[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
state of the GotG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: STL013418.jpg (525 KB, 1200x1847) Image search: [Google]
STL013418.jpg
525 KB, 1200x1847
>The good news: The shit writers are all gone and Bendis might follow them too on their way out.
The bad news: All Annihilation era creators are gone as well

With both old guard and new guard gone. This is the franchise with the most uncertain future at Marvel. Who's big enough to keep the sales of the main book if Bendis leaves? (Because that's what Marvel is going to be looking for when picking his sucessor) If Bendis stays, who can be good enough to write a good Star-Lord book AND play teammates with him?

Also it seems Venom will leave after Civil War II. Most likely to be replaced by Mantis in preparation of Vol 2.
>>
>>83965571
>Bendis universe
>salvageable
>>
>>83965571
Bendis is definitely staying on. This shit is too easy for him
It gets even worse when you realize Nova won't ever come back either.
>>
>>83965571
I hope Bendis leaves

But Spencer is apparently almost done with Antman so I can see marvel moving him up and pushing him where Bendis was or beside Bendis
>>
Dammit, if only Spencer had let Jack live.
>>
>>83965571
Source for this? I would love Venom going back to Earth. I know he's going back for Civil war 2, but is he staying there?
>>83965763
Who says he's dead? Unless they show a body, a guy with super strength could probably survive that fall.
>>
>>83965571
The problem is bigger than Bendis, it's that because of the success of the film, Marvel wants this to basically be a comedy franchise. And that kind of comedy doesn't work as well when you don't have likable actors delivering the lines.
>>
>>83965571
>Who's big enough to keep the sales of the main book if Bendis leaves?
>implying that any sells the title might have are in any way related to the writer on board, and not the retailers hope in the franchise's popularity thanks to the movie
>further implying that Marvel cares at all about the quality of their stories and what the readers think about it, and not only about how much money they can get from events, reboots and variants from retailers
>finally implying they won't throw it to some shitty new blood they'll try to prop up by desperately trying to convince everyone that my previous two points aren't 100% right.
>>
>>83968032
100% this. Even Giffen or Starlin, hell even Kirby would fail horribly with Marvel's current mindset for them.
>>
>>83965571
Ewing.
>>
>>83970174
Yeah, probably for the best. New Avengers will eventually get cancelled anyways.
>>
File: 1444532449867.jpg (95 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1444532449867.jpg
95 KB, 640x640
Make Starlord great again
>>
>>83971535
how? who can withstand Bendis hits, editorial hits, and write a good book at the same time?
>>
>>83965571
Ewing or Humphries, they don't have that many people since I kinda doubt Abnett will stick around when Infinity is finally cancelled.
>>
>>83972398
Humphries is DC Exclusive.
>>
>>83965571
Peter Quill is dead. I have no interest in watching his Cancerverse counterpart prance around the galaxy, shitting on his memory.
>>
>>83972398
Infinity is already cancelled. Abnett is gone and Humphries is gone too.
>>
File: 1464208635724.jpg (109 KB, 901x883) Image search: [Google]
1464208635724.jpg
109 KB, 901x883
I have no interest in Star Lord or his BLAMPH chronies anymore after being raped by Bendis. Used goods, y'know?
>>
Ewing, with Dustin Weaver on art plz
>>
>>83972648
Is that confirmed? They announced a bunch and he wasn't included
>>
>tommorow morning they announce johns is in charge of cosmic marvel after CW2
Your face when
>>
>>83965571
>Bendis leaving
But how else could he write Jews in space?
>>
>>83973781
Was it good comic? I only remember those character designs and they looked neat.
>>
>>83976052
not really
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.