[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sony Wants A Shared SPIDER-MAN Universe But Current Creative
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: 21324353345436.jpg (24 KB, 640x396) Image search: [Google]
21324353345436.jpg
24 KB, 640x396
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/sony-still-wants-a-shared-spider-man-universe-but-current-creative-a142856

>Since you teamed with Marvel, do you plan to make a whole Spider-Man universe? Do you have plans for more work with Marvel?

Yes to both those questions. It’s been fantastic, our relationship with Marvel.

>Who has greenlight authority?

Sony has the ultimate authority. But we have deferred the creative lead to Marvel, because they know what they’re doing. We start shooting the new Spider-Manin Atlanta [in mid-June].

>Do you want to trim the costs of that franchise?

I don’t want to trim costs. I want to make money. And sometimes you make money by trimming costs and sometimes by investing in things that are profitable. A movie like Spider-Man by Marvel, that’s not inexpensive. But it’s a great investment. Knowing that Marvel has such a clear, creative vision, I sleep very well at night.

How can one company become this cucked?
>>
>>84011304
>How can one company become this cucked?

Because the last two times they tried to do it were absolute shit, and it's the only way they can still make a significant off of it?
>>
>>84011304
Please get out of here with your meaningless buzzword.
>>
>>84011304

There isn't anything wrong with hiring someone else to do a thing for you because they are better than you at it.

If you go to a dentist to get a root canal, are you a cuck because you didn't do it yourself?
>>
>>84011304
>I don’t want to trim costs. I want to make money

i laughed out loud
>>
>>84011304
>Sony wants to cash in on the recent shared universe craze
Not with the Spider-Man movies they've been putting out, they won't. Marvel Studios currently knows what it's doing, knows what the fans want, and most importantly knows how to make good movies. Sony has no clue on all points, so it's probably best if they just shut up, sit down, and collect their royalty paychecks so the good people can do their jobs.
>>
>>84011304
Who is truly being cucked? Sony has found a way to make Marvel do all the work for something that is theirs, but still get a large chunk of the profits.
>>
HEADLINE:

VENOM MOVIE

R RATED JUST LIKE DEADPOOL

150 MILLION OPENING WEEKEND

WE GET A HOT YOUNG CANADIAN KID AND PUT HIM ALL IN CGI
>>
I guess we'll never know if that Spider-Man movie featuring Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire would've grossed 2 billion dollars.
>>
File: Spider-fail.png (398 KB, 400x473) Image search: [Google]
Spider-fail.png
398 KB, 400x473
>>84011304

Marvel was foolish for ever thinking they could trust Sony to play ball with them.

Sony will find a way to fuck this up.
>>
>>84011526
Yes, never rely on others otherwise you are a cuck
>>
File: 150teeth.jpg (9 KB, 150x195) Image search: [Google]
150teeth.jpg
9 KB, 150x195
>>84011526
But sony isn't a regular joe, they are dentists themselves based on your retarded analogy.
>>
>>84013279
>Sony will find a way to fuck this up.

MarvelDisney already did that, the new Spider-Man is one hundred percent fucked and has nothing to do with anything Spider-Man
>>
>>84013672
And whose fault is that? Sony in just five movies burned through most of Spidey's extended cast and major villains in shitty adaptations of some of his most well known stories. You think Marvel Studios would be going with all these random black people as Pete's buddies if Sony hadn't just fucked up with Gwen, Harry and Norman yet again? Audiences are tired of reboots so they have to tread lightly with how they do this and immediately bringing in all the old characters right away may turn people off and be seen as just the same shit with a fresh coat of paint.
>>
>>84013672
t. Time traveller
>>
>>84013839
>You think Marvel Studios would be going with all these random black people as Pete's buddies if Sony hadn't just fucked up with Gwen, Harry and Norman yet again?
Yeah....
Sony never did that, but Marvel did, so they are the ones to blame

>hurrr they respect the art of film to much to use the same BORING OLD CHARACTERS WE NEVER WANNA SEE AGAIN ANYWAY, IN FACT, IM GLAD MARVEL IS CHANGING EVERYTHING LOL THANKS DISNEY LOVE YA

Fucking MCUcks are the worst people on this board
>>
>>84013177
>a large chunk of the profits.
They get all the profit from solo spider-man movies
>>
>>84014168
Sony could literally remake the last 2 Spiderman flicks, but under the MCU hype train, & get 500 million opening launch/110% on RT. All Sony did was just pay to be a MCU flick.
>>
File: scoop.jpg (123 KB, 1300x506) Image search: [Google]
scoop.jpg
123 KB, 1300x506
>>84013839
>>84014117
>>84013672
Why is everyone, wether with a positive or negative reaction, acting like Spidey's supporting cast being full of minority OCs is a given and that we'll never see the likes of Harry, Gwen or MJ again?

