[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rainbow Quartz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8
File: PicsArt_1434653159407.jpg (339 KB, 1080x573) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_1434653159407.jpg
339 KB, 1080x573
Alright, can we please take a moment to discuss Rainbow Quartz, and what her relationship and opinions on the CG's and Greg are? Even if it's just speculation.

I'm asking this because I think she would have a very strange relationship with Greg, considering Rainbow Quartz is made up of Pearl, who essentially hates Greg with a passion, and Rose Quartz, who essentially loves Greg with a passion. But Rainbow is also a separate entity with her own personality, just like Opal, Sugilite, and Sardonyx. From the few seconds we have with Rainbow we can tell a lot about her; she is confident, cocky and proud, and self-loving (similar to Garnet) and this is just an assumption, but Rainbow is probably deadly intelligent, considering who she's made of.

But my question is this: What do you guys actually think she is like? Whats her personality? Does she get along with the rest of the Crystal Gems? And lastly, what are her thoughs and feelings towards Greg?
>>
>>84023495
>her thoughs and feelings towards Greg

She loves him more than Pearl's petty hate could ever do to her mind. Pearl is just the bad side that everyone has but can keep under control.

At worst. She liked to fuck him roughly and there was nothing that pathetic wimp of Pearl could do.
>>
>>84023495
Who the fuck thought those eyes looked good?
>>
File: 1463446514415.png (367 KB, 1044x956) Image search: [Google]
1463446514415.png
367 KB, 1044x956
>>84023495
> And lastly, what are her thoughs and feelings towards Greg?
Rainbow Quartz pity/hate fucks Greg on his birthday.
>>
>>84023630
The designers of this very hard to look at show.
>>
File: UlUv0om.png (531 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
UlUv0om.png
531 KB, 900x900
>>84023671
>Rainbow Quartz pity/hate fucks Greg on his birthday.

So the rest of the year, she sleeps with John Redcorn?
>>
>Does she get along with the rest of the Crystal Gems?
Her relationship with Amy would be rough, she would see her as some sort of semi-lovable runt. She gets along fantastic with Garnett though.

>And lastly, what are her thoughs and feelings towards Greg?
On the surface she acts as if she's above him, she teases and insults him, acting like he should be lucky just being her presence. She's very aloof and arrogant towards Greg. But deep down she's crazy for him, not in the nice way but the yandere way. For talking full-on batshit psycho here. If anyone were to seriously threaten Greg she would redecorate the temple with their blood and guts, then hold and cuddle the terrorized Greg, lightly giggling and lovingly teasing him until she un-fuses because of how unstable she is. Leaving a scared Greg and a Rose and Pearl who are not sure of what just happened.
>>
I'd extrapolate based on known fusions, but there doesn't appear to be any consistency.

You have really bad fusions like Malachite, which is basically a schizo kaiju, then you have your Garnets, with a single personality that's a perfect blend. Then there's Sugilite which is like the worst parts of either fuser, Sardonyx who takes her components' more understated traits and bases her whole personality on them, and then Opal, who actually seems pretty chill despite her components.

You could argue really any personality for Rainbow Quartz. She seems kind of showy like Sardonyx, and possibly Rose's pleasantness drowns out Pearls bitterness, but she could be bitch for all I know. Not enough info.
>>
>>84023495
The ultimate tsundere
>>
>>84023745
The fusion dances make me feel like I shouldn't be watching, like I'm a creep for accidentally looking at lesbians making out in an extremely David-Bowie-in-goblin-king-pants homoerotic manner.
>>
File: Pearl36.png (2 MB, 1000x8000) Image search: [Google]
Pearl36.png
2 MB, 1000x8000
>>84023495
Rainbow Quartz is gone forever.
>>
File: Rose Quartz Clutch.png (197 KB, 264x696) Image search: [Google]
Rose Quartz Clutch.png
197 KB, 264x696
>>84024522
>when Pearl is full of despair she clutches where the Rose Quartz gem would be if she were fused
>>
File: Pearl x Rose04.jpg (315 KB, 2208x1242) Image search: [Google]
Pearl x Rose04.jpg
315 KB, 2208x1242
>>84024472
Too hot for England.
>>
>>84023495
obviously a super fucking tease

flashes him and shit

laughs at his boner

>hate

pearl doesn't hate greg

she's just salty and jealous
>>
File: Crystal Gems24.jpg (56 KB, 279x743) Image search: [Google]
Crystal Gems24.jpg
56 KB, 279x743
>>84024753
>>
Pearl never hated Greg until Rose was dick-murdered. She was probably mostly dismissive and very jealous. Annoyed that Rose paid attention to anyone but Pearl.

Similarly, at least at the point in time where we saw Rainbow Quartz, Rose didn't love Greg. She was fascinated by him, as she was fascinated by humans in general. It's clear by the end of the episode she never really understood what loving a human was like, probably because she looked down on them, like we look down on a pet. They're good company, and loyal, and loving, but in the end... they're a stupid animal.

Rose and Pearl probably didn't fuse after the point it was clear that Rose was gonna fugg Greg. Fusion is too intimate. Pearl would have known and probably gone off the deep end.
>>
>>84024165
When understanding a fusion's personality, you've got to remember that they aren't exactly individuals. A fusion is an activity as much as they are a person, so everything they do is something that their two components are doing together. Most of the apparent inconsistencies make sense from that perspective.
>>
>>84026197
Considering how long gems live, Pearl's whole world must have fallen apart in the blink of an eye.
>>
shut up brad
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-06-24-20h38m10s119.png (620 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-06-24-20h38m10s119.png
620 KB, 1920x1080
>>84023630
why do RQs eyse look so fucked up but Mally's seem to be so much easier to look at?
>>
>>84026523
to emphasize how differently Pearl and Rose see things
>>
>>84026536
Opal's arms could mean Amethyst and Pearl see things the same, but react differently.
Rainbow Quartz react the same to what they see differently. Arms could symbolize action and eyes could be purpose.
>>
>>84023495
Fusions only become a complete entity when each gem is okay with what's happening.
But when something happens that any one of the gem hate/don't want/disagree on, they just unfuse.
If Rose tried to make Rainbow Quartz horny about Greg, or try to kiss him or whatever, Pearl would just unfuse.
>>
>>84026901
not neccessarily. fusions are just metaphors for relationships. we saw with Malachite that fusions can be unhealthy, domineering, and based on violent actions.
>>
>>84024753
i dont think she would hate greg, considering she is fused with rose she already has her all for herself, she probably wouldnt mind sharing if she knows that she is already with rose in a much deeper way than greg would ever be and that greg wouldnt last long anyway
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.