[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 19th June 2016 Rebirth Is A
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 16
File: DCR-CW2.jpg (304 KB, 1580x1136) Image search: [Google]
DCR-CW2.jpg
304 KB, 1580x1136
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/06/19/bleeding-cool-bestseller-list-19th-june-2016-rebirth-is-a-civil-war-killer/

This is the Top Ten Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, as compiled by a number of comic stores from their sales on Wednesday and Thursday. It measures what are known as the “Wednesday Warriors”, those who can’t wait to the weekend to get this week’s comics. We salute you, and the keenness you bring to your passion.

And it’s a clean sweep for the first issues and Rebirth issues this week. And Civil Wat II takes a battering.

1. Batman #1
2. Superman #1
3. Titans Rebirth #1
4. Green Lanterns #1
5. Green Arrow #1
6. Civil War II #2
7. Star Wars #20
8. Dark Knight: The Last Crusade
9. Star Wars Han Solo #1
10. Justice League 51
>>
>>83911406
Thanks to the following retailers

Issues Needed Comics, Apple Valley, Minnesota
Dr. No’s Comics & Games Superstore of Marietta, Georgia
Fat Jack’s Comicrypt of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Rodman Comics of Ankeny, Iowa
Jetpack Comics of Rochester, New York
Graham Crackers Comics – 10 locations in the Mid-West
Yesteryear Comics of San Diego, California

Who had this to say

"Customers confused on Rebirth books. ‘Didn’t I already buy Batman #1?’ – no that was REBIRTH Batman #1, this is Batman #1 that’s part of the rebirth re-launch.’ See? Totally different."

"Man, our customers DO NOT CARE about Civil War II at all! It’s amazing how far Marvel has fallen when it comes to their big events. Seems like our customer base has finally started to feel burnt out over Marvel’s continued tactics of having a major event at least once a year. Maybe issue 3’s “big death” will change that, but I’m doubtful."

"On the flip side, DC Rebirth is still kicking ass and taking names. With the exception of Batman, we completely sold out of every new Rebirth title this week. Insane! People can’t get enough. Kudos to DC for marketing this correctly….but I do wonder what they’ll do if sales start to dip again. Was surprised to see that that Han Solo didn’t sell as well as Star Wars. Perhaps on a lighter week it would do better? The same can be said for Dark Knight: Last Crusade. I heard a lot of customers complain about the $7 price on the cover, and would “get it on a lighter week”."

"LOTS of interest in TMNT #59 already, with the “big death” hitting in that book and surprising people. Other than that, it’s the usual suspects: Deadpool, Harley, Batman/TMNT."
>>
>>83911416
"Great week. Easily one of the best Wednesdays we have ever had. Only cause for concern? Civil War 2 had a bigger than expected drop off. Even Scooby Apocalypse 2 managed to outsell Civil War 2 here. We didn’t sell through half of what we ordered. Hoping the latest issues has some legs. People really don’t seem to care about the “deaths” in the latest event."

"Harley Quinn and Suicide Squad back issues are currently in demand. Thanks to some movie coming out in August."

"Another round of complete sell outs from DC titles. The Star Wars books put up the closest fight for the mediocre DC Titles this week, but was absolutely crushed by the caped crusader."

"The back issue market seems to be dominated by people back tracking on DC issues. Makes sense since many people picking up the new titles are newbies too reading DC Comics."

"Rebirth continues to be the juggernaut destroying all takers. Customers are loving the stories which has gotten several DC haters (maybe the correct wording is New 52 haters) back into DC. Civil War II and Han Solo are the only books that came close to rebirth numbers. Customers have expressed interest on what changes Civil War II will supposedly have on the Marvel Universe however are skeptical on another round of Marvel Now. Can Marvel pull something great out of its hat or will DC continue to crush them."
>>
>>83911431
"Rebirth continues, exceeding expectations (i.e. underordered several books. Green Arrow????)"

"What an incredible turnaround for DC! Not only do they take eight of our store’s Top Ten this week (including the first seven positions, pushing Civil War II #2 down to eighth place), but the 2nd printing of a three week old book took the tenth spot!"

"Lots of renewed interest in pre-Flashpoint Batman, Superman, Green Arrow, and Green Lantern. Star Wars is cooling off fast for Marvel; it’s still a respectable seller, but the main book isn’t even making our top ten any more, and Han Solo barely squeaked onto the list."
>>
>>83911406

http://archive.is/UwttO
>>
File: 1459116364647.gif (292 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
1459116364647.gif
292 KB, 500x335
Thank goodness
>>
Good thing we have another god damn relaunch to look forward to. That'll pull Marvel up the charts, yes sir.
>>
yay more /co/ screaming about company wars and how evil tumblr marvel is dying
>>
>>83911416
>Man, our customers DO NOT CARE about Civil War II at all!
OH BOY, ARE PEOPLE FINALLY SEEING THAT BENDIS IS SHIT ?
>>
This was the part that got me:
>Even Scooby Apocalypse 2 managed to outsell Civil War 2 here.

