[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"JUSTICE LEAGUE" SCENE DESCRIPTIONS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 8
File: 1466655959185.jpg (20 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
1466655959185.jpg
20 KB, 470x313
What went wrong?

>Barry Allen arrives at his apartment. The walls are lined with televisions and the space is filled with gadgets Barry has created. Bruce Wayne is waiting for it and flips the switch on the circuit breaker that powers the apartment, revealing himself.

BRUCE: Barry Allen, I'm Bruce Wayne.

BARRY: You say it as if it's normal for me to walk in and find a complete stranger sitting in my second favorite chair.

>Bruce shows Barry a printout of the footage of Barry foiling a robbery in a convenience store.

BRUCE: I've been looking for you.

BARRY: I'm afraid you're looking for someone who looks a lot like me, but definitely isn't me. Long hair, kinda' hippie. He looks like a very attractive Jewish boy.

>Bruce plays the surveillance footage recovered from LexCorp.

BARRY: He drinks milk, though. I don’t drink milk.

BRUCE: I know you have abilities, I just don't know what they are.

BARRY: My special skills include viola, web design, fluent in sign-language, gorilla sign-language…

>Bruce points to the prototype suit hidden in the living room.

BRUCE: Silicon-based sand coarse fabric. Abrasion-resistant. Heat-resistant.

BARRY: I'm into competitive ice dancing.

BRUCE: This is used on the space shuttles to prevent them from burning up upon re-entry.

BARRY: It's very competitive ice dancing. Look, man, I don’t know who you are but whoever you’re looking for, it’s not me.

>Bruce throws a batrang at Barry's face. Barry perceives it in slow-motion. Time freezes as Barry moves out of the way and stops the batrang mid-flight, then returns to normal speed and faces Bruce.

BARRY: So you're Batman.

BRUCE: So you're fast.

BARRY: That's an oversimplification.

BRUCE: Listen, I’m putting together a team of people with special abilities. I believe enemies are coming, and I...

BARRY: Stop. I'm in.

BRUCE: Just like that?

BARRY: I need friends.

BRUCE: Great.

>Beat. Barry points to the batrang.

BARRY: So... Can I keep this?
>>
>>84004139
Barry is so lame they have to use Wally's personality.
>>
File: 1466656018692.jpg (19 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
1466656018692.jpg
19 KB, 384x384
>Commissioner James Gordon stands on the edge of the rooftop of the Gotham City Police Department, overlooking the city, with the Batsignal behind him shining in the night sky. Batman emerges from the shadows.

GORDON: How many of you are there?

BATMAN: Not enough.

>Wonder Woman and the Flash join them.

BATMAN: What have you got?

GORDON: A scientist has been kidnapped. Multiple eyewitnesses claim it was the same creature that was seen in Metropolis.

BATMAN: The bad guy's flying monkeys.

GORDON: That makes it eight abductions in three days.

>Cyborg unexpectedly arrives.

CYBORG: Nine. The head of S.T.A.R. Labs was taken last night.

>Wonder Woman smiles.

BATMAN: They can't simply have vanished. They must be nested somewhere.

GORDON: I've triangulated the creatures' movements onto a map of the area based on the eyewitnesses' reports, but they don't follow any sort of pattern. They don't converge anywhere.

CYBORG: Anywhere on land. They converge underground. Stryker's Island.

BATMAN: There's an old tunnel there. It was meant to connect the two cities, but it was never finished.

CYBORG: Worth taking a look.

FLASH: If you're coming along, there might not be enough room in the car.

>Batman smiles.

BATMAN: I got something bigger.

>Gordon turns back to the city.

GORDON: Monsters and aliens... When we started all this, did you ever think this is where things would end up, Batman?

>Gordon turns, and Batman, Wonder Woman and Cyborg are gone, but the Flash isn't.

GORDON: You still here?

