[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a range on his optic blasts? Can he shoot the moon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
Is there a range on his optic blasts? Can he shoot the moon? Can he shoot across the international dateline and blast someone from yesterday or tomorrow?
>>
>>83919244
going to borrow the thread

why is it that cyclopes can't push his glasses of him using his power. there been times when someone is holding his hands and he can't shoot because of his glasses or he can't press the optic button or whatever he is holding when blasting.
>>
>>83920390
he has a button in his gloves too
>>
>>83920390
I'm going to borrow this thread as well. What happened to Cyclops? Wasn't he the most popular during the 90s xmen show? How did wolverine get so popular
>>
>>83920736
he ded
>>
I'm also going to borrow this thread. How is that Cyclops is so right? And why Marvel have this huge hateboner now? Makes no sense, in outside media he was pretty popular, My favorite X-men growing up
>>
I promise to return this thread after I am done with it, can Cyclops push himself off the ground with his optic blasts?
>>
Im gonna borrow this thread, how does Cyclops know when to stop at the light while driving?
>>
>>83920930
>in outside media he was pretty popular

the director didn't like him in the movies and decided to destroy him. New fans started to read x-men and marvel decided that cyclopes is not as important as the rest of the cast.
>>
I'm going to borrow this thread for a second, if cyclops squints, can he tickle people with his optic blasts?
>>
Mind if I borrow this thread really quick?

What happens when Cyclops sneezes? Does he nasal blast?
>>
I'll give this thread right back I swear. Can cyclops skip his optic blast across water like skipping a stone?
>>
Gonna borrow this thread for a moment. Why didn't Cyclops appeal peacefully to Medusa instead of trying to attack Attilan with no support?
>>
>>83920390
Used to be that when it's at a close range like that it is very weak.

Now it's because he uses Ruby Quartz glasses which absorbs the optic blast
>>
File: cyclops2-620x953.jpg (153 KB, 620x953) Image search: [Google]
cyclops2-620x953.jpg
153 KB, 620x953
>>83920930
most marvel writers are wolverine fanboys, so they had Cyclops fuck up to make Wolverine look better
Problem is that the way they made him fuck up painted him as more of a Malcolm X figure than hitler, plus the occasional run between getting shat on by writers that liked or at least respected Cyclops, who gave him good points and justifications for his actions

funnily enough that's what's made me like him in recent years when I had no strong feelings prior, like Hank Pym, it's the kind off character development that is uniquely a product of cape comics.
there's also the fun factor how the X-Men treat whatever vague attack suicide Scott launched on the Inhumans whas a modern holocaust, but the inhumans themselves never make any reference to suffering some big tragedy at his hands, almost makes it seem like the X-Men had Cyclops assassinated and him dying in an attack on the inhumans is just a coverup
>>
>>83920736
Jackman sells

>>83919244
no

regardless of their composition or origin his beams are subject to eventual diffusion, that is, they become more like a torch beam than a laser beam due to scattering

>>83921070
yes, they're force blasts

no, he's immune to his own powers so they don't break his neck when they make contact with something

aggregate answer maybe

>>83921100
the same way any other color blind person does

>>83921104
>>83920930
he got cast with a shitty actor who was never popular

there was 0 chance of him being pushed after that

>>83921194
yes

>>83921253
no the portal to the punch dimension is located on the surface of his eyeballs, which is why he can't aim his beams without turning his head

