[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He may not have had the best programming choices He may have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: Snyder1_web.jpg (109 KB, 730x550) Image search: [Google]
Snyder1_web.jpg
109 KB, 730x550
He may not have had the best programming choices

He may have been for CN Real

He may have gotten Toonami cancelled on his watch

He may be the reason the older Cartoon Cartoons stopped playing

But for gods sake, he was better than the shit Cartoon Network we have now. Yes I would take the guy who at least made no qualms of how much he only saw CN as a children's marketing platform than the people in charge now
>>
>>84086270
Plus, he's the guy who let some of the workers from Flapjack make their own shows, leading to Adventure Time and Regular Show.
Say what you will about them, but they practically saved the network back in 2010.
>>
>>84086270
What?

It sucks that all shows look like CalArts, and it sucks that TTG and NuPPG exist and are pumped so hard, but holy shit what we had then was fucking cancerous.

Kids that grow up these days are still going to see some okay television. There is NOTHING good from that era of CN, only what came before and what came after.
>>
File: 1455332527086.png (275 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
1455332527086.png
275 KB, 500x384
>He may have been for CN Real
To be fair, Staples did put forward the idea to have live action shows on Cartoon Network. Remember Out of Jimmy's Head?
>>
>>84087344
>Practically.

They did outright. CN had almost become a fully live action channel by then with some 2000's reruns mixed in, it's always darkest before the dawn and all that. Whether or not you like them or not is irrelevant, that channel was a couple of years away from killing itself without them.

>>84087444
Hey man, at least we got Flapjack and Chowder, and the channel knew how to FUCKING ROTATE ITS SHOWS ON RERUN.
>>
>>84087344
chowder and flapjack were the beginning of the end for cartoon network and adventure time was the final blow
>>
>>84086270
Does /co/ hates everyone named Snyder?
>>
>>84087444
>Kids that grow up these days are still going to see some okay television.
But they're not though. Not on CN anyway.

Like I'm not going to pretend that Snyder had good decisions at all but he paved the way for your so called era by giving those cartoons a chance in the first place
>>
>>84087444
Generator Rex and Secret Saturdays. But they got shit marketing because "We only need one action show and it's Ben 10." Fuck that era of CN.
>>
>>84087757
>Zack Snyder
>Rob Snyder
>...OP's Snyder
If your name is Snyder and you're looking into creating things, change your name legally.
>>
>>84086270
Do you have any idea how many children had their souls horrifically sucked out during the Hall of Game Awards? The man is a monster.
>>
>>84087496
i try not to
>>
>>84086270
He murdered the shit out of DC Nation. He has my eternal contempt for that alone.
>>
>>84088011
yeah

TO SCHNEIDER!!!!
>>
>>84086270
Not to mention that under him, CN:
1. had proper scheduling, including a working one at their site (the latter was turned to shit first, then canned altogether). There were no "bombs" either
2. made Symbionic Titan. Arguably their best show
3. made Mystery Inc. It has lots of dumb decisions, but was unique enough to stand out
>>
CN Real was a mistake. A complete mistake that should have never happened on his watch and was the result of him not taking the network at it's name seriously enough, however, at the least he eventually realized it wasn't popular at all and canned it having it only last for 2 years and was completely forgettable.
>>
File: Tower_Prep_-_Intertitle[1].jpg (59 KB, 444x250) Image search: [Google]
Tower_Prep_-_Intertitle[1].jpg
59 KB, 444x250
Speaking of CN Real, was this show any good? I've considered giving it a shot for a while now. It actually looked kinda decent.
>>
>>84088569
I heard neat things about it. Paul Dini worked on it too.
>>
>>84088569
I watched it once. Wasn't super impressed, but it was passable. I heard good things about how it developed in the long run, but that you'll be SUPER disappointed at the end because it got cancelled abruptly.
>>
no such thing as lesser of evils here, CN went from bad to worst, also i dont think CN real was his fault, if im not mistaken (which i probably am) the last guy before him on his way out signed up the CN Real BS. he is responsible though for Honey Boo boo and all the trash in TLC, but back on topic, neither is good, it went from bad to worst, we had CN Real and now we have San Francisco, CalArts SJW libertal progressive LGBTQIXYTP pandering. fuck this gay earth.
>>
File: 1466523965215.jpg (10 KB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
1466523965215.jpg
10 KB, 175x175
>>84089011
Ever notice how the people with shit taste and acute paranoia all type like cavemen?
>>
>>84088297
You forgot.
>Cancelled Symbionic Titan. Arguably their best show
>>
>>84088076
Hall of Game was good though
>>
>>84086270
>Mostly Canada imports with a few actually good shows
>most of the shows nowadays are good
The biggest good that the channel had then as opposed to now was the scheduling good gravy the schedule now is shit
>>
>>84087757
>>84088011
We like Dana Snyder
>>
File: 1438538301465.gif (97 KB, 398x303) Image search: [Google]
1438538301465.gif
97 KB, 398x303
>>84086270

>But for gods sake, he was better than the shit Cartoon Network we have now.

