[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one that actually liked this? This show is how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8
File: 14353header_banner6988701.jpg (154 KB, 608x229) Image search: [Google]
14353header_banner6988701.jpg
154 KB, 608x229
Am I the only one that actually liked this? This show is how I got into Spidey as a kid, but I grow up and noticed most people actually hate it
>>
It was fucking awesome.
>>
>>83911992
We all loved it when we were kids, it's just that it doesn't hold up very well when you try to rewatch it as an adult
>>
>>83911992
The animation was so fucking dodgy and jump-cut to hell most of the time, and that constant blaring BGM actually drowned out dialog sometimes. It really shouldn't have tried to tackle Morbius and his vampire shit if the censorship of that era forbade even the mention of the word "blood". That stupid gene-scrambling laser was used and re-used as a plot device so many times that I wondered why they didn't just demolish the damned thing. It really hasn't aged well overall.

That all said, the crossover stuff was sometimes cool, and the finale did Spider-verse first and far better than what we eventually got, so I don't hate it.
>>
>>83912281
>It really shouldn't have tried to tackle Morbius and his vampire shit if the censorship of that era forbade even the mention of the word "blood".
???
But doesn't the opening go SPIDER BLOOD, SPIDER BLOOD, RADIOACTIVE SPIDER BLOOD, SPIDER-MAN?
>>
>>83912328
>But doesn't the opening go

Replace 'blood' with 'man', and you're on the money.
>>
>>83912328
But not human blood. Totally different. They could have said RADIOACTIVE SPIDER CUM and been fine in that song.
>>
>>83912375
No, it's spider blood Around 0:34 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3jnXxIH_s4
>>
>>83911992
That mother fucking cliffhanger ending
>>
>>83912443
>Spider blunt spider blunt, radioactive spider blunt.
>>
>>83912281
>It really shouldn't have tried to tackle Morbius and his vampire shit if the censorship of that era forbade even the mention of the word "blood"
Huh, iirc polish dub didn't have any censorship and vampires were sucking the blood alright
>>
>>83912328
I don't remember that lyric, they must have shortened the intro to drop it in whatever season I was watching it.

Tell me a better reason they went with vampires having squid-suckers on their hands to drain people's [PLASMA] than plain bone-headed network censoring and I'll believe it. Was Morbius such a shitty vampire in the comics?

Actually, there was one other thing I liked: Black Cat. Particularly, establishing Felicia Hardy as a character long before putting her in tights. I thought it gave her a more rounded personality than just "burglar doing it for thrills", even if she was still a huge flirt with Spidey.
>>
I appreciated how it tried to put in complex plots even though it didn't have the time for it, so they had to just micromachines that shit, having pete explaining what he's doing while he's already fucking finished doing it and he's out the window.
still i really BELIEVED characters' emotions and motivations, which is fucking saying something. remember when spidey heard about charles xavier, and because his public persona was just 'expert in mutation' he thought he could help with his emerging six-arm disease? then he ends up accidentally inside the danger room, buncha fucking crazy mutants attack him,.. now on one hand he knows he's trespassed, and when it's explained to him that these are HEROES not freaks, he's a little out of it, but when X tells him he only helps people roll with their mutations, not cure them, he is PIIIIISSSED. he just had a major rug pulled out from under him. he comes as close to 'fuck you and fuck your whole stupid mutie circus you fucking slaphead' that you could on fox kids.
>>83912281
i actually loved the ol' neogenic recombinator. a valid and cool way to combine multiple superpower origins without making the setting seem like a fucking mess
>>
>>83911992
I loved it as a kid but it forever ruined the X-Men and the Punisher for me
>>
>>83912713
how's that then?
>>
>>83912375
>Radioactive Spider-Man
Is you tarded?
>>
>>83912281
The funny thing is they made Morbius more fucked up by giving him lamprey mouths in his hands.
>>
>>83912713
Punisher I can get, but why the X-men? Wouldn't their own show be responsible for that?
>>
>>83912800
yeah that's way more disturbing than biting and sucking blood
that said, i only just recently found out that most of the time, vampires are meant to suck blood the way a bat does, by opening a wound and just.. sucking with their lips and lung power.
somehow as a kid i always thought vampires were supposed to have reverse snake venom glands that pull blood in like a syringe. never occurred to me to question how the tooth would somehow lead into the stomach
>>
>>83912838
I finally found someone who was as retarded as me as a kid.
>>
>>83911992
>>
>>83912838

Huh, I think I used to believe something similar.
>>
>tfw I didn't see any Morbius episodes as a kid for a long time and thought he shoots missiles out of the holes in his hands because the intro made it look like that happens
>>
>>83912838
>>83912874
>>83912884
okay so maybe it wasn't just me. maybe people actually used to depict this, and they just don't anymore.
perhaps that was the kid-friendlier version of vampires from when we were kids. just a bite with no visible blood and the understanding they got some.

also, i mean, remember those commercials where like, an orange or a reese's cup or something suddenly has two bite marks and it's drained? like an invisible vampire came by and sucked it all out through his teeth
>>
>>83912910
also you were possibly thinking about killamari from street sharks?
>>
>>83912721
>>83912823
because they were assholes, Spider-Man was turning into a monster in that arc and the X-Men could only say "yeah we don't considering mutation a disease so we will not even try to help you, now get the hell out" after all the help Spider-Man gave them too
>>
>>83912978
>"yeah we don't considering mutation a disease so we will not even try to help you, now get the hell out"
Remember that time Spider-Man couldn't join the Fantastic Four because they were the Fantastic Four?
>>
>>83912957
Never saw that show, I saw Morbius in the intro and I was like "man I hope the guy that shoots missiles out of his hands appears soon"
>>
I think a majority of us like it but it suffers from horrific censorship and recycled animation

