[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you lived in either DC or Marvel, would you pursue the path
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Dr_Doom_1.jpg (115 KB, 825x558) Image search: [Google]
Dr_Doom_1.jpg
115 KB, 825x558
If you lived in either DC or Marvel, would you pursue the path or science or magic in order to obtain superpowers?
>>
>>83930876
>science or magic

magic is a science.
>>
>>83930876
Magic. Complete losers are out there doing magic but unless I'm in the top 1% of the smartest people of all time I'm just like any other schmuck science bitch.
>>
>>83930876
Magic. It seems easier and honestly, more fufilling. Science people constantly have bad shit happen to them. When was the last time a tragedy happened to Doctor Strange?
>>
Science. Seems like anybody who gets exposed to radiation or some kind of chemicals gets a superpower. Plus we got the Terrigen cloud. Decent bet on getting powers.
>>
>>83930876

>DC
Science

>Marvel
Magic
>>
>>83930945
Science is a method of investigation. Magicians aren't out there formulating experiments
>>
>>83931000

Eh, Magic in the Marvel universe you can kind of make an argument for that. Magic in the DCU, hell fucking no. Magic in the DCU is a bitch and will fuck you up.
>>
>>83930988
>When was the last time a tragedy happened to Doctor Strange?
The latest issue of his current book where he and several magic users were nearly enslaved and killed by crazy science cultists.
>>
File: Retro Reed Richards disgust.png (88 KB, 257x291) Image search: [Google]
Retro Reed Richards disgust.png
88 KB, 257x291
>>83930945
>magic is a science.
>>
>>83930876
Why go through the trouble?
Alls I gotta do is jump in vat of chemicals or inhale hard water vapors
>>
>>83931020
Remember that issue where Doctor Strange investigated the effects of extradimensional energy using an eldrich horror and a placebo elder god?
>>
I submit to bizarre and edgy experimentation. Ideally something to do with... darkness weave blood particles. Some shit like that. Then I emerge from the shadows, tip my nightblade and teleport into the nineties.
>>
File: BoM1-42 The Invisible Labyrinth.jpg (210 KB, 650x476) Image search: [Google]
BoM1-42 The Invisible Labyrinth.jpg
210 KB, 650x476
>>83930945

How often do I have to keep posting this screencap for people who don't fucking understand the limits of material, empirical epistemology.
>>
are you people saying that magic is wildly inconstant and cannot be theorized about and tested?
>>
It seems easier to trip into magic than science. Besides, you have to be inhumanly smart to science in comics.
>>
Comic book mages seem more fun to be around than comic book scientists.
>>
>>83930945
fuck of plebs
>>
>>83930876
Science.

Magic always has a price.
>>
>>83931478

Or get yourself caught in a lab experiment accident.
>>
>>83930876
Neither because I'm not smart enough for either of them.
>>
>>83930876
Y'know, I'm not feeling picky. I'll go with the wildcard path of moving to New York, and see where it goes from there.
>>
>>83930995

This anon has it right. Science in the DCU is less likely to fuck you over than magic, whereas mad science in the Marvel universe NEVER ends well.
>>
>>83930988
Hulk broke his hands
>>
>>83931863
That wasn't so much magic gone awry, that was messing with the fucking Hulk.
>>
Magic. This world is SMT now.
>>
Magic easily. Much more flexible and easy to find people to work with. Whenever it comes to tech everyone is a turbo autist with their own special blend of science who refuses to share their secrets to it. With magic everyone seems far more sharing and open about their craft
>>
Science limits what you are capable of of. Magic grants you boundless freedom. It's a choice between obeying the laws of physics, and bending them to your will.
>>
>>83930945
Shut up Pearl
>>
>>83932447
Or having a freak accident that might cause you to either lose your limbs/life or eternal damnation at the hands of some demon.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.