[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the worst King of the Hill episode? Hard mode: No Peggy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 13
File: king-of-the-hill-guys.jpg (56 KB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
king-of-the-hill-guys.jpg
56 KB, 500x285
What is the worst King of the Hill episode?
Hard mode: No Peggy A-plots.
Non-autist mode: Not based on you disagreeing with the moral.
>>
File: smugsami.jpg (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
smugsami.jpg
20 KB, 400x400
The episode where this super rich girl moves to Arlen and Peggy teaches her that you don't need to be rich to be happy

What shit.
>>
>>83993554
Bad News Bill or Racist Dawg
>>
>>83993554
the one where Bill ruins Bobby with his depression
the one where Hank's dog is racist
the one with the Canadian neighbors
the one with DUSTY OLD BONES
>>
"John Redcorn gets mad at Dale for raising his son" episodes
>>
>>83993554
The one where Louanne -
>>
>>83994810
I'd add any Bill-centric episode. I know there are a few good ones, but most of them are Bill backstabbing Hank and succeeding
>>
>>83994904

Don't lie anon you wish you were Lucky right now.
>>
>>83993554
im sorry i know this is more of an episode based discussion, but can we all agree that peggy is the biggest cunt to ever exist in T.V.
>>
>>83994839
>Nancy tries to justify being a slut

How can two shit characters be so close to a top tier character like Dale?
>>
>>83993554
"Bad News Bill" or "Bobby Rae". Episodes from season 11 through 13 are largely meh; a few good ones, but mostly meh and/or forgettable jokes.

>>83994994
After watching the show over and over and over and over, her flaws somewhat grow on you and make you enjoy laughing at her more. Yes, her personality is turrible, but that's the point. She also wasn't that awful in the first two seasons.
>>
>>83993554
Dusty Old Bones, the Canadian neighbour, and the pig factory guy.

The first two are just grating to watch, and the last just felt out of place like that Homer is a homophobe ep of the Simpsons.
>>
>>83994994
I feel like Bill is worse, Peggy had some good one liners, like in the episode where Connie has her first period. While she is reading Mihn's cookbook, I think Peggy says
"Oh look hank, we should use wooden spoons to mix the Macaroni! No more burnt hands!"
>>
>>83994839
>mfw The man who cucks gets cucked back and for good
>mfw Redcorn won't do shit because he know Dale raised his son and is a better person then him
>mfw Nancy has intense fear of Dale cucking her but also won't do shit because he's to good for her
>mfw Dale refuses to cuck Nancy out of love and loyalty
Why is one of the biggest (but funniest) assholes in the show the greatest husband and father?
>>
>>83994810
I can't believe people are listing episodes that get a good rise out of you but then end with Hank fixing things in a satisfying way. That's more than you can say for many episodes that came out after Luann's wedding.
>>
>>83993554
Dusty old bones, probably.
>>
>>83993554
Any episode with Redcorn in the actual plot. He didn't even serve a purpose other than to be, "Haha, Dale can't tell he was cheated on and his obviously not-blood related son isn't his son! Now watch John try and be relevant to a family that doesn't want him!"
>>
>>83994839
Redcorn's reactions are reasonable. Gets mad at Dale for being an idiot to his son, but only interferes to occasionally give a speech about growing up being he knows that Dale is ultimately a loving father.
>>
>>83995032
The only episode I remember her doing anything of the sort was the one where she finally ends her relationship with Redcorn.
>>
Get Your Freak Off

Hank is turned into an uptight prude (way more than he ever is) out of nowhere who becomes overly watchful of his son and to make him "right" Bobby's girlfriends parents are made into the most over the top "cool" parents imaginable to the point of being complete and utter strawmen. Also Bobby and his girlfriend are still dating at the end of the episode and she never shows up again, not even a mention like Laoma got.

