[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they wait 12 years to do this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Roger_Luan,_The_Jungle_Movie,_1.jpg (730 KB, 1050x657) Image search: [Google]
Roger_Luan,_The_Jungle_Movie,_1.jpg
730 KB, 1050x657
Why did they wait 12 years to do this?
>>
>>83976241
Because the suppose TV movie became the actual movie and it flopped.
>>
I don't get why people want this movie so much since it would end up being 'meh' like most animated sequels, but okay
>>
Contract issues. I'm just glad it's happening.
>>
>>83976300
Closure. It doesn't matter if it's shit. It's an end to things.
>>
>>83978473
>Closure. It doesn't matter if it's shit. It's an end to things.

But that defeats the whole point of the episode where Grandpa tells Arnold about his parents.

It ended with the fact that they'd never know, but to take comfort in knowing that they loved him. It was sad, but realistic.

Now we're just gonna get some shit.
>>
>>83978931
so his parents are dead right? like they died on safari or somethin?
>>
>>83978931
Nigga, it ended with Arnold finding a map. The Journal episodes were made to tie in the movie.
>>
>>83978931
I agree that the Journal episode was solid closure, but I don't think it's necessarily what the audience wants. I didn't necessarily appreciate the type of closure the Journal episode brought to that aspect of Arnold's life when I first saw it as a kid. I'm sure most kids would want to see Arnold take off on a harrowing adventure through the jungles of South America to find his long lost parents on the big screen.

I'm not against the movie, as long as they do it well. The pencil tests were very promising back in the day. I can only hope they put as much heart into the film as was originally intended.
>>
>>83976241
Craig wanted it, the execs didn't, go figure
>>
>>83976241
To bank on nostalgia.
>>
>>83976300
Its not over until they fuck.
>>
File: tumblr_nzmy2ui4341so18vqo2_500.gif (1 MB, 480x260) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzmy2ui4341so18vqo2_500.gif
1 MB, 480x260
Dude, Alfred Molina is voicing the villain.
>>
>>83976241
So when is this coming out? I may need to shave myself.
>>
>>83980029
Next year.
>>
>>83980096
Well then, i think its time for some deep shaving around my neck then.
>>
>>83976241
Wait, so what are they doing for VAs? All of the kid's voices were done by actual children, right, and it's been over a decade since the show ended.
>>
>>83976258
This, pretty much.

Here's what the Berenstein universe had:
>Arnold Saves The Neighborhood (TV Movie)
>The Journal (Series Finale)
>Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie (Theatrical Movie)
>The Patakis (TeenNick or MTV Series)

And here's what we got in our Berenstain universe:
>Hey Arnold! The Movie (Theatrical Movie)
>The Journal (Series Finale, save for a few unaired episodes)
TWELVE YEARS LATER:
>Hey Arnold! The Jungle Movie (TV Movie)

I don't want to live on Earth-33-Berenstain anymore.
>>
>>83981289
They announced a cast listing a week ago or so. A great portion of the original cast is returning, but the original voices of Arnold and Gerald aren't reprising those roles. They'll be in the movie, but in other roles.

Gimme a minute and I'll go find the cast list.
>>
>>83981426
Here we go: https://variety.com/2016/tv/news/hey-arnold-the-jungle-movie-nickelodeon-revival-2017-1201794474/

>Original voice actors Francesca Marie Smith will return as Helga; Anndi McAfee as Phoebe; Justin Shenkarow as Harold; Olivia Hack as Rhonda; Nika Futterman as Olga; Dan Butler as Mr. Simmons; “The Simpsons” vet Dan Castellaneta as Grandpa; Tress MacNeille as Grandma; Antoinette Stella as Stella; Carlos Alazraqui as Eduardo; Dom Irrera as Ernie; Maurice LaMarche as Bob Pataki; Kath Soucie as Miriam; Danielle Judovits as Big Patty; Danny Cooksey as Stoop Kid; Jim Belushi as Coach Wittenberg; and Craig Bartlett as Miles.

>Arnold, and many of the kid characters from the original cartoon, will be voiced by new actors. Mason Vale Cotton will play the title character; Benjamin “L’il P-Nut” Flores Jr. will voice Gerald; Gavin Lewis as Eugene; Jet Jurgensmeyer as Stinky; Aiden Lewandowski as Sid; Laya Hayes as Nadine; Nicolas Cantu as Curly; Wally Wingert as Oskar; and Stephen Stanton as Pigeon Man.

>The original voice of Arnold, Lane Toran, and the original voice of Gerald, Jamil Smith, will lend their voices to several other roles.

>Alfred Molina joins that cast as the resident villain, Lasombra, an infamous river pirate operating from a secret compound in the jungles of San Lorenzo.
>>
>>83976300
We got some closure, like we did with the Ed Edd n Eddy TV movie.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.