[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>‘‘See that guy over there?’’ a thirteen year old
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: you boys aren't nerds are you.jpg (35 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
you boys aren't nerds are you.jpg
35 KB, 500x375
>‘‘See that guy over there?’’ a thirteen year old asked me as he pointed to an overweight teenager perusing the racks at Yesteryear’s Heroes. ‘‘ He is your typical comics geek. Probably no friends, no life. He’s here every new comics day and he never misses a convention.’’ When I asked how my informant knew all this about the other customer if he had never spoken to him, he said without a hint of irony, ‘‘Because I always see him here and I almost always bump into him at the cons.’’

Have you ever met any comic fans like this?
>>
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>83959878
Obviously that kid he was talking to.
>>
File: 5177bX8x2dL.jpg (42 KB, 324x500) Image search: [Google]
5177bX8x2dL.jpg
42 KB, 324x500
>>83959878
Black Superheroes, Milestone Comics, and Their Fans by Jeffrey A. Brown
>>
>>83959849
but a 13 year old kid buying comics is less nerdy then an overweight teen doing the same
>>
File: fat man flash step.gif (1007 KB, 273x429) Image search: [Google]
fat man flash step.gif
1007 KB, 273x429
>>83959944
But the overweight one can do this
>>
>>83959915
someone felt a need to write a book about this?
>>
>>83960808
The quote was part of a chapter talking about the culture of comic fans.
>>
>>83959849
>Have you ever met any comic fans like this?
Which one, the overweight teen who's there every Wednesday or the thirteen year old who's there every Wednesday?
>>
>>83961040
The 13 year-old who shits on the other kid just as nerdy as him.
>>
haven't seen in canada. Thing is most Americans are fat anyways/
>>
>>83959849
what a dick
>>
>>83961174
I have.
>>
That's literally the owner of the local comic shop. Always talking about how he hates comicbook "nerds", how they're stupid for spending all their money there, literally while giving me shit for not spending enough, and talking smack about his hige collection, abd the fact that he fucking runs a comic shop. He's an asshole, and there's no local alternative
>>
>>83959849
>kids
>buying comics

pick one

also

>thirteen year old
>attending enough conventions to have observed this

unlikely

so come on OP why don't you tell us the truth

at the last con you were at a guy you knew when you were both thirteen showed up

and he said oh my god i can't believe it you haven't changed one bit and you're still mad into comic books i bet you've never done anything else with your life

and then he laughed and slapped your mom's ass and walked away

and that man was Chris Evans
>>
>>83963167
>>
>>83959849
Wait but wouldn't that person have been there the same days and go to the cons too to see him
>>
File: BTAS_Gordon.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
BTAS_Gordon.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
>>83963030
>there's no alternative

Isn't there?
>>
>>83963987
Exactly.
>>
File: rv toy book.jpg (24 KB, 300x393) Image search: [Google]
rv toy book.jpg
24 KB, 300x393
>>83960808
Are you just upset because it's about black people? I mean come the fuck on.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.