[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Creator archetypes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5
File: Creators.jpg (683 KB, 1660x2061) Image search: [Google]
Creators.jpg
683 KB, 1660x2061
Did this yesterday. Should have done it today: more traffic.

It's far from perfect, of course. What would you change?
>>
>>83977303
What's negative with Enis and they are troubled? Preacher and Hitman don't really fit that.
>>
>>83977353

Really? Tommy Monaghan, a hitman, and Jesse Custer, are not troubled individuals?

But I was more referring to his views on capes. You know, 'The Pro', 'Section Eight', 'The Boys'...
>>
>>83977401
I meant why negative? They seemed positive books.
Actually explain your negative/positive intention?
>>
>>83977425
>Actually explain your negative/positive intention?
Your whole intention not just Ennis I mean.
>>
File: goddamn_batman.jpg (69 KB, 383x408) Image search: [Google]
goddamn_batman.jpg
69 KB, 383x408
>>83977303
Frank Miller. Positives. LOL!
>>
>>83977447
Fuck off faggot
>>
>>83977303
Outside of Millar I don't know any of the guys on the right.
So I guess your picture is right because I only read good comics.
>>
I can't recall Millar saying anything like that.

Are you sure that you're not just memeing?
>>
When did Ennis start endorsing Superheroes?
>>
>>83977303
>Gail Simone
>Good

She had a nice streak in her early years in the field but now she's not even decent.
>>
>>83977425
>>83977442

I don't mean they are bad writers - 'Preacher' was a hoot and a half - I mean more their outlook.

>>83977447

" I weep for Adonais—he is dead!
Oh, weep for Adonais! though our tears
Thaw not the frost which binds so dear a head! "
>>
>>83977303
Ennis doesn't write "troubled" superheroes so much as incompetent retards that constantly get ass raped by Bueno.
>>
>>83977490

It's more their view of things. When I think of Millar and superheroes, I think of the Authority. But, like I said, imperfect.

>>83977500

Never. That's kind of the point.

>>83977504

You could say that of Miller too.
>>
>>83977511
I think that nobody knows what you mean because you have shitty presentation.

You should delete that image and delete this thread.
>>
>>83977532
>constantly get ass raped by Bueno.

I'd call that 'trouble'.
>>
Wouldn't Moore be something like, "Superheroes are a cultural catastrophe".
>>
>>83977539

Really? How much simpler can I make it?

No, seriously though, how could this image be improved?
>>
>>83977533
When I think of Millar, I think of Superman Adventures. Charming, upbeat, creative, inviting, possibly his best work. And he writes Superman as super, but just a man, not a God.
>>
>>83977556
Since everybody disagrees with you or is confused by what you've done, you've obviously completely and totally fucked up on a basic fundamental level. Just delete everything and go sit in a corner.
>>
>>83977556
Positive/negative can mean anything from they are good/suck or their view on the subject to if they do it correctly.
Also the ideas are disjointed. The anti woman just seems tacked on. What connects all those ideas on the left?
>>
>>83977562
When I think Millar I think of his most famous comic Kickass which is about regular non powered people and a bit of a nerd who's not good, not anything like a god. I also think of Kingman his recent adaptation which is spies and no powers or gods either.
>>
>>83977556
If you legit have trouble understanding how people can see things through viewpoints other than your own, then you might have an actual real life mental illness.
>>
File: The_Spirit.jpg (385 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
The_Spirit.jpg
385 KB, 1000x1500
>>83977455
Again. Frank Miller. Positives. LOL!
>>
>>83977609

No, I was being serious. How to improve this image. Different terms? Include names?
>>
How the fuck is Sin City positive?

Like...like how? I can't think of a single way to say it's positive.
>>
>>83977722
Implying people even get what the chart means, so first answer this >>83977581
>>
>>83977722
We don't know what you're trying to do. If people saw an idiot run in circles yelling hoopy doopy double poopy and upon calling him an idiot responded with, "Well how can I do it better? Should I change double to triple?" The idiot wouldn't get an answer because nobody knows what he's doing.
>>
>>83977779
>We don't know what you're trying to do.

Compartmentalize archetypes? Create something like a sephirothic tree for comic book creators?

Eh, you're probably right.
>>
Ok OP. I'm going to call your pic bullshit and you a memer who doesn't read comics unless you can do one thing:
Post 3 separate works for each and every single writer listed that you have read and feel represents your point.
>>
>>83977722
Prehaps give specific story examples instead of coral an artist's whole body of work. Make it clear what you mean by positive and negative. The artist's attitude? The story's tone? Over all quality? Define your terms damn it
>>
>>83977861
Still waiting OP. List those comics.
>>
>>83977303
Millar at his worst when he doesn't write heroes like gods though. You should stop listening to /co/ and read more Waid, too.
Also, as a total Ellis fanboy, I think both Moore and Ellis are about the same. Can't really agree with Ellis as negatve.
>>
>>83977504

Yeah, it's clear she is tapped out.
>>
>>83977303
Okay, Waid is obviously way past his prime which was more than transparent during fourth volume of DD and continues to be a problem in ANAD Avengers.

