[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is Batman the most interesting comic book character? If not, who is?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
is Batman the most interesting comic book character?

If not, who is?
>>
>>83913052
This is clearly a bait thread to lure bat-haters, considering this is /co/ it will work
>>
hellboy
>>
>>83913052
No, Stardust is.
>>
File: 1465868701532.jpg (170 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
1465868701532.jpg
170 KB, 900x1366
>>83913052
Yeah, kirk was pretty cool.
>>
>>83913052
yes
>>
>>83913052
Capecomics? it coul very well be.Him Daredevil or Moon Knight. Also, Captain Britain and The Flash.
>>
>>83913052
No arguments.
>>
>>83913074
It is.

>>83913052
No, but is by far one if the easiest writers to write for and a really fun character to draw.
From detective, to terror, sci fi, superhero stuff, martial arts, the character (and Gotham) work great in the hands of the right people.

I'm not really a fan of the characters, but as an artist that has to work on logos all day long i love the art of batman.
>>
>>83913052
John Constantine, Frankie & The Goon, Nick Fury and Marv are all much more interesting, just off the top of my head.
>>
I haven't read enough comics/ watched enough of the various cape cartoons to know for sure, but I suspect that the reason for Batman is held in such high esteem is because of the sheer number of comics and adaptations of him, theoretically Spiderman is more interesting because Peter Parker's home life seems more conducive to interesting civilian identity hijinks and he has a similarly colourful rogue's gallery
>>
I honestly don't understand how someone could have this opinion. He seems so boring to me. Just a traumatized guy fighting crime. I don't see how that's interesting.
>>
>>83913052
No, gayedgymurderBatman AKA Midnighter is better than standard, autistic Batman.
>>
>>83913097
Boom.
>>
>>83913052
>is Batman the most interesting

Not even top ten unless you are one of those people for whom petty neurosis is what really floats their boat
>>
>>83913254
Batman has a lot of comics and adaptations BECAUSE he is popular, because he generally had the best stories in superhero comics,has the best rogues gallery and allies. Plus most of today's teens and adults grew up with stuff like BTAS and TDK,Batman sells,and as a long time bat-fag I am worried that his over use will result in hatred for the character.

Also don't forget that Batman is popular and /co/ntrarians are always going to hate him
>>
>>83913052
Have ya guys read the rebirth yet ? If not, then ya should. Its so good man.
>>
>>83913052
>>
>>83913052
Batman is cool I think he's pretty far from most interesting character wise though
>>
>>83915279
New take on the Bruce or simply more refined?
>>
Is it wrong that I want a Golden Age Batman movie? Or would fanboys bitch too much because he uses guns?
>>
That depends entirely on what you find interesting. Batman certainly has a lot of stories that focus on him as a man, on what makes the man behind the bat the batman. I think I could have phrased that better. Point is, if that story appeals to you? You'll find a lot of that in Batman.

Frankly, I've seen enough of it over the years to become kinda numb to it. But that's all sorta subjective, right? Like, I'm starting to get into Doctor Fate now, who I've never really cared to read about before, just because I love stories about magic and weird shit. And then there's The Flash, who I've been getting into really hard lately. And that's good for some campy, light hearted stories that occasionally cross into the 2fast2furious zone and pull weird shenannigans.

But like, yeah, he's pretty cool I guess. Far as bats go I prefer Terry McGinnis, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 351x413) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 351x413
Patch is the most interesting character to date
>>
>>83913052
he can be
>>
d'jou guys know ra's al ghul is the name of a triple star system that, because it sort of eclipses itself, looks like a star that gets brighter or dimmer at certain times, and for some reason every culture uniformly described as being some kind of monster's head or eye?
it kinda works because he periodically rejuvenates himself and shit
>>
File: best supe.jpg (103 KB, 634x777) Image search: [Google]
best supe.jpg
103 KB, 634x777
>>83913052
superman really. the boy lost a world he doesnt know about and lived with his earth parent for a good chunk of his life so there is no tragic backstory for his characters to be the superhero. he's just a guy who wants to do good and I think thats pretty great on its own
>>
>>83913052
nah
>>
>>83913052
Batman is only one half of a classical dramaturgical dyad, you have to view him in that context. His arch enemy, the Comedian, is also a vigilante but one who sees the world as unfixable and can't help but laugh about it.
>>
>>83913052
Moon Knight is a more interesting Batman, but i'm sure there are more interesting characters than Moon Knight
>>
File: 1466359464704.jpg (863 KB, 1332x2048) Image search: [Google]
1466359464704.jpg
863 KB, 1332x2048
>>83913052
Krauss.
>>
Gotham is a much better city for crime story-telling than New York or Metropolis.
>>
File: Deathstroke.png (131 KB, 200x400) Image search: [Google]
Deathstroke.png
131 KB, 200x400
>only think hero's are interesting.
>>
File: Absolute trash.jpg (167 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
Absolute trash.jpg
167 KB, 690x460
>>83921201
>Literal Mary Sue
>Best Character
>>
I still think Taskmaster is one of the best antiheroes/villains. He's so underused, and every time they just stick to what's been established instead of trying new things with his potential.

He's basically near peak-human capabilities with the power to replicate whatever he sees. He watches Captain America throw his shield? Bam, he can throw his shield just like him. Punisher shooting? No problem. Daredevil fighting? Sure, why not.

Enhanced muscle memory is so great. Loved his Udon run, except for when he went and fast-forwarded Kung Fu movies and suddenly was able to do twice human speed fighting. That was just weird.

But they shoulda' sticked to his udon outfit though. Screw his skull mask/cape.
>>
Midnighter
Nightwing
Wally West

and more.
>>
>>83913052
Depends. He's written so differently across story-lines he can range anywhere from boring "muh prep time" to actually pretty interesting.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.