[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can't wait to see how Ewing will deal with the Hawkeye character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: New Avengers 011-011.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
New Avengers 011-011.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
Can't wait to see how Ewing will deal with the Hawkeye character assassination in the next CWII issue.
>>
He'll play it as well as he can.
Damage control an incorporating forced tie-ins are his bread and butter.
>>
>>84083133
>>84083668
I hope he can recover him afterwards, and bring him back to the actual plot of NA. I mean, look at the characters: there are a lot of characters that blend well with Clint and have history with him in some way. Well, plenty, not most, but plenty.
>>
I have faith in Sunspots Keikaku
>>
I predict a lot of push for Kate Bishop to be the new Hawkeye.
>>
>>84084075
Pretty sure they already said she's getting a new book
>>
>>84084108
At expense of Clint, and Cho for Banner's death.
>>
How did Ewing write a better Clint than Bendis and Fraction? How?
>>
>>84084108

I think it was like "We want to and are looking for a good opportunity"

>>84084143

what are you talking about
>>
>>84084359
Bendis doesn't like Clint and Fraction makes all his male leads dumbasses
>>
File: handy hawkeye.png (2 MB, 795x659) Image search: [Google]
handy hawkeye.png
2 MB, 795x659
>>84084359
>>84084359

fraction wrote a great Clint, sorry
>>
>>84084075
Would she really be the new Hawkeye when she's been Hawkeye since her introduction over 10 years ago?
>>
>>84084108
Can't wait for sub-Squirrel Girl numbers
>>
>>84085211
So standard Hawkeye numbers?
>>
>>84085223
didnt fraction hawkeye sell well?
>>
>>84085902
at first, then the delays and artist switches and the Kate arc killed momentum
>>
>>84084359
he's a better writer?
>>
File: 1449750353591.jpg (6 KB, 153x147) Image search: [Google]
1449750353591.jpg
6 KB, 153x147
>>84083133

>Clint is so against killing that he became estranged from Bobbi after she killed the guy who raped her
>Bendis is having him kill Bruce Banner
>>
>>84086072
Is this actually confirmed literally anywhere?
>>
>>84086112
it's implied
>>
>>84086217
Yeah, like that's going to go over well. I'm sure he won't get his head caved in.

Like, shit, it's pretty obvious where this is going. And if/when it does, how many fucking times does this make it that Hawkeye's died now?
>>
File: Cap & Hawkeye.jpg (472 KB, 976x1500) Image search: [Google]
Cap & Hawkeye.jpg
472 KB, 976x1500
>tfw Carol kills Bruce & frames Clint, because she's a cunt
>>
>>84086289
Bruce isn't the Hulk, Amadeus is

Hawkguy kills Bruce, Amadeus gets pissed, Ulysses's vision comes true
>>
File: Hawkeye Leaving.png (3 MB, 1281x652) Image search: [Google]
Hawkeye Leaving.png
3 MB, 1281x652
>>84086363
>Hawkguy

Back to tumblr ye cancer
>>
>>84086728
make me
>>
>>84084359
By actually giving a shit about him?
>>
>>84083133
UGH THIS ART IS TERRIBLE
>>
>>84086728
>>>/new/
>>
>>84084391
Getting rid of Clint in an event makes it a good opportunity I suppose
>>
>>84084434
But Clint has always been a bit dumb. I mean, he's very smart, has great fast thinking and he's a great strategist, but sometimes, he's also incredibly dumb and lazy. He's not as impulsive and reckless as Bendis writes him, but Fraction's run wasn't very far from classic Clint, as far as I've read in old comics (I admit I've not read a lot of them, but I've done some). He wasn't as assertive as he usually is, but I want to think that's because he's in a down period. I mean, he has suffered a lot of weird stuff since, what, the last 10 years? I sure would be a mess. And there's the think of him not wanting to bright too much in order to let Kate grow, I guess. He seems impressed by her skills, as he usually is with some people he comes across.

Well, that's my headcanon, at least.
>>
>>84086072
Attempting Devil's advocate.

He has gained a new view after the skrull whole shit. He admitted to Bobbie before the final break up that he sees things differently now, and can understand why would anyone let someone die, or even kill. That was the writer trying to add some reason to Clint killing spree in the Skrull invasion and the whole Osborn issue, I think, but still. It's not like he's willed to kill now, but at least he's not the absolutely not killing boy he was before.

Long story short: people has to fix Bendis messing characters, again
>>
>>84086934
New artist is better, imho.
>>
>>84086072
Bendis is that kind of faggot who thinks Hawkeye doesn't belong in the Avengers because he is just a regular guy with a bow and arrows.
>>
>>84087593
>has
have.

I suck at English right now. Sorry, guys.
>>
>>84088320
Bendis is also the kind of faggot who put Luke Cage on the Avengers because he wants to get buttfucked by BBC.
>>
>>84088793
I liked the New Avengers
>>
>>84084359
Ewing, for any faults he has as a writer in terms of plotting or variety, is absolutely one of the best people in the business when it comes to writing characters with their proper characterization and getting their voices right.

Which should be cape comics 101, but most modern writers have said fuck that and just follow the Bendis school of "just write them however the hell you want and if anyone asks, just say you're re-inventing them or putting your own spin on the character."

Ewing is one of the increasingly rare instances of a writer whose perfectly suited to Big 2 cape comics but is nothing special when it comes to creator owned stuff. If you look at Ewing's 2000 AD works, it's certainly good but nothing special, whereas his cape comics really stand out for their masterful use of continuity and proper characterizations. He's like a young Busiek. There aren't many other writers like that left nowadays.

There are plenty of better comic writers to be sure, but there are very few better corporate cape writers. An example would be Hickman and Remender. I'd say both are better writers than Ewing if you look at their creator owned books, but Ewing's Marvel books have a significantly better grasp on continuity and making his books feel like a natural part of the marvel universe than either of them did.
>>
>>84089044
It had its moments. I think Cage being an Avenger though is perfectly fine either way. At the expense of Hawkeye, Vision and Wanda though it stung.
>>
>>84087463

yeah the whole gimmick about Fraction's run was "This is his not an Avenger days" and later people didn't care about that division.
>>
>>84086934
It's fast, and cheap, and expressive which is what cape comics are all about.

Come on. Even guys like Ditko and Kirby hacked it sometimes.
>>
>>84091117
Heh, it was in the introduction: "This is what he does when he's not an avenger". It was obviously not a heroic book. Expecting something else is hopeless.
>>
>>84091132
I'm not too fond of its designs, to be quite honest. I usually like fast expressive drawing, but I have a hard time with this particular style, mostly because the way the artist draws faces.

I didn't care as much as to not reading and enjoying NA, but I wasn't a fan of the art.
>>
>>84083133
Is New Avengers worth reading for Clint?
>>
>>84091466
Compared to the Clint we get now yes
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.