[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
An Aesop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: caldecott_035.png (83 KB, 600x288) Image search: [Google]
caldecott_035.png
83 KB, 600x288
One day, a dog was wandering alone in the woods when it came upon a wolf. The dog had not seen a wolf, before, and was unfamiliar with their habits, and so the dog asked, "what are you doing, there?"

"I am looking for food," the wolf replied, for it was hungry.

The dog pondered this, as dogs are sometimes known to do, before declaring, "you should come with me, there is lots of food where I live. You will be fed every day."

The wolf was incredulous at the dog's offer, as wolves are accustomed to eating only what food they could hunt for themselves. Suspicious, the wolf looked the dog over and found that it was tall and strong and healthy, clearly wanting for nothing, but also that it bore a length of leather strap about its neck, to which the wolf asked, "what is that you are wearing?"

"This is my collar," the dog answered proudly, "the master puts it on me."

"Ah," the wolf nodded, "I see. You are fed because you do what your master tells you." At this, the dog nodded.

"Thank you, but no. I would prefer to go hungry and remain free."
>>
>>83956789
that's basically why wolves still exist, you know, disregarding the endangered stuff
back in the way back when, the wolves that saw humans are were willing to live with them became dogs and the wolves that saw humans and ran away stayed wolves
>>
>>83956789
Great comic and/or cartoon you got there, OP.
>>
>>83956866
eh.. we also had a hand in that, going out and killing all the ones who didn't join us but were easy enough to find and kill. this widened the gap.
>>83956789
i was expecting the wolf to go back, the owner to shoot him or chase him off, and for he and the dog to be confused as to why it didnt work
>>
File: 1463957733483.jpg (69 KB, 868x1228) Image search: [Google]
1463957733483.jpg
69 KB, 868x1228
On a very successful farm, there was a dog and her best friend, the donkey. One day, while drinking from the well, the donkey fell down.
In order to save him, the dog grabbed a rope, tied it to back of the farmer's new car, and told the donkey to grab the other end of the rope.
Once the donkey grabbed it, the dog started driving the car, and she was able to save her friend.
The next day, the dog was drinking from the same well when she fell down. This time, the donkey decided to drop his penis down the well, and dog was able to use it to climb back up.
The lesson from the story? If you have a donkey dick, you don't need a car to pick up bitches.
>>
to which the dog should have replied "and yet here we both are, alone in the woods, doing as we please. but, only one of us is hungry.
>>
>>83958866
True wisdom
>>
>>83956789
What a terrible thread to post here.

Also, the story is hypocritical as fuck, since wulfs were domesticated like the slaves they are.
>>
>>83956789

Dog's are bitch wolves sure, but selective breeding is what decides this. You could do the exact same thing that's happen over thousands of years to this same wolf, they have no human concept of freedom. It's a terrible Aesop fable that lacks understanding of evolution and anthropomorphizes too much. It's even a shitty lesson as everyone gives up some level of freedom to do most things they do. Even in a "free" country you're still mentally limited by the laws that rule your conscious, since you don't want to get put in jail or live on the streets. Also it's not /co/.

>>83958866

This one is better.
>>
>>83960527
>Also, the story is hypocritical as fuck, since wulfs were domesticated like the slaves they are.
I have no idea what you're trying to say here.
>>
>>83960244
then the wolf asks the dog why the fuck he's running free when he's a pet
and it turns out his owner died years ago
>>
>>83966253
having dogs roam about large estates by themselves wasnt exactly uncommon.
>>
>>83966253
Then how is he getting food
>>
>>83966421
if the wolf is ON his estate, then he isn't doing his job by allowing that. dumb dog.
>>83966678
oh right. okay, he's not dead
>>
Why didn't the wolf just kill the joker?
>>
File: downloadfile.png (143 KB, 244x272) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile.png
143 KB, 244x272
I've noticed ABC Mouse did some of these.

https://youtu.be/iPybpc-xuG0

https://youtu.be/ripQ9jJnw1c
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.