[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE POPULARITY OF REBIRTH CONTINUES AS DC ANNOUNCES MORE #1'S
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4
File: rebirthgroup.jpg (225 KB, 1436x758) Image search: [Google]
rebirthgroup.jpg
225 KB, 1436x758
http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/06/21/the-popularity-of-rebirth-continues-as-dc-announces-more-1s-for-second-printing

>AQUAMAN #1, THE FLASH #1, WONDER WOMAN #1, AND LEGACY NUMBERED ACTION COMICS #958 AND DETECTIVE COMICS #935 ALL TO RECEIVE 2ND PRINT RUN DUE TO INCREDIBLE FAN DEMAND

>BURBANK, CA – DC’s REBIRTH line-wide relaunch continues to be a huge hit with fans, as more issues from the June title lineup head into their second printings. The following new issue #1’s will be going back to print: AQUAMAN #1 (Dan Abnett, Brad Walker, Andrew Hennessey, Gabe Eltaeb), THE FLASH #1 (Joshua Williamson, Carmine Di Giandomenico, Ivan Plascencia), WONDER WOMAN #1 (Greg Rucka, Liam Sharp, Laura Martin) and legacy numbered ACTION COMICS #958 (Dan Jurgens, Patrick Zircher, Ulises Arreola) and DETECTIVE COMICS #935 (James Tynion IV, Eddy Barrows, Eber Ferreira, Adriano Lucas).

>Spinning out of Geoff Johns’ DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH #1, these titles continue this new universe of storytelling featuring the most iconic characters in comics and the best writers and artists in the business. More titles are scheduled to debut now through October, with many of them appearing on shelves twice monthly, so fans will continue to get more of the excitement and action that’s made DC a fan-favorite for more than 80 years.

>Each second printing will feature the comic’s original cover art but will replace the blue curtain image with recolored REBIRTH banners at the top. These issues will arrive in comic retail stores July 20 at the original $2.99 cover price.

Marvel BTFO
>>
>>83967497
>>AQUAMAN #1, THE FLASH #1, WONDER WOMAN #1, AND LEGACY NUMBERED ACTION COMICS #958 AND DETECTIVE COMICS #935 ALL TO RECEIVE 2ND PRINT RUN DUE TO INCREDIBLE FAN DEMAND
That's really impressive considering they aren't even out yet
>>
>>83967524
woah........ so this........ is the power........ of DC Rebirth.
>>
>>83967497
I have the fear that Rebirth will eventually just be derailed and ruined by bad editorial and the shitty writes who still work at DC. The characters are getting rebooted but the same problem people are around.
>>
This all reads like common comics industry shortsightedness.

This is working for the first issue out of the gate it isn't a new thing and also isn't a new thing for DC. The comics they are running from the New 52 did pretty good for #1's and #2's

When DC is still on top after 3 months is when you know this has partially stuck.
>>
>>83967868
Apparently johns is meeting with everyone once a week to try and make sure what happened with new 52 doesnt happen here
>>
This is a good time to be a DC fan again.

They're getting their comics back on track and soon enough they will get their movies back on track as well. Bless.
>>
>>83967942
Well that's good to hear.
>>
File: Confused Riddler.jpg (31 KB, 387x302) Image search: [Google]
Confused Riddler.jpg
31 KB, 387x302
>>83967524
>>
Pls DC kill Bendis
>>
>>83967497
Marvel and Bendis in shambles

have yet to even hear about any civil war records
>>
File: wut.jpg (16 KB, 406x347) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
16 KB, 406x347
>>83967524
>>
>>83968094
Based Cereal Lord does it again.
>>
I hope they relaunch next year too
>>
>>83967524
Probably means the Rebirth one shots. Those were number 1s too.
>>
>>83967906
According to some LCS Rebirth is selling even better than New 52 #1's did (50%+ better) and people putting DC titles on their on-going pull lists has increased insane amounts.
>>
>>83967497
Didn't we just have a rebirth and a bunch of #1's a couple years ago? Does this keep happening every couple years?
>>
>>83967524
>>83968416
The Rebirth oneshots have all already gotten 2nd and 3rd printings. They're talking about tomorrows #1's here. Just means that they sold out on the distributor level already.
>>
>>83968475
DC haven't had a line wide relaunch since the New52 5 years ago.
>>
>>83968511
>New52 5 years ago.

