[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay this has officially ceased making any sense and has entered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9
File: RCO039.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
RCO039.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
Okay this has officially ceased making any sense and has entered the realm of shit. Why the fuck are there so many people showing up to this Joker carnival when he killed a roomful of people on live tv days earlier. What the fuck is even supposed to be going on in this fucking story.

Im currently still reading so expect a lot more posts like this
>>
File: RCO047.jpg (811 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
RCO047.jpg
811 KB, 1988x3056
Like this bit right here. The bandaged up guy is Harvey Dent right? And he falls here and dies super fucking hard if I'm to understand (Because Frank Miller does not properly depict what is actually happening with his "illustrations"). But 2 pages later him and Bats half a long conversation. So was he dead or not? Was the bandaged guy Harvery Dent or just a disguised henchmen?
>>
>>84006551
>>84006691
I like how both your complaints are because you're wrong and lack reading comprehension.
>>
>>84006737
yet no explanation of why im wrong. One of us is putting effort into his posting and someone isnt.

Also people start freaking out when the Joker starts shooting, so they definitely didn't know that this guy who looked exactly like The Joker was the Joker. Which makes no fucking sense if the carnival is in Gotham City. In actuality it is poor writing and Miller being a hack
>>
>>84006691
What are you talking about, he clearly saves him , are you seriously thinking he's talking about Harvey being dead from falling?
>>
File: RCO048.jpg (856 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
RCO048.jpg
856 KB, 1988x3056
>>84007121
Heres the chain of events from my interpretation of Miller's hieroglyphics.

1. Guy in bandages (Dent?) falls, dies, batman grabs him and swings thru a building
2 Next page is this mess, where Batman beats the bandages off this guy who was literally called a corpse the last page.
>next page is him talking to a still living Harvey Dent.

So either A, the bandaged guy was Dent and this makes no sense
Or B. The bandaged guy was a mook disguised and Dent and Dent was already sitting in the building Batman crashes into, Which makes no sense.

Also cute how there isn't one single post explaining how im wrong, just "youre wrong cuz I say so lel"
>>
>>84007260
is this bait?

he didn't die, Batman describes what would happen to a body falling and hitting the ground and how he can't allow that to happen because he needs to know if that's Harvey or not
>>
>>84007260
You are very bad at reading comprehension, he is describing what would happen if he fell and how it would he impossible to know of he was the real Harvey if he did. For God's sake he even says "I have to know" meaning he wants to prevent him from falling.
>>
Jesus Christ
>>
>>84007301
ohhhhhh

So what I see happening. I thought that thing he lands on, looks like it could be a gargoyle since this is Gotham, killed him since he fell on it from so high up and the text is talking about it.

So it actually is a flaw of bad, vague writing mixed with awful awful awful illustrations.

What about The Joker carnival? How does that make any sense.
>>
>>84006551
You're an idiot. That isn't "Joker's Carnival," it's a carnival that The Joker ran into.
>>
>>84007301
>>84007315
Right but what I saw happening is Dent falling from a great height and dying when he lands on something. not my fault the artist chose not to properly depict what was happening and instead just draw ink blobs.
>>
>>84007364
>So it actually is a flaw of bad, vague writing mixed with awful awful awful illustrations.
If literally everyone else had no problem understanding, it's not the writer's fault, you're just stupid. Maybe Lobdell would be a better fit for you; he explains everything that's going on in narration boxes.
>>
>>84007386
Is it in Gotham? If it is, it makes no sense how there are so many people there that don't know the Joker. Actually, it doesn't matter if it's in Gotham or not, EVERYONE should know who the Joker is in this world he literally killed a room full of people on national TV fucking days before this
>>
>>84007388
you saw batman catch him in mid-air and then in the next panel they both crash inside an office
>>
>>84007364
Good Lord just admit you're fucking wrong about it, he's talking about a damn fall from the top of the building to the cement of the sidewalk not from the spot where he was at currentlay, he even mentioned it taking one minute to take to hit the ground.
>>
>>84007421
Why would that stop them from going to a carnival? Didnt he literally fly from the TV station to the Carnival anyway? How would they know
>>
>>84007425
But the way it's drawn (more like blobbed onto the page with no regard for conveyance) it reads that way, ya know?

Also every negative post towards me in this thread is P funny considering they all ignore the fact that the art in Dark Knight Returns is objectively shitty and there's no way to argue otherwise without sounding like Rick Berman (stylistically designed to be that way, etc.)
>>
>>84007443
How would they know what? That it's the Joker? That it's one of the most infamous criminals to ever exist in this world? That it's the guy (getting real tired of reiterating this) WHO KILLED A ROOM FULL OF PEOPLE ON NATIONAL FUCKING TELEVISION.
>>
File: I think this might be bait.png (639 KB, 853x340) Image search: [Google]
I think this might be bait.png
639 KB, 853x340
>>84007466
Everyone except you knew what was going on mongo.
>hurr why are you defending the book anyway lel it's shit so what?
kill yourself
>>
>>84007481
Oh my god your lack of reading comprehension even extends to the posts in this thread. People didn't know the Joker would be at the carnival until he suddenly showed up and started killing people. They didn't take a trip to "Joker's Carnival."

