[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any Disney villains that were atleast somewhat in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 28
File: giphy[1].gif (791 KB, 500x298) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
791 KB, 500x298
Are there any Disney villains that were atleast somewhat in the right?

Yzma maybe?
>>
>>83940327

If her intent had been to dethrone Kuzco because he was a petulant brat trying to run the country into the ground, maybe.

But in reality she just wanted to be in his place, being just as corrupt with power, and presumably more deliberately destructive when it came to her policy-making, based on her personality, rather than just being selfish and grossly negligent like Kuzco.
>>
File: Edgar.gif (20 KB, 500x520) Image search: [Google]
Edgar.gif
20 KB, 500x520
He wasn't very bright though.
>>
>>83940482
/thread.
What type of crazy senile bitch give millions of dollars of inheritance to a bunch of cats who have no way of spending any money.
>>
>>83940482
He was a complete dumbass. Just because she gave everything to the cats doesn't mean he still couldn't reap the benefits. All he had to do was his fucking job. What were the cats going to do with the manor? They're cats!
>>
>>83940327
>Yzma

She literally tried to kill the guy. Literally. With poison.

>"But he's a terrible ruler!"

Did you not see the scene immediately before this where she was just as much, if not a bigger, dick to that one poor guy before getting kicked off the throne? We saw how she acts, it's not 'better' or 'smarter'.

>>83940560
>who have no way of spending any money.

...So then he could just decide to buy whatever the fuck he wanted, so long as she gave ownership of the cats to him.

What, were the cats going to fucking sue him for misappropriating funds?

As to your question... I dunno, I guess the asshole deer from Bambi was just doing what deers do, but even he was an attempted rapist.
>>
>>83940327
Depends

I mean I guess you could count Gantu from Lilo and Stitch although I forget the specifics

He just wanted to apprehend a highly dangerous destruction machine (as far as he knew)? I know he got in trouble because Lilo got involved or something
>>
>>83940327
The whole thing about "everything is connected by the circle of life, except hyenas 'cause fuck those guys" seems really dodgy for a philosophy held up by the good guys. I'm not sure in itself Scar letting the hyenas into what'd be their natural environment anyway was wrong, and even in the movie wasn't it implied things went to shit because of weather conditions rather than them eating everything?

But that's of course canceled out by the whole regicide/tyrant angle.
>>
>>83943519
The Hyena's, specifically the Hyenas that allied themselves with Scar, were a problem because they over indulged, killing when they didn't need to.
Also, pretty sure there was "magic" involved, where the land literally rejected the ruler.
>>
Scar really was next in line.
>>
>>83943585
The thing about the magic was what I was trying to get at with the weather, but to me that seems to be connected with Scar killing family and then deceiving the pride for the throne (and so not being seen as the "rightful" king by nature) rather than because hyenas.

>over indulged, killing when they didn't need to
Also I think that was the intention behind the plot; it just seemed like we never saw much proof of it one way or the other in the actual movie. There sure wasn't a lot to eat in the elephant graveyard.
>>
File: Gaston.png (824 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Gaston.png
824 KB, 1280x720
>ctrl+f gaston
>Phrase not found
>>
>>83943519
I took it as the Hyenas and Lions occupying different areas of land. Mufasa says the Elephant Graveyard is "beyond our borders" meaning not his territory. The Hyenas own that territory, ran it into the ground, and now are invading Mufasa's. They're literally foreign invaders
>>
>>83940482
>>83940560
>>83940597
Wasn't it revealed at the end that Edgar would still have gotten a large part of the sum, on top of him still being their caretaker?
>>
>>83943647
>There sure wasn't a lot to eat in the elephant graveyard.

The "shadow lands" or whatever went beyond the graveyard.
>>
>>83943519
>and even in the movie wasn't it implied things went to shit because of weather conditions rather than them eating everything?

No, it was stated by Sarabi the hyenas overate and there was no more food. They ate too much now that they had nothing to hold them back and wiped out the herds, which is why Sarabi said they had to leave to find others, but Scar wouldn't leave the Pride Rock he had finally obtained.

