[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teen titans Go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (869 KB, 1708x960) Image search: [Google]
image.png
869 KB, 1708x960
Why do they keep pushing this terrible pairing?
>>
It's the canon pairing from the comics though isn't it?
>>
Because it was a minor subplot from the original and the whole point of the show is to take the minutiae of the original and take them to ridiculous lengths.
>>
because it's cute and perfect
but raven wouldn't be the lovey dovey one
>>
File: qfLjgqK[1].jpg (14 KB, 373x210) Image search: [Google]
qfLjgqK[1].jpg
14 KB, 373x210
>>83935607
I thought they crushed it with Wally T though
>>
>>83935843
its that emotion split raven there

I am now convinced that if you don't like Teen Titans Go, you never gave it a chance. It's hilarious
>>
File: 1429918674611.jpg (242 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
1429918674611.jpg
242 KB, 1280x718
Because they work so well with each other.
>>
>>83935607
Because Starfire and Robin have their awkward ship gag and Cyborg is black. That leaves just the two of them.
>>
its the most obvious yin-yang opposites attract setup in the world
it would be against the laws of fiction writing physics not to do this
>>
>>83936090
Well in the old series, raven had that one mummy dude that was as dark/depressed as her and it didnt work out
>>
>>83935881
>I am now convinced that if you don't like Teen Titans Go, you never gave it a chance

I did, I gave it the whole first season before I gave up on it. It was actually somewhat decent before they went all out and became completely obnoxious.
>>
File: triggerwarning.png (142 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
triggerwarning.png
142 KB, 500x375
>>83935649
Only in Johns' TT because his wife liked it or something.

I don't get why people hate it so much though
>>
>>83939410
Generally the type of people that waifu Raven hate people with personalities like BB.
>>
>>83935607
They think their retarded anime tropes apply to everything, so they think Raven is a tsundere, rather than the very obvious truth that she simply doesn't like Beast Boy.
>>
>>83939487
Which is silly since we all know Raven is kuudere, not tsundere amirite?
>>
Just because they're recurring characters. I remember when most shows kept the waifu-bait single.
>>
>>83935881
I did give it a chance. But I swore off it when I saw the episode where their stomachs come alive. That was my limit.

I won't deny that the series does good jokes and good episodes sometimes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc1QHOvS_G0

But the bad outweighs the good for me.
>>
File: 1268468041840.png (80 KB, 207x210) Image search: [Google]
1268468041840.png
80 KB, 207x210
>and Cyborg is black
>>
>>83939410

Because BB calls Raven 'momma' and it's annoying.
>>
Operation dude rescue was unpleasant for me.
>>
>>83935607
because its a 5 person team theres only so many possible parings
>>
>>83939487
>she simply doesn't like beast boy
But that's not actually true.
>>
>>83939487
Well since the writers are the ones writing the show I reckon it be however they write it to be famalam.
>>
>>83940000
Are you saying he isn't black?
>>
>>83940000
But he isn't. He's mixed. The comics and creators said so. His parents are interracial in the comics.

His dad is black. His mom is either white or Hispanic depending on the artist.
>>
>>83939487
Literally six episodes into the original series.

>I thought you didn't like me
>Thought you didn't like me
>Both smile at each other in understanding

I can understand not being into the ship, but please stop with this bullshit that they don't even like each other as friends.
>>
>>83937155
Didn't she hugged beastboy at the end of that one?
>>
>>83941214
Yes. A lot of the shippers took to the pairing because of that episode and The Beast Within.

>>83939410
To be fair, other writers kept it going as well, and I doubt they'll abandon the most popular pairing for both of those characters. I'm expecting Rebirth Teen Titans could very well have a Damien/Raven/Beast Boy love triangle.
>>
Remember that episode where bb was trying to prank cyborg but it backfires and hits starfire instead? Damn, i thought they were a great couple
>>
>>83939974
Guy from SuperJail is writing a lot of the episodes now in Season 3. It's gotten more enjoyable, really. Though ultimately I would love a Teen Titans season 6, Young Justice, or Green Lantern back.
>>
>>83939410
Probably because BB is usually a moron who gets into trouble and has little redeeming qualities. I guess for people who like the other character in the pairing a lot, seeing them paired with someone they can't stand ruins the other character too, since it makes them out to have shit taste or to be idiots themselves.
>>
>>83935607
>Raven: Too serious
>BB: Not serious enough
It's appealing to have opposites shipped because they might 'Even each other out'.
That, and there's dialogue that can be flirtatious/caring.
>BBXRaven (and PoXTigress, CatwomanXBruce, RonXHermione, NickXJudy, SupesXWW)
BB starts taking a relationship seriously, Raven lightens up around him
>WenDip
Ok, that ones just self-insert
>>
>>83943273
Only tween edgemasters who unironically have Robin as their favorite titan hate BB.

