[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cancelled Daredevil game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: daredevil-cancelled-game.png (601 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
daredevil-cancelled-game.png
601 KB, 800x600
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF8AEtKXwEA
So I just found out about this and I'm sad now.
>>
People really should quit it with the licenced video games.
>>
>>84070337
>reno nevada
that's the problem right there
I live near there and its a shithole
>>
This looks like it could have been pretty rad.

Fucking Sony ruining everything as usual.
>>
>>84070337
>Sony ruined the DD video game
Goddamn, Sony is literally cancer. Why couldn't North Korea blow hem up?
>>
k
>>
This looks like it could have been one of the best Marvel games ever. Why wasn't Marvel okay with the storyline?
>>
Nooooo
>>
I actually like the grind mechanic. Seemed like a cool way to get around fast and it didn't look too awkward.
>>
>>84070337
What the fuck? This looks like shit.
>>
>>84074334
your mam
>>
>>84071776
>>84071545
Not the employees showing up, drugged out of their minds?
>>
I played that GBA DD game, I remember it wasn't terrible.
>>
>>84075182
ebin
>>
>>84074334
It was 2004, of course the graphics weren't as good as the Arkham games or GTA. I think it looks okay for its time.
>>
It looks like it could have been as fun as Spider-Man 2
>>
File: DD29_DD.jpg (69 KB, 285x426) Image search: [Google]
DD29_DD.jpg
69 KB, 285x426
>>84070337
>So I just found out about this and I'm sad now.

>Developer wants to make a modest, straightforward game
>Producers demand the best of everything
>Producers demand gimmicks
>Producers unwilling to pay for proper equipment
>Producers tug of war between other Producers and Devs
>Game is cancelled

"What is every cancelled game ever"
>>
File: daredevil_gbabox.jpg (88 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
daredevil_gbabox.jpg
88 KB, 500x500
>>84075388
>>
>Has Spider-man 2 web mechanics before SM2
>Has Detective mode before Arkham games
>It also has an open world where you can choose to fight randomly generated thugs
>It was based on the comics instead of the movie
I'm so mad. Arkham City Daredevil edition before actual Arkham City.
Now if someone makes a DD game it would play exactly like that. Detective mode doesn't even make sense for Batman, that's LITERALLY DD's power.
>>
>>84079459
Wake me up.
>>
>>84082173
Can't wake up.
>>
File: 1320117110083.png (39 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1320117110083.png
39 KB, 125x125
Unseen64 is full of stories about studios that took ambitious projects, got screw, moved to gambling games for cash and closed shortly after.
Shit's damn tragic

Also, Lady Sia 2 is completed yet it will never be leaked, that hurts.
>>
>>84074204
Seems like the weird grinding and the reduction of the radar sense made the whole thing not feel like Daredevil at all, and so Marvel wouldn't greenlight it.
>>
>>84082484
That sucks.
>>
>>84075221
nope, it was defenitely the studio asking for fucking skateboard mechanics into a Daredevil game
junkies employees didn't help though
>>
Dark Knight cancelled game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMseBN51qMg
>>
File: superman-cancelled-video-game.jpg (124 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
superman-cancelled-video-game.jpg
124 KB, 1200x630
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBeSUzmG43g

The final nail in Factor 5's coffin.
>>
Here's a Flash game that never made it out.

https://youtu.be/CSw3YUnsCz4
>>
>>84079459
I like how you can change Elektra, DD, Bullseye to wear their comic outfits plus Kingpin
>>
>>84084921
Is this real?
This is amazing
>>
>>84084921

GOTTA
>>
>>84087728
GET
A
GRIP
>>
What sucks is that they were damn close to finishing the game, but dickery by Marvel and Sony had them cancel it. Honestly, the grinding didn't seem that bad. It would've worked great with the free roam.

Plus it seemed they were pretty into the comics. Elektra, Punisher, Sewer King, and the Rose sounded interesting.
>>
>>84076904
I'm not talking about the graphics, dude, I may be dumb but I'm not that dumb. I'm talking about the gameplay, it looks stiff and uncomfortable as hell. I know this beta footage, maybe even alpha, that doesn't change the fact the game looks like a cheap movie cash-in (thank god it was using the designs frombthe comics though).
>>
>>84071220
marvel games are good tho
>>
>>84088784
The video explains that it was in development before the movie was confirmed happening

But I agree with you. The combat looks like it needs work. I honestly feel that if the devs didn't work in fucking Reno, and got more dev time they would've fleshed it out more.
>>
>>84070337
Fuck off back to your containment board faggot
>>
>>84070337
at least it looks like spiderman 2 and ultimate spiderman were spiritual succesors to this game, such a shame it never came out, this looked awesome and really ambitious
>>
File: images.png (107 B, 135x90) Image search: [Google]
images.png
107 B, 135x90
Here's a screenshot of the game
>>
>>84084921
Alright, so he's running
Is that it?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.