[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why have smartphones been so shoehorned into cartoons lately?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
Why have smartphones been so shoehorned into cartoons lately? Are that many kids getting them these days?
>>
Every fucking kid has a smartphone.
>>
>>83918491
that's like asking why lightbulbs and cars are in cartoons you stupid fuck
>>
>>83918491
Nearly every damn kid has a phone.
Even my six year old sister has a phone.
>>
>>83918491
Its not 1999 any more grandpa.
>>
The phone I own is from 2004. So, probably older than the demographic for this cartoon.
>>
>>83918491
>something that's literally everywhere in the real world is "shoehorned" when entertainment reflects it.
Sure man.
>>
>>83918491
They're a thing that people have which 99% of cartoon creators don't know how to put into canon in a way that doesn't break it.

Smartphones solve a bunch of ordinary problems, so cartoon and comic creators extrapolate that to mean that it solves a bunch of super problems as well. Even if the justification makes no sense.
>>
I got my first cellphone in 2005.

It was not uncommon, even then, for a buttload of kids to have them.

A better question is why the new PPG feels the need to shoehorn in memes.
>>
Smart phones are so fucking lame.
People were hoping we'd get shit like hover boards but no we just get a fucking portable computer that basically makes everyone worse for it by filling it with lame time filling nonsense and then it gets called the future.

I have one and its convenient but fuck I hate how people tote it as the great invention of modernity.
>>
It's fine if cartoons have modern technology, but I prefer cartoons that avoid using much technology at all, like Ed Edd n Eddy for example
>>
>>83918491
I bet you can't name five cartoons that shoehorn smartphones.
>>
File: 1465673890372.jpg (79 KB, 490x654) Image search: [Google]
1465673890372.jpg
79 KB, 490x654
>>83918491
Smartphones are pretty damn prevalent today, even the Japanese who'd rather use a flipphone have caught on.
>>
OP is man over thirty who still hasn't left his mom's basement apparently.
>>
>>83918491
My younger sibling had one when she was 9, I think. Granted, we gave her a cheap one so we can easily call her when she's at school.
>>
>>83919006
Because CN hired a bunch of womanchildren and nu-males who genuinely believe memes is the highest form of humor.
>>
>>83919088
I miss flipphones. Doing the dramatic whip out and whatnot.
>>
>1999
>Why have videogames been so shoehorned into cartoons lately? Are that many kids getting them these days?
>>
File: 100524.jpg (78 KB, 350x361) Image search: [Google]
100524.jpg
78 KB, 350x361
>>83919209
>>
My wife's brother is 9 years old and has a nicer phone than I do. Every kid has a phone in 2016
>>
>>83919079
PPG, AWoG, TTG, SU, WBB

Oh and all of from are on CN. You're welcome.
>>
Its not a big deal, though I suppose it can date the cartoon.
>>
File: latest[1].png (611 KB, 1065x795) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
611 KB, 1065x795
>>83919555
It dates a cartoon just as much as having an older computer/cartridges/walkmans/etc. in a cartoon.
Or hell, those old cordless phones they'd give big studio execs and shit.
Iphone's been around for almost 10 years, and over that time they haven't really changed that drastically.
Most likely in another 10 years, they won't change all that much either.
>>
>>83919012
Okay, grandpa, let's get you back to the home. I looked up the address on my phone and gave them a call letting them know you're alright. Let me just put it in my phone's gps and we can be off.
>>
From a cartooning standpoint smartphones are just more boring visually than an old fashioned land line phone.
>>
>>83919485
I would argue that only PPG and WBB actually shoehorn smartphones.
Unless you count just using a smartphone as shoehorning.
>>
>>83919555
>>83919690
BIG BOB'S BEEPERS
>>
>>83918491
I worked with kids in an afterschool program for the past 3 years. Every kid has a smartphone AND/or a tablet and none of their parents monitor what they do with them. Its terrifying. The worst side effect is all these shitty, easy smartphone games had conditioned kids to expect everything in life to be easy. It doesnt matter what the activity is: cooking, art, robotics, karate. If they can't accomplish a task by swiping their finger then they complain that "Its too hard..." and give up almost immediately. I don't even know how to talk about how awkward it is that every 8 year old has been exposed to the same internet I spend time on every day. They know all the words to every inappropriate song, they think every creepypasta is real... they're pretty certain the apocalypse is happening in their lifetime and are pretty apathetic as a result. Its all bad. Smartphones are too much power for an adult human to handle responsibly. Giving them to kids has ruined everything.
>>
>>83919262
Video games have been around since the 70's.
>>
>>83919809
I have to agree with this post, at the risk of sounding like a newspaper. It's just fundamentally wrong to give kids unrestricted access to this world.
>>
Nearly every single child in America has a smartphone now. Minecraft: Pocket Edition sold/still sells like gangbusters.
>>
>>83919851
>>83919809
Feel the same. Its too much disposal information at once. But parents dont give a fuck because it shuts them up. You want to know something freaky? When parents give babies touch screens, they begin swiping shit like books and magazines.
>>
>>83919794
Bob probably shot himself
>>
>>83919809
I can only assume this is why child labor laws are a thing though, because the same kind of disillusionment was happening and eventually people felt the health risks and that were too much and stopped letting kids be factory workers, novel fucking idea.
If anything it's almost a return to what was. Now they're back to being exposed to the shit show of reality, except now it's not through horrific mill-working and borderline slave labor, it's an unfiltered view of reality.
And kids have always been lazy shits, having their parents around usually counteracts it.
Surprise surprise I bet they're not around, or paying attention, in those situations you're mentioning.
Kids don't like doing /things/ in general, because people don't like doing /things/ in general. If you disagree you've never worked retail, where people are too lazy to READ A SIGN to see what is and isn't on sale. Many times I've had to read the fine print with my finger below the words like they're a pre-schooler.
You have this strange preconception that humans have ever, at any point, had their shit together.
This may calm or horrify you, this is the best-off we've ever been in general. People can and do do things like skydiving or mountain climbing without fear of a scratch giving them a lethal infection. For now at least. That's new, like 1920's new. Before than only those ok with risking such a slow agonizing death would hike a steep mountain or go rafting.
We'll be ok anon, it's not like the Black Plague were 1/3 of everyone died because of dirty rat-lice.
>>
>>83919165

