[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10
After having not read Injustice in some years I decided to get caught up on it in light of the new game being announced. I was surprised that I enjoyed most of it but going through it made me curious, why is this franchise popular? Most people it seems are pissed off by Supes being a gloomy asshole in the DCEU movies but Injustice seems to do fine despite having a Superman who is just flat out evil. Why is this? Is it just because it's a game tie-in or does it's inherent over the top nature as an Elseworlds story make people more accepting of it?

Also I'm very curious as to where the comic will go once year five ends and it finally catches up to the story of the first game. Will they just end it there or continue and adapt the stories of the games?
>>
>>84014006

Because it's HILARIOUS, at least until Taylor leaves.

Taylor really knew how to keep a weekly going.

Those fucking cliffhangers.

Those high-impact climaxes.

Those naaarghs.
>>
File: Injustice Issue Four 21.jpg (585 KB, 1405x1077) Image search: [Google]
Injustice Issue Four 21.jpg
585 KB, 1405x1077
>>84014198
Well you can't deny that.
>>
Because the writers of Injustice don't pretend that Superman is still the good guy. Because they don't pretend they're writing Shakespeare instead of a comic book. Because they know how to make everything just shocking enough that its funny instead of rage inducing.
>>
>>84014251

I like what Taylor said about his version of Wonder Woman.

Paraphrasing, it was something like "I read the game's script and there was no way to reconcile the cold, alien Wonder Woman with the Wonder Woman we know so I just wrote her as Lady Macbeth".

Booch screwed the pooch by writing Diana as the MODERATE member of the Regime council and Barry in open rebellion before the events of the game's story.
>>
>>84014198
I think part of the problem after Taylor's departure may be the new writer being instructed not to kill off or destroy too much so as not to interfere with stuff they may want to do in the new game. It's just kind of spinning it's wheels until we find out what the second game is all about.
>>
Like many anons have said it's because is fun and doesn't it take itself seriously. You can tell Taylor was having fun with it, like he was thinking: "Now in what shit-ass situation should I put these characters on?..I know let John be Keikaku'd by Sinestro". and Boom you have it
>>
Where was this week's issue?
>>
>>84014432
In a "No Batwoman in Injustice 2 - No Buy" thread
>>
>>84014415
>So I had Superman punch the Joker in the first volume
>then Kalibak
>then had him get headbutted by Alfred
>how do I top that?

And then he had him punch Mogo and Ganthet into the fucking sun.

Another thing about Taylor's Injustice run is that it's plotted pretty tightly. Like that anon says, Booch is kind of just spinning wheels. But in Taylor's Injustice run, shit happens at a breakneck pace and things lead into each other with a fury and energy that can't really be topped. It's 0 to retarded/hilarious/horrifying in 0.6 seconds.

Also he's got mad bantz
>>
>>84014448
Shit! I kept ignoring those
>>
>>84014448
That's bullshit.
>>
>>84014274
Yep. Wonder Woman (Of Murder) goes from attacking J'onn, one of the founding members of the JL and just overall well liked dude, when he was just trying to let Supes see a different perspective going against Supes in his decision to involve the greek gods and Sinestro.
>>84014415
Pretty much this. Superman had numerous opportunities to turn off the path of 'God-King Superman of Murder' but some random bullshit always popped up and pushed him further down the line to the point where it became funny to see how far he'd fallen, why, and the shit he'd do.

A major mistake was the Teen Titans issue where it showed Clark killing Kon'El without issue in year one then banishing the entire Titan team to the phantom zone.
>>
>>84014522

Yeah, Year One Clark would have had some major fucking qualms about that.

Shattering Conner's body as a bid to get the Titans off his back and pretending it was all just a jape, friend, just a jape is too cold and calculating for Year 1 Supes - it's something pre mad genocide rampage Year 5 Supes would do.
>>
>>84014274
>>84014522
Don't forget when she didn't tell Arthur apology to Clark
>>
>>84014582
>>
>>84014604
>>
It's also worth noting that the (pre-Buccellato) Injustice storytime threads were some of the most fun storytime threads I've ever seen. The only one that topped them was that one legendary Punisher MAX v2 storytime a couple years prior.
>>
>Tfw Shazzy is dead
>No awkward teen Billy/Harley banter in I2

Damn you Superman
>>
File: BUTLERMANIA 2013!.jpg (1 MB, 5000x1880) Image search: [Google]
BUTLERMANIA 2013!.jpg
1 MB, 5000x1880
>>84014628
So good
>>
>>84014636
>Implying they won't do the multiverse idea again
>>
File: 1296376178707.jpg (133 KB, 650x500) Image search: [Google]
1296376178707.jpg
133 KB, 650x500
>>84014651
This. So much this. How can anyone still be a superman fan after this is beyond me. Team Bat all the way.
>>
Was Year 3 or Year 4 the magic year?
>>
>>84014912
Year 3. Year 4 was the Gods Year
>>
This week's storytime
>>>84014739
>>
>>84014833
And now Alfred's dead
>>
Speaking of the second game I do hope they go with a Brother Eye story as some people have theorized based on the menu design and trailers. It would make a lot of sense for Batman to have to do it following the power vacuum Superman's defeat must have caused.
>>
File: Kara VS Soranik.jpg (696 KB, 900x665) Image search: [Google]
Kara VS Soranik.jpg
696 KB, 900x665
Who the hell will the Green Lantern be in the second game? John, Guy, Kyle, Killowog and most of the other GLs are dead and Hal is in prison. Are Alan, Simon and Jessica the only viable candidates left? Or will they go for an out of left field choice like Soranik or Arisia?
>>
>>84015067

What I'm wondering is how the fuck Supergirl gets involved. She's in all the promos, so she's probably a major character, and her prefight dialogue with Bats has him going "I'm not Clark's enemy".

There's some crazy shit going on here. Earth-V Supes and Bats are probably going to end up teaming up.

What if she's from another dimension too and is just all "Hey there's a Superman here WHY ARE YOU GUYS PUNCHING HIM HE'S SUPERMAN ARE YOU HIGH."
>>
>>84015177
She might have just been off Earth for the events of the game, though five years is a bit much. Maybe this is the first time Kara has shown up in the world of Injustice?
>>
>>84015303

Offworld during the Bad Years is the most likely non multivarse explanation. It would also put her at around 21-ish
>>
>>84015165
Can't they just reuse the multiverse idea? That's how they got all the characters in the first time.
>>
>>84015448

fuck off with this shit, you probably thing AGENTS OF SHIELD is canon too
>>
>>84015448

Speaking of multiverses, they should have slapped Bad Clark in a prison dimension somewhere in the ass end of the multiverse rather than leaving someone so dangerous it takes another Superman to beat him on Earth. You know, like the Phantom Zone. And then all the dudes he put in there jump him, and he basically has to fight for eternity because no one dies in the Phantom Zone.

>I am KAL EL.
>I AM NOBODY'S BITCH.
>>
>>84015540
Well according to Zod's arcade ending if you're in the Phantom Zone long enough you can learn to escape and you get special Phantom Zone powers, so they'd only be making him stronger.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.