But why people keep forgetting that majority of volume 3 of DD was good? Try the red one? Sure serpent society thing was so hamfisted, but, for like 27 issues it was good.

And Flash, Waid wrote some of the best Flash stories, his Wally West is still great.
>>
>>83977556
Call the columns "Optimistic vs. Pessimistic" or something like that. I understood what you meant but you really need something that can't be misunderstood as "these writers are good examples, these writers are bad" because "list good things vs. bad things" is a much more common 4chan image chart thing than "list good things vs. good things."
>>
>>83978165
but how can he? when OP is fag
>>
>>83978535
The best way to get rid of people like OP is to give them a chance to be prove they aren't a complete idiot memer. They either run away from the challenge or they end up making complete asses of themselves.
Looks like this one decided to run away and now the board have gotten rid of him.
>>
>>83977303
>not switching Moore and Ellis

piss off
>>
>>83977598
>When I think of Millar I think of movies
Anon please
>>
>>83977303
I know Grant Morrison, Alan Moore, Warren Ellis, Neil Gaiman, Mark Waid, Frank Miller, Garth Ennis, and Gail Simone. Who are the other 2?
>>
>>83981416
Millar and Bennett
>>
This thread is negative.
>>
>>83981416
Guy who wrote Kick-Ass, Wanted, Nemesis, Civil War and shit. Girl who wrote DC Bombshells, Insexts and Forever Evil origin of Joker's Daughter.
>>
>>83977700
This movie reallys sucks, but the part of the perfect asshole gave a why boner.
>>
>>83977303
>Positive/Negative

What the fuck does that even mean? Writers I like vs writers I don't? This is stupid.
>>
Who are the people in OP's picture?

I don't read comic books.
>>
>>83982828
Then go back to /tv/.
>>
>>83982696
Execution over ideas

but I think Millar is good when doing straight superhero stuff, don't know if he belongs there
>>
>>83982828
get out of here normie
>>
>>83977303
While Waid is no Gaiman I think it's pretty unfair to put him on the negative side with all those other hacks. The dude has put out some amazing work over a very long career, even if his time in Marvel has been disappointing.

His DC and Boom stuff is almost all good to amazing quality.
>>
File: 1445385887732.jpg (1 MB, 1345x1345) Image search: [Google]
1445385887732.jpg
1 MB, 1345x1345
>>83977861
Of course I didn't read those comics. /co/ already warned me not to read them. What kind of fool do you take me for?
>>
>>83983082
>couple of runs that aren't complete trash
>/c-co/ is retarded these guys are literary masters, man
Yeah okay bruv.
>>
>>83983082
People hate Ennis and Miller?
>>
>>83982852
>>83982931
Stop bullying me and answer the question.
>>
>>83983184
>In order

Grant Morrison - Mark Millar
Alan Moore - Warren Ellis
Neil Gaiman - Mark Waid
Frank Miller - Garth Ennis
Gail Simone - idk

Also, putting Gail Simone as something good? Shame on you, OP
>>
>>83983082
The thing about Millar is that he can put out some really good stuff, but only when he gives a fuck (which is rarely). Same kinda thing with Bendis.
Miller was one of the greats, but 9/11 broke him and took all his talent. Leob is the same kinda situation, but the death of his son instead of 9/11. I've heard his work on the Color series is great though.

IDK why Ennis is on the list.
>>
>>83983082
>>83983160
I don't really give a fuck to care, but Ennis' Preacher was edgy trash that barely made any sense.
>>
>>83983303
>Gail Simone - idk
I think the one on the right is Babs Tarr, from the new Batgirl series.
>>
>>83983303
>>83983484
It's Marguerite Bennet, the one with unsolicited views on Israel.
>>
>>83983303
>>83983484
It's Marguerite Bennett
>>
>>83977303

Gail Simone wasn't as bad as Bennet but for a different reason. I never really thought of her as a radfem or complete tumblrtard like Bennett. At worst I always thought she was just a raging fujoshit who just allowed the feminism bullshit to be tacked onto her so she could cement herself on DC's payroll and have all her ships made real and no one to stop her. Granted that's still shit but Bennett is a whole different case of shit writer that goes beyond fujoshits.
>>
>>83977447
>Who the hell do you think I am
My name is Kamina and my drill is the drill that'll pierce through the Heavens!
>>
>>83983387
Edgy
>>
>>83978091

Yeah if we narrowed it down to just individual works that illustrate these points, and then clarify whether "postive/negative" refers to the quality of the work or just the overall tone of the story towards superheroes, that would make it more of a useful chart rather than just bait.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.