[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why isn't Professor Zoom and The Rogues as popular as Batman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6
File: 1464311934715.png (244 KB, 298x380) Image search: [Google]
1464311934715.png
244 KB, 298x380
Why isn't Professor Zoom and The Rogues as popular as Batman or Superman villains?
They are definitely top tier.
>>
>>83968812
Maybe cause just in the last two years the Flash is getting mainstream appeal, retard.

Fuck, you're dumb.
>>
>>83968812
Flash didn't have a tv show in the 60s.
>>
>>83968812
Because except for Grodd they're all just pallet swaps of Batman and Superman villains,
>>
>>83968812
Because The Flash isn't even half as popular as Batman or Superman
>>
>>83968812
Fewer TV shows and movies.
>>
>>83969367
Who is Zoom/RF?
>>
File: Dr_sheldon_cooper.jpg (40 KB, 250x414) Image search: [Google]
Dr_sheldon_cooper.jpg
40 KB, 250x414
>>83969435
But Zimbabwe man is super popular with the general public
>>
>>83969367
Who is Zoom?
Who is Captain cold?
>>
Because they aren't top tier

the rogues aren't a legitimate threat to the flash, theyre like toyman vs superman, its ridiculous. and reverse flash is just a carbon copy of flash. He can be an interesting character but the fact that his powers and suit are the same just really make him less iconically powerful.

I think they should've kept the rogues with powers from new 52, captain cold seemed like a more legit threat when he had powers instead of a gun, and those powers made a nice counterpoint to the flash's speed
>>
>>83969367
Who is Mirror Master?
Who is The Paid Piper?
Who is Captain Motherfucing Boomerang?
>>
>>83968812
>60s Batman
>BTAS
>all those live action Batman movies
>Arkham trilogy

Yes, why aren't Flash villains as popular as Batman villains.
>>
>>83969367
And with a few exceptions all batman's villains are the same guy; faggot with brain problems that got his face messed up in an accident.
>>
>>83969995
Why is batman shilled so much more than good capes like The flash or Shazam.
>>
Flash has the best rogues galleries of any DC character other than Batman. Considering how popular Batman is, it makes sense that he's been so developed. The fact that Flash has a better set of villains than say Aquaman or Wonder Woman, despite not being as extremely popular as Batman or even Superman says a lot about the great writers the series has over the years, particularly in the silver age.
Not to say that they are as fleshed out as Batmans gallery.
>>
Because they're not Batman villains.
>>
File: Flash-Trickster-Flash[1].jpg (313 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Flash-Trickster-Flash[1].jpg
313 KB, 1280x720
>>83969336
>>83969297

Flash had a TV show in the 90s.
>>
>>83970564
You mean one that nobody cares about
>>
File: zoomtrig.png (133 KB, 315x314) Image search: [Google]
zoomtrig.png
133 KB, 315x314
>>83969845
>reverse flash is just a carbon copy of flash
>>
>>83969845
>It's ridiculous
>This is a bad thing
Holy fuck, get out.
>>
>>83970667
It's okay, Anon. We all know Eobard Thawne could never be Barry Allen.
>>
>>83970667
It's true though.
Professor Zoom is the one with time powers not Reverse Flash.

Reverse Flash is literally the reverse of the flash that's his entire thing.
>>
Because he is just a yellow flash and many of the rogues are just guys with ranged weapons like guns, wands and boomerangs; but each guy has a different theme.

Quite honestly, they are saved through characterization, but as far as character design, they suck. Cold guy, hot guy, mirror guy, weather guy, boomerang guy, prank guy and the talking gorilla and then the costumes.
>>
>>83968812
Because he's just not popular enough and I doubt people think "guy who runs fast" is as interesting as "guy with crazy gadgets and ninja moves" and "guy who can do nearly anything"

>>83970206
>implying Batman isn't good
The other heroes just aren't shilled as hard because they didn't have as good reception, at least not as quickly. So Batman gets more Batman and everybody else gets less

>>83970941
Stop. Reverse Flash describes: The Rival, Professor Zoom (Eobard Thawne), Zoom (Hunter Zolomon), Inertia, and Reverse Flash (Daniel West).

Zoom is the one with time powers, and kind of Reverse Flash as well
>>
>>83971584
The only reason they don't have as good a reception is because they aren't shilled as much.
>>
>>83971624
But how do you convince WB that shilling other characters is worth it? Convince them that people like diversity and that people will pay for crazy shit like Firestorm? Would WB go for the risk or just tell you to fuck off and then shill more Batman?
>>
>>83968812
Because they aren't as well known, and for some reason people laugh at Flash villains' ridiculousness while lauding the Batvillains' ridiculousness.
>>
>>83968812
Cause Flash ain't Batman.
Plus Professor Zoom is an awful name.
>>
>>83971400
Keep in mind that the Rogues generally have gimmicks which counteract or match the Flash's speed in some way. They aren't just random gimmicks.
>>
>implying Batman's whole rouges gallery isn't just Reverse Flash in different outfits.
>>
>>83971400
But Batman has: Clown guy, clay guy, plant girl, cat girl, strong guy, cold guy, and the guy with half a face
>>
File: gs.jpg (69 KB, 459x640) Image search: [Google]
gs.jpg
69 KB, 459x640
>>83971783
Godspeed is dope as a villain name. hope to see it in the movie, but maybe it's probably too soon to have speedforce storm
>>
>>83971854
>Martha's dead
>I checked.
>>
Batman had the serials and TV shows and is a far better character than someone who just runs fast

