[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Transformers Beast Wars >when it frist came it was originally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 7
File: 748449515191151.png (976 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
748449515191151.png
976 KB, 1024x768
>Transformers Beast Wars
>when it frist came it was originally considered garbage and a shit idea
>truk not munky
>overtime it became one of the best Transformers shows to date
>those characters
>that plot
>that 90s CGI
>it ends
>Transformers Beast Machines is announced
>fucking hype
>it comes out it
>it is complete shit
>ruins the characters both predacons and maximals
>the literally only good characters were the vehicon commanders
>they all "die" one by one

Transformers Beast Wars thread
>>
>>83913870

Why did they have to disguise themselves as dinosaurs exactly?
>>
>>83913870
Wasn't Beast Wars ongoing when Machines came out?
>>
>>83913904
dinosaurs are fuckin' cool
>>
>>83913904
>>83913936

Due to being on earth at the time they found the natives were prehistoric dinosaurs and shit so they to become "robots in disguise"

It was explained in Beast Machines apparently Transtech era transformers were so advanced that they could turn into just about anything including plants.
>>
>>83913904

More suitable for the terrain? Not like there were any roads or air strips.

How were they supposed to know the forms they chose were from extinct species?
>>
>>83913972
what possible fucking advantage could there be to be turning into a fucking plant
>>
Beast Wars is better but I liked Beast Machines. They were both quite unique.
>>
>>83913904
Something something planetary radiation.
The animal wildlife was immune to it so by taking their for they were also immune somehow. They sorta dropped that later on, but early in the show it was the reason they only went into robot mode for fights.
>>
>>83913904
Emerging exposure. Animal forms shielded them from it.
>>
>>83914018
this guy got it right. missing a few details though:
beast modes are offshoots of pretender technology, with fully functional Terminator-tier living flesh outer coatings, and they find organic life on this planet is energon-resistant

however, choosing DEAD animals was kind of a stupid idea, since from the beginning they suspected there was something unnatural going on with the planet, so for all they knew that's what killed the dinosaurs.
however since they made a few modifications and extrapolations to their forms, it's possible they just scanned normal animals and reshaped them INTO dinosaurs thinking 'fuck yeah they look cool'

and yeah it was dropped after the energon was burned off, but by then most of them had transmetal forms so their alternate forms each ahd their own useful aspects. Even before that, they often did: rhinox would have trouble running at 45 mph and impaling you on his horn in robot mode.
>>
>>83914070
*Energon
>>
File: review_glw2p2_4.jpg (59 KB, 500x753) Image search: [Google]
review_glw2p2_4.jpg
59 KB, 500x753
>>83914001

To fool the plant cops?
>>
>>83913907
No it was the direct sequel.
it particularly sucks because Wars had such a triumphant (if poorly-paced) ending, and Machines begins with it all having gone tits-up offscreen in a way that makes less than no sense.
>>
Why was Beast Wars Megatron one the fucking best villains ever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWWXw5SMIP0

He was the perfect mix of everything comedy,menacing,brutal and cunning. That fucking speech on the arc though made you feel bad for the Predacons

>hmm the great war....where the Autobots defeat the Decepticons and thus there decendents the maximals rule we predacons archaic energon guzzlers
>How dare THEY
>Unwilling though I was to follow my namesakes instructions

Seriously that scene made me love the Predacons I never really connected with Primal though the other Maximals were great though like Silverbolt and Rattrap I just never fucking liked that monkey.
>>
>>83914001
on a planet of all plants: disguise.
also what she turned into can't be called a plant because it was an animal, it just had planty bits on it. but fewer planty bits than, say, a stick insect. thing had a generically vertebrate face, eyes, mouth, arms and hands.. most of the rest of it was a mass of vines.