Im not trying to defend the writers but there is every chance they were told target modern kids throw in memes because kids like them.
>>
>>83919895
Source?
>>
>>83919839
Yes, but I don't see them in many cartoons prior to the 90's.
>>
>>83920086
What the fuck is this post even trying to say?
>>
>>83919839
Cell phones have been around since the 80s
>>
>>83920086
I think this problem is entirely distinct from having to send little Timmy into the crawlspace of a machine to rip little Billy's mangled corpse out of it. It's not reality these kids are facing, but a constant mishmash of unfiltered stimuli. The kind of stuff that really warps their minds and fucks up their expectations. I wouldn't call most of that stuff "reality" though.
>>
>>83919809
>The free access which many young people have to romances, novels, and plays has poisoned the mind and corrupted the morals of many a promising youth; and prevented others from improving their minds in useful knowledge. Parents take care to feed their children with wholesome diet; and yet how unconcerned about the provision for the mind, whether they are furnished with salutary food, or with trash, chaff, or poison?
>>
Its not necessarily that all the kids have them, its more that they want them. (source: work at an elementary school, though many kids do have them, its definitely not ubiquitous) They're a desirable, "cool" commodity amongst kids.

Anyway, I'd also say featuring a smartphone in a cartoon is about as shoehorned as, say, a door. Or a refrigerator. Its part of life. It would honestly be weirder if they weren't there.
>>
>>83919809
>>83920086
Fucking character limit.
And I find it ironic you're so concerned with kids being so doom and gloom, but look at your post, man.
>kids these days, they're fucked, so we're all fucked, it's over, gg God, pls re.
Like I said before, it's not like almost half the species has been killed by rat-lice, some fucking kids are growing up with some rose-tinted utopian view of the world that'll be violently torn from them when they aren't around the censoring of their parents.
You know what THAT breeds, don't you? Young adults who can't deal with the sudden wave of negative information and desperately try to hide in the blissful comfort they had before in "safe spaces".
If anything, again may be calming and/or beyond terrifying, this'll probably mean more young adults who have a bit of an accepting cynicism not unlike a good amount of people on here. Not edge-Lord nihilism, not emotionless apathy, but a sardonic accepting of reality, as opposed to those who try to hide from it now because they had almost no exposure to information that was unpleasant growing up.
We're humans, no generation is ever going to seem good enough, no generation alone will ever BE good enough to fix everything, let alone a lot of things. Have some goddamn faith in humanity's stunning ability to be stubbornly good enough to get by until just before the brink, then pull away at last possible fraction of a second before extinction.
It's just like the Cold War, but with world views instead of global thermonuclear war. Hey look at that, see, we are getting better.
>>
>>83918491
My two year old nephew has his own tablet for watching cartoons on. Yes little kids all seem to have them.

But they're being shoehorned because the creators of the shows are out of touch and desperate.
>>
>>83920417
fuck off faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 256x256
>>83918491
The original smartphone.
>>
>>83920347
>It's not reality these kids are facing, but a constant mishmash of unfiltered stimuli.
>a constant mishmash of unfiltered stimuli.
That is reality once you take away philosophical interpretations. A bunch of unorganized(mishmash) events(stimuli) and things happening forever(constant)
And reality is on its own unfiltered, at least. Most of what happens in the universe doesn't affect us directly, so it's basically useless clutter-information as far as a person is concerned.
>The kind of stuff that really warps their minds and fucks up their expectations. I wouldn't call most of that stuff "reality" though.
Nor would I call what happens in a late 1800's mill/factory most of what reality is either.
But I assumed you were talking about news stories and shit like that freaking them out or making them think the end was nigh, and how that was making them disinterested because "why bother".
If I assumed wrong, then my bad.
>>
>>83920483
Fair enough
>>
>>83918491
>why does modern media reflect modern society
>why don't they just live in caves like me instead of meming
>>
Most of the people posting ITT are on cellphones
>>
>>83920418
>out of touch

They are ubiquitous, there's nothing "out of touch" about it. If there's going to be a phone featured in modern media at all it's going to be a smartphone. Premium models exist but you can get dirt cheap entry level ones for like thirty or forty bucks, they have shit hardware but they still perform all the standard smartphonery people expect.

"Basic" phones are really only bought by the elderly or people who work in hazardous job sites and know they're going to be smashing that sucker to bits within a month or two.
>>
>>83919895
That's not freaky at all. If they start learning that the rectangular slab with words on it reacts to touch, they'll treat similar-looking objects the same way until they're old enough to understand the difference. There is nothing unusual or abnormal about that, it's the way all sapient creatures fucking learn, like, everything.

I cannot believe the amount of "TV will rot your brain" mentality in this thread. Yall niggers are paranoid as fuck, making information more easily accessible is generally always a good thing. And parental control software exists for these devices, it's the dumbass parents' fault if they let their kid see something traumatizing on a tablet.
>>
File: 1441026866301.jpg (78 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1441026866301.jpg
78 KB, 720x720
I seen a group of kindergarden children trying to zoom in on a regular window, when it was first day of snow .like doing that zooming move on regular window and then failing to understand why it does not zoom
>>
>>83918491
Smartphones have been standard in society for a while now. I find it more weird when cartoons still use old fashioned phones
>>
>>83919012
>I hate how people tote it as the great invention of modernity.
You see that thing right in front of you? the thing called a computer? Do you understand how important that thing is? How it connects the entire world? How all the information, all the media, is accessible through it?

Now pull that brick out of your pocket. You notice how it's a portable version of a computer?

Normies may have gotten a hold of it but it is quite literally the most important invention of all time.
>>
>>83920871
>I find it more weird when cartoons still use old fashioned phones
They're more visually interesting from a cartooning standpoint. They have clearer silhouettes. They have more moving parts. They have cords that can sway and wrap around things. You can slam them angrily. Etc,
>>
File: hfatfury.jpg (143 KB, 504x495) Image search: [Google]
hfatfury.jpg
143 KB, 504x495
This is a stupid thread, and OP is a stupid person.
>>
>>83919012
>boo hoo, I wanted an extremely inefficient mode of transportation I probably wouldn't even use simply because I don't even use the current version of that device
I know this is bait, but people actually feel this way about life
>>
>>83920347
The issue is the singularity in general. Not that it's a problem itself. It's just that the effect of technology rapidly advancing has caused changes in society and culture that parents were wholly unprepared for. The dangers and demands of life can easily keep a person grounded. When those start to lessen, so does the concept of value. It's the difference between "I worked two jobs when I was 10 just to keep up with the latest issue of my favorite comic" and "I downloaded all of it 20 minutes, but it was shitty, so a total waste of time." The difference between "I want my kids to have it better than I did, so I'll actually stick around unlike my old man, and maybe make enough dough to get little Billy those vaccinations he always wanted" and "kids shouldn't have to worry about anything about the real world, they should focus on being themselves, because that's the most important thing in the world. And since I've got nothing better to do, he's my kid until he's 18."
>>
>>83920888
Smartphones are mankind's way of saying "Fuck you" to nature for not giving us telepathy or telekinesis.