No bullets in the show whatsoever. Everyone just shoots lasers at each other and never hit
>>
>>83913014
I remember him trying to join because he thought they would pay him.
>>
>>83911992
That show convinced me that Kingpin was Spider-man's arch-enemy as a man who orchestrated crime without leaving anything for the cops to pin on him, thus being tougher to take down than "well, he's tied up and everyone saw him throwing bombs all over the city last week"
And frankly, I think I still prefer that to Osborn.
>>
File: 1465164773264.gif (499 KB, 400x302) Image search: [Google]
1465164773264.gif
499 KB, 400x302
SHOCKERRRRRRR!!!
>>
>>83913014
as i heard that described, in other stories that refer to it, it was just his misguided but well-meaning attempt at joining a team of heroes who could show him the way, and they just gently let him know that they aren't hiring and they all know each other
>>
>>83913025
ah, i did that with A Different World and In Living Color
because i was a tiny little kid and i wanted shows about people with rocket feet flying to different worlds, or colors that were alive.
>>83913051
in his defense, reed and tony should really be giving pete a stipend just because they can and he needs it.
>>
>>83913103
He had an awesome voice too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq8kPo3tyGY
>>
>>83913272
good ol roscoe lee browne. there will never be another like him. he was in a lot of old tv shows and he was great
>>
>>83913272

How the fuck is Fisk so strong? There's no super power explanation right? He's just like the product of having a lot of drive and money where you can buy the best trainers and equipment that money can buy right? But he goes toe to toe with incredible athletes like Daredevil despite the fact that he looks like a big wide fatty. (No he does not have 2% body fat. No human with 2% body fat would be that large.)

Fisk is such an awesome character.
>>
>>83914226
he studied sumo. he's undergone the specific kinds of training necessary for musclebuilding. chances are he'd be terrible in any extended athletic event due to being a huge fucking slab, but in strength he can't be beat without superpowers.
contrary to what bodybuilders would have you believe, real strength-muscle makes you look like a walking pot roast.
also one assumes he hit the genetic lottery
>>
>>83914285
He was a mutant in the animated series. He straight up said it twice
>>
>>83914285
>that comic where Spidey wipes the floor with Kingpin and humiliates Kingpin in front of all his prison bitches

Did Kingpin ever try to take his revenge after that?
>>
>>83914387
sorry man, you're remembering it wrong. it's been a long time though so you're forgiven
>>
>>83914409
the thing about kingpin is he doesn't have that crushing ego other villains have. he's been shit before, and he has worked his way up to being the kingpin of crime. he knows he's earned everything, and any of his losses are just as well-earned.
>>
When I was a kid, I was butthurt about the series cliffhanger. Then Unlimited came out and I thought it was a sequel/continuation and I was happy. Turns out it wasn't and it also ended on a cliffhanger.

Thanks, Marvel.
>>
>>83911992
The first few seasons were great, then it devolved into garbage.

And let's not talk about Unlimited.

SSM is still the superior Spidey cartoon.
>>
>>83914414
Damn, I really could have sworn he did right when he took off his shirt and like bear hugged spidey....But it has been a few decades.
>>
>>83914468
he DID give the 'less than 2 percent body fat' line though.

which, i might add, is actually really unhealthy. you need that fat to make hormones with.
>>
I love the series. But, for me, it doesn't hold up that well.

I think Spectacular could have easily surpassed it if it didn't get cancelled.
>>
File: SHOCKER.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
SHOCKER.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>83913204
WHAT?
>>
File: cache_940840393.jpg (74 KB, 570x855) Image search: [Google]
cache_940840393.jpg
74 KB, 570x855
>>83914450
The creator of the show recently did an Indiegogo to fund an animated pilot that would reunite the voice cast of the 90's. One of the rewards was a script that would've revealed what they had planned to resolve it.

It didn't reach the mark, though. Also, the guy sounded kinda pompous about it.
>>
>>83915045
yeah that's kind of silly. it wouldnt bring it back just to get the actors to do a thing
>>
having the venom symbiote being a stow away on the space shuttle and then crash landing the space shuttle onto the brooklyn bridge was metal as fuck and I prefer it to the secret wars origin
>>
>that one guy who thought Rhino was kingpin's secret identity
>body shape and size match perfectly

thoughts?
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 260x263) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 260x263
>>83914746
>>
>>83912281
>muh plasma
>>
>>83915433
The only retarded part is putting a NASA launch site on fucking NYC. Spectacular rectified that by having it take place across the country, then brought to ESU labs for research.
>>
3rd best cape cartoon of the 90's behind Bat and X.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-19-22-09-10.png (302 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-19-22-09-10.png
302 KB, 720x1280
>>83912477
Fun page to follow, lots of interesting trivia and behind the scenes info. I donated $25, wish I could've done more.
>>
>tfw the creators of the show hate Hobgoblin
Meh with no taste
>>
>>83915653
makingofspidermantheanimatedseries
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.