in any case her character was shit. she goes down in history as the only main transformer character in a series to not only never have a toy but never even be INTENDED to have one.
>>
>>83914001
If we go by Botanica, being skilled at Transfomer-alchemy, able to take down several enemies at once and being best waifu.
>>
File: BWTelemocha_triffid.jpg (144 KB, 787x645) Image search: [Google]
BWTelemocha_triffid.jpg
144 KB, 787x645
>>83914001
>At some point during the planning for the Telemocha Series, the idea was tossed around to create some brand new toys for the line. Internal TakaraTomy documents include designs for a jellyfish, a manticore and a Triffid.
>>
>>83914163
i'm pretty sure that was all her though
also, eew dude, eew. next youll be telling me beast machines rattrap was cute, with his gross little face.
>>
>>83914194
well that is just the epitome of 'moving some parts around'

i fucking want to see the manticore though.
fuzors were a genius idea because there's a lot of animals (or vehicles for that matter) that just don't become good robots due to certain parts that can't really turn into anything (in both cases, wings) and those parts take up all the useful mass..
in practice they didnt do much creative with their transformations, quickstrike aside, but the point is they COULD have!
>>
File: Rattrap-bmtv.jpg (18 KB, 307x341) Image search: [Google]
Rattrap-bmtv.jpg
18 KB, 307x341
>>83914196

Never forget, never forgive,
>>
>they came up with a plant tranformer, human transformers and boombox transformers
>still no bus or submarine transformers

DEFEND THIS
>>
>>83913904
They explain in the 1st episode that raw energon fucks up their circuits if exposed to it for too long. Their animal modes shielded them from the radiation.
>>
>>83914275
Isn't there an aircraft carrier transformer?
>>
>>83913870
Beast Wars was one of the best cartoon series ever made, and is easily the best Transformers series.

I wish they'd release it in 1080p or on Blu-Ray or something, though.
>>
>the literally only good characters were the vehicon commanders
>they all "die" one by one

This part particularly pissed me off.

>Find out Rhinox is Tankor
>oh shit buddy dont worry we will save you from being BRAINWASHED by megatron
>guys I want to be like this I agree with Megatron
>Rhinox working with megatron
>When in Beastwars Rhinox had the biggest hatred towards him
>Primal being a hippie fuck
>Well guys if Rhinox doesnt want to change lets not force it on him

Then

>Find out Jetstorm is Silverbolt
>SILVERBOLT I AM GOING TO SAVE YOU DONT WORRY!!!
>Fuck you spider bitch
>this goes on for a couple of episodes
>Spider bitch finally captures Jetstorm
>SILVERBOLT DONT WORRY
>she didnt even ask to change him back
>straight up kills Jetstorm
>get an edgy silverbolt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT-LJ6W6qcQ
>>
>>83914275
There's been several of both.
>>
>>83914275
buses or other mostly-hollow transportation vehicles are troublesome. if the whole interior is full of parts it's painfully obvious that was never a bus.
we've had subaleens though. pretty sure. usually futuristic variants though. and that manta ray's "third" mode was meant to be a kind of combination submarine and starcruiser thing
>>
Dan DiDio (born October 13, 1959) was an executive at Mainframe Entertainment assigned to the Transformers franchise during the third season of Beast Wars. Dan is best known for being the producer who informed Marv Wolfman that Beast Wars had no ties to the original series and to do as he pleased with Generation 1 continuity when outlining Beast Machines, and then instructed Bob Skir and Marty Isenberg to disregard any previous incarnations of the series in writing Beast Machines, as Beast Wars was too "continuity-heavy".[1]
>>
>>83914311
yep. one was planned for one of the movies but they couldnt work it in. the one we actually saw was a recentish release, i forget who but i wanna say it was recycling the name fortress maximus
>>
>>83914163

That isant Air Razor

Seriously she lived for how long? 6 episodes?
>>
>>83914347
very much like star trek TNG, or the new doctor who, they did the smart thing and kept it loose at first. then, after it did well, decided to do continuity welding
it worked pretty well aside from a few errors that show they didnt watch the old show. buuuut fuckit, old transformers was terrible
>>
>>83914311
>>83914365
you're forgetting Armada Tidal Wave
>>
>>83914404

G1 had some good episodes among shit

Like the Orion Pax episodes and any episode with the Combaticons.
>>
>>83914275
Buses: Transit, Bendy-Bus Prime, the Decepitcobra school buses, Creat-a-Bot (optional)

Subs: Submarauder, Waverider, Nickel, Deepdive, Astro-Sinker, Seawave, Diveplane, Nautica

>>83914311
aircraft carrier: Broadside, Flattop's vehicle, a third of tidal Wave
>>
Wish they put other beast wars characters in the series. Snapper, Iguanus, Clawjaw, Spittor, Armor-dillo, Razorback.
>>
>>83914463

I wanted more Fuzors. Like Air Hammer, Torca, Terragator, Sky Shadow...