You say that TDKR is terrible because it's incomprehensible, but the vast majority of people understood everything perfectly fine. Which do you think is more likely: Everyone but you shares the same delusion, or you're just too dim to get it?
>>
>>84007481
if he went straight from the studio to the carnival, the people at the carnival couldn't have seen him kill everyone in the studio
>>
>>84007492
worthless cringe reply go shit up another thread if you're not capable of writing an explanation proving me wrong. btw my arguement is that the art in DKR is objectively shit so good luck proving that wrong :^)
>>
>>84007481
>That it's the guy (getting real tired of reiterating this) WHO KILLED A ROOM FULL OF PEOPLE ON NATIONAL FUCKING TELEVISION.
Did he, or did he not go straight from the TV station the the carnival, because if he did the people where wouldnt have known.
>>
What a lovely day for shitposting
>>
File: not falling for it.png (165 KB, 183x409) Image search: [Google]
not falling for it.png
165 KB, 183x409
>>84007565
0/10
>>
File: RCO038.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
RCO038.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>84007555
Whoops looks like youre fucking wrong buddy. Here's the Joker interacting with a whole crowd of people at this carnival BEFORE he starts killing people. People who for SOME REASON (psst the reason is bad writing and general hackiness) don't recognize this world famous international supervillain who, you fucking guessed it, KILLED A ROOM FULL OF PEOPLE ON NATIONAL TV.

>>84007562

nope, horseshit, don't accept it. If that's the actual reason, then fuck this comic it's shit and im right
>>
>>84007606
>he saves bait images just to perpetuate a culture of total unwillingness for actual discussion on 4chan

>He wants threads full of one word replies and reaction images

cringe
>>
>>84007639
>children knowing who the Joker is after multiple years of him being out of the picture
>children seeing a man painted as a clown at a carnival and getting suspisious
>>
>>84007639
The reason is he's been in prison for 15 years
>>
>>84007639
Yes I'm sure that Cub Scout troop was watching the late night talk show just before this moment and knew what was going on.
>>
>>84007676
no explanation for the adults, and even then, you can't do a mass "they just didn't know" explanation for THIS MANY fucking people, it's just illogical.
>>
File: tingling.jpg (184 KB, 1034x790) Image search: [Google]
tingling.jpg
184 KB, 1034x790
>>84007660
>>
>>84007716
go away you're lame

>>84007678
But still highly publicized
>>
>>84007711
The adults couldn't see the Joker, he was in the cotton candy stand where only a crowd of kids could see him. Shortly after that pointthey drop dead from poisoning and he sees Batman show up. After that is when he goes on his shooting spree.

Does everything need to be spelled out for you? You already admitted you were dead wrong about the Dent thing, so we've established you aren't very perceptive.
>>
>>84007260
You're a moron
>>
>>84007752
>The adults couldn't see the Joker, he was in the cotton candy stand where only a crowd of kids could see him.

Sounds like a bullshit explanation, the adults "just didn't see him"? What about >>84006551

Also the I explained the Dent thing is straight up just poor conveyance due to vague writing mixed with awful blobs that are meant to pass for human beings and buildings. Not really anything can be done about that is there
>>
>>84007796
You're a super moron :^)))))))))))))
>>
>>84007813
>Also the I explained the Dent thing is straight up just poor conveyance due to vague writing mixed with awful blobs that are meant to pass for human beings and buildings.
EVERYONE EXCEPT FOR YOU COULD TELL WHAT WAS GOING ON
>>
>>84007840
...and? Still has bad art and bad writing
>>
>>84007421
I just re-read through DKR #3 to verify that nobody says Jokers been loose for "days", and I dunno where you got that from, man. It always seemed clear to me that everything from Joker's appearance on Letterman to their confrontation in the Tunnel of Love was meant to take place in one long night, which is what gives the story its race-against-time pacing and why Batman has to call the cops to stop the governor from killing himself - there's not enough time for him to deal with that AND stay on the Joker's trail. There's not a single panel between those events that's drawn in daylight, and even the talking newsheads don't mention a passage of time.

People at the carnival didn't see Joker on TV that night. And yes, we ARE meant to glean from their reactions that most don't recognize the Joker - but that's not simply for the sake of some plot hole, you idjit. The whole point is that the Joker has been FORGOTTEN - a relic who's been locked up in a catatonic state for a DECADE, and most of his victims were children presumably born after the fact. Most kids wouldn't think twice about accepting cotton candy from John Wayne Gacy either. Batman makes more of a splash when he returns because he's had a positive impact that resonated even with kids who only know Batman through stories.