It's kinda obvious why Raven likes BB. She isn't a gtim fuck because she wants to be, but rather because of the circumstances. She enjoys his jokes and attitude most of the time, even if despite herself.
>>
I wish this show treated Robin x Starfire with more respect, that was my OTP in the original cartoon
>>
>>83943838
>RonXHermione
I literally didn't know this was a thing among fans. They sucked as a pair in the books. I didn't get why Harry pined for Ginny either: all I got from her character is slutty ginger. I kinda shipped HarryXHermione at some point, but Harry goes full emo at the end of the books and it was really hard to wish him well at all. Still, all those weeks they spent alone together when Ron decided to fuck off should have made for something.
>>
>>83943854
Beast Boy is easily one of the best Titans when he gets serious.

I always felt that any relationship between him and Raven however would come later in life, when Beast Boy has matured more, and Raven has learned how to better express her emotions however. That's mostly just me speculating on how their characters would continue to develop after the series however.
>>
>>83941093
> on 4chan
> thinks the 1/8 black rule doesn't apply here.
>>
>>83944087
>> on 4chan
>thinks the rule isn't the 1 drop rule
>>
>>83943979
Same.
>>
>>83943979
But why? Robin is that unpleasant type of in your face cool that makes you dislike the character. Starfire is just your stereotypical genki personality. They never had any relationship development with each other. Yes, they showed that they were both interested in each other, but even BB and Raven had more relationship building with Star than Robin did. It's almost feasible to think that it was purely physical attraction from Robin and Physical/leader attraction from Star. I mean fuck, Robin and Raven had more development even, and I hate that ship.

To be clear I have nothing against RobinXStar, I don't dislike nor deny it's canon status, it's just so incredibly lackluster and poorly fleshed out that I don't get why it's popular with fans of the show. I can only imagine little boys and girls self-inserting as one of them.
>>
I don't watch the show very often, but I only really remember maybe 4 episodes that actually had them together in that way. The one in OP doesn't even count, since that was slut Raven who was literally kissing everyone.
>>
>>83944164
I don't think Robin was a character that I especially disliked, I just disliked how the writers made him so much more competent than everybody else, and how he's involved in everybody else's arc more than the other Titans are with each other.
>>
>>83944075
I think the very reason she enjoyed his company is because he's a clown and he helped her forget Trigon looming over her. She simultaneously disliked him because he made her emotions run wild. Just liking being around someone isn't exactly a solid ground for a relationship later in life, but it works at their age. It's less obvious why BB was interested in Raven. Maybe he took her as a challenge, as she was the only person on the team to act cold towards him. Maybe he was attracted to her demeanor of cool intelligence and kindness and vulnerability underneath. Honestly, he was a lot closer in character and energy to Starfire, but realistically, I just can't see Star regarding him romantically even if it was a fresh start with no previous canon to influence the pairings. Him falling for a warmhearted and happy Star on the other hand should have been almost a certain.
>>
>>83944170
The thing is, that isn't some super-slutified version of Raven who is hot for everyone with a dick and half of those without. It's actually a part of her personality and mind. So Raven actually feels sexually attracted to the boys on her team, she just doesn't act on it because of inhibitions and rationalizations.
>>
>>83944438
At the very least, it confirms Raven is hetero
>>
>>83944346
>Just liking being around someone isn't exactly a solid ground for a relationship later in life

Well, my thinking isn't just that they like each other so they should be together. It's more that I believe that where they're at in the current show is that they're both still too immature for a decent relationship with one another.

I'm not gonna say that they'd be in a one true love sort of relationship or anything like that though. I could see that with all they've gone through together as teammates and friends, that they'd probably have more solid ground for a lasting relationship than most teen/young adult couples but that's just me.
>>
File: 1466036207929.jpg (44 KB, 644x307) Image search: [Google]
1466036207929.jpg
44 KB, 644x307
>>83943985
>actually shipping HarryXHermione
>>
>>83935776
>minor subplot
What? There was no romance between those two at all in the original cartoon. The creators themselves literally said they were meant be like siblings, "grumpy older sister/annoying younger brother".
It was never there. It was just shippers seeing what they wanted to see.
>>
>>83941093
Hispanics are white
>>
>>83944982
I think the confusion is mostly from how they also said they're like an old married couple, and they became a thing in the comics around the time of the show.

To be fair, one of the creators also said that shippers are free to interpret what they want out of the show, so it's whatever to me. It wasn't canon, and as somebody that likes the pairing, that's ok to me.
>>
>>83945039
>some Hispanics are white because "Hispanic" isn't a race
Fixed that for you.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.