We made it.
>>
File: 1416855219209.gif (3 MB, 150x118) Image search: [Google]
1416855219209.gif
3 MB, 150x118
>Work as a teacher for elementary school kids
>The phone issues has exploded out of control
I'm sorry, but having an expensive phone doesn't mean I can't take it away from you. I definitely don't care what apps you have and I'm certain you weren't using it for any educational value.
>>
>>83920962
I'm talking about mobile phones, anon.
>>
>>83921206
Narc
>>
>>83919088
So they still use flipphones in japan.
>>
>>83918491
What year are you posting from, grandpa?
>>
>>83921467
Who cares?
>>
>>83921467
Because it gives us the instant approval and gratification we never got from our parents.
>>
>>83921467
Speak for yourself, son. I'm living off the grid.
>>
>>83918491
Yes, almost every child from middle school and up has a smartphone.
>>
>>83921367
Yup. They're more convenient for their style of texting, so they have stayed on. They are super fucking advanced flip phones though that are on par with the latest and greatest smartphones here in the west.
>>
>>83919012
>we just get a fucking portable computer
How lame
>>
>>83921467
>>83921520
>he thinks he can escape being tracked by the powers that be anyways
Just willingly accept it cause you can't stop it anyways.
>>
File: image.jpg (192 KB, 1436x674) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192 KB, 1436x674
>>83921467
Thanks, Jews.
>>
>>83918491
Man I can understand wanting cartoons to be "timeless" or some shit, but do the same people who hate modern technology, as I see it called here a lot when talking about shows, also bitch about '80s/'90s cartoons having pop culture references or technology/clothing from those decades, or do they think that those serve as a cool "time capsule" type of thing?

Because at least one of those positions can sort of be defended and the other's more or less just "not muh"
>>
File: 1426068438270.gif (2 MB, 320x293) Image search: [Google]
1426068438270.gif
2 MB, 320x293
>>83919779
WBB feels like one huge deconstruction on the normalfag archtype as far as everyone being too reliant on what is hip in order to fill an empty void rather than cute bears doing cute things.
>Panda in general
>Tote life
>"Meme" contest
>Any episode with the koala
>>
I'm fine with them being pushed, it's like seeing some variant of McDonalds in it. Same shit. What gets me is how stupidly obsessed it can make people in real life.

Smartphones are to white people/ women as what Nikes/ Jordans are to black culture. It's a verification of success that you can wear/ carry with you, the new age medical degree or whatever.

How come when these types of things arise, people blow up about getting the "newest one" when nothing has changed? Like faggot gamers constantly getting the next COD and talking like you haven't been playing the same game for 20 years.

If it's literally something new/ different, that's cool, but not when it's refreshed every year.
>>
File: 1465017067643.png (147 KB, 350x311) Image search: [Google]
1465017067643.png
147 KB, 350x311
>>83921520
>>83921509

Your "dynamic" ip is traceable. Everyone's is. Don't pretend you're a special snowflake, faggolas.
>>
>>83921562
>he thinks that using fake info works
Oh wow. How naive. If you were born in a first world country then they already know everything they need if they ever needed to track you down. All that matters is that you don't give them a reason to do so.
>>
>>83921563
>Smartphones are to white people/ women as what Nikes/ Jordans are to black culture.
Not really. Black people collect dozens of pairs of expensive sneakers in spite of the fact they can not afford them. Every single person for the most part has a smart phone and upgrades are typically part of your cell phone contract.

People aren't walking around with smartphones to look successful, that's like saying your sedan makes you look as though you are success. They're walking around with smart phones because they are useful and necessary.
>>
>>83919209
>I miss flipphones. Doing the dramatic whip out and whatnot.

I think that's the problem with smartphones. They're not very funny. They're so clean and efficiently built, it's hard to anything amusing with them.

Having a cartoon character mess around with a smart phone just looks like a character rubbing his thumb on a black rectangle. You can show a character acting with an old fashion phone. Having them angrily slam down a wired phone is a a great way so show personality and emotion. You can't really do that with a smart phone.
>>
>>83921509
You don't live off the grid, you are on the Internet for starters. Why play pretend on 4chan?
>>
>>83921591
Doesn't matter. All anyone needs is an ip tracker, google maps and a brain higher than a chimps.
>>
>>83918491
Funny how they'll add new shit like smartphones to cartoon but when ever videogames are references they pull some throwback shit with 8bit sounds and pixels.
>>
>>83921646
It costs less to animate. What they SHOULD do though is use the exact same animation style in the game and have the character say "whoa these new graphics are so life-like."
>>
File: vokoun.webm (572 KB, 640x601) Image search: [Google]
vokoun.webm
572 KB, 640x601
>>83921206
>all those fucking vine faggots making vines of them instigating shit with their teachers

fucking kids
>>
>>83921646
That's usually the hipster ass show runners trying to be whatever by referencing shit like the Atari.
>>
File: 1462241161358.png (247 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1462241161358.png
247 KB, 640x640
>>83921646
>It's always Pac-Man, Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, or Frogger.

Because, you know, kids would definitely get THOSE references.
>>
>>83921590
Useful, yes. Necessary, no. Plenty of people do get them just to stay in the now. You're also mistaking my use of the word successful to mean accomplished, when it's more of an ongoing meaning. With everything young and social being about how much you're "getting laid", you're not going to be getting anything if you don't at least have a smart phone. I'm surprised these kids haven't started calling anyone who drives or has a job "grandpa", too.
>Wow, you do things? That's so 3 seconds ago.

Where's the logic behind that? Do they think those shoes are going to become "antiques" later on to be sold at high value?
>>
>>83921603
Rage isn't allowed to be funny anymore.
>>
File: Dragon.png (14 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
Dragon.png
14 KB, 100x100
>>83918491
Our age's instrument of chaos. The flash mob, the riot, the anonymous source, the grainy videos of atrocities.
>>
>>83921741
>Do they think those shoes are going to become "antiques" later on to be sold at high value?