The thing is, the Hyenas WERE a part of the circle of life, they were just in a part where the lions ate them/kept them from overeating to maintain balance, because when unleashed they just consumed wildly.
>>
>>83943647
>There sure wasn't a lot to eat in the elephant graveyard.

Here's the thing, that's a hint as to why the Hyenas aren't allowed in the pridelands.

Think about it, that's a fucking elephant graveyard. A graveyard where motherfucking elephants go when they're ready to die. They're not being wiped out there, we see plenty wandering about, so the only conclusion is that elephants go there when they're big and old and ready to pass on. We see examples of this in the dozens if not hundreds of skeletons all around. Thousands upon thousands of pounds of meat literally too old to do anything but die wanders into their land enough they literally have piles of bones everywhere.

And yet, they're still hungry, and just want to eat more and more. And then, after they're let in, the pridelands looks exactly the same as the graveyard. Same coloring, same everything.

Surprisingly subtle considering it's a giant dead skeleton.
>>
If Gaston hadn't lead a lynch mob against the Beast, I'm sure someone else would have eventually. Damn thing was taking hostages and shit.
>>
>>83943652
what is high and mighty about friend-zoned dudebro?
>>
File: 1452416836495.jpg (19 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1452416836495.jpg
19 KB, 300x225
name one thing he did wrong
>>
>>83943668
>Wasn't it revealed at the end that Edgar would still have gotten a large part of the sum, on top of him still being their caretaker?

How did the cats get a new caretaker?
>>
>>83944019

He tried to drown Tigerlily
>>
>>83943624
Yes, and they actually showed the consequences of him taking over.
>>
>>83944048
she was being a bitch
>>
>>83944013
Gaston gets disqualified from any 'In the right' implications thanks to him stabbing the beast in the back.

Look, thinking he's a scary monster who kidnaps others and possibly eats them, fair enough. But when the guy seriously grabs you, stops you from falling to your death and pulls you back up, when he has no motive to do so sans 'He's not actually the kind of beast who would kill you', you're the asshole when he turns his back on you and gives up, and you get knocked off because you just had to shank a bitch.
>>
File: Lilo-disneyscreencaps.com-8226.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Lilo-disneyscreencaps.com-8226.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
I mean yeah he was a bit of a dick, but the guy was doing his job and trying to take care of what had proven itself to be a legitimate threat.
>>
File: nightonbaldmountain530.jpg (35 KB, 530x350) Image search: [Google]
nightonbaldmountain530.jpg
35 KB, 530x350
Childhood is worshiping Yensid,
Adulthood is realizing Chernabog makes more sense...
>>
>>83944545
Lilo and Stitch was butchered in the editing room

There were scenes cut that set him up as villainous
>>
>>83943652
This. He did nothing wrong. He was just trying to get a girl in the style of his time.
And I'm not saying that Belle should have been happy for Gaston taking an interest in her, but while the rest of the town saw her as a weirdo (albeit a really kind and pleasant one), he saw past that. Sure hw was still shallow but at least he appreciated her when not many others would.
>>
>>83944645
Like what? I only know of the hijacked jet becoming Jumba's ship, and the fight between Stitch and Jumba originally being more intense.
>>
>>83944711
But he didn't appreciate who she was he appreciated what she looked like and everyone else said she was pretty too.
>>
>>83940410

