[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Fox in Space
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
What does /co/ think of the animation A Fox in Space by Matthew Gafford?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uieM18rZdHY
>>
way better than that CGI shot nintendo made for Star Fox Zero.
Dig the retro aesthetic and the voice acting.
>>
>>83966029
short*
>>
>>83965773
Episode 2 fucking when
>>
It's alright. Guy did that Wolf and Leon voice terrificly. Now we wait probably a decade for episode 2.
>>
>>83966063
Apparently it took a year solo done sporadically, so with assistance and it being a full time thing I'd say about 3 years. I'm fucking with you, I don't know.
>>
>>83965773
That was actually much better than I expected it to be.
>>
It was better than it had any right to be.
>>
>>83965773
Nearly as good as the expensive Star Fox Zero cartoon that Nintendo released to advertise the game.

>80's voice acting
>good jokes with comedic timing
>nice plot setup
>god-tier intro
>great musical score
>great 80's animation
>>
A neat idea that I am sure will be driven to the ground by a fanbase full of faggotry.
>>
>>83965773
/co/ likes it. There were countless threads made with the majority liking it.

I am so hyped for episode 2.
>>
>>83966962
Episode two has a team behind it as well. So it shouldn't be that long of a hiatus between episodes.
>>
>>83965773
Better than every Star Fox game after 64. Yes, especially Adventures and Assault, Krystalfags. Fuck you and your Bafomdads.
>>
>>83967077
God-tier:
>Star Fox 64 (and 3DS remake)

Great-tier:
>Star Fox SNES
>Star Fox Zero

Good-tier
>Star Fox Assault
>Star Fox Command

Shit-tier
>Star Fox Adventures
>>
>>83966695
>80's voice acting
>great 80's animation
70s, actually. This is way more Ralph Bakshi than Filmation .
>>
>>83967417

>Command
>Good

the only good part of that game was the F-Zero ending.
>>
>>83965773
I don't know shit about Star Fox and I still loved it.
>>
>>83967666
Funny, I originally typed out 70's only to second guess myself and replace it with 80's.

>>83967717
Eh, it was an interesting twist on the Star Fox series. It wasn't as bad as Adventures, hence why I kept it in the good-tier label.
>>
I found it dull, I really didn't care for the more obnoxious aspects like the humor "metal legs, amirite?" That and it was clearly released to capitalize on people not liking Zero.
>>
>>83967866
>I found it dull, I really didn't care for the more obnoxious aspects like the humor "metal legs, amirite?"

While it was an easy joke to make, it has always had a place in the series. The characters were originally drawn (SNES era) with metal legs due to the G-Force pressure they would receive and how the blood would pool in their legs.

Nintendo since has changed that the characters have normal legs.
>>
>>83967866
>it was clearly released to capitalize on people not liking Zero.
You do realize this has been in the making for like seven years now, right? I don't really think he started this out with the intention of making fun of a game that wasn't even in production at the time.
>>
It isn't exactly the characters i had pictured in my head, but they fit. Wolf's especially.

I liked it. Wonder if James will be in it at some point, flashback style.
>>
>>83965773
loved it

i don't care if it takes him a billion years either
>>
File: 1463372368681s.jpg (6 KB, 197x250) Image search: [Google]
1463372368681s.jpg
6 KB, 197x250
>>83965773
Fox sounds like he has braces on.
>>
File: tumblr_m8657fBYPs1qbf2djo2_500.png (203 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8657fBYPs1qbf2djo2_500.png
203 KB, 500x382
>>83967417
>leaving out Star Fox 2
>>
>>83968377
Never officially released by Nintendo, that is why I didn't include it.

To appease your question, I would rate it in the Great-Tier category.
>>
I like how the voices are based on the "bep-be-beh-beh-bep-be-behhb" from the first game.
>>
Well this first episode was done mostly be the Matthew Gafford in terms of animation. However he said he now has more animators working with him so ep 2 should be done much sooner than the time it took to make ep 1. You can read his updates and see his livestreams here.

http://a-fox-in-space.tumblr.com
>>
>>83967417
Star Fox 64 had great dialogue for a fucking N64 game
>>
>>83967077
I thnk you mean Bophades.
>>
>>83965773
I fucking love it. My favorite fan-made thing to come out recently.
>>
>>83968653
No, it was god awful.
Even as a kid I knew how corny it was, but that was part of the charm.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.