They mostly come in colors like bright red, purple, teal, and gold as well as variations of each. One for each outfit.

>Neccesary, no
>You're not getting any unless you have one
Absolutely necessary to maintain some semblance of a normal social life.
>>
>>83921550

No they don't bitch at all, to OP it was completely different and fine when cartoons from his childhood did it, you see nostalgia googles and generational exceptionalism is something present in every society. This is basically another form of "these damn SJW/Tumblr/Jews/Liberals/CalArts/Memes" threads only this time it's "these kids of today ain't right".
>>
>Oh, I do verily say that this newfangled telephone contraption is put in far too many moving pictures of the modern day
>Does a single gentleman even have such a device in the proper world?
>>
>>83921522
So that explains why i still see flipphones in anime. Oh and is e-mail still big thing in japan?
>>
Like, man, it's so sad people a phone??

U know what I'm sayin'?

So sad. How about... Real? Instead?
Food thought.
>>
>>83921739
>Frogger
What is that, some kind of retro crossy road?
>>
>>83920347
I remember when video games used to destroy the youth this way back in the 90s.
>>
>>83918491
I still haven't upgraded to a smartphone just because my old LG is still working. I probably should sometime, though
>>
>>83922023
Look at us now, dude.

Video games did destroy us. Those idiots were totally right.
>>
>>83921960
Yeah but mostly done via said flipphones.
>>
File: 1445298430854.png (535 KB, 921x702) Image search: [Google]
1445298430854.png
535 KB, 921x702
Why have automobiles been so shoehorned into cartoons lately? Are that many kids getting them these days?
>>
>>83918491
giving them mobile phones was the only good change the power puff girls reboot made

im pretty sure they still use the landline when there at home to
>>
>>83922076

>standards of living and life expectancy higher than ever

yeah we've been destroyed
>>
>>83922076
It's like what that rock music did to genX.
>>
>>83919690
microsoft's hololens is a game changer.

take a google glass and mix it with an oculus rift and a kinect, plus a powerful voice assistant and virtual computing for unlimited computing power if you've got the cash. it's like a futuristic computer visor from an 80s cartoon, only better.

with a hololens, people can finally get back to looking each other in the eyes when they talk. this tech is not 10 years away although, in 10 years time, the tech may be improved enough that a future derivative may look like a cool pair of sunglasses.

that's just one of the things that's around the corner.
>>
>>83921739
>Pac-Man,
has a cartoon, is in modern vidya
>Super M4rio Bros, The Legend of Zelda,
yes.

>Frogger.
this one is unforgivable, same with Pitfall references.
>>
>>83918491
>shoehorned
stop using fucking words dumbass
>>
>>83918491
GO OUTSIDE
O

O
U
T
S
I
D
E
>>
>>83919012
i can literally call someone on the other side of the world, access thousands of libraries worth of information, do my taxes, pay my bills, locate my parking space, summon the rain gods, and calculate my fading love for my wife with that portable computer
>>
>>83921739
kids watch youtube

they probably know more retarded trivia about pacman than you do
>>
>>83922489
Eh, maybe they could get it working in 10 years, but I don't see it reaching the ubiquitous nature of the Iphone in that time.

Current issues with the Hololens, just from the short time people have actually had with it:
>Semi-bulky, easily fixed
>highly narrow field of view, moderate issue to fix as it requires further rendering power
>possible user interface issues, false positives, live mic syndrome, etc. moderate issue if current VR development is anything to go by
>cost, moderate issue as it requires quite a bit of computing power as well as their new processors which could be very costly. Iphones are expensive too, but they're usually done on a different system than something like a computer is, which the hololense is closer too
>the big one, lack of portability, huge issue to tackle for it's development
A LOT of people don't seem to realize this, but the Hololens isn't just the glasses. It's the glasses synced to what is probably a very strong computer in order to render all the data fast enough to avoid latency/strobbing issues.
This means that most conventional laptops probably won't work with it and it will be relegated to a small area around the computer, a couple rooms at best.

Overcoming that hurdle is going to be a huge task of compensating wireless range and processing power. It doesn't seem likely that the hololens will be turned into something you can take outside anytime soon.
>>
>>83922489
>with a hololens, people can finally get back to looking each other in the eyes when they talk.
Why?
People are shit.
There is a reason people choose newspapers and mobile phones over having to listen to anything these vapid dumbfucks have to say.
>>
File: 2943.jpg (276 KB, 1435x597) Image search: [Google]
2943.jpg
276 KB, 1435x597
>>83919012
You sound like one of those porker people from WALL-E. In fact I bet that is your dream, isn't it? To be 500lbs, and have something move your body for you, while you continue to shovel shit down your mouth and let it fester up the vomit you type in your shitposts.
>>
>>83922708
>fading love

Why would you choose someone whom you won't love forever?
>>
>>83922861
go make money on the stock market, futurist
>>
>>83922861
he's not a stupid Swan
>>
>>83922861
Can I get some lottery numbers?
>>
File: 1463875633494.gif (499 KB, 387x305) Image search: [Google]
1463875633494.gif
499 KB, 387x305
Considering the rampant and blatant misuse of disinformation on the internet, I legitimately think it's a horrible idea to give young impressionable kids any sort of access to the Internet for recreation outside of shit like vidya.

Seriously, as someone who got paid to slowly lay out the groundswell along with a couple other hundred people to basically change the board culture of many different forums to be way more accepting of a new game that, guaranteed, would've been blasted into oblivion had it not been for the use of memetics creating context to make it uncool to like it...

Let me tell you, it's really easy to manipulate people. If you think it's bad how biased some news narratives are, just imagine that, but literally half of the fuckers talking to you basically doing the same thing, basically being "in on it". Imagine every other dude on the Internet basically just being completely illogical to further a narrative so prevalent that you seem like an aberrant for disagreeing with it, even amongst people who disagree with it. It's not just game companies that do this, many think tanks do this and you better believe the boys in washington do this.

It's not a good idea to give your kid the equivalent of a conditioning device.

Tl;Dr go watch that one clip from metal gear solid 2 about creating context.
>>
>>83922888
Meh, it's more or less an inevitability here.
You can try to shelter your child from the internet as hard as you shelter them from bullies or reality or whatever, they're still gonna get a facefull of it at some point.

