[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Save a bad character >take a character you hate and fix them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 15
File: New_52_Tim_Drake.png (243 KB, 300x481) Image search: [Google]
New_52_Tim_Drake.png
243 KB, 300x481
Save a bad character

>take a character you hate and fix them to make them better

>you can't kill them
>>
>>83925386
For Tim, I'd have him and oracle do a Mr. Robot kinda thing where they track down bad guys online and they send Tim to investigate in person. Maybe have their base of operations in Gotham but send Tim out internationally. No connections to any police forces or spies or super heroes, just the 2 of them finding and busting cyber terrorists and sex slave rings and all that shit.
>>
>>83925386
Put him in college, and have him focus on more tech based crime? Though it would depend on a writer who can make that interesting and believable without 'hacking the planet'.

Or just have him and Jason team up as buddy cops that's usually pretty entertaining.
>>
>>83925386

well first thing would be retconning that retarded idea that he was never robin
>>
>>83925386
He becomes Catwoman aprentice.
>>
>>83925386

Write your own damn fanfiction.
>>
>>83925913
Honestly I'm kind of convinced some of these threads are made by DC interns, in all the Wally ones we had I always posted they should just have the white one run out of the speed force and have two Wallys and the madmen actually did it

You might save a character you love by posting here
>>
>John Stewart
Pretend everything post-Mosaic never happened. (i.e. he's still a proud, cultured man, with some justified anger who happens to be the Messiah) Or, pretend everything post-Raab never happened (So he's still a crip who's dating Merayn Jadis). Just no more ANGRY MARINE
>>
>>83925983
>Run out of the speed force
It's been common since the invention of speed force.
>>
File: TRDBK0n.png (747 KB, 621x695) Image search: [Google]
TRDBK0n.png
747 KB, 621x695
>>83925386
Instead of Edgy demon magic shit it would be more folkloric she summons dragons and griffins, fire wolves and wendigos, elemental golems, ghost knights and elf elemental magic

And instead of limbo it would be the laeger domain like in Ben 10 a dimension of pure magic.

The kidnapped by an evil sorcer angle is still there.
>>
File: kitty.jpg (342 KB, 800x1120) Image search: [Google]
kitty.jpg
342 KB, 800x1120
Just turn her into Danni Phanthom and instead of Ectoplasm its just limited quantum field manipulation.
Don't make her into a jew
>>
File: 3399622-wicca.png (524 KB, 512x663) Image search: [Google]
3399622-wicca.png
524 KB, 512x663
Make him straight and a Bara
Remove his Jewishness and gypsyness
He's not the son of scarlet witch anymore.
Turn him into somekind of easter euro pagan
>>
File: Red_Hood_(Jason_Todd).jpg (37 KB, 250x330) Image search: [Google]
Red_Hood_(Jason_Todd).jpg
37 KB, 250x330
I'd make him some bigger villains bitch by black mail, maybe lex black mails him somehow and forces him to do his dirty work, or another villain, and RH just goes around doing this work and clashing with other heroes, maybe have nightwing be his foil and keep attempting to reach out and try and help and figure it out and then at the end they come together and beat the controller and then RH broods off again, Im not sure how to fix him long term but maybe a series of smaller arcs for him doing off colour work would make him interesting, seeing him vs other heroes would be neat, outside the batfamily even.
>>
>>83926218
I can understand, if not support all the other changes, but why the fuck do you wnt him to be bara?
>>
>>83926366
some people have good taste in husbandos
>>
>>83926244
in the long run he should be fucking the villain that is blackmailing him so he's conflicted in whether he actually wants to leave
>>
>>83926395
Yeah, but it's not like we don't have enough bara characters. Let the twinks be. (And bara generally means not straight, for the record)
>>
>>83926366
Because some people let their dicks do all the thinking.
>>
>>83926444
Isn't he already gay? It's just a question of design.
>>
>>83926244
>>83926407
Talia then.
>>
>>83926465
Yes, but the guy said to make him straight.
>>
>>83926244
>Im not sure how to fix him long term

Return to the UtRH idea that he's basically the Green Hornet played straight.
>>
>>83926517
true I missed that
>>
>>83926474
I would pick someone else just because Talia seems like it's too much baggage for Damian.
>>
>>83926527
Maybe even give him time as jason todd just trying to adjust to life and meeting normal people, one thing i find a lot of capes lacking, even street level ones now, is that their daily life egos are almost none exsistant
>>
>>83926657
That's what makes it so great, for his birthday Talia and Jason send him a photo album of their romantic trip to Paris.
>Happy Birthday bro, I'm fucking your mom!
>>
>>83926444
Collosus is bara but staright
>>
>regen ability like wolverine
>priomdial light powers(healing)
>Enhance but not super strength, senses, reflex , durablity

His metal wings came from the same people that did wolverines
Apocalypse just enhanced it
>>
>>83925386

What are the plans for Tim Drake in Rebirth anyway?
>>
>>83927363
They've put him in Detective under Tynion with Cass and Steph as teammates, and Batman and Batwomen as teachers.
I can't decide if its a demotion or not, but at least he escaped Titans.
>>
>>83926705
Worth it for the Jason banter.

>Now Damian, I know that you're not too keen on the idea of me and your mother, but your aggression is only hurting the people who care about you. I've found this great family therapist who can help us get through this and grow as a family.
>You'll have to do better than maudlin insincerity if you want to get under my skin, Todd.
>Dr. Mitchell said that there would be some pushback in the beginning; it's okay, you don't have to talk, but we'd like you to listen. We're going to make it, son, we're gonna make it.

>>83926691
If not a supporting cast, it would allow you to develop the criminal element in ways that most series would never think about.
>>
Batgirl.