Mutants would have been neat too.
>>
>>83914463

Anon I'm sorry
They all died from maximals or friendly fire
>>
>>83914404
No you don't understand. DiDio said to ignore Beast Wars, the DIRECT SEQUEL to Beast Machines. G1 ended up being more properly referenced and respected in BM, and there isn't even a set G1 history for Beast Wars!

>>83914463
Too expensive, it was only Mainframe Entertainment's second show, which made it one of the earliest CGI shows. The first season of BW alone cost 18 million to make.
>>
>>83914534
Still would have been cool.
>>
>>83914448
all of those are minicons and manta-rays or some shit
>>
>>83914671
1) Not all
2) WTF do you mean by "manta rays"
3) So what? They're Transformers with alt modes you wanted.
>>
>>83914530
Claw-Jaw, Armor-Dillo and Razorback where maximals.
>>
File: 1450139384912.jpg (107 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1450139384912.jpg
107 KB, 512x384
>>83914463
>tfw you got all the fuzor toys except the four that actually appeared in the show
>>
>>83914771
I only remember Silverbolt and Quickstrike, who where the other two?
>>
>>83914534
>Too expensive, it was only Mainframe Entertainment's second show, which made it one of the earliest CGI shows. The first season of BW alone cost 18 million to make.
Beast Wars should never have been CG in my opinion, caused more problems than it solved(and makes it nearly impossible to rewatch due to how crappy said CG was)
>>
>>83914791

Tigerclaw was kinda sorta a Fuzor, although he was never labelled one.

The fourth one...no idea.
>>
>>83914791
Tigerhawk was later proclaimed a Fuzor and there was a third Fuzor who died when their pod crashed, but I think that person i sjust misremembering.
>>
>>83914429
actually i think that's who i was thinking of.
>>
>>83913904

It was prehistoric earth so primitive animals were around, and by that time in Cybertronian history the race had evolved to be smaller and have semi-organic, more fuel-efficient bodies. The organic outer skin provided shielding on earth from the massive energy fields that surrounded the planet.

They weren't "disguises" so much as jackets or armor. Megatron and Dinobot specifically chose their altmodes from the reconstructed DNA of extinct dinosaurs because they were the most powerful animals the planet had to offer.
>>
>>83914534
none of what you said in the first quote is true
>>
>>83914081
See I think the show lost a lot of its charm once they started doing the Transmetal stuff. Season 1 was always my favorite precisely because they had real animal forms and were limited in their bot mode usage. What a neat concept.
>>
>>83914771
that's how it always worked. the good characters got bought up or their wave appeared in stores WAY before you knew you wanted them, and disappeared before you had a chane to spend your allowance. fucking toy industry.
>>83914816
tigerhawk*
and he was a transmetal-II-fuzor. totally unique.
>>83914807
crappy my ass. like reboot it looked nicer than most later shows.
>>
>>83914906
each season worked great at what it was doing.
>>
>>83914910

Crap, got him mixed up with Razorclaw.
>>
>>83914311
Yes, three of them. Well, two and a half.