I'd say the best thing is to treat it with the respect it deserves: be present and aware of what your kid uses the internet for and teach them to stay safe/don't trust what they read on it.
Same way you would tell them to not believe everything they read, make it clear that there's many "news" sites that are bullshit and a lot of dumbasses on the internet.

TL;DR be a fucking parent
>>
>>83922888
>Let me tell you, it's really easy to manipulate people.
>Imagine every other dude on the Internet basically just being completely illogical to further a narrative so prevalent that you seem like an aberrant for disagreeing with it, even amongst people who disagree with it.

Yeah, that's what happened with BvS. People used meme magic to make it seem like a bad movie. It's interesting though because of the lengths people go to defend truth. I haven't seen so much ferocity and will to defend what is right before.
>>
>>83921367
>>83921522
>>83921960
>>83922103
Their flipphones were smartphones before smartphones. When everybody in west had a black and white cellphone that only makes calls and text messages Japanese flipphones already had mobile internet, games, email, etc just like smartphones.
>>
>>83922919
See, here's the thing. It's actually unavoidable. In every little tiny thing on the internet in every major relevant website there's basically the equivalent of an entire Indian call center dedicated to essentially creating an entire environment where it's unreasonable to think a certain way, or at least it's perceived to be so. So it's less about not believing something as much as being able to read between lines and knowing when you're being bullshitted. This is something children simply lack outright due to inexperience and it is objectively bad for them because it's an environment intended to essentially brainwash people into being a certain way and being more open to certain things which usually just amount to being more open to buying something. It's nothing as sinister as some illuminati brainwashing thing but it really does create a culture of brain dead consumers.

It's literally just the equivalent of putting your kids face up to a tv with a bunch of ads for hours on end, it just ain't right.
>>
>>83919779
>SU? NU-UH!
>>
>>83922999
Nigga, that's the history of all media.
They used to think books would make kids lackadaisical and constantly fantasizing.

First of all, you really should give kids more credit than they're due.
Sure, they don't have the capacity to fully understand future consequence until they're far older, but they can still think for themselves.
Also, again, part of a parent's job is to protect them from things. This includes imparting knowledge on how to deal with things. Teaching them to read between those lines and what is safe to go to.
The real problem comes from balancing that, and their own exploration while developing a sense of self. You need to let up on the reigns at times and let them make some mistakes so they can develope and become better for it while still keeping them from falling down the rabbit hole per say.
>>
>>83921603
>>83920962
>From a cartooning standpoint smartphones are just more boring visually than an old fashioned land line phone.

videochat. having the screen change colors to reflect the emotion of the speaker, maybe even blasting the caller with colored sound waves to reflect intensity. swiping away from the phone app to select an app specifically designed to hang up with nuclear force. having visible waves of em radiation pulse through the air, bouncing through walls and objects, and from tower to tower. maybe have the em waves resemble the caller, like an astral projection, creeping up on a recipient who would rather be left alone. calling from voip and hacking the recipient over wifi. throwing the phone and having it shatter into a thousand pieces or having whatever it hits shatter instead. having a digital personal assistant, like in op's picture. having the phone catch fire or explode due to a battery short. dealing with modern day operators which are crappy, voice operated robots or else wage slaves from a foreign land. the options are endless.

furthermore, there's research showing that people think of their phones in a manner similar to how they think of other people, so you could even have the phone come alive, like bmo.

what can you do with a landline? pick it up and slam it down. maybe twirl the cord with your fingers or trip on it on your way out the door.

smartphones are only boring if you make them so.
>>
>>83921467
>He looks at child porn
>>
>>83918491
>Are that many kids getting them these days?
You have no idea...
>>
Smartphones and cellphones are a step towards slavery. Privacy and the ability to disappear have been taken away from you, and children do not understand what they have lost, and neither do adults because most of them are cattle. This is what humanity has become - cattle. And you've been clapping your hands to every ball and chain they threw at you because muh technology.

There are no substitutes for adventure. And there is no greater adventure than the adventures of childhood. But that's all gone now. We killed it. We traded our very souls for shitty "games" and apps. We are declining as a species and you're cheering it on.

Mark of the Beast soon fellow Man, and you will pay good money to have it. You are that stupid. It matters not if it will be a biblical thing or a corporate thing, or just something some "visionary innovator" cooked up to get rich. It's the exact same thing either way. Those kids will never be real people, and many of you aren't real either.
>>
>>83923352
worst post of the thread, everyone go home
>>
>>83921739
eh frogger is pretty well known maybe not by name but by concept

pitfall is a little odd but if it gets our young people to try pitfall im all for it
>>
>>83923352

Oh no, not this nigger again.

Shouldn't you be on the TLH general complaining about "muh d-generacy"
>>
>>83923352
>then
>go run around innawoods
>now
>go run around innawoods, can photograph anything intersting, can check your map if you get lost, can check what berries you really shouldn't eat
>>
A GIRL FALLS IN LOVE WITH A BOY UNABLE TO CONFESS
>>
>>83922008
>Frogger

frogger is a ww2 sim where you can play as a nazi stormtrooper and rape the french. or you can play as a russian conscript and rape the french. or you can play as a us airman and ... you get the idea.

either way, jacquelline (or jacques if you're a filthy deviant) is getting fucked.
>>
>>83922807
*tip*
>>
File: Shaggy's_cell_phone.png (76 KB, 250x193) Image search: [Google]
Shaggy's_cell_phone.png
76 KB, 250x193
>>83923528
>>83923541
Shaggy Dramatically Reads Keit-Ai.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s036F7I9tsFP
>>
>>83923541

Is this that Keit-ai meme I keep hearing about?
>>
>>83920814
Yeah but imagine when we're living in a sci-fi utopia where you can actually do that
>>
>>83918491
i've recently been doing a rotation in a pediatric clinic. Half of these kids have a phone that's more expensive than mine.
>>
>83919809
i think you've forgotten that kids are just whiny by nature and that an unspoiled kid is like a unicorn.

even before the internet, you had whiny ass, spoiled kids saying 'THAT'S TOO HARD' to the most rudimentary of tasks, like walking across the room, picking up a book, flipping through an index, or even flipping on the light.

you're also forgetting that being blase and tired of everything is still considered 'cool' at that age, as if it's somehow cool to be disaffected. 'whatever. i'm over it. this sucks'. no, YOU SUCK and you're not fooling ... oh god i'm old

>they think every creepypasta is real
did you seriously forget what it was like to be a kid?