Also, the Earth Movers episode where Hank is so terrified of Bobby having that job that he actively sabotages it and convinces Bobby's boss to show him it's "not good" so Bobby will quit.
>>
>>83993554

>Hay guise what episode do you think is bad and why? (Subjective opinions required)

>LOL ALSO HERE IS WHAT YOU CAN AND CANNOT USE FOR YOUR REASONING AND FUCK YOUR OPINION REGARDLESS LET ME JUST MOVE THESE HEAVY GOAL POSTS

Fuck. Off.
>>
>>83996881
>Sperging out this hard
>>
Either DUSTY OLD BONES or the old lady that wanted to die in their house.
>>
>>83996881
autist detected
>>
>>83997034
I forgot about mrs wakefield..
Hank was right. She was creepy as hell.
>>
The one where Hank gets Bobby back into Straight Arrow but has to deal with the new pussy scout leader who won't let the troop or his kids do real camping shit, so Hank and co. organize a "cool" event behind his back. Then his freak kids lose their shit after eating sugar and run off, then the leader shows up pissed off when he finds out what happened, then it turns out his kids have actual disorders and Hank feels bad. And the episode just ends with everyone being vaguely upset and pissed off, and not even in a comedic way,

I still don't know what the fuck it was trying to do and the kids all felt like they were around 6 instead of 13.
>>
The one where a retarded pothead gets a job at Strickland. They can't fire him despite being obviously high at work because reasons...it would've been okay if the blazer was entertaining, but he wasn't
>>
>>83998075
I thought he was a cokehead or an opioid junkie.
>>
>>83998075
He was on something worse than pot.
>>
>>83998075
I love when he throws all the files on the floor and then won't pick them up because there are as many as "stars in the galaxy."
>>
>>83998296
Peggys in the parking lot.
SHE LOOKS DISGRUNTLED.
>>
The zz-top one

felt like a modern simpson era cameo, but worse it tried to sell that zz-top has been a close part of hanks entire life. It was just dumb.

that said, i don't think there has ever been an episode of koth i outright hated.
>>
>>83993554

Pretty much any of them that makes Bobby forget a valuable life lesson learned in a previous episode so that he can be a pathetic tool.
>>
The "Bobby's 13th birthday" episode

Am I the only one who finds "kids trying to be more adult/mature" episodes of anything to be annoying? I was always the awkward, overly mature kid so it may just be me.
>>
The episode where Bobby practiced missing on Luann's hair styling dummy. Just kinda makes me cringe.
>>
>>83993554
Any of the Boomhauer episodes. The one where he's a poon hound that gets played is bad but so is the one where Brad Pitt plays his less scrupulous kin who's marrying a women Boomhauer has a thing for. He's just not an interesting character.
>>
>>83995164
Dale is a really well balanced character.
>>
The episode where that kid kept bullying Hank.
>>
>>83998962
Both of those episodes were great.
But i respect your opinion.
>>
Huh, surprised no one mentioned this one, but Im going with the episode where the old woman who was the prior owner of Hanks house wanted to die in it. Its a classic example of everyone acting crazy except the main character so we can have a plot. I can understand respecting the elderly and someones last wishes, but seriously fuck her and everyone giving Hank a hard time. Its trespassing, and fucking creepy. She wasnt even ill
>>
The episode where Bobby is the reincarnation of a monk or something was the dumbest shit. The strength of the show was always that even when things got out of hand, there was always something relateable and believable about the characters and how things turn out, and that quality was just completely missing.

I mean, for fuck's sake, Hank is worried that Bobby is being deluded or going to join a cult or something, which wasn't unreasonable when a bunch of foreigners show up and tell your kid they're the fucking chosen one because he passed some arbitrary 'test'. Yet when Hank goes to his church to talk to a counselor with Bobby, she's all 'OMG, yeah, the heck with this church I work for, Buddhism is great'. It wasn't even a Unitarian church, and it's in fucking Texas... get out of here with this fantasy bullshit.