>>83921282
probably but you would need to do math to prove it

>>83921298
because he's been a villain since like 2006 at least

>>83921347
>>83920390
he could just be wearing really tightly fitted glasses

it's bad for you and extremely uncomfortable but it fits with the kind of hairshirt dickery he's always been known for
>>
>>83920930
I don't see how people can think he was 'right'? When he had the phoenix force, he was literally magneto, then after he killed Charles, he got terrorists to break him out of prison? Now I'm not saying the Avengers were right because they wanted to kill Hope instead of even trying to find a solution, nor am I saying the other X-men were right because Beast was fucking stupid to bring their young selves to the present and fucked up time.
>>
Shit, I have to pay my overdue fees on another thread before I'm allowed to borrow this one.
>>
>>83921396
How was Cyke "literally Magneto?" All he did was end war, cure diseases, end world hunger and attempt to kill Mr. Sinister once and for all. How is that "literally Magneto?"
>>
>>83920736
Simple. Because Raphael is cooler than Leonardo.
>>
>>83921396
The Avengers didn't want to kill Hope, they wanted to contain her. Cap even got into a fight with Wolverine when Wolverine wouldn't agree not to kill her
>>
>>83922227
maybe because he wanted to kill humans?
>>
>>83923008
Except he didn't? He didn't even want to harm the Avengers. You're pulling stuff out of your ass.
>>
>>83922227
>end war, cure diseases, end world hunger

He did none of those things. His solutions were entirely dependent on the Phoenix force and his continued benevolence, which lasted about a week. They all came back.

He also welded tectonic plates together and allowed Colossus to kill all the whales.
>>
>>83923022
If he didn't want to harm the Avengers, why did he have Wakanda destroyed for harboring them?
>>
>>83923033
Ok maybe "end" was a poor choice of words. Still he was doing good things, and yet the Avengers continued to get all up in his shit just because they were afraid he might possibly lose control and go Dark Phoenix maybe probably.

And does anybody seriously care about whales?

>>83923039
He didn't. Namor went off the reservation.
>>
>>83923076
>He didn't. Namor went off the reservation.

They were linked psychically by the Phoenix, that's not an excuse.

>probably

When it happens literally every time, it's not probable, it's certain. Summers of all people should have known that.

Remember when it was proven by a court that the host is responsible for their actions while joined to the Phoenix?

>And does anybody seriously care about whales?

You should unless you want to seriously fuck up the sea. You can't just take out enormous filter feeders and apex predators from any system and expect it to function. You'd hope a man whose day job is teacher would understand that.
>>
File: Rightnix_1457001642771.jpg (206 KB, 480x738) Image search: [Google]
Rightnix_1457001642771.jpg
206 KB, 480x738
>>83923022
I think he's talking about the raining down of righteous fire from the skies during the final battle.
(which was indisciminate killing on a global scale and not directed at any single population)
Otherwise, he pretty much only wanted one guy dead. My list would have been longer.
>>
>>83920736
They both dead now so who cares
>>
>>83923117

So Namor decides to destroy half of Wakanda even after Cyke makes it clear he doesn't want to harm the Avengers and just want them out of his way and somehow this is his fault? What kind of logic is that? He had a psychic link with Phoenix "Jean" too. Is it his fault she blew up an entire planet as well?

I'm sorry. I don't remember Phoenix "Jean" losing it until Sebastian Shaw mind fucked it. I don't remember Rachel ever losing it.

>>83923120

That's only after the Avengers and X-Men teamed up and tried to lobotomize him. Hell I'd be pretty pissed too if I was trying to save the world and everyone and their mothers tried to end me in return.
>>
Im fucking stupid. Whats so bad about welding tectonic plates together
>>
File: 2037170-first_class.jpg (157 KB, 450x500) Image search: [Google]
2037170-first_class.jpg
157 KB, 450x500
They seriously need to reboot the Xmen

just add a black guy and an asian or latin girl to make it seven

for political correctness sake
>>
File: Giant-Size-X-Men-1-Cover.jpg (377 KB, 811x1221) Image search: [Google]
Giant-Size-X-Men-1-Cover.jpg
377 KB, 811x1221
>>83923243
That happened already.
>>
>>83923237
I imagine a huge pressure would build up for a while, resulting in an earthquake in magnitudes never seen before
>>
>>83923293
this when it became all about wolverine
>>
>>83923338
But thats not how tectonic plates work
>>
>>83923730
Sue me, I'm not a geoligist
>>
>>83919244
>Can he shoot the moon?
Only if he screams "JEAN!!" loud enough.
>>
>>83921396
He was quite right, at the start.