>they're pretty certain the apocalypse is happening in their lifetime and are pretty apathetic as a result

it's your job as an elder to lead them in the right direction. granted, with super ais looming around the corner, i'm not sure what kind of a shot you can give them, but you'll have to do the best that you can and they must do the best that they can and that's pretty much what's always been true throughout if they don't want to be dirt fucking poor.
>>
File: 1464181046882.gif (560 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1464181046882.gif
560 KB, 500x281
>>83923528
>>83923541
>go to /co/ to get away from /a/ keit-ai spam
>come across this thread
>it's about a cellphone
>nervouslaughter.gif
>see these posts
>mfw
>>
>>83923529
le kek
>>
>>83921646
>Funny how they'll add new shit like smartphones to cartoon but when ever videogames are references they pull some throwback shit with 8bit sounds and pixels.
This actually makes a bit of sense to me. I mean, a lot of games these days have music that wouldn't sound out of place in a movie or TV show. Hacking and slashing sound effects from something like God of War or shooting from a FPS or something wouldn't sound out of place in an action movie. Whereas you have the Mario jump sound effect and the sound of coins being collected, and you instantly think "video game."

It's still inaccurate and silly, but I get why they do it.
>>
File: landscape-1435758551-m3.jpg (96 KB, 980x490) Image search: [Google]
landscape-1435758551-m3.jpg
96 KB, 980x490
>people justifiying this with "it's a thing now"
The show isn't set in today time you fucking morons, it's like 2-3 years later than the first fucking series.
Those fuckers still used rotary phones ffs.
Basically all of the cars looked like this, a design that hasn't been used for at least 15 years
>>
>>83924585
that may well just be a result of the incompetence of everybody working on this show

although the storyboarders seem decent are there any storyboards involving cars
>>
>>83924765
I meant to say that in the old show cars looked like that, aka set in a time period way before smartphones were a thing, so a show set 2-3 years later shouldn't include those
>>
File: tlh vidya.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
tlh vidya.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>83921646
>>83921739

I was actually surprised when I saw kids playing assfaggots on tlh.
>>
>>83923268
>furthermore, there's research showing that people think of their phones in a manner similar to how they think of other people, so you could even have the phone come alive, like bmo.
Whatever happened to that Brave Little Toaster reboot that was going to feature just this?
>>
>>83918509
Are you kidding me? These girls are way too young to have them. I didn't have one until I was sixteen.
>>
>>83924974
Go outside anon
>>
File: 1449103890849-0.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1449103890849-0.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>83921646
>>83921739
A counter example for good measure
>>
File: 1449103890851-1.jpg (946 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1449103890851-1.jpg
946 KB, 1988x3056
>>83925097
>>
File: 1449103890852-2.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1449103890852-2.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>83925113
>>
>>83921206
When I was a kid some of us had cell phones and we absolutely weren't allowed to dick around on them in class. Granted we barely had texting and snake but it's quite literally a toy when you're a kid. It's like getting mad a teacher took away your gameboy.
>>
>>83924974
I'm 26 and I still don't have one.

How the fuck are kids affording these things when they cost several hundred dollars?

Or rather, how the fuck do the parents afford to spend hundred of dollars on a flimsy electronic device these stupid kids are inevitably going to break?
>>
>>83923352
God shut up you autistic polish pedophile
>>
>>83925256
You can get fairly basic ones for around 60 or so dollars, and some providers do deals where if you switch you can get them at discount.
Like, you can get expensive ones, but even just buying last year's model can dramatically cheapen them.
>>
>>83925256
>Or rather, how the fuck do the parents afford to spend hundred of dollars on a flimsy electronic device these stupid kids are inevitably going to break?
Credit cards, and national debt.
>>
>>83918491
So?
Kids have them now?
Shits not like the old days man

>m-muh childhood
>>
As a teacher, the worst part about smartphones is how they can easily record at any time.
>>
>>83925428
W-what are you implying
>>
>>83925428
And what do you have to hide?
>>
>>83919809
Kids are dumb, we were dumb i cant even tell you sme of those retarded rumors i heard in elementary school

I even beleived the world was eding because my dad kept talking about THE RAPTURE
>>
>>83925428
Ok, and? Anon?
>>
>>83925256
When adjusting for inflation, the original Gameboy cost about $170 when it came out.
>>
>>83918491

I teach sixth graders and they all fucking have phones.

For fuck's sake I wasn't even allowed to have a phone until I got my driver's license, and even then I was a senior in college before I got a smartphone. Spoiled brats.
>>
>>83925428
Being a teacher in general is just the worst fucking job atound this time as kids are disrepectful shits who take everything for granted and act very spitefully if they know they have the power to ruin you. And it sucks because I respect teaching a lot thanks to my old teachers.
>>
>>83925441
>>83925447

>Be American
>Get recorded lightly slapping the side of a student's head to get them to pay attention
>Get sued for assault
>Lengthy court battle
>Get disowned by the Teacher's Association
>>
>>83925469
They are spoiled brats because they got phones early?

I got my first flip phone when i was in 6th grade, i think i might still have it around
>>
>>83919262
>every time video games are shown in a cartoon, it's the same old atari 4bit platformer from 1972
>>
>>83925097
>>83925113
>>83925127
And in the cartoon itself, Vampire Pig Slayer or whatever it was.
>>
>>83925488
>lightly slapping
That's what your mother said before she was dragged to jail for beating up your dad.
>>
>>83925471

It depends on where you're teaching and how on the ball the administration is. General rule of thumb I've found is that the more students to deal with, the worse behaviors get because the troublemakers know they can get away with more shit because there's more steps of removal between the VPs and admins and the actual problems. Not having clear boundaries and having those expectations consistently enforced is another problem, and of course it's harder to enforce those when you've got a high student::teacher ratio. In addition to the general corruption and money embezzlement, this is the main problem with inner-city and urban zoned schools.
>>
>>83925428
>tfw 5th graders record themselves bullying you and the video goes viral
>>
>>83925469
If your parents got you a car, you have no right to complain.
>>
>>83925502

They learn the wrong lessons from having a phone. The purpose ofmy phone was safety reasons, to be able to stay in contact while I was out on my own. Like for example, I have a (much older) cousin who has a kid who just started seventh grade, and he got a cellphone because he has track practice after school and his parents wanted him to be able to call if he needed a ride or something else happened. That's perfectly fine with me.

