[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was an explanation ever given for this performance?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
Was an explanation ever given for this performance?
>>
>>83971946

He's the same level of sociopathic hatred for Superman and disdain for humanity in general that comics Lex has, minus the buckets of charisma that comics Lex can hide those flaws under.

I didn't have a problem with his performance.
>>
>>83971970
/thread
>>
File: Lex Luthors Masterplan.jpg (654 KB, 902x1100) Image search: [Google]
Lex Luthors Masterplan.jpg
654 KB, 902x1100
>>83971946
Snyder is a hack.

The fuck more do you want?
>>
>>83972534
meme
>>
>>83971946
Just good old fashioned "bad casting."
>>
>>83971946
I believe the rumor was that contact with Darkseid was driving him insane, like some kind of Lovecraftian old god.

We'll know when the director's cut comes out.
>>
>>83971946
He thought Lex Luthor is the Joker because he's a asshole actor that doesn't listen to anyone but himself.
>>
>>83971970
Besides his motivation making zero fucking sense.

>aliens are too powerful and dangerous
>So fuck Superman
>going to make my own powerful alien that I can't control

The fuck was his end game?!
>>
>>83971946
BOYS MMMMM
>>
File: Fuck Cinema Blend's Website.png (32 KB, 605x207) Image search: [Google]
Fuck Cinema Blend's Website.png
32 KB, 605x207
>>83971946
>There’s an emotional core to the character. It’s not a silly villainous character. It is an entirely different thing. Also, the tone of that [Superman] movie is so different. Like, that movie wouldn’t be made now. Like, the way we expect movies to be now is to have some kind of – I mean, it’s probably for the best – there’s some kind of psychological accuracy. That the person is coming from a place probably diagnosable in some way.
>>
>>83971946

What really bugs me is that none of the characters ever just go

>"dude, why you acting like such a little faggot?"
>>
I'd like to say that at best he was Joker pretending to be Lex, but both characters have a degree of charisma to them and Eisen just didn't.
>>
>>83971946
He's a lousy actor and a hack.
>>
>>83971970
>Ding ding ding ding ding... ding ding ding ding ding.... ding ding ding ding.
Saw it openning night, everyone in the teather laughed. I remember an old guy saying "what a dissapointment" and a dudebro/geek in his early 20s saying "CHILL OUT PEOPLE THIS WAS NOT A MARVEL MOVIE, THIS WAS ACTUALLY GOOD".
>Tfw liked about 70% of the movie, but dont want to be associated with this retarded fanbase that idolize it as its flawless.
>>
>>83973037
>CHILL OUT PEOPLE THIS WAS NOT A MARVEL MOVIE, THIS WAS ACTUALLY GOOD
Ironically, Civil War had the two characters and sides fight in a way that made sense for both the story and character arcs, brought together a universe naturally instead of trying to explode one out of it, brought up "philosophical" questions in a non-pretentious and more meaningful way (Scarlet Witch's vs Vision's views on fear, who should have the right to govern, etc.), and had symbolism WAY more subtly and meaningfully (Pepper hating Tony after he expects her to forgive him after resuiting for the 1000th time turns out to not just be writing her out of the movie but a reference to expecting the audience to buy yet another Tony Stark redemption song before turning him straight-up villain).
Of course fanboys from either side refuse to acknowledge strengths/faults between either film. I think most actual comic fans were hopeful for both instead of just nonsensically rooting for some huge company.
>>
Lex was a stereotype mad scientist for a long time. People kept asking, "dude why doesn't he just use his inventions and intelligence to make ungodly money the honest way?" So he did, and they made him into a billionaire. Only, the modern perception of a billionaire is completely different from what it was when they reimagined Lex. People don't picture a suave charismatic executive type anymore, they picture either an old racist hedge fund manager or a late-20's internet billionaire nerd. For this film, they went with the second one.
>>
>>83972664

To kill Superman.

This is always Lex's motivation.
>>
>>83973225

The other versions of Lex in the movies was as a real estate mogul who wanted to control that resource.

This version of Lex was an arms dealer.
>>
>>83973037
There's no movie worth seeing on opening night when other people will be there to shit up the experience.
>>
>>83972664

his motivation of hating superman makes perfect sense.

the doomsday thing was the result of his hubris, he thought he could control it, or at the very least talk to it (as seen when the computer tries to warn him that it will turn into a giant monster)
>>
>>83972534
meme
>>
>>83973225
this lex was pretty mad scientist man, where did you get the billionaire nerd shit? What does he do thats nerdy? He is a mad scientist through and through, even giving mad scientist speeches to anyone that will listen.
>>
File: that feel when mixed reviews.jpg (109 KB, 600x687) Image search: [Google]
that feel when mixed reviews.jpg
109 KB, 600x687
>>83971946
he was testing for the part of Jimmy Olsen, and Zack Snyder came along and said, "Lol, SO TROLL XD I CHANGE THE LE SHIT" and decided to make Eisenberg play the role of Luthor, even though Eisenberg didn't know anything about Lex and wasn't auditioning for that role. Snyder thought it would be great for him to sperg out and shit because he didn't know anything about Lex and Snyder thought that would make his performance amazing or something

He was complete dog shit
>>
>>83974448
this, every other answer is wrong.

that little retarded untalented jew plays the same character in every movie he's in, in bvs he just happened to be called lex luthor
>>
>>83971946
He was doing a Max Landis impression. I have no idea why they'd thought that'd be a good idea for Lex Luther but Max Landis must be awful to be around.
>>
>>83971970
This
>>
There was nothing wrong with his performance, he did exactly what the script and movie called for
>>
>>83977014

You're on drugs, he was in an entirely different movie. The rest of the cast were dour one-note lumps of clay and while he breakdanced into every scene like he had just come out of the Schumacher films.

I liked his performance but let's not pretend it fit anything else going on in the film. Eisenberg just didn't give a shit and decided if no one else was going to have some fun, he would.
>>
He was the sole interesting thing in the movie.
>>
File: BzS.jpg (1 MB, 1400x1338) Image search: [Google]
BzS.jpg
1 MB, 1400x1338
>>83971946
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/25/batman-v-superman-jimmy-olsen
>>
>>83971946
Max Landis impersonation. Apparently.
>>
>>83971946
Modern day Lex that hates Superman. No Superboy so no hair loss. Triggered by PTSD of his father's abuse so acts weirdly when things remind him of it.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.