[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: Patsy Walker.jpg (318 KB, 900x1391) Image search: [Google]
Patsy Walker.jpg
318 KB, 900x1391
What are your thoughts on Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat?
>>
Comfy and fun read.
>>
It's not as bad as people make it out to be.
It's just completely bland.
Leth is trying to write a slice-of-life manga set in the Marvel universe, but it's devoid of charm.

I am happy and surprised that Patsy's friendship with Valkyrie was remembered, though.
>>
Just what the hell is with the art in the lastest issue? It looks like that Bee and Puppycat pilot.
>>
Fun little slice of life, has some nice continuity stuff
>>
>>84022615
I keep waiting for something interesting to happen but so far nothing, I like it, but it's like expecting shonen and getting SoL instead.
>>
>under 12k as of #6
Christ
Hopefully they don't support it for brownie points like KSD's Captain Marvel.
>>
>>84022814
I wonder if it will do better in trades.
>>
>>84022615
Tried a few issues, it bored me.
Couldn't read very far into the one with the tumblr art.
>>
>>84022640
>comfy and fun

so nothing worth while.
>>
>>84022615
> punch a misogynist but let a mugger get off scott free because he's quirky and knows pop culture
> despite being a freelancer outright ignore her job and go out and eat with friends after going out early to fight villains
> not kicking ass and taking names like her old comic

yeah it get cutesy, but it's soulless.
>>
>>84022615
Boring.
>>
>>84022615
>inb4 Kate Leth is the female Frank Miller
>>
It's absolutely dreadful, and Kate Leth can't be shamed out of the industry for her lack of talent, fast enough.
>>
>>84024729
>sub ever being shamed
>>
>>84022615
Bland and boring with a side of cringe
>>
>>84022768
It was literally the Bee and Puppycat artist

Only it looked like the new designs so the Korean sweatshop would animate it and not the old designs for some fucking reason
>>
>>84022615
I like the art
And bringing back some of her supporting cast from her old romance comic days like Hedy is neat
Upcoming issues are bringing back Hellstrom and Mad Dog into her life, so that should be worth a laugh or two
There's a lot of continuity being used really

It's just not worth taking seriously
>>
Kate should have went down the street instead of across the hill.I'm completely serious.
>>
>>84022615
Who has the pic? You know the one I'm talking about.
>>
>>84025893
>I'm completely serious.
I believe you
>>
>>84022640
>Comfy
I hope you choke on your chamille tea, faggot. Go hug your teddy bear if you're going to be this kind of childish pussy.
>>
I would consider it for an easily triggered 5 year old, if there weren't better books. Even fucking Lumberjanes handled plot better than this book.
>>
Huh. From how much /co/ seemed to hate it, I thought it was the second coming of Satan or something.
But it's just bland and boring? There's a shitton of bland and boring books. Why is this one notable, other than that it's about a woman and by a woman?
Hell, the fact that it's "quirky comedy" makes it easier to disregard as far as canon goes than most bland and boring books.
>>
File: MarvelThanos1.jpg (97 KB, 538x799) Image search: [Google]
MarvelThanos1.jpg
97 KB, 538x799
>>84022615
She's seen better days
>>
>>84025991
Because it makes all the previous female hero's out to be meaningless
>>
>>84025991
Kate leth is very high profile, and shits on neckbeards constantly.

But what's the worst that a shitty book can do in the first place? It's not even first tier horrible like Ultimatum or Marville or the Unfunnies. I'd put it in second teir storytme of pain territory at the worst.
>>
>>84022741

Bingo.

I'm amazed the Marvel editors looked at the popularity of the Patsy story in Jessica Jones and decided to greenlight this book.
It'd be like DC going "Gotham is popular, call up Yale Stewart"
>>
File: thanos_copter.jpg (83 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
thanos_copter.jpg
83 KB, 500x375
>>84026029
Should all modern capeshit be blatantly marketed towards young children? They seem to have a lot more fun that way.
>>
It's another one of those damn "character who should be 30-40 is now a quirky early-20-something quirking their way through a quirky life" books that seem to be saturating the market lately.
>>
>>84026029

>alliteration
>Thanos making stupid puns

Jesus lord how did comics survive this long?
>>
>>84027278
I just love that tumblrina writers and artists always manage to pull this kind of shit on female characters who should be way too old or been through too many maturing experiences to still be behaving this way. It's like some form of autism that causes them to only be able to write one character archetype.
>>
>>84026029
I'm like 99% sure that's Tigra from before she got turned into a cat person
>>
File: 1458637701946.jpg (107 KB, 397x599) Image search: [Google]
1458637701946.jpg
107 KB, 397x599
>>84028190

It is. Patsy was always a redhead, but Greer used to have black hair.
>>
>>84028178
It's not autism, it's laziness. Being a good writer is hard.
>>
File: Hellcat_Portrait_Art.png (410 KB, 696x688) Image search: [Google]
Hellcat_Portrait_Art.png
410 KB, 696x688
It's so weird because Hellcat used to be in pretty dark supernatural stories and her final 90's story was her killing herself after despairing when she realized how evil Hellstrom had become. And she's now gone from that to just bouncing around in a webcomic-esque feelgood title where nothing is serious.

It's such a huge contrast, almost like the one between the original Jessica Drew and the one they have currently.
>>
>>84028623
Eh, it's not that jarring if you've read Marvel Divas, which is basically halfway between then and now couched in a Sex and the City send-up
>>
>>84028691
Even Immonen's Hellcat's mini was a whole lot of incoherent ridiculousness
>>
>>84022615
One of the better new designs of the tumblr era. I've never read the comic but she looks great.
>>
>>84029010
>I've never read the comic
Your lucky keep it that way
>>
>>84022615
I am decidedly not the target market for it, but even putting aside it being utterly banal and boring, the art is simply unforgivable.
>>
>>84028257
>>84028623

...why the hell does her boots have toes? They never had those otherwise. It looks bizarre
>>
>>84029080
Feet claws
>>
>>84029119

But boots with toes on them? Seriously?
>>
>>84029080
I think they're sexy
>>
Didn't the character start off in some romance-comedy or something? I don't really see the problem with throwing the character back into non-combat situations. That said, there's no way to defend the comic from its obvious shortcomings.
>>
>>84029119

Why not go barefoot? it's easier and more practical
>>
Starts shit, goes downhill rapidly into one of the worst things i've read by issue 7
>>
I wish they'd change her design
The yellow and blue just does not look good anymore
>>
>>84029230
Yeah, Patsy Walker was an archie-esque comic. I honestly have no idea when or how she got powers
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.