[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Former Wonder Woman Lynda Carter Confirmed for Major "Supergirl"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11
In its first season, "Supergirl" cast many actors from past DC Comics-based projects in key roles. That tradition will continue in a big way in the show's second season, as The CW has announced that Lynda Carter -- the star of the '70s "Wonder Woman" TV series -- will play the President of the United States on "Supergirl." She's slated to appear in multiple episodes, starting with the third installment of the second season, which will likely air in late October. No further details have yet been released.

Carter's casting is the payoff of previous plans revealed earlier this year by "Supergirl" executive producers Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg. "We had the perfect role for Lynda Carter, and we couldn't work out her schedule," Berlanti told reporters, including CBR News, at a press event this past March. "We're going to do it, we'll just do it next year," Kreisberg added. "She's the female president of the United States," Berlanti then disclosed.

In the first season of "Supergirl," Helen Slater -- the star of the 1984 "Supergirl" feature film -- played Eliza Danvers in multiple episodes. Dean Cain, who played Superman in 1990s TV series "Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman," appeared as Dr. Jeremiah Danvers; and Laura Vandervoort, the Supergirl of "Smallville," played Indigo.

Carter starred as Wonder Woman/Diana Prince for three seasons between 1975 and 1979, a role that stands as one of the most iconic live-action performances of a comic book superhero.

The second season of "Supergirl" is scheduled to premiere Oct. 10 on The CW, switching networks after a first season on CBS.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/former-wonder-woman-lynda-carter-confirmed-major-supergirl-role
>>
>>83962617
>tfw she couldn't find the time to be Hippolyta in the WW movie

That would've been real cute
>>
>>83962617
>will play the President of the United States on "Supergirl."
But by proxy, that must mean she's the president on Arrow and Flash too. Has there ever been mention of the president on either series before?
>>
>>83962656
>But by proxy, that must mean she's the president on Arrow and Flash too.
No it doesn't
>>
>>83962656
The show is on the CW yes, but she's on a different Earth bro.

Different everything.
>>
>>83962686
Well then if that's true I still have no reason to watch this.
>>
>>83962617
That's a joker smile if I ever seen one
>>
>>83962656
>>83962686
>Supergirl gets Hillary and Arrow and Flash get Trump
>>
I've seen supergirl take a dick
And the dude she was fucking was hotter than her. Almost convinced he was just a set piece that was a part of the photo shoot she bought.
>>
File: 1453742760797.jpg (250 KB, 620x1232) Image search: [Google]
1453742760797.jpg
250 KB, 620x1232
>>83962617
Well this is just stunt cas-
>that pic
AAAAAH!
>>
>>83962739
Was he black?
>>
>>83962656
It doesn't matter because Flashpoint erases all contradictory elements.
>>
File: Lynda Carter 2016 Gracies.jpg (507 KB, 660x1000) Image search: [Google]
Lynda Carter 2016 Gracies.jpg
507 KB, 660x1000
>>83962706
Too much photoshop
>>
>>83963147
it's only part photoshop and part botox.
>>
>>83963187
No, it's only the photoshop that makes it look weird
>>
>>83962686
>>83962656
Barry searched the web, and Supergirl's Earth had a Star City and Central City, but no Flash, Green Arrow, Firestorm, etc.

So I'd guess that they COULD have the same president, which would be fine with me since Carter is awesome and a babe, but it really does seem like Supergirl's Earth is pretty hollow, hero-wise.
>>
>>83963297
I refuse to believe she doesn't get at least a few shots of botox
>>
File: 46.jpg (166 KB, 1904x1072) Image search: [Google]
46.jpg
166 KB, 1904x1072
>>83963403
She admittedly does, but it doesn't make her look weird by itself.

Also it's how she has always laughed.
>>
>>83963569
She said sh never had botox or etc.

Most white women age like milk because of work stress and excessive sun and smoking and meth.
>>
>>83963363
>but it really does seem like Supergirl's Earth is pretty hollow, hero-wise.

It's pretty light villain-wise, too. No real metahuman threats before Livewire, mostly just escaped Fort Rozz prisoners being the petty criminals before Alura In-Ze locked them away - the Kryptonian prisoners seemed to prefer to wait in the shadows while they prepared for Myriad - and guys like Reactron. Superman alone was enough to keep things under control for all those years, which let Kara & J'onn lead quieter existences than they might otherwise have.
>>
>>83963690
>There are a lot of things you can do, short of surgery, that make you look better – good creams, not being in the sun, a little Botox. I'm not saying I would never have surgery, I just haven't done it yet.
>>
>>83963732
Huh, you're right. I wonder what'll happen in the future. I used to think that the Arrowverse was "young" in the sense that it was only just beginning to have heroes, but now Legends of Tomorrow is showing that this stuff has been going on a long time. Maybe it's Supergirl's Earth that's just "waking up", or maybe it'll be revealed to have had more activity later all. Earth-2 seems to be the most densely populated with hero-type stuff.

It's all really fun to think about honestly.
>>
>>83963363
>it really does seem like Supergirl's Earth is pretty hollow, hero-wise.
There's Kara, J'onn and Superman

That's not bad since we're only focusing on the one city and it's only had one season to establish itself. By this point Arrow only really had Oliver and just a bunch of people who would eventually put on masks.
>>
>>83963819
Yeah, kind of lines up with what I just posted here >>83963807
>>
>>83963403
>Implying she's not really Golden Age WW
>Implying her youth isn't eternal
>>
>She's slated to appear in multiple episodes

Hell yeah

I'm divided between wanting regular look or with glasses and a bun
>>
>>83962656
Are multiple Earths really all that hard to understand?
>>
>>83962617
She was great as Diana so worst case scenario I'll watch her episodes instead of just deleting it off the dvr like probably the rest of the episodes.
>>
>>83963732
>Flashpoint causes metas to appear on Supergirl's Earth
>>
File: Sky High (05).webm (1 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
Sky High (05).webm
1 MB, 1920x800
>>
>>83963819
Yeah.

None have a Wonder woman or green lantern or aqua man yet.

So we have 4 earths so far, more if you count media ones.
>>
>>83963948
Livewire shows that the Meta-gene already exists on that Earth

And Silver Banshee shows that curses and magic exist
>>
>>83963992
Earth-2 had an Atlantis that people could visit
>>
>>83963915
I think he's just thinking about how this might resonate through the other Earths. It'd be really cool to see the Earth-1 shows and the Earth-Supergirl show have some continuity with tweaks to keep in the spirit of alternate universes nested in one multiverse.
>>
>>83963992
Well, Earth-2 Barry's telephone DID have speed dials for Hal and Diana, although I'm not sure why he'd have a hotline to Green Lantern and Wonder Woman.
>>
>>83963297
Would still smash
>>
File: wonder woman is not impressed.jpg (19 KB, 236x301) Image search: [Google]
wonder woman is not impressed.jpg
19 KB, 236x301
>>83964451
Absolutely. She's really beautiful
>>
>>83962686
flashpoint will merge the earths
>>
File: Lynda Carter Red Dress.jpg (670 KB, 1134x911) Image search: [Google]
Lynda Carter Red Dress.jpg
670 KB, 1134x911
>>83964530
>>
File: uncontrollable boner.gif (408 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
uncontrollable boner.gif
408 KB, 300x300
>>83964631
>tfw older women kink
>>
Cool
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.