But when she was Empress there was no evidence she was making anyones' lives worse (except Kuzco, who actively did more to harm others.)
>>
File: 1460697536614.jpg (88 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1460697536614.jpg
88 KB, 1000x1000
He did nothing wrong.
>>
>>83940410
Besides, even if her motivation was simply to dethrone Kuzco for being a crappy ruler, Yzma herself admits that she "practically raised him". Everything wrong with Kuzco was fostered in him by her in the first place.
>>
Sid. Tell me one thing that teen boy did.
>>
>>83944758
You mean aside from the scene where she basically lets a peasant starve to death out of spite and pins all the blame for it on him by way of "You should have thought of that before you became peasants!" Granted, IIRC, it's before she became Empress (she was effectively hijacking Kuzco's throne before he walked in and forced her out of it), but it's pretty clear that she wasn't fit to rule.
>>
>>83944778
Ignoring mutilation since he didn't know they were alive, he stole and destroyed his sister's property. All of her toys are shown to have been beheaded by Sid.
>>
>>83940327
Shere Khan was just a tiger hunting prey as a tiger would. He was even a good sport about it, very polite to his target.
>>
>>83944167
hah!
>>
>>83944167
She doesn't say a word outside of a half gargled "Help," the whole movie.
>>
>>83944763
he killed a gypsy then stalked a sexy underage gypsy
>>
>>83944763
>lusting after a filthy gypsy
>not wrong
>>
>>83944868
That's normal big brother shit though. Sure he's not a good person for it, but he's harmless.
>>
>>83944019
He's a pirate.
>>
>>83944645
>There were scenes cut that set him up as villanous
Good. Better an understandable villain than a simple, "Look at me, I'm evil!" one.
>>
>>83945046
Also he has a job in the third one so I mean contributing to society. More than I can say about you NEETs
>>
>>83945095
What? I don't remember that! What was it?
>>
>>83945116
He was one of the trash collectors.
>>
>>83944950
That was underhanded politeness and he was specifically going after Mowgli in particular to kill him just for the hell of it, not because it was in his instinct.
>>
Wouldn't say he was in the right, but he definitely didn't do anything malicious or villainous.
>>
>>83945201
I wouldn't even call him an antagonist.
>>
>>83944645
Was there more of delicious brown lifeguard?
>>
>>83943652
>>83944711

He tried to imprison her father in order to manipulate her into marrying him. Not to mention going after the beast just because he saw she had feelings for him. I read in the original, his death was different, he fell laughing, with the whole "if I can't have her, neither can you!" deal. He was just kinda douchey at first, but by the end of it he was kind of evil.
>>
>>83944763

He's a filthy hypocrite who indulged in his sin and tried to hide it rather than confessing it before the Lord.
>>
>>83945220
Yeah, it was more of a man vs. nature story, but a lot of the dialog was set up to make him seem like a villain.
>>
>>83940723
Actually because Americans are fucking idiots there's a legal framework to follow when leaving money to animals, and part of that is when you make a trust for them you set a person separate from the caretaker who can sue to make sure you only spend the money on the pet.

Then again that movie takes place in England so maybe their legal system isn't quite so ridiculous.
>>
File: Ursula_transparent.png (547 KB, 751x800) Image search: [Google]
Ursula_transparent.png
547 KB, 751x800
What part of "you didn't live up to your part of our contract with no fine print" is villainous?
>>
>>83945405
Found the Jew.
>>
>>83944167
dont you talk shit about my childhood waifu
>>
File: King_candy_transparent.png (226 KB, 369x500) Image search: [Google]
King_candy_transparent.png
226 KB, 369x500
>>83940327
>Are there any Disney villains that were atleast somewhat in the right?
He even used it to manipulate Ralph.
>>
>>83945405
She interfered. The two were about to kiss, and she had her hench eels ruin the moment. Then, when Prince Eric and Ariel start to get close, she steals him away preventing Ariel from completing the contract.
>>
>>83945468
He was nowhere near in the right. He killed 2 arcade cabinets out of jealousy, he overthrew Vanellope and recoded her game (making her useless, alone, and trapped) so he could have attention, and threatened to kill multiple people even before becoming a Cybug.
>>
>>83940327
>Yzma
Kuzco fired Yzma because she was trying to rule the kingdom while he wasn't around. Even if he was being a dick to everyone else, that's still a pretty valid reason for firing someone. He actually did try to have a friendly conversation with her during the dinner scene before being transformed into a llama.

>Edgar
It's been years since I've seen that movie so I forget the exact details. Drowning the cats in a lake seems pretty harsh though. I would just take after the cats myself if it meant having access to all that money. Not like cat food is that expensive.

>Gantu
He ended up capturing Lilo instead of Stitch but just flew away with her anyway knowing she was in there with the intention of eating her for a snack. That probably violated some space law. He then went on to work for a criminal in the tv series.