>take a character you hate and fix them to make them better
Ironically cripple her back into oracle.
>>
>>83927724
I never once believe Damian was Bruce and Talia's son. He more Jason than Bruce to me.
>>
Mideval style spider man is best spider man

Just stop with the highschool stuff
>>
>>83927774
no that would be a bad retcon, Jason should just be his stepdad not his biological one too
>>
>Mutants
Stop with the whole World vs Mutants and just let them be random costumed heroes, sure, have a few extremist groups that dislike them, but don't make their whole fucking run about "Mutants are a dying breed, mutants are on the very of extinction, the whole world hates and fears mutants"
>>
>>83927796
Imagine if she gets pregnant from Jason

>"Damian it's time for you to meet your new brother/nephew, Bruce you get over here too!"

It's a Bat family go full Habsburg issue.
>>
>>83927940

That's so terrible it's good.
>>
>>83927940
Damian on eternal suicide watch
>>
I'm completely stumped is there any hope for her?
>>
>>83928315
Wasn't her current ongoing not bad before CW2 started up? The first issue was ok at least but I didn't keep reading.
>>
>>83928315
Make her turn out to be a clone all along.
>>
File: 1441776567768.png (368 KB, 400x593) Image search: [Google]
1441776567768.png
368 KB, 400x593
Just return her to her Pre-N52 personality and characterization. Other than that I don't know
>>
>>83925386
Entire Batman mythos, every supporting character, sidekick and villain, is transplanted into it's own universe and has no further contact with DC in general. This allows Batman to be relevant in his own world, and his villains actually dangerous to the world in general.
>>
File: spyder-knight.png (444 KB, 768x723) Image search: [Google]
spyder-knight.png
444 KB, 768x723
>>83927782
>>
>>83928858
I hope you're moving them to someplace like Japan, because as long as he's in a location where guns are common none of his villains can really be said to be "actually dangerous."
>>
File: 3312073-a_so_2.jpg (582 KB, 718x1090) Image search: [Google]
3312073-a_so_2.jpg
582 KB, 718x1090
Remove Thor and replace him with hyperion
>>
>>83925386
Go hard on the "detective" aspect his character is supposed to have.

Keep him super grounded, have every story arc be a hard boiled mystery. Let Batman do the urban commando stuff and keep Tim away from supernatural things. If you want to do a good job of it, leave clues that the audience can figure out along the way if they feel like it.
>>
>>83928858
....that's already the status quo outside of silly crossover stories.
>>
>>83926244
What's there isn't really all that bad. He's basically a DC Punisher with some very deep connections to the Bat-family. With that in mind, it's no real wonder why he's so popular.

First off, costume. I go back to his original costume in UtRH or something more like his Arkham Knight costume, but I get rid of the awful Robin symbol or whatever the hell it's supposed to be, and put the skull insignia he had in Morrison's run on that thing. Basically going for the badass biker look.

Second, I give him a female accomplice/partner-in-crime/sidekick like he had briefly in Morrison's run. Someone to play off of, who was extremely dedicated to him basically. Not Scarlet but someone new and original. Shit, maybe even give him a whole gang.

Third, I have him take on Gotham's crime. He should be utterly obsessed with cleaning up the streets of Gotham. To that end, he should kill ordinary criminals and some of Batman's C and D-list rogues.

Problem with Jason though, is that he really works better in stories with a definite ending. You can't have him kill criminals forever, because then it's just a question of how the fuck is The Joker still alive then.
>>
File: Red_Hood_Jason_Todd_11.jpg (58 KB, 600x721) Image search: [Google]
Red_Hood_Jason_Todd_11.jpg
58 KB, 600x721
>>83929673
>>
>>83926141
>Make her into
That implies she wasn't one to start with.
>>
>>83929673
I like the Arkham design except for the hood. If you have the helmet, you don't need a physical hood.
>>
>>83925386
But Tim is the best Bat-character period, OP.
>>
>>83929975
Idk, I kinda like it.
>>
>>83926474
Jesus, Talia is like a fucking batarang to you people

Always in the pants of any bat character
>>
>>83925386

Seemingly a neat thought exercise, but all the characters I truly hate are unfixable.
>>
>>83926218

Why does his sexuality matter exactly? Making him straight wouldn't change would it?

Never read anything with Wiccan so honestly I have no idea. Please fill me in.
>>
>>83929975

The hood is there so that it looks cooler.

Besides, it's supposed to be red hood, not red helmet.
>>
>>83930289
She serves other purpose?
>>
>>83929673
He has been nothing like the Punisher. Make him like he originally was in Utrh, trying to control the underworld. Place him away from the family, and he still has an inferiority complex from other bat kids. Make his books more like an old school mafia story. He dons the original red hood suit, complete with a business suit as a prominent member of the mafia. As Jason Todd, he pretends to live as a homeless man, spying and picking up info from the alleys about other gangs.
>>
>>83930931
He was only trying to control the Underworld in the first place to curb crime iirc.
>>
>>83931005
Yep, but him blending in while trying to control it seems inevitable.
>>
>>83931100
I like it. It has potential but it's not the direction I'd go in.
>>
>>83926218
So essentially you just want a totally different character with sort of the same powers?
>>
>>83930289
>Always in the pants of any bat character
She's already touched Jason's Red hood though.
>>
>>83925386
Introduce the real Tim Drake and not this impostor.
>>
>>83927757
This.

Tough love.
>>
File: phoenix_jones-640.jpg (46 KB, 640x422) Image search: [Google]
phoenix_jones-640.jpg
46 KB, 640x422
>>83925386
>he has a better costume and takes on real crime, instead of getting involved in drunken brawls.
>>
>>83930931
Good mafia boss jason could work, think about some crossover´s with catwoman and that would actually make a good book.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.