Fuck has it been that long already?
>>
>>83968222
Here you go.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/06/15/black-panther-and-widow-get-third-printings-dc-rebirth-and-civil-war-get-seconds/

Civil War II #2 second print
Poe Dameron #3 second print
Black Widow #1 third print
Black Widow #2 and #3 second print
Black Panther #1 third print

No one reports the Marvel ones here though because they're not trying to win an imaginary war with DC.
>>
>>83968475
New 52 5 years ago, various waves between that and DCYou. And DCYou was exactly a year ago.
>>
>>83968524
Time flies when you're having fun.

I think this relaunch works because DC never made it a habit of constantly relaunching their line up like Marvel did, so when DC finally does it things don't feel like old hat.
>>
File: [Spoons Rattling].jpg (23 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
[Spoons Rattling].jpg
23 KB, 500x350
>>83968536
Marvel is finished, right guys?
>>
>>83968536
we did it /co/
>>
Why does second printings deserve a thread?
>>
>>83968598
Bury it. Consider this mercy.
>>
>>83968644
COMPANY WARS
O
M
P
A
N
Y

W
A
R
S
>>
>>83968536
DELETE THIS
>>
>>83968536
>No one reports the Marvel ones here though because they're not trying to win an imaginary war with DC.

You have to remember that comic book readers have very short memories and don't remember that all these mega relaunches all ways are front heavy. We've been over this a million times with people getting giddy when #1's sell a bunch.
>>
>>83967942

That's good
>>
>>83968093

I wouldn't hold your breath on that second part. But yeah the comics have been surprisingly good.
>>
>>83968536
Marvel has 5 books getting reprints
Damn near every DC book is being reprinted
>>
>>83968922
You mean the ones with "#1" in the title
>>
I can't fucking wait to get to Action #1000. It's going to be the Y2K of comics and crash everyone's inventory systems.

>>83967868
Who's getting rebooted? The whole problem with New 52 was half the writers thought it was some kind of reimagining and some thought it was just a status quo change.

Now everyone is on the same page.
>>
>>83968962
Yea and how many has that been
>>
>>83968970
How many pages will it be
100?
>>
>>83968093
I'm totally done with comic movies, they can all go to hell for all I care.

Comics though, things are really good.

I know Marvel fans are used to putting up with some really retarded things but I feel genuinely bad for them right now with how everything is either getting ruined by editorial controversy mandates, moviefag pandering or shitty Cult of Kate Leth writers.

You know things are bad when one of your best ongoing is fucking Deadpool.
>>
>>83968475
Have you not noticed that Marvel now has more than one relaunch per year?
>>
>>83969042
100 pages would be Spectacular.
>>
>>83967497
Where were you lads when DC saved Capeshit?
>>
>>83969457
Feels super, man.
>>
>>83968475
Kill yourself
>>
>>83968922
I can't remember how many reprintings there are for Spider-man/Deadpool at this point. I recall Ms. Marvel #1 went to seven at least
>>
>>83969457
>yfw marvel sells more than them two months from now because dc blew their load in June and July
worst part of doube shipping is people drop things two months in cause 4 issues already came out
>>
>>83969457
I didn't know raping the Watchmen comics that criticized the very-thing DC is doing right now meant capeshit is saved
>>
>>83969984
There are always winners and losers when DC does a reconfiguring of their continuity. This time out, the losers are the Watchmen and possibly New 52 Superman, if he were not to return, anyway.
>>
>>83969145
It would be Ultimate.
>>
>>83968186
Soon.
>>
>>83967942
That explains why everything has been so on point then.
>>
Is there like a proper reading list out there for everything starting from N52

Like you never know what to read. You could be reading Green Lantern issue 52 and the story is continued in Red Lanterns 53 or Superman 24
>>
>>83967524
The distributors have gotten enough people pulling them/reserving them that they're asking for more than they already printed, basically.
>>
>>83974297
books will let you know if the story is continued in another book.
>continued in red lanterns #10 etc
if you're looking to get into comics don't do what I did a few years ago when I started by starting with green lantern since you're gotta start with johns run which is pre-flashpoint. pick a character that started fresh with the new52 then once you're more familiar with the way comis/the dc world works go back and read older stuff.
>>
@83968475
Weakest #1s bait and people will keep biting.
>>
im reading aquaman now theres a few things that dont quite add up but im guessing those are retcons rather then the writers forgeting about them.
its fairly good cant wait for the storytime
>>
>>83968962
>#958
>#935
That doesn't look like #1 to me.
>>
>>83967497
>>Each second printing will feature the comic’s original cover art but will replace the blue curtain image with recolored REBIRTH banners at the top

Hype for the 2nd printings dead
>>
>>83967497
can't stump the DC
>>
>>83969077
don't be. I moved to DC. I'm done with marlel
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.