>Scar
HE MURDERED HIS FUCKING BROTHER OUT OF JEALOUSLY! Scar did lots of things wrong regardless of whatever you blame the drought on.

>Gaston
He wanted to kill the beast solely because he thought that would get Belle attracted to him and no other reason. Also threatened to have her father put into an asylum for that same goal.

>Ursula
Think of all the shit she would've fucked up after she got the trident had Eric not killed her.
>>
File: latest-8.jpg (39 KB, 608x448) Image search: [Google]
latest-8.jpg
39 KB, 608x448
All of his previous business adventures have failed. This is his last chance in a brand new world. The local populace has abducted one of his best employees and are planning on killing him. He's just trying to get his employee back safe.
Plus the story of the real world Ratcliffe.
>>
>>83946200
Real guy aside, this guy was digging and blasting trees for gold.

There's a reason his previous businesses probably failed.
>>
>>83945794
>He actually did try to have a friendly conversation with her during the dinner scene before being transformed into a llama.
Hell, he was actually offering to help her find a new job. That's pretty fucking nice of him considering how much of a douche they set him up to be.

>That probably violated some space law.
Earth is a protected wildlife reserve. He basically poached Lilo.
>>
File: 1457019763948.jpg (278 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1457019763948.jpg
278 KB, 800x600
>>83940327

The hunter that killed Bambi's mom.
>>
>>83945201

>When you nut but she keep on sucking.JPEG
>>
File: evil grin.png (293 KB, 736x391) Image search: [Google]
evil grin.png
293 KB, 736x391
>Ctrl+F Dominator
>0 found

come on you guys aren't even trying
>>
File: ducreux.jpg (16 KB, 321x450) Image search: [Google]
ducreux.jpg
16 KB, 321x450
I would love to see a Disney flick involving lord Timothy Dexter.
http://priceonomics.com/the-strange-life-of-lord-timothy-dexter/
He'd make the perfect bad guy, but really has no good guy to match.
>>
>>83946200
>best employee
>runs off to play and fuck native girls the moment they hit the shore while everyone else works
>>
>>83944763
His motives were entirely reasonable. But his methods were fucked up, and he got what he deserved.

Give up churchery or give up your dick, you can't have your cake and eat it too.
>>
>>83947354
One of the biggest things that pissed me off about that movie is the bastardization of his name. Than again, they did the same to Clayton in Tarzan.
>>
>>83945794
>>Gantu
>He ended up capturing Lilo instead of Stitch but just flew away with her anyway knowing she was in there with the intention of eating her for a snack

You remembered that wrong, he caught Stitch, but Lilo got stuck in the clear tube thing too. He left her in there with Stitch because he thought Stitch was going to eat her. Stitch got out just before he took off and that's when he left with her, the moment he noticed stitch escaped he was pissed and turned around, he never cared about Lilo/thought she was anything other than food(Which is a nice bit of continuity, since Bubbles convinced the other aliens that humans were mosquito's food source)
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (65 KB, 360x504) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
65 KB, 360x504
The atlanteans were dying out anyway and hoarding their awesome crystal tech just cause their king was an idiot and their tried to nuke Greece or some shit 10,000 years ago.
>>
>>83947565
But anon, he was selling it to the Kaiser, not America, so he was by definition wrong.
>>
>>83944763
He would of burnt down paris
>>
>>83945397

I thought that movie takes place in France.
>>
>>83947612
>would of
>>
>>83947142
yes. deer must not overpopulate. hunting is good
>>
>>83947638
Also he set that family's house on fire and convinced Quasimodo that he was a monster and a sin. Plus he tried to kill Quasimodo and others and killed the parents of Quasimodo
>>
File: onion elsa2.jpg (158 KB, 500x675) Image search: [Google]
onion elsa2.jpg
158 KB, 500x675
>>83947310

She really did nothing wrong. She is actually doing it to cover up a complex and to show off. She really is hurting inside.

