[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When exactly did it turn to shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 432x243) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 432x243
When exactly did it turn to shit?
>>
skinner/armin tamzarian

hands down
>>
>>83956515
It never did, but I will say by season 19 that things slowed down.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 446x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 446x330
I'm still pissed the way Homer got away with it like if it was no shit.
>>
>>83956536

this
>>
>>83956515
>guest starring Fifty Cent
>>
File: simp8[1].jpg (12 KB, 310x230) Image search: [Google]
simp8[1].jpg
12 KB, 310x230
>>83956668

I actually compared the earlier and mid seasons to the new ones. They really had the same amount of celebrities. But the difference were the celebs playing as themselves vs those playing characters. Later seasons really did more celebrities as themselves.

But even older Simpsons used their celebs-as-themselves more effectively.
>>
File: 1463263368306-r9k.png (109 KB, 308x302) Image search: [Google]
1463263368306-r9k.png
109 KB, 308x302
>>83956584
>>
>>83956515
Simpsons was never extreme as south park offensive as Family guy.

People are disinterested to the style and retroactively think the old show was different.
>>
The second you grew up.
>>
>>83956536
the descent began right there but it didn't become shit until a couple of seasons later
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 720x631) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 720x631
>>83956515
When Matt Groeining ran out of ideas for Simpsons and decided to focus on the fuckton of Treehouse of Horror ideas and channel them into making Futurama.

It went to hell when Fox sued him for creative control of Simpsons and lost, causing him to make Simpsons shit to spite them since it would STILL be their best show, which made them cancel Futurama to spite him, which caused him to pull the best talent from Simpsons to his self-funded and later Comedy Central funded Futurama to spite them, which caused Fox to put the garbage Family Guy writing staff on Simpsons which made it even worse.

Then when Futurama ended he and the good writers started working on Simpsons again resulting in it slowly getting better again.
>>
>>83956899
That didn't happen.
>>
>>83956584
>Season 19
The bar just keeps moving up.
>>
9 was the crumbling, 11 was where it fell off the cliff completely
>>
>>83956584

>it never did

4/10 b8 got me to reply.

But honestly the show started declining when Lisa became a vegetarian
>>
>>83956638
If anything that was the T-Shirt shooters, not Homer's fault.

Even if he hadn't ducked, he would've been rocked back and pushed her off anyway.
>>
>>83956515
It went off the rails in season 9. It went to complete shit when they actually used a plot point from that "they'll never stop the Simpsons" song and Abe married Selma
>>
It went to shit after Phil died.
>>
>>83957175

9/11 never forget.
>>
>>83957175
This
>>
Reminder that Al Jean and his team of terrible writers have been in charge of the show for 15 seasons now.

The show had only been around 12 seasons before he took over again.
>>
>>83956536
Seconded.
>>
>>83956515
Around the time Phil died.
>>
>>83956978
Haha oh wow, no wonder they shit on Fox so much in the show
>>
>>83956515
Who Shot Mr. Burns.
>>
>>83957305
>If anything that was the T-Shirt shooters, not Homer's fault.

in the same episode they joke about Homer parking in the emergency spot thus preventing speedy resuscitation
>>
>>83959141
Didn't she fall into the parking lot?

Unless someone was stupid enough to move her why wouldn't they just pull up to her body

Again, Homer may be a fuck up, but other people are just as much to blame.
>>
>>83956515
Season 9 is the first time I noticed that the Simpsons wasn't the Simpsons anymore.

The Simpsons at it's best knew how to crack a few jokes at the expense of any character on the show. Nobody was safe from ridicule and humiliation.

Some folks were very dangerous to mess with like Mr. Burns or Snake. But that didn't mean they never took a blow or three themselves. Homer and his work buddies are some of the funnier folks on the show. Bart and his adventures were the other good part of it.

Lisa would have been much better of a character if she wasn't just all "annoying leftwing girl." If the writers had shown Lisa's own conceit and ignorance, subtly and on a regular basis, she would have been much more fun to watch.

In the early days, everybody was off in their own little world most of the time and it made for a great wacky town that felt like it lived and breathed.

The writers weren't afraid to be realistically mean and slip flaws into the characters that their viewers had themselves (some of the writers probably had those faults too.)

It was fun while it lasted.
>>
Mike Scully
>>
>>83956536
Holy shit I just found out that who wrote this episode(Ken Keeler) is a graduated from Harvard with somma cum laude
>>
when futurama happened

the show became irredeemable when it tried to compete with family guy
>>
>>83956515
Isn't it True that modern Simpsons is so bad that they stopped making boxsets for the seasons because people stopped buying them?
>>
>>83959908
Literally every writer on the Simpsons is from Harvard. That's why it started sucking so fast. After the original group left, they just hired random Harvard grads with no thought for whether or not they were funny or deserved the job.
>>
>>83960435
The weird thing is that he's a mathematic not a writer
>>
Modern Simpsons is the best, you uncultured faggots.

Old Simpsons was full of poorly animated bullshit, pointless references to the nineties, literally who guest stars (who the fuck are Alec Baldwin and Bob Dole?), boring family-oriented stories, and absolutely no references to modern technology. They were drawing block phones instead of iPhones, who the fuck can relate to that? Why all the bullshit nostalgia shit?

Modern Simpsons is where everything fell into place. The animation is crisp, clean and high quality. There are guest stars that EVERYBODY knows (everybody can look at that picture and tell that it's Lady Gaga). Stories revolve around things that people can relate to. And they finally ditched all that old-timey reference shit.

Read my post, and tell me that the modern Simpsons isn't the best.
>>
>>83960836
Is this a copypasta? I like it
>>
>>83960836
>Read my post, and tell me that this isn't the best bait
>>
>>83960836
Completely agree, especially with the stuff about the 90s.
Why would an animated series in the 2010s be referencing twenty year old, outdated garbage? What a waste of talent that was.
>>
File: Natural_Born_Kissers.png (224 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Natural_Born_Kissers.png
224 KB, 512x384
The episode was cool but here forward the sense of humor of the show changed completely
>>
>>83956842
Agree with your facts objective man.
>>
>>83956842
It is different though
>>
>>83962496
nt really the fans became gay and washed up.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.