[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>cartoon makes fun of execs taking their ideas and turning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 8layqwf.png (105 KB, 320x239) Image search: [Google]
8layqwf.png
105 KB, 320x239
>cartoon makes fun of execs taking their ideas and turning them into soulless husks
>years later it actually happens
>>
What cartoon is OP image?
>>
File: rsz_clutch_cargo_vox_6276.jpg (23 KB, 350x237) Image search: [Google]
rsz_clutch_cargo_vox_6276.jpg
23 KB, 350x237
>years later
OP you're so myopic it hurts. The cartoon makes very direct allusions to then-current projects and then-past projects that gutted what the creator perceives as "real animation".

Hell, even the pic you posted is a direct reference to Clutch Cargo.

Besides, there are quite a few well-animated and creative cartoons that came out recently (which I won't name because it's beside the point; bad animation always existed and will always exist)
>>
>>83983382
>Years later
It's not like it's anything new. I'm sure at that point they probably went through a few instances where the Looney Tunes had shameless low quality cash-ins. I know
>>83983463
Invasion of the Bunny Snatchers.
>>
>>83983463
Invasion of the Bunny Snatchers, a parody cartoon making fun of cheap tv animation studios and shit like Syncro-Vox that was used for stuff like Clutch Cargo.

It was a parody making fun of how soulless and commercial it was and it tied into OP's post since PPG and Ben 10 also had their own episodes where they made fun of soulless commercial husk shit, only to later become that with their recent reboots.
>>
>>83983533
I don't think he denied well-animated cartoons still being made. He's more than likely referring to nuppg and reboot ben10
>>
>>83983463
http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/consider-the-source/Content?oid=904461

It was a direct jab at all the crap WB was doing with Looney Tunes at the time ("hood" "urban" Looney Tunes, for example) and a general decrying of the decline of the quality of animation, real or imagined.
>>
File: compare.jpg (129 KB, 736x770) Image search: [Google]
compare.jpg
129 KB, 736x770
>>83983607
But my point is that Bunny Snatches isn't a prediction of things to come, it was a reflection on the current (and past) state of affairs in animation.

Frankly if you want something that's really on-the-nose, compare the current Disney Mickey Mouse shorts to the original and Golden Age Mickey Mouse shorts.

THAT is some pod-people bullshit.
>>
File: image.png (20 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.png
20 KB, 300x300
>>83983932
>>
>>83983932

I don't have enough (you)s for this.
>>
>>83983932
You're also comparing theatrical shorts to 3 minute web cartoons.
>>
>>83984266
So what? We're talking about reduction in animation quality / character design, aren't we? We're not talking about cost-effectiveness or popularity. I'm sure the modern Mickey Mouse shorts are more cost-effective and more popular than the classic Mickey Mouse shorts. So what? I'm talking about the "pod people" visual distinction that was made in Bunny Snatchers, and visually, the new shorts have really flat character design and minimal animation, just like the pod people in Bunny Snatchers.
>>
>>83983533
>>83983584

That's pretty damn ironic considering while Clutch Cargo is barely animated, it is professionally drawn. People need to remember that good drawing makes good animation, not a lot of inbetweens.

The "well animated" portion of the cartoon consisted of the same old tired out Chuck Johns and Friz Freling cliches stupid people think is what made Looney Tunes "looney". This was clearly made by writers and not artists, the drawings are sloppy and ugly outsourced fake 90s cartooniness.

Is this supposed to be next level irony? Because there is nothing more infuriating than a artistically-challenged writer telling people what constitutes as good animation.
>>
>>83983932
That does stand to reason. Pod people Looney Tunes are bland and soulless, pod people Disney cartoons are actually funny and inspired.
>>
>>83983382
It's funny because the actor who played Bugs, Daffy, and everyone else in that short went on to do them again in The Looney Tunes Show and Wabbit.
>>
>>83985357
>people are ironically/unironically defending Clutch Cargo out of the need of /co/ntrarianism.

I hate this board so much.
>>
Posting this, because it's relevant to Clutch Cargo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R44MvXeEQw
>>
>>83984621
Flat and limited, maybe, but it's expressive design and expressive animation.
Unlike shit like nuPPG, the new Mickey shorts are a joy to watch.
>>
>>83985577
What? It's well-drawn and inked. No one does stuff like that anymore. Drawing decently is a lost art in the cartooning world nowadays.
>>
>>83985759
>Drawing decently is a lost art in the cartooning world nowadays.
desu I really really like the drawing style of wakfu
>>
>>83986155
>Liking Deviant Art anime minus wrists.

kill me now.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.