[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really wish he got a spin off I think there's some potential
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
I really wish he got a spin off

I think there's some potential here

Bob's Burgers thread? Just started watching it a few weeks ago and I had no idea it was so fun.
>>
it would go cleaveland show fast as hell

bobs burgers is great but the overall concept can and is gonna wear thin pretty quick. quirky kids can only carry the show for so long.
>>
>>83986064
They could do a day in the life of teddy episode.
>>
>>83986112
It wouldn't be enough and just increase my hunger for Teddy
>>
>>83986099
>Gonna wear thin pretty quick
>Just finished its sixth season, with a seventh and eighth season approved by fox.
>>
I love Teddy but it's insane to think he could carry a show alone.
>>
File: capture161.png (305 KB, 1084x610) Image search: [Google]
capture161.png
305 KB, 1084x610
Did she do it?
>>
>>83986307
If anything I want more Mort. He's Bob's other best friend but we never see him.
>>
File: 1388250870306.gif (963 KB, 475x268) Image search: [Google]
1388250870306.gif
963 KB, 475x268
>>83986307
Yes, clearly the show would consist of nothing but Teddy on screen without any sort of supporting cast whatsoever.

Just like Bob's Burger which has no supporting cast.

Yep.

The same.
>>
>>83986405
Youd think theyd see more of him. He lives next door.
>>
>>83986099
The concept wore thin by the fifth season. It's running on fumes at this point. And by fumes I mean Gene's farts.
>>
>>83986482
He's kinda busy being a serial killer.
>>
>>83986563
Gene's farts are the gas of ambrosia
>>
File: The_Simpsons_season_27[1].png (96 KB, 316x315) Image search: [Google]
The_Simpsons_season_27[1].png
96 KB, 316x315
>>83986239
>with a seventh and eighth season approved by fox.

Is that supposed to sound like a guarantee of quality?
>>
>>83986599
that krusty picture is very fitting
>>
>>83986239
Six season was a bit of a hit and a miss (when it was good it was REALLY good and when it was meh it was really meh) but I think it still has a few seasons left. Think it could make it 10-13 like King of the Hill did.
>>
>>83986599

He's already dead
>>
>>83986599
So your saying that seasons seven and eight of the simpsons were bad?
Just admit you were wrong, faggot. Theres no shame in being told by your better.
>>
>>83986917
>So your saying that seasons seven and eight of the simpsons were bad?

I'm saying "more seasons have been approved by the network" doesn't mean jack shit when the network has proven it's more than willing to drag a desiccated corpse on screen. If you trust Fox to be a judge of quality, you haven't been paying attention.
>>
>>83986413
Who would teddy's supporting cast be other than bob and mort. That's all he literally knows
>>
I want a spin-off of "Louise's Burgers" of a young adult Louise taking over the restaurant and doing semi-illegal scams on the side to keep the business afloat.
>>
>>83987198
He's a handyman with clients, that could work.
>>
>>83987339
It could be like Dr. Katz
>>
>>83987339
It would be cancelled very soon. Episodes about Teddy inside the show Bobs Burgers could easily work however.
>>
>>83987798
Yeah, just stick one or more of the kids with him on some pretense as he's going through his normal life. Leave the rest of the family to a B-plot, and you're good to go.
>>
>>83986064
Can someone give me an example of a spin-off show that was actually good?

>>83986099
I think it'd be like giving Bill a spin-off from KoTH. Ted would never leave their town of his own volition, and if he did, he'd quickly just find a surrogate Bob to buy burgers from every day.
>>
>>83988078
I could see Gene/Teddy having some promise. Maybe. Maybe if Gene holds him in some high regard for some mundane thing, and Teddy tries to live up to Gene's perception of him.
>>
>>83988382
Better Call Saul?
>>
>>83988382
Does American Dad count as a spin off?
>>
>>83988382
Pinky and the Brain.
The Flash.

