[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Time to discuss the best cartoon ever made.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: marraige rift.jpg (63 KB, 640x477) Image search: [Google]
marraige rift.jpg
63 KB, 640x477
Time to discuss the best cartoon ever made.
>>
YOU ARE GOING DOWN WITH ME
HAND IN UNLOVABLE HAND
>>
File: 215.jpg (29 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
215.jpg
29 KB, 620x413
>>
>>83995000
sauce?
>>
>>83995042
AND I HOPE YOU DIE
>>
>>83995042
I hope you die.
I hope we both die.
>>
>>83995701
Moral Orel
>>
>>83995000
Great show, got me into the Mountain Goats. Clay's Easter rant is probably my favorite villain monologue ever, the nature one is up their too.

> And you realize, all too soon, that you're not good enough! That maybe there was a jerk-off called Darwin after all. And that you never acknowledged his existence because you knew deep inside that you were really what you feared you were-- weak. And passive. And ultimately, broken by the ones who were made the fittest. And that through your weaknesses, you built up a poison that poisoned others around you... That you love
>>
>>83995000
>The singing voice of Jem did "Closeface"
That's outrageous
>>
>>83995878
Actually, Bloberta's VA didn't sing closeface, Stephanie's did. I dunno who voiced Stephanie though
>>
>>83995000
I've always wanted to watch Morel Orel, but I don't really care for the whole "take THIS Christianity" thing the early episodes have, when does the series stop just parodying old Christian kids shows and become something more?
>>
File: moralorel2.png (204 KB, 520x288) Image search: [Google]
moralorel2.png
204 KB, 520x288
>>83995000
If you could have one of the original models from the show, which one would you want /co/?
>>
>>83996042
start with the two part Season 2 finale Nature.
Then watch season 3.
>>
>>83996042
Been a while since I watched, but most of the stuff people really like starts in season 2.
>>
>>83996057
Clay of course
>>
>>83996042
My memory is kinda fuzzy but I don't think Season 2 has those "take that" moments as much, but it's still a pretty good season. If you want to get to the full blown depressing parts watch the last episode of season 1, then the last two episodes of season 2 onward.
>>
>>83996141
>>83996148
Alright, I've been meaning to check it out for a while so I think I will.
>>
>>83996042
watch it all
>>
>>83996057
None. They're very nice and I don't have a place for very nice things
>>
>>83995979
1. Bloberta and Stephanie are played by the same voice actress.
2. That voice actress was Britta Phillips, who also sang that song.
>>
>>83996223
I did not know that, my bad
>>
I can't believe how much better this show got every season.
Moral Orel just got better and better with every episode. I don't understand how it happened.
This show is a goddamned miracle.
>>
>>83995837
I consider that to be Scott Adsit's finest performance. It proved that he can be a terrific dramatic actor.
>>
>>83995837
>villain
congrats on missing the point of the show bud
>>
>>83995000
Yeah man, trying to get into it. It's pretty good
>>
>>83996337
I can understand Clay, but he's still probably the greatest antagonist the show has to offer. He's a man wallowing in his mistakes and knows how they effect people, but still won't change or even try to.
>>
File: cring.png (184 KB, 705x410) Image search: [Google]
cring.png
184 KB, 705x410
>>83996257
>miracle
>>
>>83996380
Season one is just a straight parody of Davy and Goliath. Season two is when shit starts getting real and season 3 is some of the finest cartoon television ever produced.
>>
Great show. Shame they cut 7 episodes from the last season, so now the teacher's and Censordoll's story arcs go nowhere.
>>
>>83996257
The creator was going through a divorce
>>
>>83996456
Like, it gets into the meat?

So it's like Jojo?
>>
>>83996515
I'm sorry, "gets into the meat"?
>>
>>83996538
Starts getting into the story's core/ real messages and plot
>>
Harvey, drunk is nature
>>
>>83996627
Ah, I see. Then yes, absolutely. All the drama and philosophical musings reach a boiling point and at times it's almost unwatchable because of how heart-wrenching it is. Without giving away spoilers, there's a Nurse Bendy episode that still gives me chills.
>>
>>83996042
I'm retardedly Christian, and I love it. It only made my faith stronger.
>>
>>83996772
I suppose in a sense it's kind of like Serenity.
>>
>>83996042
Honestly I would reccomend you watching at least the last episode of the first season. There is a build up to it but the jokes in that season are really fucking bad. I watched it because I felt the need to do it.

Season 2 is when the jokes get good and there are some moments here and there that might catch you off guard but from the season finale onwards is a fucking feels roller coaster.

There is a prequel called Before Orel, watch it last.

That's what I would do.
>>
>>83996772
I seriously wonder how it does that for you? I think repeated viewing of the 3rd season is what finally convinced me that the organization of religion is just a big mind fuck.

Don't want an argument, just curious about what your perspective is.
>>
>>83996663
>in his voice
>>
>>83995682
MODS
>>
>>83996257
The creator wrote from the heart but instead of falling for the trap of their own ego and try to rationalize their dilemma's by making their own self-inserts inherently right like many writers, he did the opposite and wrote about all of his owns faults and insecurities.
>>
>>83997879
this is what Frankenhole needs a 3rd season
>>
>>83996772
Morel's conviction made him a better person in the end, so I guess all those christian morals were right
>>
>>83997789
Not him, but I think the point is that it made his *faith* stronger rather than his loyalty to a religion stronger.
>>
>>83997789
Reverend Putty is one of the nicest characters on the show. Orel keeps his faith through the show and even after he got married and has kids. Also I've personally known some incredibly nice people that went to my churches growing up.
>>
>>83995000
Nice trips.
Definitively one of my favorite show that Adult Swim ever made. I got into it because of all the "TAKE THIS CHRISTIANITY" since I'm a fucking fedora, but its genius writing during the second season made me fall for every single character. Season 3 is almost perfect, and that finale... just fucking great. Also, Mountain Goats, so yeah that's an extra. I wish all season could get a dvd release, so I can own those last episodes.
>>
>>83996042
Moral Orel never really mocks christianity, it mocks midwestern bible belt fundies. That's the whole point of the intro, where it zooms in on the church in the middle of the city in the middle of the US, which is shown as the only country on the globe. The first few episodes could have been more obvious about it like it is later on, but it's still clearly making fun of an insane far-right fundamentalist town, not christianity itself. I think part of the problem though is that not enough people even know that these people exist, or that they're sharing a country with a huge, huge population of them, because they keep to themselves so much and stay clustered in their little insane communities with almost zero outside contact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LACyLTsH4ac
>>
>>83998488
>Reverend Putty is one of the nicest characters on the show
And he still ain't that great. "nice" wise that is.
>>
Reminder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30R3C3FFRE8
>>
>>83995000
>but that's not __________________
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.