First problem that cause the deterioration is that the Avengers keep on poking the beehives.
Second is the rest of the PF have major major problem; Colossus obsession with Kitty and Namor's out of line flooding. Magick is already screwed in the head. The one only in control is Cyclops and Emma.
Third is the psychic attack that cause Dark Phoenix, like what happened in the past.

I still taking what Charles really did in IlluminatesComics' version as canon.
>>
>>83919244
I'd like to steal this thread of a second before returning it.
Can Cyclops optic blasts change color if they go through a different colored lens?
>>
>>83923293
How come cyclops on this cover clearly have two visible eyes in his visor?
>>
>>83923033
He did all of those things and the deterioration of his sanity was the result of other members ceding power to him and creating instability.
The only reason power had to be ceded in the first place was because the avengers wouldn't stop themselves fighting P5 members even though with the exception of Namor none of the X crew wanted to deal with them and were busy with other stuff. Most fights ended non-violently with Cycks just poofing them elsewhere and yet they still came back for blood screaming that he was the villain.

The characterisation was so obvious that a writter, using Reed, resident smarty pants, to straight out say Cyckes is better for the world and Avengers are just jealous and confused about where their role is in the new world.
>>
File: 1466415183680.jpg (181 KB, 760x680) Image search: [Google]
1466415183680.jpg
181 KB, 760x680
>>83923293
What am I looking at here?
>>
>>83923293
Not good enough imo

Bring it back to the start>>83923243
>>
>>83920920
RIP
>>
>>83919244
Has Cyclops ever lost one of his eyes and become an "actual" Cyclops?
I have never heard about someone doing something like that, but it sounds so obvious, I'm sure it has happend.
>>
>>83926174
Yeah, Age of Apocalypse.
>>
If he was given a Green Lantern ring, would he shoot green lasers or his usual optic blast?
>>
>>83921371
>the X-Men treat whatever vague attack suicide Scott launched on the Inhumans whas a modern holocaust, but the inhumans themselves never make any reference to suffering some big tragedy at his hands

The whole thing sounds like he went alone to confront them, got in a fight, and then was murdered.
>>
>>83920930
>My favorite X-men growing up
You were probably a boring kid
>>
I'm gonna borrow this thread real fast . If cyclops leaves spring mountain at 4:45 going 60 MPh and your leaving point Pleasant on a train going 45 who would get bacc to Ohio 1st?
>>
>>83923243
They have that, it's called Captain Planet
>>
File: Scott_Summers_(Earth-295).jpg (159 KB, 660x1452) Image search: [Google]
Scott_Summers_(Earth-295).jpg
159 KB, 660x1452
>>83926174
>>83926520
And now I have a big boner
>>
>>83927062
Who the hell goes back to Ohio?
>>
>>83927510
Meth dealers?
>>
>>83924134
It's a ring connecting her bikini bottom to her top.
>>
>>83924035
I assume they're monochromatic so no, they can only be reflected or absorbed
though it doesn't make a lick of sense that Ruby Quartz lenses absorb them so they obviously can't be considered normal light
>>
Why aren't his beams just lasers? Force blasts raise so many questions.

1. How does physics cope with his immunity to recoil?

2. Why do his glasses not go flying off his face / Why does Ruby Quartz absorb them if they're not red beams of light and are instead punch force?

3. Why doesn't everyone just get ruby quartz shield/armor when going to fight him?
>>
>>83927575
Now we know where the punch dimension is
>>
>>83929954
Or vibranium? Or solid diamond?
>>
Heres a Q for your A
How did they figure out that Ruby Quartz blocks the beams?
>>
File: OpticFist.png (339 KB, 1010x712) Image search: [Google]
OpticFist.png
339 KB, 1010x712
BEHOLD!
>>
>>83919244
It's optimal at best.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.