Probably a bunch more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_television_spin-offs
>>
>>83988382
Frasier
>>
>>83986064
I would honestly love to see at least a series of web shorts staring Teddy. Literally just Teddy making poorly produced /diy/ and and home improvement videos.
>>
>>83989237
This. Make this. Now.
>>
>>83989237
>poorly produced /diy/
I don't think it's ever been implied that Teddy is bad at what he does. He's an insecure wreck of a human being, but he seems to know his stuff when it's related to his job.
>>
>>83989237
I don't know... I mean, if this was [adult swim], sure, but Fox is not really known for independent character web spinoffs (aside from the detailed life of Peter from Instagram, peterpumkineater69).
Sounds dope, though.
>>
>>83989327
Poorly produced videos, not the actual things he makes in them. He wouldn't know how to speak to a camera, explain what he's doing or produce an entertaining show.
>>
>>83986064
>So they're making a show about me Bob
>That's great Teddy
>Yeah, finally it's time for Teddy to shine
>So what's it going to be about?
>What do you mean?
>Like the premise.
>Premise?
>Yeah, a show needs a premise Teddy
>I was hoping cameras would follow me around Bob
>That's not really a show Teddy, that's more of just watching a guy
>Can't that be a show?
>Sure I mean, its just...
>Just what?
>Well, you don't seem to have that interesting of a life Teddy
>WHAT?
>I don't mean it in a bad way
>How could you say that Bob?
>Teddy please
>After all we've been through
>Okay, well take me into a day of Teddy the repairman
>Well, I wake up, sometimes I wonder if I should use the Mint mouthwash or the Orange mouthwash. The Orange tastes really good, but the mint makes my breath nice and fresh
>Mmhmm
>Because I could meet a nice lady in my day and what is she going to think "Oh, his breath smells nice?" with the Orange?
>Okay
>Then around that time I notice that I'm late for my morning routine at the Yoga studio, so I just leave both unopened mouthwashes there
>Wait,you do Yoga?
>Wait, you don't use mouthwash?
>I think my question matters a little more Mort.
>No honestly I'm surprised that he does Yoga!
>No no, I use the bathroom in the Yoga studio.
>Why don't you use your own bathroom?
>There's just something off about it Bob. The Yoga studio bathroom though, it feels nice.
>It does have a certain Zen about it
>So, let me get this straight Teddy. You wake up, try to decide what mouthwash to use in your own bathroom, drive across town without using mouthwash, to use a bathroom inside of a Yoga studio
>Yup
>And you want people filming that?
>Yup, oh wait. That sounds terrible.
>Yeah
>I'd honestly watch it
>Mort you'd watch 24/7 informerical channels
>Only on weekends when I didn't have a date
>Aren't you single Mort?
>Only 24/7 Teddy
>Oh my God this is a bad idea
>IT'S TOO LATE BOB, I ALREADY SIGNED THE PAPERS
Teddy's Repairs Fall 17
Only on Fox
>>
File: 1465373262952.jpg (33 KB, 419x419) Image search: [Google]
1465373262952.jpg
33 KB, 419x419
>>83986355
Oh yeah, totally
>>
>>83989492
Loren Bouchard, don't you have scripts to write you glorious bastard
>>
>>83987297
that would be pretty fucking great
>>
>>83989488
so basically you want Fixin' It With Soos
i'm okay with this
>>
>>83989924
Pretty much. But less youthfull enthusiasm and more arguments about superiority of one brand of tortillas over the other brand.
>>
>>83986355
I dunno, but she really should become a recurring character. I loved that entire episode.
>>
>>83990015
>these are the good ones. 'la preferida'. that means 'the ones you prefer' I think.
>teddy that says 'la banderita'
>they changed it. It's the same ones though. You can tell because they're kinda.. i mean, i wouldn't say leathery. that sounds bad
>uh huh
>but the point is they're tough, while all the other brands fall apart if they get wet. But these break if you use them right out of the package, so you have to heat them first. When you heat them they get pliable, Bob
>that's because of the lard
>there's lard in these?
>there's lard in any tortillas, Teddy
>oh god, i've been eating little baby seals all this time?
>what? no. That's.. it's pig fat. but it's been melted first, so-
>maybe i should leave the food videos to you, you've got a restaurant
>but this isn't interesting to me
>>
>>83990120
It was good up until the part where Bob said that different brands of tortillas isn't interesting to him.

That's EXACTLY the kind of shit Bob would be all over.
>>
>>83990162
i meant "doing my own youtube videos"

though now that you mention it, he might actually get into that
>>
>>83989488
Exactly what I meant.
>an episode where the camera is focused on his legs the entire time
>an episode where he has to take a phone call, but forgets to turn off the camera
>an episode where he tries to narrate over the noise of his power tools, so you can only hear odd out of context sentence fragments
etc.
>>
>>83990386
that bit in the last episode where he tried to bluff bob into thinking he couldnt hear him because the hairdryer was on, when it wasnt. that shit was brilliant
i often think "what if tv actually had the bits of real life where you cant fucking hear someone and you ask them to repeat it several times?" and if any show would ever do that, it'd be this one
>>
>>83987198
There's no talking while you're getting slapped.
>>
>>83989492
More.
>>
>>83987297
I love thinking about their future
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.