" means black people only.
>>
>>84097099
It's not helped by people here who thinks she is sufficiently black. I guess "vaguely brown" means black people only too.
>>
>>84097150
>sufficiently black
Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>84097072
BUT THIS ONE'S GOT SKURGE IN HEL SHUT UP
>>
>>84097184
t. white gurl
>>
File: miran-shemale-babe010.jpg (112 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
miran-shemale-babe010.jpg
112 KB, 533x800
>>84097413
>gurl

Round these parts that means something different, stranger.
>>
>>84097006
>Just because white people whine for black people for them louder doesn't mean they get to take everyone's role.
FTFY
>>
>>84096116
Again, not sure why they specify Native American. Didn't Vikings and Celtic warriors also wear war paint?
>>
>>84096116
It's ok to change the race of established characters provided they're made to be black. Americans why can't you get your black population under control like Russia?
>>
>>84097531
>Didn't Vikings and Celtic warriors also wear war paint?

almost every culture did at one point or another
>>
I've been saying that for months now!!!
fuck you stealing my theories reddit
>>
>>84097548
How many black people where asking for this?
>>
>>84097636
*were
fuck
>>
>>84096116
A lot of this movie seems weird, but Waititi is suck a fucking great director, I honestly can't help but be hype about it.
>>
>>84097548

Valkyrie is a title not a name and there's no indication this is Brunnhilde. but tell me more how you're upset at the lack of Barbara Norriss
>>
>>84097676
>A lot of this movie seems weird, but Waititi is suck a fucking great director, I honestly can't help but be hype about it.

A lot of people want Marvel to "Dark Knight" Thor and treat it as a serious space viking epic like Jason Aaron's early Thor.

However nothing they've done in the last two films is in that mold except a few parts of the Dark World, and it wouldn't match.

Going "Fifth Element" and embracing the weirdness of the setting is probably for the best.
>>
>its a /pol/ /co/ episode
>>
>>84097717
I appreciate people wanting it slightly darker, and I agree that it can become too close to Guardians and lose on variety.

But on the other hand, I have never seen a Waititi movie that doesn't move me and that I don't love.

I liked James Gunn's Super and Slither, but I LOVED Boy and WWDitS, and Wilderpeople seems even better. FotC was also great, and he contributed to it.

There's something about the way he puts innocence and naivite on screen that I think is gonna make for a great Thor movie. I'm really looking forward to it.
>>
File: thor bad at sex.gif (1 MB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
thor bad at sex.gif
1 MB, 245x200
>>84097717

I really wanna rewatch Dark World because going in knowing it's like a Dr Who episode might make me enjoy it more (and i thought it was fine fun already) I'm super forgiving to the romance too
>>
>>84097531
Their's was considered a lot simpler. Put the two designs side by side and you'd probably see a marked difference.
>>
File: 1454381272374.jpg (758 KB, 981x3400) Image search: [Google]
1454381272374.jpg
758 KB, 981x3400
>>84097717
Eh. True desu.
>>
File: dickbutt.png (30 KB, 150x218) Image search: [Google]
dickbutt.png
30 KB, 150x218
>>84097592
I'm sorry anon.
>>
File: co doesn't read comics.jpg (338 KB, 1000x1484) Image search: [Google]
co doesn't read comics.jpg
338 KB, 1000x1484
>>84097766
Any TRUE comic fan is, anon. :^)
>>
>>84097928
You lose out on so much when Thor isn't also human.

But even then, JMS's take on it never felt right to me. It veered too far into Captain Marvel territory, and made it seem like Thor was less capable of surgery than Blake.
>>
>Having a Half Black Half Mestizo play an Indian woman
Racist.
But I guess all brown people are just interchangeable.
>>
>>84100347
The whole "Native American warpaint" thing came from a description of a journalist, she's not meant to be a Native character. She's probably an alien covered in alien symbols and that was the best way the person thought to describe it.
>>
>>84100121
JMS created the MU Broxton.
He gets a pass for anything & everything.
>>
>>84097093
Dani, the character is. They had a perfectly good chance to add her into the MCU and add something the MCU hasn't had.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.