[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: The Worst mainstream superhero and why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
Rules to thread: You can only post once and then read others, you can't argue with other people about their choice, I'm just trying to keep it clean

OK so this guy
>The most famous and recognizable superhero of all time
>casual superhero fans love him because he's so powerful
This is how I think of superman: Did you and your friends when you were like 3 ever play pretend? Me and my friends would and we would make up our own superheroes and pretend fight. But then you would get that fucking asshole kid who when you hit him he'll always be like "oh I'm immune" "oh, it didn't hit me I dodged it" "I'm too powerful to be hurt" that is literally superman. He's too goddamn powerful. I can understand him being popular in like the 50s because that was their current culture. Today we want to see heroes struggle, we want to see heroes fall from time to time, we want to see heroes we can relate to. Superman gives none of that, he's literally invincible with no kryptonite which is so fucking lame and he has like a billion super powers. Having a physical weakness to something is fucking lame too. There's no point to the justice League with superman there. I was excited for rebirth hoping they would lessen his powers to the point where he's not Jesus but of course they didnt. Basically, superman is a lame ass superhero.
>>
>>83957132
Your first mistake is making a thread and then asking for people to not discuss, essentially defeating the purpose of a thread. You want a blog, go write a blog.

And then this is a perfectly legitimate criticism to Superman if he were a character in Mortal Kombat. But he's not, he's a character people use to tell stories about lots of different things. Is the only conflict you've ever heard of Man v Man? Even if there weren't plenty of villains that can take on Superman (Mxyzptlk, Brainiac, Parasite, Metallo, Doomsday, etc.), often his stories are about how to work around the villain's scheme to save as many lives as possible. Just because he himself can't die (again, not the case, but if it were), there's still a danger because he takes responsibility for all the lives in Metropolis or on Earth. And that's just for those Superman stories. Otherwise it's a space opera about aliens flying all around and the importance of preserving all life or the joy of discovery and diplomacy.

Essentially, your assertion that Superman is lame because he can't be shot is retarded, your desire to not be called out on it is retarded, and you're retarded.

Also, Iron Man.
>>
>>83957132
Fuck you I'll argue with whoever I want! Also you're wrong!

>>83957376
Fuck you your points are moronic and your opinions are shiiit!
>>
>>83957132
>you can't argue with other people about their choice

Pussy
>>
>>83957132

Are you literally autistic? Do you actually think there's a chance of that happening?
>>
File: balescoff.jpg (135 KB, 1600x990) Image search: [Google]
balescoff.jpg
135 KB, 1600x990
>>83957132
>>
File: 1465878270967.jpg (702 KB, 523x1011) Image search: [Google]
1465878270967.jpg
702 KB, 523x1011
>>83957132
Speaking of Superman, the last episode of Keit-ai has been released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic

Is 4chan finally free of Keit-ai?
>>
Deadpool and Harley Quinn.

I won't bother to choose between them because they're pretty much the same character.
>>
File: Smug Saitama.jpg (11 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
Smug Saitama.jpg
11 KB, 280x280
>>83957132
>>
>>83958573
does harley break the 4th wall now? Not being a dick, I haven't read Harley, like, ever.
>>
File: 1443162333914.jpg (60 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1443162333914.jpg
60 KB, 640x480
>>83957815
>it even finds a way on /co/
can anything stop Keit-ai?
>>
>>83957132
>But then you would get that fucking asshole kid who when you hit him he'll always be like "oh I'm immune" "oh, it didn't hit me I dodged it" "I'm too powerful to be hurt" that is literally superman. He's too goddamn powerful.

More like he's that one kid who's the best at the game but he still tries to make it fun for everyone.
>>
>>83957132
I wonder sometimes, what it must be like to be this generation. To have literally all information at your fingertips and a boundless obsession with knowing better than everyone else, yet to still wallow in ignorance to the extent that every word you say proves you have no idea what you're talking about.

I know it's been said that opinions can't be wrong, but when those opinions are formed based on incomplete understandings of subjects, then yes, opinions can be wrong.

If the character does not appeal to you, then that is what it is. But here you go spouting off all of this stuff that is only your very limited understanding of the character and what he does.

This is the most casual of all opinions and you have failed in the purpose of your thread, sir.
>>
>>83957132
ITT: Anon is butthurt because cooler kid won against him in a fucking pretend game
>>
>>83957132
>casual superhero fans love him because he's so powerful
Not really, casuals hate him because "waaaah he's too powerful" or "waaah he's a boyscout"
Kinda like you
>>
Spider-man sucks. Don't @ me, delete your 4chan account before you think about replying to this post
>>
>>83957132
Literally kill yourself autistic cancer
>>
>>83957815
It's already a meme, so you don't need to post it anymore.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
>>
>>83957815
Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
>>
>>83957815
>>>/a/
>>
File: 4696184-0648016741-46910.jpg (285 KB, 843x1280) Image search: [Google]
4696184-0648016741-46910.jpg
285 KB, 843x1280
>Me and my friends would and we would make up our own superheroes and pretend fight. But then you would get that fucking asshole kid who when you hit him he'll always be like "oh I'm immune" "oh, it didn't hit me I dodged it" "I'm too powerful to be hurt" that is literally superman.

You realize you also just describe Batman, with all of his gadgets for every situation, or the Flash with him explaining all of his ass pulls with using the speed force?
>>
>>83960429
"Speed Force" is the most retarded thing ever and is the sole reason that I hate The Flash. This is why Quicksilver is better than The Flash, because he doesn't make all his problems go away with bullshit "fast magic". The Flash fucking TIME TRAVELS and outruns Death because apparently having a hero who just moves fast isn't enough, meanwhile Quicksilver is good, but he isn't perfect which makes him an enjoyable character to read about and watch.
>>
>>83957132
harley quinn
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.