FLASH: Yeah... Wait, they all left? Wow, that's so rude.
>>
>>84004147
Wallyfags are out early today it seems
>>
>>84004148
>GORDON: I've triangulated the creatures' movements onto a map of the area based on the eyewitnesses' reports, but they don't follow any sort of pattern. They don't converge anywhere.
>CYBORG: Anywhere on land. They converge underground. Stryker's Island.

this is bad
>>
>>84004153
Making jokes is Wally's thing, sorry Barryfag.
>>
>>84004168
>Wally West invented jokes
Stay mad, Barry will always be the front man of the Flashes
>>
>>84004168
>>84004182
Can't we just Barry the hatchet?
>>
File: 1458174654316.jpg (78 KB, 338x305) Image search: [Google]
1458174654316.jpg
78 KB, 338x305
>>84004148
>I've triangulated the creatures' movements onto a map of the area
>>
>>84004532
They can't. It's like talking to a Wally
>>
Fuck Marvelfag critics and fuck Snyder for ruining what could have been a great thing.

I do wonder if the shit with Wonder Woman was shoved into BvS by execs to lead into JLA, but Lex and Doomsday were still Snyder's fault. It would have been so much better to just focus on Bats and Supes.
>>
>>84004139
Every time I hear a different journalists' interpretation of the scene, it becomes MORE cringeworthy. I'm just going to assume they're relaying it in the worst way possible.
>>
>>84004139
>>84004148
Sounds like JUSTkino.
>>
>>84004139
Q U I P S
U
I
P
S
>>
Is this legito?
>>
>>84004139
>This whole fucking scene
Are they trying to make up for lost time by cramming two movies worth of quips into this one scene?
>>
>yfw by the time Justice League 2 comes out the entire DCEU has the same tone as Deadpool
>>
>>84004139
I don't know what to think about this, really
>>
QUIP QUIP QUIP QUIP QUIP EVERYBODY IS SNARKY
>>
I need a picture of the Flash doing sign language with gorillas
>>
>>84005310
No, you really don't.
>>
>>84004153
Bit it's true.
>>
>>84004148
>GORDON: You still here?
>FLASH: Yeah... Wait, they all left? Wow, that's so rude.

Okay, I laughed.
>>
>>84004139
>BARRY: I need friends
Hal c-can be his friend ;_;
>>
>>84004139

If you read the description alone, without having seen the characters delivering the lines, it seems like a scene from a sitcom where you feel like the characters are making pauses ater the jokes for the laugh track but most likely its just Barry being goofy and delivering the lines pretty fast like quicksilver.

I doubt anyone other than Flash and Cyborg will quip, batman'll sarcastic at times, don't know about superman, I doubt either Aquaman or wonder woman will even attempt to make a joke.
>>
>>84005310
Don't worry, Tumblr will be flooded by it when the movie comes out and Flash becomes their FOTM. If WB's plan works and the earth is not already salted, that is.
>>
File: anybody seen grodd.jpg (80 KB, 580x415) Image search: [Google]
anybody seen grodd.jpg
80 KB, 580x415
>>84005310
>>
Snyder is pretty good at moments of visual humour, but I can't really imagine him doing SNAPPY BANTER in his style. Ah well, I hope it has enough of his style behind the camera. The conception of the Flash's powers sounds interesting.
>>
>>84004148
>GORDON: You still here?
>FLASH: Yeah... Wait, they all left? Wow, that's so rude.

>fastest man alive not realizing people left

this is shit, pure cringe
>>
>>84005942
Feels like you're taking shit too seriously.
>>
>>84005942
He has super speed not super senses, he has to see it coming
>>
>>84005970
About that. A more serious tone invites more scrutiny. If a movie is a breezy fun experience, people can turn off their brains more and give more stuff a pass.
>>
>>84005178

Dont worr Snyder will cut it all out for some pointless scenes
>>
>>84006017
The Snyder movies have never been serious when it comes to the physical plausibility of the superpowers on display.
>>
The batman-leaves-commissioner-Gordon-alone joke only works if it's set up, which I bet it won't be.

Another case of Snyder not realizing just because something is popular in the zeitgeist you can get away not establishing it in your fucking movie.
>>
>>84006140
>The batman-leaves-commissioner-Gordon-alone joke only works if it's set up, which I bet it won't be

I just wish they would drop it already, I don't get why people like it. Just makes Batman look like some kind of jerk, I loved when Gordon finally said to cut that crap in No Man's Land and Batman apologized
>>
>>84004162
>>84004567
>saying something they literally always do in comics is bad

It's a fucking COMIC. Jesus Christ.