My vote would be this one right here.
>>
File: title.png (350 KB, 711x476) Image search: [Google]
title.png
350 KB, 711x476
He had the right to protect his livestock and pets from a fox, though he crossed the line when he went out of his way to kill Tod when he was at the nature preserve and no longer posed a threat to his farm.
>>
File: Foxy.jpg (69 KB, 431x765) Image search: [Google]
Foxy.jpg
69 KB, 431x765
She was brainwashed and that fat fuck pig raped her.
>>
>>83944020
The old lady hadn't died yet. So I assume the plan was kill the cats, and hope she rewrote the Will now that he was her only living ANYTHING.
>>
File: 911.png (213 KB, 442x341) Image search: [Google]
911.png
213 KB, 442x341
>>83945188
I'm fairly certain that humans have killed more tigers than tigers have killed humans. He was imply protecting himself.
>>
File: 1444266766686.png (63 KB, 592x492) Image search: [Google]
1444266766686.png
63 KB, 592x492
>>83945031
>he killed a gypsy then stalked a sexy underage gypsy

>something - gypsy - something - gypsy

People who are upset about the treatment of gypsies have yet to meet their first one face-to-face.
>>
>>83948940
Little feral boys have probably killed less Tigers than Tigers have killed little Feral Boys. At the very least they're even.
>>
File: Ringmaster.jpg (15 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Ringmaster.jpg
15 KB, 400x300
He only locked up Mrs. Jumbo because he thought she was dangerous.

He didn't see that kid provoking the attack.
>>
File: image.jpg (383 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
383 KB, 1366x768
He was just trying to keep Goofy from fucking his wife.
>>
File: 1rvqdg.jpg (13 KB, 470x254) Image search: [Google]
1rvqdg.jpg
13 KB, 470x254
He was only doing his job. Why did he have to die?
>>
>>83947565
That tech killed most of his men
>>
>>83949055
Why am I laughing so hard
>>
File: motivation.jpg (102 KB, 590x311) Image search: [Google]
motivation.jpg
102 KB, 590x311
>some rich as fuck royals steal your property to enrich themselves

It's the story of the ages.
>>
>>83940327
>Are there any Disney villains that were atleast somewhat in the right?
It's not like anything got any better under Yzma. It was clear from the "back to work" scene right after her eulogy that one tyrant had just been replaced by another, with the visual illustration of that being everything that was adorned with Kuzco's face being replaced with hers. She also had no empathy for starving peasants, and casually killed workers who might have overheard her plans.
>>
File: image.png (123 KB, 343x250) Image search: [Google]
image.png
123 KB, 343x250
>last son of a royal house
>expected to marry a royal woman to secure family alliances
>meet a pleasant and beautiful royal woman and potential heir
>court her
>everything points to a happy and successful marriage
>turns out her sister is a fucking ice witch
>bride-to-be/guardian of the kingdom leaves all her responsibilities and fucks off for an indefinite amount of time to find her ice witch sister
>leaves you the acting sovereign of a kingdom under siege by an unnatural magical winter
>manage to gain and keep the trust of this foreign kingdom's citizens despite starving conditions and constant blizzards

>fiancée returns with crazy ice witch sister that all the kingdom hates and fears
>also brought her new hillbilly boyfriend
>demands that you help her complete a magic spell that requires true love
>admit to her that after all this shit you aren't in love with her and the spell wouldn't work
>get dragged away in chains
>hated and scorned by the people you kept alive while their queen was having private feels in her crystal palace
>>
>>83949203
>Im just gonna make shit up
>>
File: Malevolence.jpg (212 KB, 1024x256) Image search: [Google]
Malevolence.jpg
212 KB, 1024x256
>>83940327
This is a bit like saying the Separatists in Star Wars were right because the Republic was corrupt.
>>
File: Abraham_Kane.png (85 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
Abraham_Kane.png
85 KB, 333x250
"Well, I mean, if you want to take your chances outside of Detroit in the cruel merciless wasteland remains of human civilization, be my guest. No? You're just going to leech off of my power cables and squat in the basement of my city? Guess I'm just going to have to kick you out or put you to work then."
>>
>>83949285
Kane doesn't own Detroit, only Detroit Deluxe
>>
File: fatlesnar.png (643 KB, 934x797) Image search: [Google]
fatlesnar.png
643 KB, 934x797
>>83944763
he is literally the worst
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.