Flattop is a jet that rides an Aircraft carrior that can turn into a bigger jet for him to ride. Tidal Wave turns into an appropriately sized aircraft carrier, and Broadsides is a triple changer with a jet and aircraft carrier altmode.
>>
>>83914906

Transmetal was when the show got good
>>
>>83914322

This shit was terrible every character changed for the worst
>>
>>83914830
>a third Fuzor who died when their pod crashed
I thought they were all protoforms before they left their pods.
Weren't fuzors the result of malfunctioning bio-scanners on the pods?
How could it be a fuzor before the pod had a chance to scan for bio templates?
>>
>>83915269
if you recall, the pods malfunctioned in a variety of ways. sometimes they GOT an altmode but their main vital organs were still dying. this is an example of that. it had some kind of mismatched limbs poking out of the pod (i think. i dont really remember this) but it was DOA.
>>
>>83913870
I'm sorry what is this "beast wars", you're talking about, from the desciption it sound's like you're talking about Beasties, but I could be mistaken.
>>
>>83915357

Go back to Canada.
>>
>>83915441
the irony of canada not being allowed a show made in canada
>>
>>83915507
It was allowed, they just changed the name. It was the US that had actual material censored in their broadcasts.
>>
>>83915560

Uh, no it didn't. You mean the UK.

In America it was only censored when they aired reruns on Fox Kids.
>>
>>83915602
>censored on fox
wait what? like what?
also does anyone else remember kaiju big battel and those weird ultra-condensed beast wars episodes of theirs?

also in the UK was it just shit like 'slag' or was it some other pussy-ass shit, because i thought the UK only became shitty censor-ass muslims in the last decade
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 384x384
>>83914347

WHAT? It was DIDIO??

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Can we all agree that Inferno was the best henchman?
Absolute loyalty, competent, and a tank in battle; what more could an evil overlord ask for?
>>
>>83915666

Violence, apparently. The only specific example I can remember is when Tarantulas accidentally nukes himself in 'Other Victories'. In syndication his body trembles and shakes with electricity for a good, oh ten seconds or so.

On Fox Kids he blew up immediately. It was actually kinda jarring.
>>
>The Beast Wars episodes aired on Fox Kids were conspicuously re-edited to remove sequences of graphic and not-so-graphic violence. These edits often took the form of a relatively slow and extremely obvious onscreen fade-to-black; during a prolonged fight scene, several such fades could occur in quick succession. Sequences edited out for Fox Kids broadcast include:

>Tarantulas being impaled by Optimus Primal in "Gorilla Warfare".
>Cheetor being brutally pummelled by Blackarachnia in "The Spark".
>Tarantulas being set on fire by Inferno in "Other Voices, Part 2".
>Rhinox grabbing and lifting Dinobot by the throat in "Aftermath".
>Silverbolt being headbutted by Blackarachnia in "Proving Grounds".

>Though, other, non-violence-related edits would also be made (possibly for time constraints), such as cutting Rattrap's immediate reaction to Blackarachnia's slipping away in "Aftermath".
>>
>>83915716

>Not Rampage
>>
>>83914807
Considering Hasbro's other 90s revival show was GI Joe Extreme, 2D Beast Wars probably wouldnt have looked all that good. It also would've been totally different,as the writers wrote in relation to the CGI budget.
>>
Did anyone even like Primal for an "optimus" character he was kinda flatter than usual the other maximals and Megatron were more interesting
>>
>>83915824
Too unstable and murderous. The second you let your guard down he'd kill you.
>>
>>83915946
Primal actually had character,though. He wasn't a perfect leader like mpst other Optimuses. More like a tested and frustrated average officer pressed into being a leader. Him slowly gaining Rattraps respect was great.
>>
>>83916046

And then he went on to save the very fabric of time and space.

Your move, Prime.
>>
>>83916046

The best character was Dinobot hands down.
>>
Was it ever explained why Airazor, Tigatron, Blackarachnia, and Inferno weren't affected by the transmetal wave?
Rhinox, Dinobot, and Waspinator I understand because they were shielded in the healing chambers. But the others were completely exposed.
>>
>>83916108

In universe? Nope.
>>
>>83916108
I assume because they were all born on prehistoric Earth
>>
>>83916108
Fan theory is that its due to them all being protoforms activated on Earth. Word of God/ the writers idea,incidently,is that "transmetal" is just the default term for a cybertronian transforming robot form,i.e. no organic alt mode. Granted, thats all dubious as far as being canon.
>>
>>83916108

Blackarachina got a Transmetal form though.