I'm not Christian, and I'm all for parents letting kids make up their own minds about spirituality, but that shit was just ridiculous. The moral of the story is pretty irrelevant when the plot is that forced.

>>83996881
It's so that we'll discuss the merits of the storytelling instead of just wanking about our own politics/values or how much we hate Peggy.
>>
File: 1463985137107.gif (666 KB, 300x340) Image search: [Google]
1463985137107.gif
666 KB, 300x340
The episode where Bobby joined a meat grading team.That and the episode with the crossdressers.
>>
>>83994810
I can't stand Bill when he's the focus, since he's usually a lying sack of shit for a friend.
>>
>>83998075
That episode was hilarious. All Hank's coworkers start making up disabilities and become lazy because if that coke head can do it, why not them? It's a 'hank schools the sjws' episode, how can anyone not love that?
>>
>>83994678
It wasn't so much being rich as much as it was about devoting so much time and energy to keeping up with the latest trends and dumping them as soon as they're deemed "out". That is, if I'm thinking of the same episode as you are.
>>
>>83995164
Because Dale's asshole nature comes from him actually caring and genuinely thinking his stupid ideas are the right thing to do. Redcorn, however, is a hypocrite and an awful person and knows it.
>>
>>83995106
"And she recommends I stir the mac and cheese 'with a spoon'! Look Hank, no more burnt hands!"
>>
File: Inuk Cuck.jpg (141 KB, 464x348) Image search: [Google]
Inuk Cuck.jpg
141 KB, 464x348
>>
>>83994810
>Bobby and Konny was actually okay being just friend
>"BUT BOBBY! YOUR FIRST LOVE IS YOUR TRUE LOVE!'
>Make Bobby delusional to a point where he humiliate himself as a cupid and when Bill see this, he just act all hard and shit
I was hoping at one point, Hank would just kick Bill's ass.
>>
>>83999241
>and it's in fucking Texas
Wasn't she from Minnesota?
>>
Did they ever say why Nancy didn't just leave Dale after she met Redcorn? Was it just some southern scandal thing and she was too embarrassed after Joseph was born?
>>
>>83999589
Well in the end she did pick Dale, and perhaps deep down she always loved him even when being with Redcorn. She loved the excitement, not necessarily Redcorn
>>
>>83999589
Redcorn is just a sexy slut. Dale is a good person. She said at first she was with Dale because she felt sorry for him, but that he's a good man and good father and she honestly fell in love with him. But she's a ho.
>>
>>83999536
So she's the outsider and the Texans just accept her views as right unquestioningly. It was shit writing anon.
>>
File: The Honeymooners.jpg (40 KB, 520x320) Image search: [Google]
The Honeymooners.jpg
40 KB, 520x320
Pic related is my vote. It is the epitome of everything wrong about season seven onwards King of the Hill.
I feel like the only one who likes the post break-up Redcorn episodes.
>Now watch John try and be relevant to a family that doesn't want him!
It's not supposed to be funny unless there's a joke made about it. The Redcorn-Joseph-Dale amends arc was one of the best in the show although I wish they would've left Joseph's discovery of his heritage up to interpretation instead of dumping it out completely later on in the series.
>>83998075
That shit was hilarious in my opinion. Maybe Leon was just funny to people who have too much experience with drug addicts and/or addiction but everyone at Strickland claiming to be mentally ill was hilarious in general. I have really severe OCD and I still quote "If I get out of this chair Garth Brooks is gonna die" all the time to fuck with people.
>>
>>83995164
which episode does dale refuse to cuck nancy
>>
>>83999816
The one where he meets the lady exterminator.
And its not cucking, its cheating. Not that any of you dumb cucks care.
>>
File: image.jpg (222 KB, 780x1046) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
222 KB, 780x1046
>>83995164
Dale is the best
>>
>>83999753
They don't though. Her first episode is all about that and Hank disagreed with her completely in that episode.
>>83999589
>>83999715
>I love Dale, but in a lights-on sort of way
>>
>>83999816
I think hes referring to the one where they guys hire that female pigeon exterminator who had the hots for Dale. Nancy was getting uneasy given the chemistry they had, but Dale shut her down instantly because he was devoted to Nancy
>>
>>83999769
>I feel like the only one who likes the post break-up Redcorn episodes.
>It's not supposed to be funny

