[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has she stepped out of the old Thor's shadow and have you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1443030247977.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1443030247977.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
Has she stepped out of the old Thor's shadow and have you accepted her as a hero in her own right yet
>>
no cause she's still calling herself Thor

call me when she comes up with her own identity

I suggest Thunderthighs
>>
I have no problem with her. Everyone knows that it is only temporary, and anyway, Thor (the real one) has already found an alternative hammer, while he's waiting for the return to the status quo.
>>
>>84012169
She's boring as fuck so no.
>>
No, the fact that she is a placeholder and people want to know where Thor is, is an ongoing plot point. Which doesn't really help the character establish their place in the scheme of things.
>>
>>84012169
That will never happen.
>>
The symbol on her helmet looks like a "W."

"W" for WHOR.
>>
>>84012253
>it's fine when DC does it tho
>>
>>84012271
Old Thor was pretty boring too
>>
>>84012255
>>84012285
Did you feel the same with about Dick Batman or Bart Flash
>>
>>84012169
No, she's still lame and I find her book is boring.
>>
>>84012297
At least DC has the decency to kill the character they're replacing
>>
>>84012297
you started this whole thread just so you could post that didn't you
>>
>>84012458
1)They had previously established heroic identities and character at that point, that better defined their heroic identity/role
2)There was no bullshit mystery about who they were leading up to it, that blocked a lot of early establishment of her identity
3)Because of point 1 and 2, the writers were better able to establish a stronger voice for the character in that role, that for me feels lacking in Worthy Thor here.
4)A woman named Thor is about as odd as man called Diana.
>>
>>84012169
No, she's done nothing that Thor couldn't or hasn't done and thats the only reason to pass on the mantle. Shes just a less interesting Thor.
>>
File: NXM-147-08.png (95 KB, 187x224) Image search: [Google]
NXM-147-08.png
95 KB, 187x224
>>84012169
I'm a big Thorfag and accepted her from the start.
I'm not buying the comic, of course. And God of Thunder was better. But I don't see the point in getting mad over it. Thor Odinson will be back in the role before the end of next year, and a few hilariously unsubtle lines about feminism aside she's doing generic inoffensive superhero stuff. Power to her, cancer suffers need a hero too, yadda yadda yadda.
Slightly sad that Thor was considered expendable enough to pull this with but hey so were Cap and Hulk and Wolverine and fucking Spidey, nobody's exempt. Except Iron Man. Yeah, that's probably the biggest offense; fuck Iron Man. He doesn't even have any more solo movies, nigga's the LAST cape who should be getting preferential treatment.
>>
>>84012334
I'm gonna skip the smug reaction image phase and tell you straight-up you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>84012458
Dick and Bart were proper done legacy characters after the original died or was killed in a crisis living up to being a hero.
They also were able to be better written and had a stronger role tying them to their legacy due to it.
Wally even fits in here too, after CoIE.

Whor came about when Nick Fury said something that randomly made Thor unworthy, randomly got to the moon with Cancer, picked up the hammer and then stole Thor's identity.
It also didn't help they did the whole mystery identity thing, which prevented alot of characterization that could have turned people's opinions around on her.
It also didn't help that it was pushed heavily as "OMG FEMALE THOR LOLOLOLZ!!!1!" on all these feminist shows and news sites, and then the exact moment her first issue came out, confirmed her to be the kind of pandering drivel people expected from the stunt.

Remember, when you shit in the well, it poisons it for years to come.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.