[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly is a comfy tv show/episode?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: Comfy.jpg (372 KB, 1803x1351) Image search: [Google]
Comfy.jpg
372 KB, 1803x1351
What's a comfy cartoon or episode of your favorite cartoons that I can watch, /co/?
>>
Last I watched was LoliRock, already pretty comfy colorful
Heard people say the 18th ep is chill
>>
>>84075872
I want to say it's something that has a calm atmosphere, music and artstyle.

Over the Garden Wall is a comfy show to me, even with all the purgatory themes and creepy creatures.
>>
>>84076043
So something like "the Weekenders" for example?
>>
>>84075872
Mushishi
>>
>>84076189
Yeah, I'd go with the Weekenders as a comfy show.
>>
File: 960.jpg (55 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
55 KB, 960x540
>>84076043
>Over the Garden Wall
Came here to make sure this was posted. Wasn't the first reply as it ought to have been, but pretty close.
>>
>>84075979
>>84076043
>>84076189

All have been extremely chill
>>
They just finished airing a month's worth of new Harvey Beaks so now is as good a time as any to check it out.
>>
File: Tasty.gif (1 MB, 627x353) Image search: [Google]
Tasty.gif
1 MB, 627x353
Littlest Pet Shop

It's basically an animated, colorful-cartoon-animal version of the show "Community"

comfy slice of life, character-interaction focused, silliness, songs, etc.

The art style is a bit fucked (every character has a giant head) but other than that it's fine.
>>
>>84076218
i'd agree with you if this wasn't /co anon
>>
File: 1462310600508.png (100 KB, 2880x1646) Image search: [Google]
1462310600508.png
100 KB, 2880x1646
>not posting this
I know hating this show is a meme, but still. Comfyest shit ever.
>>
>>84075872
Byword for boring or unfunny like Steven Universe, some episodes of Adventure Time, etc.
>>
>>84077123

>It's basically an animated, colorful-cartoon-animal version of the show "Community"

I hope the karmic backlash for saying something so terrible is massive, you fuck. Community deserves so much better.
>>
>>84075872
A) entertainment for people who are too emotionally fragile to handle intense conflict, be it violence or heavy subject matter.

B) any entertainment that is targetted at viewers who would rather feel good than think critically. with this interpretation, any kind of pandering or successfully targetted audience, often unintelligent, would fit the descriptor

C) it might or might not have liberal sjw tendencies to feel "cool" without the marxist hegelian dialectic that would be a logical follow through instead of bullshit identity politics which divide people along lines of alienated labor. such glaring intellectual oversight is not specifically required tough

D) anything "safe" that parents would permit because it doesn't threaten their puritan values rather than exposing their children to something they disagree with so they can have a discussion with their offspring, deconstructing what might be disagreeable.

E) any kind of media that can be sold that only softly approaches a subject that evades reasons to be censored, in effect defeating the purpose of the original plot or positive message
>>
>>84079599
*C) required tHough*
>>
>>84079388
>triggered by neutral comparison
take your meds man
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 744x480) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 744x480
Practically every episode of Harvey Beaks
>>
>>84079954
Oh gosh this, great show. Calm and cozy while still funny, every character is great and cute, very good animation and art design, interesting magical world, very good feelsy writing. Watch "The Finger" and "Alone"
>>
>>84075872
I'd call something comfy when it has lots of greenery (grass, trees, bushes, forest, etc), nice soft colors, and soothing instrumental music. And overall it gives me a feeling of at ease.

So I'd say World Masterpiece Theater series was a pretty comfy set of shows for me. I watched a lot of Cedie, Judy Abbott, Remi, Little Women, Secret Garden, and Georgie when I was a kid.

The coming of age story is incidental, but I just noticed most things I consider comfy have that kind of story (in vidya, I consider Popolocrois and Ni no Kuni comfy).

I love Over the Garden Wall but I wouldn't really call the overall show comfy. It had creepiness and uneasiness all throughout that I wouldn't call comfy, but I immensely love the show because of that.

I understand why some people get mad when comfy is used as a description. Saying something is comfy could be objective (color palette, soundtrack, story, etc) or it could be simply something that made you feel at ease.

>>84076218
I was about to mention Mushishi as well. God I love that series.
>>
>>84079304
Gay and boring.
>>
>>84079599

Have something you want to get off your chest instead of acting passive aggressive Anon?
>>
>>84079599
I kind of agree with A and B, but I think it's more of a genre or variety for some people. I personally like the occasional comfy show when I'm in the mood, and I don't mind ones with proper conflict or ones that make you feel uncomfortable.
>>
File: 1445320473435.gif (322 KB, 327x320) Image search: [Google]
1445320473435.gif
322 KB, 327x320
>>84080374
Good meme.
>>
Kipper
Brambly Hedge
Over The Garden Wall
Littlest Pet Shop
Harvey Beaks
Wakfu
>>
>>84075872
Pokemon, Spider Riders, Original Thundercats
>>
>>84077123
I hope you get raped.
>>
>>84079599
This is pretty accurate, I think, but then you have stuff like OtGW which has a comfy feel but still has some dark shit in there. What I call comfy in OtGW might just be a term for well made scenery.
>>
>>84077123
you realize that is a show for little girls right?
>>
>>84086476
Because there's no precedent established for this situation.
>>
File: Wander_Hugging_Lord_Hater.jpg (159 KB, 1241x653) Image search: [Google]
Wander_Hugging_Lord_Hater.jpg
159 KB, 1241x653
>ctrl+f
>no Wander over Yonder

Probably one of the most genuinely good-natured and upbeat shows out there

It's more 'exciting' with some episodes than something like We Bare Bears, but there are comfy episodes
>>
>>84089202
WoY is far from comfy. It's too upbeat, like you said, and has lots of slapstick. I'm not saying it's not good just because it's not comfy.

Don't confuse feeling at ease/nice while watching a show you like with comfy. Satan could find the murdering of babies comfy to watch, but that doesn't mean murdering of babies is comfy.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.