Nope, despite how much /co/ hates SU and TTG Cartoon Network is way better than when Synder was around. SU isn't even that bad, just has a shitty fanbase. Even if there's shitty reboots, at least its a fucking cartoon. There was nothing but Flapjack and Total Drama when Snyder was around. That time was fucking bleak.
>>
>>84089740
Wasn't Johnny Test at that era too? I'll take TTGo 24 hours a day over JT 24 hours a day
>>
>>84089047
ad hominem.
you arent tackling the argument, typical of tumblr trash
>>
>>84089740
>nothing but Flapjack and Total Drama
Flapjack and Chowder had their flaws but they were bright lights compared to everything else
>>
>>84088297
>Had proper scheduling
No they didn't. I find it ironic you bring up Mystery Inc to talk about that because they were one of the worst victims of their lack of schedule.
>Made Symbionic Titan
And treated it like shit despite good ratings, pissing off their long standing relationship with Gendy and making him leave after 1 season.

You guys are treating the shows that came in at the time as Snyders decisions, but he's not responsible for that. He's responsible for all of their demises though. Chowder and Flapjack were the only ones he treated well, and that was the taaaaail end of his career.
>>
File: 1439165548366.jpg (28 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1439165548366.jpg
28 KB, 320x240
>>84090951
>Wasn't Johnny Test at that era too? I'll take TTGo 24 hours a day over JT 24 hours a day

I'd rather have neither. Seriously what is with CN and cramming horrible shows on any time slot that isn't Thursday? Why don't they bother just putting in random shows as filler rather than just TTGO all the damn time? I don't think I've seen an Adventure Time rerun in years.
>>
>>84086270
>He may have been for CN Real

This alone is unforgivable and the other two are also cardinal sins.

>he was better than the shit Cartoon Network we have now.

The shows are ok for the most part (Powerpuff Girls being the huge exception). The problem is the scheduling. Teen Titans go is horribly overplayed. I'm so fucking sick of it.
>>
>>84086270
Nah. Sorry OP. You're wrong.

Mid-2000s CN was completely unwatchable. At least TTG entertains children more than five hous of "My Gym Partner's A Monkey".
>>
>>84089740
>/co/ hates SU

/co/ hates Steven Universe? Even with all the lesbian shipping and whatnot, I think the story is still good. If anything the fanbase is worse than the show.
>>
>>84092118
>Why don't they bother just putting in random shows as filler rather than just TTGO all the damn time?

When you consider how infrequently stuff like Regular Show and Adventure Time are on, it makes the overplaying of Teen Titans all the more ridiculous. I haven't seen an episode of Regular Show in forever and the last time I even heard about Adventure Time being on was the Marcelline special.

What the fuck are those niggers doing?
>>
>>84088297
>proper scheduling
Are you an idiot? I mean yeah they didn't just spam one show but they fucking outright murdered shows by placing them on terrible timeslots
>>
>>84089740
SU is their ONLY show of note now, though. AT and RS are on their last legs, Clarence and Gumball are good but pretty oldish already... Yeah that's really it. Christ they're in a dire state.
>>
>>84086270
That's like saying having prostate cancer is hell and you'll die quickly, but it's better than having throat cancer.
>>
>>84088297
Are you aware of just how many cartoons flopped because they came on at times where kids couldn't watch them? Things constantly got shuffled around
>>
>>84086270
Anyone whose last name is Snyder is a plague upon God's good earth.
>>
>>84094915

except voice actors John Snyder and Jay Snyder (a.k.a Dan Green).
>>
>>84094670
correction, the vocal minority of /co/ hates SU

that's true for almost every good show though, /co/ will always have a vocal minority bashing it no matter how good it actually is
>>
>>84088214
>Rob Schneider ran a successful animated tv network
>Until one day he lost his mind
>Now, prepare to be dumbfounded, as you'll be CN Real!!!!!
>Rob Schneider is
>The CEO
>>
>>84087757
Granted, it's one hell of a coincidence.
>>
>>84088569
Neat concept, feel like it was pitched as a cartoon but got made into a live action thing because CNReal.
>>
File: UnnaturalHistory-168591.png (206 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
UnnaturalHistory-168591.png
206 KB, 500x281
>>84088569
I honestly liked this show.
>>
File: 1466725759641.gif (2 MB, 374x254) Image search: [Google]
1466725759641.gif
2 MB, 374x254
>>84095208
My dearest friend. That was the only good thing to come out of CN Real. Was it ever finished?
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.