Getting your kid a smartphone just allows them unrestricted access to cheap entertainment on their parents' dime and they don't see any of that cost. I mean, my brothers and I played a lot of video games when we were growing up, but our parents made it very clear that we pay for that shit ourselves, so we were a lot more critical and careful, both about using money, and also what we chose to buy to make sure it was worth the cost.
>>
>>83920656
But are any people posting in this thread 8 yr olds?
>>
>>83919012
When I was a kid, I made a superhero who's power was literally "has a portable supercomputer". 20 years later that's literally what we have, save Luddites, tin-foilers, and the extreme destitute.
>>
>>83925594
Yes
>>
>>83925558

Nope, drove a family car through high school, didn't have a car in college because all the shit I needed was close by and I took the bus back home to visit, and after that I bought my first car from my uncle for about $3000. (slightly discounted but it was still a piece of shit.)
>>
>>83925615
Touche.
>>
>>83921603
>Having them angrily slam down a wired phone is a a great way so show personality and emotion. You can't really do that with a smart phone.

this has been substituted with slamming down a laptop lid during skype calls
>>
ITT
>>
File: Dennou.Coil.full.478017[1].jpg (942 KB, 1510x2136) Image search: [Google]
Dennou.Coil.full.478017[1].jpg
942 KB, 1510x2136
>ctrl f
>no "Denno Coil"

wtf are you guys doing?
>>
>>83925703
I feel like throwing a smartphone is a better way of illustrating anger than we've ever had before.
>>
File: old.jpg (29 KB, 477x477) Image search: [Google]
old.jpg
29 KB, 477x477
>>83918491
>>
>>83925256
>What are credit cards
>What are cheap shitty phones
>What are contract phones
>>
>>83925256
i have one, it was one of those gift things that some newspapers or so give you if you order a subscription for a year(i didn't do it, but my landlord who wanted me to be reachable in case he needed to call me)
the same is done with cellphone sim cards. If you have a proper subscription and not one of those where you have to reload the amount you can use it, then they will give it to you for like 1$ or so.

Of course those are not the newest or bestes of apple or so, but they are still smartphones being able to do anything those expensive ones can do.
>>
>>83925801
Nobody cares about your ching chong cartoons Billy
>>
>>83921206
>I was using the educational apps I swear.
That got a chuckle out of me. Anything remotely educational would be in a Web browser anyways. Most apps are just shovel ware trash
>>
File: tsuruya laugh.gif (355 KB, 549x376) Image search: [Google]
tsuruya laugh.gif
355 KB, 549x376
>>83925256
>I'm 26 and I still don't have one.
>>
>>83925256
I got mine for free by trading in my old phone. You just stupid.
>>
>>83925256
>I'm 26 and I still don't have one.
You sound like a complete fucking failure
>>
>>83925256
>when they cost several hundred dollars?
This ain't, what, 2010? anymore anon.

Basic Smartphones are cheap as shit. That said kids are running around with some top of the line stuff these days.
>>
>>83926233
>>83926248
>>83926264
>>83926333
>Those post times
Fucking hell take the (you) already, shit. You didn't get a response because the bait is weak you fucking idiot
>>
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 640x1136
>>83926357
Kill yourself anon
>>
>>83923642
Then you just don't have the newest phone which is hardly suprising. Nowadays you can upgrade your phone every two years for a fee that mostly only shows up in your phone bill. Even if your parents weren't paying for it you can bet most things kids use their part time job money for is a nice phone and paying 5heir phone bill
>>
>>83920331
But, anon! Smart phones are different because they didn't exist when *I* watched cartoons!
>>
>>83919895
>>83920163
This was pretty worrisome for me personally.
My cousin was visiting and his little girl (age 4) was sitting with me looking at pictures we had on our regular camera (my mom likes to bring it with us, but I take pictures on my phone usually since it has a better camera lens)

So we're sitting there and I'm going through them with her, and then she's looking at one really close, and then she swipes her finger on the screen.

>>83921603
They could angrily hang up the phone and then toss it. I've seen that a few times where the character hangs up on someone and tosses the phone off screen or to a couch or something.

It was a totally surreal moment for me because I realized that she probably has never had the time with a device that didn't do that.
>>
>>83926357
Just because people are telling you it's dirt cheap doesn't mean they're all samefagging.
>>
>>83926500
>They could angrily hang up the phone
tapping a screen in anger doesn't have the same effect as closing a flip phone in anger.
>>
>>83918491
Lol

Wow, what are you, 68? Complaining about cartoons?
>>
Go to the kids section of youtube and watch those insufferably bad videos with millions of views. Kids with smartphones or tablet devices watch these on loop for days at a time. I was at the store the other day and this kid was using his dad's phone to watch some crappy toy unboxing video and his dad needed to make a call. He gently took the phone away from his kid explaining he needed his phone back and the child SCREAMED like he was dying. The dad left him with his mom as he went around the corner to do the call and the child would not stop screaming. The moment he returned the phone with the video playing again the kid stopped and went back to normal.

I wonder what would happen if youtube died for a few days.
>>
>>83926758
Technology was a mistake.
>>
>>83926758
>some crappy toy unboxing video
What's so bad about them? They seem harmless
>>
>>83926841
They are harmless and kept to their own self contained parts of youtube, but they're still low effort crap that can rake in millions of dollars. Its one of those things that are so dumb and simple you realize that *anyone* could have stumbled upon it first and been the biggest earner on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=egg+opening

Every co-worker I know with kids says they plop them down in front of some super cheap tablet and they just watch them all day.
>>
>>83923528
>>83923541
>>83923579
>>83923603
>>83924030
Never seen it. What's wrong with it? How is it worse than any normal anime? Can someone explain this meme?
>>
>>83926758
To be fair that kid was probably autistic. In the literal sense not the 4chan meme sense.
>>
>>83918491
I wouldn't know about children in particular, I don't go hanging around elementary schools, but smartphones are fucking everywhere. I am often literally the only person in a room without one, and at this point I want to keep it that way just for curmudgeon points.
>>
>>83926758
>>83926942
What's the appeal? Do kids just like being surprised? But most of them say what the toy is in the title...
>>
>the one thread in 4chan where no one uses a smartphone because they're lame
>>
File: 1464741307327.jpg (80 KB, 728x640) Image search: [Google]
1464741307327.jpg
80 KB, 728x640
>>83925558
>mfw my car was the cheapest on the lot for 12th and most of 11th grade
>literally a hand-me-down from my grandpa to my dad, and then to me
>car was a 1992 Mitsubishi Galant (I was born in 1994), worth less than a lot of people's computers