Joker may succeed in adding more numbers to his kill-tally in his one last night of mayhem, but it doesn't change the fact that he's already lost. Joker's obsessed with being the center of attention, with being feared, and for him, NOT being recognized is both a boon and a fate worse than death. He TRIES to make himself feared again, but very tellingly, the only person who recognizes him at the carnival is a kid who goes
>"You're the Joker, right? Batman's gonna kick your ass."
The one kid who DOES recognize him, knows him as that clown who's always getting his shit kicked in by Batman. It's about how the Batman's story is more powerful and influential than the Joker's.
>>
Is OP the dumbest person on 4chan?
>>
>>84007856
You've got figured it all out anon TDKR is bad, everybody just pretends to like it to fool the normies.
>>
>>84007856
and that means you lack basic reading comprehension if everyone coming in this thread can take glance at the page that you doubltessly spent half an hour on and knew exactly what was going on
>>
Genuine question, do you have assburgers? The only other person I've known to get dumbfounded by this comic was.
>>
>>84007886
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I get it now, it IS bad writing okay then. TY i won't even bother finishing it ill go read something better. Maybe some Punisher MAX, Ennis, now THERES a writer!
>>
>>84007892
At this moment, yes
>>
>>84007571
To be fair, he did make a stop off at Selina's place to beat her and force one of her girls to wear psychotropic lipstick, but other than that nope. I'm pretty sure it all happens in the span of a few hours and surely kids and their parents attending a carnival wouldn't hear about some fucking rando studio audience getting gassed. Remember Idiot OP, this was the 80s - nobody had fucking instant access to news in their pockets.
>>
>>84007892
Atleast on /co/
>>
>>84007892
No. There's all the people in this thread taking his bait.
>>
I guess this Joker Carnival thing would have worked better in the 1940s "Old chum" days, but something so cartoonish and unreal doesn't work in something as deadly serious as this.
>>
>>84007972
Eh, I dunno, TDKR threads are always fun.
>>
>>84006551
wew lads
>>
>>84008006
It's not even his carnival
>>
>>84007926
...you know what? I'll take this victory. I've been saying for years, I don't need to change the haters' minds when it comes to Batman, if I can just make a few of them realize that they'd be better off jerking off to Punisher or whoever instead of shitting out threads asking asinine questions, then at least I'm skimming the pool of shit.
>>
>>84007955
>some fucking rando studio audience getting gassed.

You mean a horrible mass murder that would be on every cable news station in the country maybe even the world plus the fucking radio.

It's a very poorly developed dystopia from what ive seen. You have gangs of roving mutants, but you also have kids in school and people going to carnivals. The mutant gang in particular is dumb af. Like it's clearly the whole world that's gone to shit, but since Gotham was always the worst place to live in the world (literally just move somewhere else) it becomes this fucking Mad Max cartoon world. Fucking drivel
>>
>>84007913
Hey man, I'VE got Asperger's and still understood this comic perfectly ever since I was 12, don't go lumping us all in with this mongoloid.
>>
>>84008065
did you write asinine questions instead of legitimate complaints?
>>
>>84008075
>You mean a horrible mass murder that would be on every cable news station in the country maybe even the world plus the fucking radio.
...and, again, this being the 80s, they would have no fucking access to cable fucking news at a fucking carnival. Radio maybe, but I sincerely doubt anybody would listen to the radio news while driving the family to a fun-filled night at the wharf.

>It's a very poorly developed dystopia from what ive seen. You have gangs of roving mutants, but you also have kids in school and people going to carnivals. The mutant gang in particular is dumb af. Like it's clearly the whole world that's gone to shit, but since Gotham was always the worst place to live in the world (literally just move somewhere else) it becomes this fucking Mad Max cartoon world. Fucking drivel
Oh my god you're actually retarded. They're not meant to be literal fucking post-nuclear-apocalypse mutants you stupid sumbitch, they're just a more radical (in both senses of the word) street gang. You must live a very sheltered life if you think big cities don't have to deal with some dystopian shit. Hell, the whole fuckin' reason Gotham City is the way it is in the book is because THAT'S WHAT NEW YORK CITY WAS LIKE IN THE 80S. It's not like that now, but even in other cities, people still have to put "NO RADIO" signs in their car windows just to deter GTA.

Frank Miller got mugged like three times while working on the book FFS
>>
>>84008224
So it's dated then? So, we've got objectively shit art, writing that tends to try too hard, but can be cool in some places, and dated themes and characters. Doesn't make for a good comic, Watchmen is much more timeless.
>>
>>84007892
damifag still posts in here, so no.
>>
>>84007408
I think you mean Chris Claremont
>>
>>84007926
>>84008280
False alarm everyone, he was only PRETENDING to be retarded.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.