[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What where they thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 18
why was this Cancelled for shitty Teen Titan's go I know the toys were not getting bought enough.But I also don't see merchandise flying off the shelf. Post other show that has potential but cancelled for shittyer new show,Bad Ratings,bad toy sales & Etc.
>>
>>84085699
/co/ grossly overestimates the quality of this show

It's genuinely the worst show Timm ever made and the Razor/Aya relationship was a bizarre combination of pedo-robo-necrophilia. Hal literally had no personality either.

Meh.
>>
>>84085763
>It's genuinely the worst show Timm ever made and the Razor/Aya relationship was a bizarre combination of pedo-robo-necrophilia. Hal literally had no personality either.
what's it like having such awful opinions
>>
>>84085763
>Timm
Timm didn't head this
>>
File: GREENLANTENHALJORDON.jpg (21 KB, 307x496) Image search: [Google]
GREENLANTENHALJORDON.jpg
21 KB, 307x496
>>84085699
>I know the toys were not getting bought enough
There were no toys, that's the problem. The Green Lantern movie crashed and the toys for the movies didin't sell. That caused retailers not to want Green Lantern toys. Without toys to sell, the people who funded the show didn't have a reason to fund it anymore.
>>
>>84085854
Posting additional prototypes for the Green Lantern toys that unfortunately didn't get made.
>>
File: GREENLANTERNATROCIUS.jpg (18 KB, 321x499) Image search: [Google]
GREENLANTERNATROCIUS.jpg
18 KB, 321x499
>>84085898
>>
>>84085907
>>
>>84085763
I'm not saying it's A great representation of the Green lantern universe I didn't even like it @ first but it grew on me & I rather watch that the Fycking Teen Titan's go With there weird leg fetish & cringy use of anime reactions.
>>
>>84085854
>>84085898
>>84085907
>>84085921
To be fair the articulation on these looks like garbage.

Hopefully one day we get stuff like the DCC Timm/BTAS line
>>
File: Stuart_Snyder.jpg (29 KB, 170x189) Image search: [Google]
Stuart_Snyder.jpg
29 KB, 170x189
>>84085763
Get out of here Synder. You were fired for a reason.
>>
>>84085699
It's not just the show's own merchandise that has to sell.

The show's merchandise makes money for the studio (the people who make the show). This is in addition to the money they got paid to make the show - which covers their wages etc.

So if a show sells a lot of its own merchandise, it's making a lot of money for the studio and the studio will want to continue making it. They may even offer a portion of this money to the broadcaster in order to sweeten the deal.

The broadcaster has to pay the studio for the show to be made. They raise money through advertising. The amount of money they can raise is variable and depends on the type of audience the show is aimed at (because some audiences have access to more spending money than others, and some have access but will only spend on certain kinds of thing) and the actual number of viewers it receives. Because some low-audience shows have audiences who spend a lot on what they see in the ad breaks, they stay on the air. This is easier with shows that aren't about robo-pedo-necrophilia, because shows that aren't about that are more accessible to a wider audience. Another kind of low-audience show that sticks is a repeat, because those are relatively cheap to buy broadcast rights for, and have a proven audience (though usually a very small one).

When a show fails the broadcaster, they stop buying it, so it stops getting made (unless it has a successful merchandise line to support new episodes, or existing unsold episodes that they can shop around to other broadcasters). The broadcaster commissions a different show based on what their audience research is telling them people want in that timeslot.
>>
>>84085965
It's the same toy designs as a lot of the Timmverse toys. And considering the GLTAS designs are inspired by Timmverse designs, it makes sense.
>>
File: CN_Ratings_Jan21-27.png (106 KB, 567x940) Image search: [Google]
CN_Ratings_Jan21-27.png
106 KB, 567x940
It literally had the worst timeslot too. As much as I used to love Saturday morning cartoons, it made no sense for an action show like this to be on that early, one day a week, with no repeats.
>>
File: Nick_Ratings_Jan14-20.png (97 KB, 580x833) Image search: [Google]
Nick_Ratings_Jan14-20.png
97 KB, 580x833
>>84086161
Also, it competed against Nick's best timeslot at the time.

To no ones surprise, it was Spongebob.
>>
>>84085699
>why was this Cancelled for shitty Teen Titan's go

It wasn't canceled so TTGO could live. Just because another show existed doesn't mean it killed the previous show.
>>
>>84085965
Yea, the YJ had the same problem. Looked like shit
>>
>>84085763
>Hal literally had no personality either.

Hal is the most boring GL there is. It's why every film, show, DTV fails in sales.
>>
File: 1464841569294.jpg (50 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464841569294.jpg
50 KB, 1920x1080
That reminds me, I need to buy the dvd/blurays of the show so my nephew can watch them when he's older.