Airazor and Tigertron died just out of fucking no where and then had sex
>>
>>83916192
>>83916228
It's a stretch but I guess I could buy that.

>>83916256
That was transmetal 2. I'm talking about the giant particle wave that showered the planet and turned everyone trans.
>>
>>83916256

BA got a Transmetal 2 form from the Vok orb driver thingy.
>>
>>83916192
>>83916228
Plus all of the protoforms who emerged after the transmetal wave hit were transmetal or said to have transmetal parts.

Primal's second body
Silverbolt
Quickstrike
Rampage
Transmutate
Dinobot II
>>
I wonder how the show would have went if they hadn't had to randomly offscreen so many characters

I would have liked it if scorponok and terrorsaur got a proper death in battle at least, and it sucked how Tigertron and Airrazor got abducted just to remove them from the show even if they did eventaully come back as Tigerhawk
>>
>>83916494
They didn't offscreen anyone.
Every death was very visible.
>>
>>83914463
I always hoped my B'boom dude would make it on the show.

>>83914524
Fuck man I loved Terragator.
>>
>stasis lock imminent
>OVERRIDE!
I thought it was really dumb that all the robots had a computer AI separate from their own conscious giving them diagnoses on things.
>>
>>83916490

Fucking Dinobot 2

one of the few fails of megatron

>lets revive the guy who betrayed you
>also is able to kick your ass
>lol dont worry we made sure hes evil
>literally betrays you again over the same reason
>>
>>83914463
Spittor was my fucking nigger, I loved that toy. The Transmetal 2 version was so sick looking and personable.
>>
>>83916747
>I always hoped my B'boom dude would make it on the show.
He's one of the main characters in Beast Wars II
>>
>love Transformers
>Have to share a passion with Boco
It sucks
>>
CGI limited the number of characters to much.
>>
File: 1421302620634.webm (656 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1421302620634.webm
656 KB, 512x384
>>83917643
Ugh, he shows up in the Godzilla threads too.
>>
>>83914260
i wonder if somebody in the production actually say to himself
>you know what would make a cool design for a robot
>a segway
>>
>>83917800

Dragon Megatron > Trans metal 2 Primal
>>
>>83914260
>>83917905

Which is weird since Ratraps transmetal form was literally perfect
>>
>>83917905
>>83917978
Which is weird because I don't think segways existed in the distant far-flung year of 2000.
>>
>>83916070

Primals still shit
>>
>>83918893
Simmer down, Choppahface. You'll never lead the Maximals.
>>
>>83917800
I know, it's terrible
>>
>>83916100
That's a funny way of spelling Rattrap.
>>
>>83914093
>>83914070
This
>>83913904

There was a shit ton of unrefined energon on the earth, way way more then they could deal with, so they took biological forms to deal wit hit.

Its the same reason being in robot mode too long put them in stasis lock.
>>
I enjoyed Beast Machines as a sorta standalone thing rather than as the direct sequel to Beast Wars.
>>
>>83921430
I liked the band of rebels liberating the planet, as well as some of the designs, but the whole techno-organic paradise thing is basically a slap in the face to all TF canon.
>>
Eat Slag!

For the royalty!

I said those quotes way too often.
>>
>>83914144
I loved Rattrap but Silverbolt was a tool.
>>
>>83915944
Yeah, part of why they did so well with the characterizations and character arcs was because it was too fucking expensive to make new models for all the toy characters, so they focused on a core cast instead. G1 largely fell apart trying to fit all the newer toy characters into the show, something BW seldom had issues with (glancing sidelong at the two Transmetal Cheetors here...).
>>
>>83913870
>when it frist came it was originally considered garbage and a shit idea

by man children who couldn't let go of their past. I dont know anyone who hated it outside of purists who wanted G3

Yes, there's people who wanted a Gen 3.......glad those conversations are dead

>overtime it became one of the best Transformers shows to date

Overtime? Wrong, it did this from it's pilot.
>>
this thread gave me so much fuckin nostalgia. how can i relive my childhood? are all the seasons up somewhere?
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.