I liked that concept too, and they could use Redcorn in pretty funny ways then sometimes. Like when he freaks out about Hank's sexy grilling dreams about Nancy and then eventually throws his vest off at Hank, telling him to "Take it all!" and then, once he leaves, breaking down in tears in the middle of his trailer. Maybe that could be seen as pushing things too far with his character, but the show didn't often get the opportunity to take characters to different places permanently and so they ran with it at times (Thanksgiving episode with Bobby going against "the white man" was a good use of that for drama).

Even then they continued to do the "LOL Dale is cuck" jokes (which they'd done tons of variations on to begin with during the affair), just with them in past tense this time. Pretty much everything related to the affair was handled decently, though I'm sorta glad neither Dale or Joseph found out because it was way too heavy to handle for the plot of a single episode and they weren't the main characters anyway.
>>
>>83999102
KOTH threads in a nutshell
>>
The season finale with the whole "meat examination team", which was really just a rehash of the episode where Bobby joined the academic team as the pop culture guy, except more farfetched. With the exception of the nice ending scene, it was very weak.
>>
File: 1458468072538.png (56 KB, 228x183) Image search: [Google]
1458468072538.png
56 KB, 228x183
>>83993554
the episode where hank put bobby into a new baseball league and then basically got berated for being a bad father (and by bill of all people) for the whole episode just really rubbed me the wrong way. I don't remember the ending but I rank it up with the episodes where they force the whole motif of "Let's make everyone a dick to hank for no reason"
>>
File: patch.jpg (106 KB, 1405x1079) Image search: [Google]
patch.jpg
106 KB, 1405x1079
>It's a "nobody talks things out like human beings" episode
>>
>>83995032
Because Dale's identity isn't that he's a cuck. Dale's self-identity is completely detached from that mess and he's his own character because of it.

Redcorn and Nancy only exist for that one joke. That one joke that lasted years. They have no contribution past that, and barely even have their own personalities.
>>
>>83999769
>The Redcorn-Joseph-Dale amends arc was one of the best in the show although I wish they would've left Joseph's discovery of his heritage up to interpretation instead of dumping it out completely later on in the series.
Wait, he found out? You're not talking about the Thanskgiving episode are you? I'm pretty sure Nancy just used some flowery language she knew Redcorn would understand when Joseph repeated it later on.
>>
The episode where Luann rapes Bobby with a gun and it accidentally goes off and he loses his dick and has to shit through in a bag through a tube.
>>
>>83999904
See but there was already debate over whether Nancy told Joseph in that Thanksgiving episode you mentioned. Joseph seeing the light on Redcorn's obsession over him and their land after some hokey "We're all related" bullshit is too easy and unrealistic in family dynamics for KOTH especially at that point in the show and before Joseph was turned into a bumbling retard. Nancy's explanation was off-screen and Joseph's monologue to Redcorn and Dale was suffiecently vague to leave it up to viewers to decide if the speech was offscreen just for suspense or if he really did find out. The musical cues in those scenes really had some people wonder in particular.
Then the AYY! episode officially chucked it all out 100%.
Everything else you summed up more succicently than I'd be able to in my slightly high/severly tired state of mind right now ha
>>
>>83999904
>though I'm sorta glad neither Dale or Joseph found out because it was way too heavy to handle for the plot of a single episode and they weren't the main characters anyway.
Dunno' if it was ever confirmed as real but before the show was cancelled they had a list of episode ideas and Dale finding out was one of them. No idea how they would have handled it and it's probably a good thing it was never made.