He has also been the same guy. You have at least 3 Flashes to choose from
>>
>>83972147
Hell, Flash puts three Flashes in the same living room.
>>
>>83969530
So? If you wore that shirt in public people are probably more likely to think it's a Sheldon shirt than a Flash shirt
>>
>>83972092
>IT WAS ME, BRUCE
>I WAS THE ROBBER
>I SHOT YOUR MOM
>WHO WAS ALSO ME
>>
>>83972400
If it has the red background instead of white, people are more likely to think it's a Flash shirt
>>
>>83970206
They tried, they tried.....and now they're trying again. So good for flash fans! Be happy!
>>
File: TXnlB1P[1].png (63 KB, 788x810) Image search: [Google]
TXnlB1P[1].png
63 KB, 788x810
>>83972147
>Batman is a far better character than someoen who just runs fast
HAHAHAHA
Who let this casual from /tv/ in here?
>>
>>83972698
>They tried
When? Literally when nigger?
>inb4 the 90s flash tv show
>>
Because "Mental Illnesses and character flaws" are easier to play with and be interesting than "Science" when you want to use the same characters in adaptations with vastly different tones. The first are built around particular personality traits, the seconds around gimmicks.

The Joker is a M A D M A N, which you can interpret as Romero's silly fun or Ledger's anarchist You can have the scenery chewing narcissist and ego monster of Gorshin, and then easily have your mastermind and clever detective of Hush and beyond.

But with Captain Cold, you'll always have to be the blue collar criminal that use cold, which will always be, at best, inherently silly, or downright stupid (remember the script with Snart as a hitman?).

I'm not saying that they couldn't be used as effectively. But at this point, the core of Batman's rogues gallery has been a staple of pop culture for 50 years, and adapted in tons of ways. The Rogues can't compete with that exposure.
>>
>>83968812
They never really focused on the Flash. In Justice League and Young Justice they barely gave any real attention to Flash and his Rogues Gallery. Only until the CW series, and I guess the upcoming DC Extended Universe film are they really put him out there.
>>
>>83974421
Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman were the main focuses of Justice League, and the team from Young Justice were the focus there. Besides things like the Flash Museum episode, his death leading to the Justice Lords, stopping Brainiac Luthor, and that Flash family team up in Young Justice he's more of a supporting role than anything.
>>
All he wants to do is a zoom a zoom zoom in your boom boom
>>
>>83974421
Justice League had that one great episode. "Flash and Substance" that focused on Flash's world. We got the Rogues, the Flash Museum and Linda Park.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkTV08A5f7Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd4XhCvqcuk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Pq4d7XDNhc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJq2PAI-Fxc
>>
>>83969845
You realize them having powers literally didn't affect how powerful they were, right? They were just as powerful with the guns. It was just an editorial mandated change.

Nothing about their capabilities changed. Cold arguably got weaker because his cold field didn't actually stop Flash anymore.
>>
>>83973550
Batman has far more great comics than Flash and it's not even close. Greatness begets more books and popularity and The Flash was always playing fourth fiddle to the trinity who didn't need a revival or 5 to stay relevant.
>>
>>83974669
Yes, but that's 1 episode (maybe two if you count the Great Brain Robbery) that focused on Flash in the entire series. That's literally 1/5th the amount or less every core member besides J'onn got.

They had nothing for The Flash besides a few cool moments and a single great episode.
>>
>>83974954
It is a shame looking back at what could have been.
>>
>>83974877
Cold was also significantly less experienced and seemed a lot more stupid in the reboot. It was a downgrade for him.
>>
"Mirror Master? Sounds gay."
>>
>>83974669
I really wish we could've gotten a Flash animated series at some point. He was always my favorite part of Justice League/Unlimited.
>>
>>83975251
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>83971882

With much more appealing and marketable character designs, not like for example, Mr Burka or Asbestos Suit.
>>
>>83968812
Because despite what Flashfags say just to be different those characters mostly suck.
>>
>>83975960
Captain Boomerang.
>>
Flashfags are fucking pathetic.

>I-if only DC pushed Flash as hard as they did Batman, I just know he would not only surpass him but become the most marketable DC property ever.

In your dreams, maybe.
>>
>>83976832

>Wellsobard not a recent favorite villain on tv
>>
>>83976832
It's just annoying how they only care about popoularity.
Not about quality or anything just about being the most famous.

They also tend to ignore all the times WB tried to push him thus proving that they didn't push him because no one cared.

It's the same kind of people that dismiss Lois & Clark, Smallville, GTAS, the GL movie and Superman Returns etc. and say that WB has only ever pushed Batman as if they wouldn't try to have more stuff that they can sell instead of less.

>>83976859
For memes, also you should try looking at the actual ratings of those shows
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.