[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman v Superman has a Watchmen reference
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: CGRlI3m.jpg (352 KB, 1280x546) Image search: [Google]
CGRlI3m.jpg
352 KB, 1280x546
>The phrase 'Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?' is Latin for 'Who watches the Watchmen?'
>>
>DCEU Rebirth soon
>>
>>84032087
How can I appear even MORE pretentiously hollow? I know, I'll write it in Latin!
>>
woooooooooooooow
>>
>>84032087
Nah, totally a Discworld reference
>>
>>84032087
This just goes to show just how much deep symbolism and nuanced critics of modern society and the cape genre is in BvS. Truly, Snyder is a genius way ahead of his time. 20 years from now, we'll be looking back at BvS as the apex of cinema.
>>
>>84032163
>not muh
gg
>>
I just find it depressing that we're getting a Justice League movie with hardly any Superman
>>
>>84032261
How can you POSSIBLY misconstrue that post as "not muh"? Are you just a shitposting AI glitching out?
>>
>>84032297
But imagine how epic his return will be at the end of the 2nd act. A newly resurrected Superman leading the Justice League against the army of Darkseid
>>
>>84032297
Right, third time's the charm, Superman will go full All-Star.
>>
>>84032341
I can already hear every movie reviewer under the Sun screaming deus ex machina.
>>
>>84032163
Listen, buddy, I can't fucking stand BvS or Snyder, but I'm more inclined to dismiss it as an Easter egg too his Watchmen movie more than anything else. Maybe it is meant to allude to some similar themes the two share, but it's hardly a reason to get your panties in a knot over. Especially where there is so much more in that movie that actually is.
>>
>>84032341
Thats implying he'll rally them together or WB will do good this time. They have the issue of reviving him, and fitting him into the 3rd act without it being stupid.
>>
File: Untitled 3.png (651 KB, 1231x517) Image search: [Google]
Untitled 3.png
651 KB, 1231x517
>>84032123
Its happening.
>>
>line Batman says to Green Arrow in the first episode of Justice League Unlimited
>>
>the only thing /co/ knows this quote from is Watchmen

Holy fuck, could you be any more pleb
>>
>>84032163
The movie is shit but this is unnecessary, DCAU included the line too. It's nothing new.
>>
>>84032341
It's already not epic because of how predictable it is and how it's going to be structured. Batman is effectively the leader; Bruce and Diana are the only people to spend any time with Superman and that was what, ten, fifteen minutes? Why would anyone listen to him? Why would they rally behind him?

Hell, why would anyone follow somebody who's major claim is dying? I wanna follow a leader that LIVES. Otherwise next time I might be the one that has to "heroically sacrifice" myself.
>>
>they actually planned Rebirth to go along with the movies too
>we get Billy Crudup's Manhattan talking with Goode's Ozy in a flashback while he disintegrates something at the end of Justice League
I'd actually respect something like that
>>
>>84032495
But as far as the general public in-universe knows, Superman's major claim is not dying! It's playing a part on the leveling of a metropolitan area and causing a terrorist to blow up the US Congress. Are you filled with hope yet?
>>
File: 1358726837855.jpg (35 KB, 667x670) Image search: [Google]
1358726837855.jpg
35 KB, 667x670
>>84032297

superman is a powerful character that makes other characters look useless, every other studio has been avoiding those by either nerfing them (Thor, Hulk) or completaly writing them out (both Quicksilver), the most blatant case were Scarlett Witch and Vision during civil war, Vision was literally floating around doing nothing and Scarlett didn't use her mind controlling powers even once.

We got an all powerfull superman closest to canon but you hardly can use him all the time when he can destroy a whole army of parademons in seconds.
>>
>>84032495
I think its going to be one of those things where Bruce lets Clark take the lead because he had an issue before with restraint. Idk. It might be another Stark/Cap dynamic.
>>84032637
Oh I know it isnt an easy situation, and I get it, its just one of those things where its weird to have Superman of all characters be largely absent from a Justice League movie.
>>
>>84032087
Oh shit, really?

Guess that fixes everything!
>>
File: cross-001.png (36 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
cross-001.png
36 KB, 900x900
>>84032495
>Hell, why would anyone follow somebody who's major claim is dying?

You already know the answer to this.
>>
>>84032748
>last time you inspired anyone was when you died, Clark
>>
>>84032341
Reminds me of that angels arc from Morrison's JLA, where electric blue superman makes it to the fight at the end to dish it out.
>>
I think the worst possible thing they could do in Justice League is have Stepphenwolf revive Superman and try to use him as a weapon only for the League to snap him out of it.
>>
>>84032087
>Snyder is a self referential hack
Who'd have thought.
>>
>>84032616
>It's playing a part on the leveling of a metropolitan area and causing a terrorist to blow up the US Congress. Are you filled with hope yet?
But the Extended edition his name
>>
>>84032929
*clears his name
>>
>>84032341
>Implying he won't be a mind control dummy who goes up against JL
You really think Hack Snyder would not use such an obvious setup to shit on Superman even more?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.