There was also going to be an episode where Ladybird died.
>>
I swear I'm the only person on /co/ who liked >dusty old bones
>full of green dust
It's just so fucking ridiculous
>>
>>84000201
>There was also going to be an episode where Ladybird died.
Jesus fucking Christ. I think they could've pulled that off with early season writing but not by the point the show was cancelled. They were WAY too deep in the shallow end of the pool by that point. They hadn't had any real emotional writing or character arcs in years and dropped most of the good shit done beforehand to lick Fox's boots "cuz reruns".
I'm sure Dale would've forgotten by the next episode anyways.
>>84000265
I genuinely liked the quote but the episode was terrible. It's premise had been done countless times before on the show and there was no humor in it besides that and the "WHITE SHIRT WHITE SHIRT" rhyme scenes. It was just frustrating..
>>
>>84000265
>White shirt, white shirt, how'd you get your shirt so white, white shirt?

Nah, it was good.

/co/ just gets triggered by the bullying.
>>
>>84000265
>>84000309
Also am I the only one who got what Caleb was talking about? He's such an "old man" that even his bones are dusty and their insidea are doing Looney Toons-esque disentegration from their age into "green dust."
>>
>>83995187
>racist dog
>satisfying
Hank never got to prove all those fags to their faces that he wasn't a racist.
>>
>>84000465
I feel like that's what made it satisfying. It wasn't any of their business and they were only interested because it gave them an acceptable target and method of abuse. The only people the situation should've mattered to were Hank and the repair guy. In the end they made amends, felt comradery, and left each other feeling both satisfied and even warm inside. All the faggots who threw shit at Hank never got any of that and never will really.
>>
>that episode where that old lady wanted to die in Hank's house during Christmas
>That episode where Hank tells Cotton he hates him, only for him to act all fucking indignant
>>
The ep with Ms. Wakefield wanting to die in their house and everyone getting pissed at them over it.
>>
>>84000596
>>That episode where Hank tells Cotton he hates him, only for him to act all fucking indignant

If you mean the same episode where Hank says "I love you" to Buck once he gets promoted to manager and then Buck demotes him back right after, that one is amazing.
>>
>>83993554
One with Bobby and gout
>>
The one when the Canadians stay on rainy street is pretty shit
>Hank gets in a lawn mower fight and gets a DUI
>>
>>84000660
LOVE HURTS
>>
The Ms. Wakefield episode was really fucking satisfying to me despite most people despising the episode. Ignoring the in my opinion hilarious pseudo-horror of Ms. Wakesfield throughout the episode, the neighbors' comeuppance was too subtle for most people I think but they were confronted with just a taste of the bitch and realized they hadn't been through that shit and were so visibly uncomfortable. I like hypervisual beatdowns as much as the next guy and KOTH often fails at subtle wins but I liked this one.
>>
File: 1459485158430.jpg (73 KB, 495x636) Image search: [Google]
1459485158430.jpg
73 KB, 495x636
>>83993554
I really hated thay episode where there was hurricane going on and everyone was shitting on Hank even though he was trying to keep every safe, and the fact that Bill didn't get his comeupance didn't help the matter.
>>
>>84000781
Liked it for the same reasons.

