[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rec/co/mmendations thread? I just got myself a steady paying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: featu.jpg (124 KB, 1441x1044) Image search: [Google]
featu.jpg
124 KB, 1441x1044
Rec/co/mmendations thread?

I just got myself a steady paying job and I plan on blowing my money on comics so I was wondering if there's a compilation site where all the compilations and reccomendations lists are saved.
>>
>>83920960
http://imgur.com/a/efZc7
Here. Now fuck off and delete this thread.
>>
>>83921008
>http://imgur.com/a/efZc7
I can't I just can't
why have shitty fanart and dank memes with your list fucking christ.
>>
>>83920960
OP do you like stuff outside hero comic?`
you should give nailbiter a chance.
>>
>>83920960
You have to use the search bar because most of the text links are dead, but the images will still come up if you search.

http://comraderecs.tumblr.com/
>>
>>83921179
I'm down for both capeshit and non-capeshit
>>
File: 1458536878631.jpg (579 KB, 1000x799) Image search: [Google]
1458536878631.jpg
579 KB, 1000x799
Ill dump some rec pics op
>>
File: 1458537162801.png (941 KB, 1280x1262) Image search: [Google]
1458537162801.png
941 KB, 1280x1262
>>
File: 1456293751290.jpg (1 MB, 3004x1882) Image search: [Google]
1456293751290.jpg
1 MB, 3004x1882
Shit i thought i had more
>>
>>83921831
Thanks, I have long planned to read those.
>>
>>83923504
>>83921831
Some of those numbers are wrong
>>
>>83920960
>I just got myself a steady paying job

Save 20% of your gross earnings. In anything. Put it in the stock market, put it in a savings account, annuities, any kind of financial instrument, buy land, whatever. If you invest in collecting be aware that warehousing costs are non-negligible and need to be factored properly into your profit calculations when selling - eg buy for $4, sell 1 year later for $10 isn't $6 profit, it's $6 less the cost of storing the thing, which can be easily calculated as a fraction of your rent equivalent to the combined floorspace and other storage available for that rental cost which is taken up by the collectible.

Do not spend money just because you got a new job. Save money. Save 20% of your gross (before tax) earnings because one day you will be out of work - and over an average career from 18 to 65, this may easily combine to be as much as months or years out of work. If you're very lucky, it will only be months. If you spend 6 months in your entire career out of work, that's 1.06% of your working life; 2.12% if you're out for a year, and so on. This increases the number of years you must work beyond 65 in order to maintain your income in retirement. Your body will not like working much beyond 65 (assuming you're not senile by then, which is an increasing risk year on year beyond that point).

If you're lucky, most of that unemployment will come early, when you're likely to have lower earning potential anyway, so you won't notice the effect on your lifetime earnings as much. If you're not, it'll hit when you've just had another kid.

20% probably won't leave you much when tax, rent, and other expenses are taken out, but you'll thank yourself when you're older.

Other than that, buy comics you like, not ones anons recommend to you. We don't know you. If that makes it too hard for you to decide, you're not really interested in this expensive and frustrating hobby.
>>
>>83923557
Because that rec image is horribly outdated?
>>
>>83923616
This is a bad idea. The economy is about to die and we're going to end up in Mad Max shit before this year is over.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.