[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've written storyboards/scripts/character models/music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 69799-full.jpg (126 KB, 630x444) Image search: [Google]
69799-full.jpg
126 KB, 630x444
I've written storyboards/scripts/character models/music for an entire 3-season cartoon series in secret for all of my life, and I've been working on my first full-length comic book; around 300 pages, but I've recently been losing faith and interest in any kind of fictional storytelling and find it to be super lame.

I've been deleting all the files each day, and I've thrown out a lot of the notebooks. Almost everything is gone.

Can anyone restore/further ruin my faith in cartoons/comics?
>>
Umbrella Academy at least partially restored my faith. I remembered to, you know, just have fun with writing.
>>
>>83999251
Ah, the creator freakout. Everyone's due for one eventually.

I dunno, have fun with it. This shit ain't as serious as people make it out to be.
>>
>>83999251
try writing the sort of thing you want to read, and put it out there and show it to your friends. If you keep it hidden it'll mess up your perspective on your own work
>>
>>83999251
Lately i've been having the same problem. I'm writing and drawing planning for a comic book but it doesn't feel right, and looking for inspiration in movies and other comics isn't working, everything i read feels like there's something missing.
>>
>>83999462
Are you me?
>>
>>83999251
Read Dark Night
>>
>>84000298
Superheroes are for children, no thanks.
>>
>>84000380
>>84000298

By the way, I've read Dark Knight.
>>
>want to animate a short cartoon
>can't find the motivation to draw thousands of pictures

Have scientists invented a cure for this yet?
>>
>>83999896
Research historical events. Anything from any time, really. Truth being stranger than fiction and all that makes it so that you can instill that sense of wonder back into your mind by seeing what amazing things real people can do, good and bad.

If I could make a recommendation: the American Civil War, or the first and second Congo wars.
>>
>>84000443
Yes it's called testosterone
>>
File: CllkMitWIAEN2tz.jpg (439 KB, 1200x1099) Image search: [Google]
CllkMitWIAEN2tz.jpg
439 KB, 1200x1099
I was thinking of a thing to say about the "power of strories" or whatever but I tend to dislike it when writers do that in their books.

So have this instead.
>>
>>83999896
Go listen to music.
>>
>>84000641
Great pic, is there more?
>>
>>84001634
That is the back of the comic notice the barcode
>>
>>84000641
OP here

Nice try. Read Walrus years ago. Brandon Graham asked me to give him my sketchbook so he could see what I was doing and I noped right out of that. No regrets; the shame would be palpable.
>>
>>84001908
You're retarded. I would love to show Graham even shitty doodles, if only to talk about sequential narratives with him.

Also just stop being a fag OP, not every work has to be your magnum opus. Look at how many shitty romance rags Kirby did in between working on his famous stuff. If you don't dig the Shit out, you'll never find the real gold. Way more important than trying to create a single perfect work is creating a whole bunch of meh because then you'll actually eventually make that great thing.

Also, 300 pages is a ton for a first comic, can you show us some of what you've got?, is it outlines or script or layouts or finished art or?
>>
>>83999251
Put it up on tumblr (I know, but there are worse sites) instead of deleting it. While you'll still hate yourself, at least you'll have an outlet for other people to read it. Besides, you want to delete it anyway, so why do you care if it gets judged?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.