>They're only casting niggers!
No, it's /co/ (or to be more precise, /tv/) that's only focusing on the minority castings for shitposting purposes, they're trying to make it an actual meme now down there, pic related

I mean, i get the worries, i'm kinda confused myself, but wait at least for official announcements instead of already calling the thing doomed
>>
>>84013177
I don't think you understand how much money Spider-Man makes in merchandise
>>
>>84011304
All Spidey movies suck Sony
Fuck off and make more PS4s
>>
>>84014400
But console gaming sucks too
>>
>>84014556
Fuck off /v/.
>>
>>84014400
>Fuck off and make more PS4s

So, they should continue making movies?
>>
>>84014400
How come Sony can make such good electronics but when it comes to movies they're arguably the worst?
>>
>>84014577
Enjoy your overpriced babies toy
>>
>>84014117
Go back to /v/ if you're going to try to start some underaged tier brand wars bullshit.
>>
>>84014802
>Go back to /v/ if you're going to try to start some underaged tier brand wars bullshit.

Says the guy who ballwashes literally everything MCU labelled

Hate brand wars? Stop being a blind brand loyalist damage controlling anytime someone criticizes a specific brand, you're the reason company wars exist you numb fuck skull
>>
>>84011526
What an awful example.
>>
Can we have one of those Hype Train pictures, except it's being an atom bomb dropping with all the cast and stuff, and Korrath's "Who?" face over the OC's.
>>
>>84013432
Doing your own dental work (at least, beyond easy crap like brushing, flossing, or cleaning dentures) is a really bad idea, regardless of your qualifications. But yeah, you're right, the dentist analogy doesn't really work.
>>
>>84014751
PC Master Race Reporting in
>>
>>84016497
Second.
>>
>>84013432
They're really shitty dentists though.
>>
>>84011304
>How can one company become this cucked?

Because they couldn't get their shit together. Kevin Feige came along and literally and figuratively fucked them out of Spidey. Dude boned the chick Sony exec and spun his master web.
>>
>>84016497
>>84016554
Third
>>
>sony is awful
>they never had blabbering Spider Twink

Disney is crap and will never ever come close to Raimi's Spiderman
>>
>>84018439
I hate Raimi's Spider-Man and you Raimifags, but it's looking to me thus far that MCU Spidey will be awful for entirely other reasons...

If this movie is as much of a POS as I assume it's gonna be you fucktards may be an uneasy ally
>>
>>84018770
>it's looking to me thus far that MCU Spidey will be awful for entirely other reasons...
I haven't been paying attention, what's wrong with it?
>>
>>84019451
>Daddy Stark origin to the big leagues
>Starktech suit
>Solo film's cast is being filled up with OCs to replace characters from you know....the comics
>>
>>84019631
>mcu not like the comics
No shit. What's wrong about any of those aside from "not muh comics"? What makes those signs of a bad movie being made?
>>
File: tom-rothman-sony.jpg (201 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
tom-rothman-sony.jpg
201 KB, 670x377
Reminder that this is the guy in charge of Sony right now.
>>
>>84013672
This, the coffe bean era Spidey stuff is the perfect material for a Spidey movie even jumping over the Gwen stuff.

Marvel is going to fuck this up somehow.
>>
Yeah, but I could see these plans falling through into development hell. Disney's creative control could cockblock future projects if they dont "fit" with their vision. Which in fairness could be a good thing. At best I see an Agent Venom movie.
>>
>>84019631
Yeah Tony being involved with Peter and being a father figure to Peter rubs me the wrong way.
>>
>>84019773

he got that JUST hair boooiiiii
>>
>>84019713
>What makes those signs of a bad movie being made?

It's not about Spider-Man.
>>
>>84019631
>Starktech suit
Oh fuck off with that. Big deal, Tony made him a suit, if I remember correctly Peter being a shit seamstress is canon. If Stark created the web shooter, then we would have a problem. And can you blame them waiting to do Mary Jane (who might be a thing again sooner than you think) and Harry? We're probably getting Liz.
>>
>>84019880
I'm pretty sure it's about Spider-Man anon.
>>
How is the supporting cast so large? It feels bigger than even Civil War. What's the story suppose to be?

High School? Sony knows Millennials are Spidey's primary audience and I'm pretty sure they're in College/Post-College right now.
>>
This really feels like a battle between Marvel making the MCU and Sony wanting a Spider-Man film a year. They're probably gonna fast track a Venom film to alternate between him and Spidey.
>>
>>84020075
Well to be fair, we dont know half of these castings. Most of the ones we've heard recently could be random ass "who?" characters that mean jack to the plot. Like "hey you want to be in the new Spider Man? Cool." Hell I forget that Smythe was in AMS2. Also there was a script "leak" awhile back that didnt sound too bad
>>
>>84014695
I kek'd
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.