Also there are too many sitcoms which have the old person dying in the house for a "touching," ultimately feel-good ending (I think Good Times or a similar show actually had an episode about a random old guy literally coming to the family's house asking to die during a holiday and everyone is super sad and touched when he does) and it feels like it was sort of making fun of that kind of plot by showing how fucking weird that would really be.
>>
>>84000265
hey white shirt
how'd you get your shirt so white
>>
>>83999430
> Not incucknito
>>
>>84000974
Fuck you the joke is still good
But that is good too
>>
>>84000660
Whatevertthefuck man that episode is fucking great.
>>
>>84000585
While that's all true, they still felt self righteous at the end and I would have thoroughly enjoyed to see them BTFO by Hank and the repairman
>>
The sex education episode, aside from Peggy yelling penis at the top of her lungs that part was gold.
>>
>>83993554
The one where Hank becomes a pimp by accident
>>
>young and watching koth
>can't understand boomhauer
>grow up
>now you can understand him half as well as the rest of the friends
I swear I'm not a deep southern Texas redneck.
>>
>>84001467
This is an episode you hate thread not episode you love
>>
>>83999904
It was so satisfying when John Redcorn had to sell his land so white 1/64th "Cherokee" could turn it into a toxic waste dump.
>>
Probably when Bobby ruins 4th of July causing a war with Hank and the next street over.

It makes no sense how Bobby gets scared into being a radical preacher and then mellows out at the end.

Or the episode where Hank paid sticker price for all his cars, because Hank learns nothing and everyone thinks he's a bomber.

Or the MySapce episode that aired years after MySpace stopped being relevant.
>>
>>84000781
I love this episode just because it has some really good interactions between the cast members, like Hank chatting with his family or Redcorn talking about how Bill always gives great Christmas gifts
>>
The one where Peggy thinks that some guy wants to have an affair with her.

The one where Hank turns into a crybaby over not having his seat reserved at the church.

The episode where hank sings up to take care of a soldier's pet and he is expecting a dog and gets a cat instead.

I also wish that the side characters got more chances to be fleshed out rather than be given one token episode where they basically go nuts since the writers don't know what to do with them.
>>
>>83999291
>Bobby joins a meat grading team
The series finale? That one was great
>>
>>84001467
u serious
>>
MY NAME IS RAAAAAD THIBADAYUX
>>
Admit it. You all want to hang out with all these characters you know them so well. I feel like I can hold a conversation with everyone of them.
>>
>>83994951
>>83999298
I love the one where Bill steals the tank. That's probably the best Bill-centric one.
>>
>>83993554
Daily reminder that Durhamrocker makes the best KoH YT vids
>>
>>84002353
Why do you feel anyone needs to be reminded of this fact?

also new release when?
>>
>>83996237
The episode where Redcorn broke it off after Dale helped him with his tribe shit was pretty great. It made Redcorn really seem like a bro character to me, like he was sincerely apologetic for doing it.
>>
>>83997063
No, she was fucking annoying. Hank was in the right and the neighbors were all assholes.
>>
>>84000322
>/co/ just gets triggered by the bullying.
The kid needed his ass busted. Caleb was just an example of how you're not allowed to punish your children these days because it's always "abuse."
>>
>>84001606
>Or the MySapce episode that aired years after MySpace stopped being relevant.
That was confusing.

That it aired, not the plot.
>>
>>83993554
>Non-autist mode: Not based on you disagreeing with the moral.

Sorry, OP, but neo-/co/ agrees with everything Hank does.
>>
The episode where Bill starts dating the church preacher and Hank makes him break up with her because it makes Hank uncomfortable or something

Also, the Renaissance fair episode
>>
>>83999298
>>84002325
The Christmas episode where he starts playing crazy tennis is pretty amusing.
>>
>>83994810
>the one where Bill ruins Bobby with his depression
this one, still amazed Hank didn't kick the ever loving crap out of Bill for this considering how protective he is of Bobby normally(outside of the Mascot episode)
>>
>>84003658
BOW NOW, GAS MAN
>>
>>84000637
>then Buck demotes him back right after
that part never made sense to me, Buck doesn't seem the sort that would have minded being told that
>>
>>83993554
"Après Hank, le Deluge" if only for this smug asshole.
>>
>>83996221
Except
>Dale knows
>if he pretends he doesnt everyone will guilt themselves into admitting it
>meanwhile he'll show John that he is magnitudes better at being a father and will be there for his formative years
>so even when John confesses Joseph will always think of Dale as more of his father than anyone.
Dale always wins
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.