He's got ducktales, talespin, and Darkwing duck for now, but that's not enough
>>
File: images (3).jpg (5 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
5 KB, 240x200
Also the cgi animation was not my cup of tea but it was ok.the Cgi on star wars rebels Bugs me especially when they showed wookies the looked to smooth & shiny as Mr Horse would say "No sir I don't like it"
>>
>>84086501
Has Rebels gotten better?
I gave the first season a shot but still hated it by the time Ahsoka showed up
Does she manage to somehow redeem and carry the show?
>>
File: doublesguy.jpg (49 KB, 600x602) Image search: [Google]
doublesguy.jpg
49 KB, 600x602
>>84086591
Idk I pretty much did the same thing I mite put on the new season sometime & check it out.
>>
>>84085817
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Lantern:_The_Animated_Series#Development

He might not have been showrunner, but he played a crucial part.
>>
>>84086228
This. Why do CN autists always say that shit?

>durr Big O was canceled because Tim and Eric said it was stupid

>Meanwhile Big O's director says he had no interest in doing a season 2, much less a season 3.
>>
>>84086253
>Hal is the most boring GL there is.
nah
>>
File: Beast-Wars-Maximals.jpg (525 KB, 1583x1024) Image search: [Google]
Beast-Wars-Maximals.jpg
525 KB, 1583x1024
But Ggi animation is amazing now compared to this & Reboot back when I was A young warthog.
>>
>>84085956
Why do you type like you're thirteen?

Also stop blaming TTGO, its success has nothing to do with GL's failure.
>>
>>84087036
Was tigerhawk a maximal? I thought he was unaligned/servant of floating skulls

Also, where's default Black Arachnia? She was a maximal too... eventually
>>
File: power girl drink holder.png (55 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
power girl drink holder.png
55 KB, 400x400
>>84087108
Smaller phone that is A p.o.s That auto corrects me even though I stopped the auto correcting function & Touch screen fucking up.Yeh....... Sry about that I'm getting Includes shield tablet for My Emulator's & art shit so when I mobile post I don't seem like A Autismic spectral Knight.See with I did dar.
>>
>>84085763
I wouldn't say it's that bad, but yeah, I got fed up with the Aya/Razer shit.

The worst part about the cancellation is that it was finally getting into the cool parts of GL lore (Sinestro Corps, Blackest Night, John, Alan, and Kyle), and now none of that will happen.
>>
>>84086228
CN literally offed the whole block, including the shorts, save for TTG.

One way or another, it was their way of saying they want nothing more to do with DC properties.
>>
>>84085699
It was cancelled because Green Lantern, merchandise-wise, was a toxic IP thanks to the movie. Nobody wanted toys for the show because nobody wanted toys for the movie. "Those didn't sell, so why would people want MORE Green Lantern toys?" was the thinking.

The show was doomed before it had even aired.
>>
>>84086931
that would actually be John Stewart.
>>
>>84089724
Yeah, post cartoon, Muhreen John is blander than diet water.
>>
File: Saintwalker.gif (962 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
Saintwalker.gif
962 KB, 500x700
I will always miss this show. There was so much left to explore.
>>
Love the female designs in the show
>>
File: aya.jpg (65 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
aya.jpg
65 KB, 500x666
>>
Children liked TTG! and didn't like this

deal with it
>>
>>84085965
Mattel can't make toys to save their lives.
>>
>>84094638
the best
>>
>>84094650
...except GL and YJ had stellar ratings

Plus any person that willingly watches TTG should be sent to the gas chambers
>>
File: durza checks aya out.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
durza checks aya out.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>84094694
>>
>>84085699
You're mistaken, this was canceled for shitty Beware the Batman
>>
There's also a complicated relationship between CN, DC and Time/Warner in regards how profits from commercials and licensed toy/merch sales are distributed.

From what I gathered from interviews CN doesn't profit a lot from DC based shows because DC gets more sweet merch money from toys 'n stuff than CN.

Warner gets money from everything both sub-companies do so they want to utilize both assets in synergy.
Once it's decided and produced CN HAS to air a DC property based show.

I understood it that way that a CN inhouse property like Ben10 prints WAY more money for CN through licensing of toys, merch, games etc. whereas a DC based property is far less profitable for the CN people.

So maybe CN uses it's wriggle room in scheduling to relegate DC based shows to unimportant slots so they don't siphon away profits of CN inhouse shows.

They still have to advertise and promote or Warner will get pissed, but in case of Green Lantern it makes sense because there's no beneficent synergy when the movie was a flop.
>>
>>84094698
>except GL and YJ had stellar ratings
wrong

both were losing out to Spongebob reruns
>>
>>84094942
literally everything was losing out to spongebob reruns
>>
>>84095064
wrong again

Regular show and AT were beating out everything then

no idea how it is now
>>
>>84085699
lame the Execs who cast Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan and cobbled together an awful script. I dunno how you manage to fuck up GL, especially when everything that wasn't Hank Henshaw/Paralax was actually pretty decent.

so anyways that movie bombs and the market is already flooded with green lantern toys that won't sell because no one, not children, not collectors, likes that movie.

enter GLTAS which is pretty good but is meant to push toys.

toys that bluntly can't exist because Warner Brothers and DC already shit the bed.

why they didn't transition into T-shirts or something I dunno Show could've moved cereal, toothpaste and so on I think.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.