>in b4 NUH UH ITS A MOBIE THAT IS DUMB

don't watch superhero movies then
>>
>>84006203
it's bad because Gordon shouldn't need Cyborg to point out they were converging underground Gotham
>>
File: 1464381785077.jpg (30 KB, 433x381) Image search: [Google]
1464381785077.jpg
30 KB, 433x381
I like it

Please don't kill me
>>
>>84006223
>autism speaks
>>
You guys are acting like BvS didn't have any quips or jokes, it did, everything just felt flat
>>
>>84006140
Not really... I think it's a pretty established joke... Also kinda self explanatory.
>>
This thread is a prime example of /co/'s autism
>>
>>84006140
Which is weird because this is the man who felt the need to dedicate an entire movie to establish that Superman doesn't like killing.
>>
>>84004168
>Wally West is the only one who can joke
>Wally West is a lonely nerd

I used to be a Wallyfag but now I'm an #AllenMissile
>>
>>84005558
This.
For fuck's sake, we have the most light-hearted character of the bunch making a couple of jokes and everyone thinks that the whole JL will quip around while battling Steppenwolf. Seriously?
>>
>>84006357
>Unkillable monster rampaging through a city
>Wonder Woman shows up to help
>"She with you?"
>"I thought she was with you"
>>
>>84005393
>tfw their first interaction is "can you spare me five bucks?"
>>
Why does everyone on this board hate quips?

They seem part and parcel of the whole capeshit genre, and he e been for quite some time.

No story has no humor, tonally going all out serious the entire time is bland, dark and serious is only dark and serious if it has some comedy to be darker and more serious than.
>>
>>84006377
Was that a quip though?
>>
>>84006427
Yes. Just because it's terrible and nobody laughs, doesn't mean it's not a quip.
>>
>>84006164
>Just makes Batman look like some kind of jerk
But that's what Batman is
>>
>>84006401
>Why does everyone on this board hate quips?
Because they're manchildren who equate quips with shallow storytelling for some retarded reason.
>>
File: aaa.jpg (7 KB, 337x144) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
7 KB, 337x144
>>84004139
>I believe enemies are coming
>>
>>84006622
"All I know is bad is going on!"
>>
>>84006622
Bees, my God.
>>
>>84006254

Well assuming I agreed with that, which I don't really, because you'd need to have either watched TAS or JL, or actually have read some batbooks for that, it's also just shitty filmmaking. Everything needed to enjoy a movie should be contained within that movie. When you start skipping that under the assumption that "oh people know what that is" you've fucked up, because not everyone will, and it's just you taking a dump on your own craft.
>>
>>84006726

Can you please fuck off back to /tv/ already? You probably want an origin story for Spider-man and Batman too.

Also, the Godfather Part II sucked because the scenes in the twenties made no sense because all the stuff in the twenties didn't make sense unless you've seen The Godfather.
>>
>>84005225
>Batman narrating and breaking the 4th wall and being wacky the whole movie

I kind of want to see the train wreck
>>
Has Snyder ever directed intentional comedy?

I'm actually curious to see how he fucks that up.
>>
>>84006940
>Brave and the Bold animated film
>>
>>84007069
The closer he ever got was directing James Gunn's script for the Dawn of the Dead remake, although I don't think he realizes some parts of it are supposed to be comedic.
>>
>>84007127
I would mark the FUCK out for Batman talking about the hammers of justice in a movie, I don't even care.
>>
>>84007127
>Misleading Superman Covers - Director's Cut
>>
>>84004139
Based Snyder. Destroying Marvel one step at a time.
>>
>>84005132
>>84005178
>>84005298
I was wondering how long it would take for people to bitch about quipping

I mean, it's terrible here, but just remember, it's not always bad.
>>
>>84007289
>I was wondering how long it would take for people to bitch about quipping
It happened in first thread, senpai.
>>
>>84006377
In the polish dubbing Batman Answers "yeah shes my mum" wish i was joking. Is that a quip?
>>
>>84004148
I laughed at the end...

