[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck is she so smart? I feel like a retard everytime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
How the fuck is she so smart? I feel like a retard everytime I watch her because she uses big words that I have to google.

A little girl is smarter than me.. I feel so dumb.
>>
>>83924079
She's the gifted one, also a junior nobel prize for mixing ketchup and mustard.
>>
If she were as smart as you think she wouldn't be using suh big, uncommon words.

A fundamental intent of communication is efficiency. Words that won't generally be understood shouldn't be used except out of a need for specificity or to avoid repetitive language.
>>
>>83924079
She reads books
>>
>>83924079
because she wears glasses
>>
>>83924340
On a more serious note, being smart is just her niche, what Lisa Loud brings to the party
>>
She's an accessory character. She's just there to do her niche. She's almost as bad as Lampy. Lori is probably the biggest driver of story because of her niche.
>>
>>83924079
its rare to have a smart character that doesent suffer from the trying to write a character smarter then you problem so when it does happen it stands out
>>83924323
also this
>>
>being down by an unrealistic cartoon character
how does it feel to be an idiot and a retard?
>>
>>83924537
When she's not addressing sciencey things, she's fairly normal. Look at how she politely thanks Lincoln for being a doofus and for being honest about her experiment. She isn't condescending, she's nice and appreciative.

There's hope if the writers can continue to inject this type of humanity into Lisa's personality.
>>
She applied herself, worked hard, and studied everyday.

Plus, being a 4-year old, her brain is still in that stage where she can learn things a lot quicker and easier.
>>
>>83924323
She is smart but she also wants to be take. Seriously instead of being dismissed as a 4 years old. That's why she tries to hide her feelings and use big words even if she still drop her glass from the table like a kid or other typical 4 years old kids things.
>>
>>83924079

I mean, it's not like she's real.
>>
>>83924079
Lisa is younger and smarter than Lisa.
>>
You can tell when it's a badly written character when she is smarter than you and she has a vagina. Lisa Loud. Lisa Simpson. Rey. It's all just horrible and shouldn't be allowed.
>>
>>83924323
This.
It's alright using long complex words when writing a damn collage essay or something but there is absolutely no reason to do this when trying to naturally communicate with people and is only ever done by people with low self-esteem trying to show of their superiority, as if having pointlessly complex diction somehow makes you cooler.
>>
File: life.jpg (98 KB, 430x350) Image search: [Google]
life.jpg
98 KB, 430x350
>>83926535
>Cartoons aren't real
Thanks for the reminder anon...
>>
>>83924079
she's a fictional character
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.