I can't claim to have pulled myself up by my bootstraps or anything, but I'd like to think I avoided going full Rich Kids of Instagram.
>>
>>83918491
Probably won't give my kid a smartphone if I ever have kids. I know though if I do give them a phone at a young age it'll be a cheap ass Nokia or flipphone
>>
>>83919690
Cartridges are still used though. Hells there are rumors that Nintendo will be going back to cartridges for their new console.
>>
>>83927031

From what I understand it's literally just a copypasta that's getting memed so much people are now shitposting with it as if it's a real anime
>>
>>83926758

Don't forget millions of kids watching streamers or e-celebs doing nothing or playing video games. Yes, kids these days don't play video games, they watch someone play it for them.
>>
>>83927300
Carts should be used over disc in general now. I mean before it was space reasons before and we had to deal with the slow load times which are still a problem nowadays but now carts can hold just as much.
>>
>>83927373
Why is that bad?
>>
>>83927373
Who gives a fuck?
>>
>>83927385
>>83927411

Why would you watch someone else play video games? Why not play them yourself? You miss on all the brain stimulation you get from decision making, figuring stuff, dopamine release etc etc. Instead you watch some unfunny retard do it for you.
>>
>>83927085
People just naturally want to see what's inside things. Its like grocery bags in movies, They always have celery and bread sticking out so you know what it is. If its not there people start asking questions and making retarded guesses as to what the thing is. Unless the contents of a case or bag is meant to be a mystery then you must show whats inside beforehand.

Hell, on Twitch the streamer who recently broke the highest concurrent viewers number wasn't even playing the game. He was just opening card packs in hearthstone. He wasn't even the one doing it either, he went to the restroom and his girlfriend was doing it for him. The average viewer age of his stream was 25. These were adults spamming chat to open packs. The most popular counterstrike streamers just sit there and open weapon cases all day. They get thousands of dollars in donations to open the cases on stream. People could spend the money and open the boxes themselves, but no.
>>
>>83927537
do you get mad when people watch football on TV too
>>
File: en-30.png (665 KB, 750x736) Image search: [Google]
en-30.png
665 KB, 750x736
lol
>>
>>83927537
It might be boring but I don't think it's actively harmful. Besides, you can still sorta solve puzzles if the streamer is stupid and takes a long time...
>>
>>83927610
Not him but sports are more a case of patriotism.
>>
>>83927647
esports?
also watching someone play the game is kinda like playing with a friend
its why alot of people do it

lonely kids and stuff
>>
>>83927647
explain why my family was watching the Euro League last night despite living a hemisphere away then
>>
>>83919943
I like to see the new Hey Arnold movie tackle what happened to Bob after the beeper business went bust.
>>
>>83927669
Do they have roots in Europe?
Do they feel attached to them?
>>
>>83927669
Is your family the royal family of England on vacation?
>>
>>83926264
Or maybe he isn't consumerist swine who needs to go out and buy every pointless new gadget just because they look cool.
>>
>>83927743
>new gadget
>look cool
have you ever used a smarthphone?
>>
>>83927743
Dude, you make it sound like Smartphones aren't extremely useful.
>>
>>83927665
>my brother streams lets play
>he has no friends
>we used to play videogames together

hmm now i feel sad

not sad enough to try and reconnect tho! fuck that loser
>>
>>83927730
not in the slightest, outside of club rivalries

>>83927741
i do live somewhere the royal family might go for vacation
>>
>>83927743
>new gadget
>cell phone
Also
>he
Fucking faggot
>>
>>83927831
>i do live somewhere the royal family might go for vacation
Australia?
>>
File: maldives.jpg (42 KB, 550x331) Image search: [Google]
maldives.jpg
42 KB, 550x331
>>83927857
Why on earth would the Royal Family come to fucking AUSTRALIA for vacation?
>>
>>83919165
well see, they aren't wrong. memes are an extremely high form of humor. Only issue is the people meming the memes are shit at meming memes. As well they have no sense of delivery or style, which is where humor truly comes from. they're just writing in things that could be funny in hopes that it will be.
>>
>>83927793
I don't see how they're useful except as another way to waste time. The only thing I think is cool about them is how you can look up anything on the fly if you need a fact check but I rarely need or want to do that.
>>
>>83927905
I don't know shit about the Royal family except for the fact that they go there some times.
>>
>>83927537
>>83927610
I like watching professionals play multiplayer video games because then I can learn new strategies for when I play them. Plus it's nice to see the synergy that you'll never get by playing with pub scrubs.
>>
>>83927927
GOD i wish more people got this. i'm so sick of people throwing a fit every time they see a meme just because most memes are delivered stupidly. imagine if you hated all humor because of "haha, get it?" types
>>83918491
the dumb part is they don't think this will immediately date the show
>>
>>83929585
>date the show
Smart phones have been popular for a decade, they don't date the show anymore than the telephone in the original series
>>
>>83925256
parents on contracts usually give their kids their old phones when they're upgrading, it's how you see kids running around with galaxy s5s and shit
>>
>>83925488
>lightly slapping
You probably shouldn't use any form of physical contact on any students nowadays, the potential downfalls are too risky
>>
>>83929944
don't adress anyone under the age of 45, either.
>>
>>83921786
fuck yeah dragon best group, illuminati can suck my ass
>>
>>83925594
>implying 90% of the chins isn't underage faggots
>implying most of the people reading this post right now are underage
If you're underage and reading this right now, get off our adult board, you underage faggot.
>>
>>83925256
Smartphones and tablets second hand are relatively cheap especially if you go and buy last years models
>>
>>83919006
>2005
>Smartphone
You must have lived in a fairly affluent area, then, because the majority of smartphones available then were Windows Mobile and Blackberry phones, and those cost upwards of $500 when most phones topped out at $200-$300. Maybe people had Sidekicks? But even then, those were messaging phones.

No kids had those things where I was from, and we weren't poor. You were lucky to have a RAZR.
>>
>>83925256
>I m 26 and I still don't have one.
Lol
>>
>>83930138
He said cellphone you literal autist
>>
>>83919012
my phone is a GPS capable auto map, mp3 player, portable television, text communicator, internet browser, ans phone. yeah I think kids don't deserve an honest to god smart phone till they're sixteen but they're nifty.
>>
>>83929904

Shit parents. I would never give a child any device that can access the internet before they're 25.
>>
>>83919012
Faggot
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.