[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I see a lot of people on /co/ that doesn't like him. Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: jefflemire.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
jefflemire.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
I see a lot of people on /co/ that doesn't like him. Why? His cape comics are okay, but his creator owned work is pretty based desu senpai. Sweet Tooth and The Underwater Welder almost made me cry.
>>
>>84079826
He did a mediocre job with a team book, said "I know I have problems writing teams and I'll do better next time", then did ANOTHER mediocre job with a team book, and then jumped companies to write a THIRD team book and did the "I have problems but this time, I promise!" routine.
>>
>>84079826
I only really enjoyed his Superboy, Essex and Sweet Tooth, I've read most everything he's written but he's a really just a mid tier writer.
>>
He's kind of mediocre to be honest. I don't hate him, but I don't buy books on his name alone.
>>
>>84079826
The less he has to work with the better his stuff is. He is a professional bed shitter when it comes to team books.
>>
I just reread all the Extraordinary X-Men issues and I legitimately like the series. It can certainly improve, but overall I like it.
>>
Better as a writer than an artist. In fact, he sucks monolithic ass as an artist and should give it up or face the fact that he needs to improve.
>>
>>84083545
Garbage opinion. His art is great
>>
>>84079826
/co/ did like him when he was doing his small Vertigo books.

Then he jumped to the bigger books and surprise surprise.
>>
File: 1277925983221.jpg (18 KB, 275x198) Image search: [Google]
1277925983221.jpg
18 KB, 275x198
>>84083976
Hell fucking naw. He can't into anatomy, perspective, design, composition or anything. He draws the sameface stick figures looking mopey and tilted at an angle with a wash of watercolours to gloss over his lack of abilities.

Also he doesn't reference anything and draws too much from pure imagination and symbolism, and it shows
>>
His writing made me stop buying X-men after decades of at least getting 1 X-title.
>>
>>84083976
I like a lot of "ugly" artists but Lemire isn't one of them, the only thing really good about his art is his use of long pauses in dialogue and sweeping shots which he's been abandoning more and more for years now. And don't post those fucking two page spread with his water colors, those aren't the norm for him, when it comes to standard comic pages he fucking blows.
>>
File: Lame.jpg (514 KB, 779x601) Image search: [Google]
Lame.jpg
514 KB, 779x601
>>84083545
>>84083976
His art isn't great, it's an acquired that isn't suitable for most capeshit but works really well with slice of life and other books. I can see him doing a really great Justice League Dark arc, for example.

But a great artist means he could draw anything - and he can't.
>>
>>84080707
I only read Justice League United and it sucks. I have Extraordinary X-Men sitting on my laptop and haven't bothered with it, but mostly because I find X books confusing. But now that I know it's him, I might just toss em.
>>
>>84079826
I loved animal man.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.