Cyborg's dialog could be better but with the little joke at the end, looks like the script is dropping the "why so serious" in favor or making money. To a degree, we have to realize, today's audience is brain dead. We have to make it appealing to them as well. At the end of the day this is a business but that doesn't mean it has to be a bad script all together. We can have good stories without being so shit that it's Marvel movies.
>>
File: darkseid is.jpg (24 KB, 234x235) Image search: [Google]
darkseid is.jpg
24 KB, 234x235
>>84004139
>second favorite chair.
Wonder who's in his favourite chair?
>>
>>84006401
i'm okay with quips but i do think it was overdone in Avengers 2. and that's probably why the pendulum swung the other way now
>>
>>84006427

no, Superman doesn't know who she is and batman probably thought she was an Alien like Superman.
>>
>>84008024
It's still a quip.
>>
>>84004182
Wally was the sarcastic Flash.

Barry made science puns and dad jokes because he was an archetypical dad.

So yeah they're basically saying Barry Allen's personality is shit so let's just use Wally's because everyone prefers a funny, jokey sarcastic Flash.

And it's true. Everyone does prefer Wally, even if they think they're enjoying Barry.
>>
>>84006726
Agreed. It's the same problem with BvS

it takes no time to really establish either batman or superman, the movie just assumes you know enough about them. and ESPECIALLY with how they handled Wonder Woman. She's a side character with barely any lines but at the end she shows up in costume and its TOTALLY EPIC except it completely relies on audiences knowing who wonder woman is instead of actually writing her character well.
>oh man there's this old WWI photo of her so cool!
that was the gist of her development
>>
>>84007227

More like "making Marvel richer one flop at a time" Kek
>>
>All these Wallyfags
>But Barry made these types of Jokes any other and he's basically Wally
>>
Why are people arguing about Flash? No matter which name he has he already became an OC the moment they made him a mexican asian guy....he is OC flash same way Heath was an OC Joker
>>
>NOT MUH KINO
>>
>>84009208
mexican jewish now
>>
>>84008817
A quip is now a non-comedic observation?
>>
>>84006377
I don't remember any quips WHILE they were battling Doomsday.
>>
I get that movies are allowed here and that's fine but how is this shitty obviously not real fanfiction allowed to stay up?
>>
>its OK when Iron Man want to punch Cap into his perfect teeth
>it's OK when Starlord dances to beat the evil bad guy

Drones
>>
>>84004139
My only problem is:
>BRUCE

why? It should be Batman. Use your fucking costume Bruce.
>>
>>84010110
It was comedic, bro. You can't be that entrenched in denial.
>>
>>84010617
Because they are gonna be working together, its better to get the identity thing out the way since Bruce knows he's a super and who Barry Allen.
>>
>QUIPS ARE OKAY WHEN DC DOES IT.
Fuck you all.
Seriously, straight-out go fuck yourselves.
You bunch of moronic hypocrites.
>>
>>84010604
>tension between two characters building since when they first met two avengers movies ago
>in character desperation move that worked
>>
>>84010720
>QUIPS ARE BAD UNLESS MARVEL DOES IT

Ha
>>
File: 1463998347965.png (183 KB, 470x358) Image search: [Google]
1463998347965.png
183 KB, 470x358
>>84011883
>in character
>>
>>84004139
>BARRY: My special skills include viola, web design, fluent in sign-language, gorilla sign-language…

Kek
>>
>>84004147
>Barry being necrotic and quirky is Wally's personality
>>84004168
>only Wally should make jokes
>>
>>84006235
I like it too.
The majority of /co/ is never satisfied with anything.
They bitch t dc for not being fun enough but when they do the bitch about it being too fun.
I like fun
>>
>>84004612
>If you criticize Snyder's shitty movie, you must be a marvelfag

Fuck, don't know why I keep biting this retarded bait.
>>
>>84004139
>>84004148
Sounds 20 times more comic book-y than any DC movie released in the last 20 years, what's wrong with it?
>>
>>84012938
>necrotic
unless they're doing some wacky Black Racer shit I think you used the wrong word.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.