It's probably just one store, but fuck.
>>
>>83911549

Hey, that Scooby comic is actually pretty entertaining.
>>
Please let CW2 being Marvel's Convergence.

NO MORE EVENTS
>>
>>83911547
I think that if it were last year then maybe Civil War II would've done well. As it is Marvel will probably try to add in some more forced incentives for ordering.
>>
>>83911522
Will it, though? How many new #1s of the same series can a person buy before they realize they won't retain value
>>
>>83911571
Oh it is, if only because it's the JL3000 team. But that's the thing, I'm pretty sure Bendis' comics usually outsell JL3000.
>>
Why did you guys just start posting this shit during rebirth?
>>
>>83911611
Cause people think Bendis secretly lurks here.
>>
>>83911431

Holy fucking shit.
>>
File: 1461686409532.png (422 KB, 758x588) Image search: [Google]
1461686409532.png
422 KB, 758x588
>>83911633
>>
>>83911611
because marvel on suicide watch
>>
Who the fuck cares about Civil War 2? Such an obvious cash-grab. Except this time with all their shitty characters.
>>
>>83911431
This pleases me. Scooby Doo was also better than Civil War.
>>
>>83911683
Dear Bendis,
On the off-change you read this, i want you to know that I don't think you're as bad of a writer as people around here claim you are. But nigga you've gotten lazy as fuck and you can do better than the straight garbo you've been pumping out the past few years.
Sincerely,
Anonymous
>>
Is Marvel going to begin doing things that fans have been asking for now?
>>
>>83911736
/co/ takes only the most obvious bait, bless their retarded little hearts
>>
>>83911789
They've been teasing OMD being undone or something, but they've done that before and it resulted in nothing, sooooo

But I do think they know that bringing back the old heroes like Odinson, etc and making Peter and MJ married again are the only things that could compete with Rebirth in positive attention.
>>
>>83911789
Why would they intentionally sabotage their own sales like that?
>>
>>83911789
seeing as they re about to do another clone saga I doubt it
>>
>>83911431
>Even Scooby Apocalypse 2 managed to outsell Civil War 2 here
ruh oh
>>
>>83911846
I'm fully expecting them to start in with an "The old guard are back now!" Schtick before too long. Pissing off their SJW audience will only get them mountains of free press.
>>
>>83911789
That would run counter to the MCU stuff though.
>>
>>83911431

>a good book selling more than a shit book

I know it's just one shop but damn, it's almost unheard of.
>>
>>83911597
Could you imagine if Marvel released a book with three #1 issues in a single year? Relaunch in January, reboot in June, and redo in December.
>>
>>83911406
Thank fuck. DC, for once in a fucking decade beat Marvel and force them to stop with the shitty events.
>>
>>83911854
Chasing the SJW dollar is why Marvel is in the shithole sales wise on all things not Star Wars. Indeed, the only thing that is letting them beat DC like they have are their Star Wars books and even that has started to cool down now that the novelty has worn off.
>>
>>83911683
Hey Brian. If you end up seeing this post, I'd just like to say this:

Avengers Disassembled was one of the most disgusting pieces of filth I've ever sat through. I'm not even a fan of the Scarlet Witch, but AD is, for lack of a better word, offensive. Go fuck yourself.

Oh, and your Thunderbolts run was pretty lame as well. Felt like a crappy, boring version of Ellis' run.
>>
>>83911988
We've hit two in one year, with stuff like Squirrel Girl, Hawkeye, Howard the Duck, Weirdworld, A-Force, etc.
>>
>>83911406
>Bleeding Cool
intothetrash.gif
>>
>>83912005

no it's the relaunches with no space and events i know you guys wanna hate on the spooky sjws but cmon
>>
>>83912036
That's what I was thinking of when writing the post.

Which one of those books called out that they were relaunching? I remember they put on the cover something like "Only The Second #1 This Year!" or something.
>>
>>83912073
I think it was Howard the Duck.
>>
>>83912005
>Chasing the skeleton dollar is why Marvel is in the shithole sales wise on all things not Star Wars
Anon, you may want to slow down there.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2016/2016-04.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2016/2016-05.html

And look at all the months before these.
>>
>>83912066
No, they're saying things I like so this can stay
>>
>>83911581
Events are ok when they're small like Avengers Standoff. Forcing an event with the same title as the movie just because you want more money is an awful practice though.
>>
I want to know how Uncanny X-Men and X-Men civil war are selling, when does that info get published?
>>
>>83912179
That's a crossover and those are still cash grabs tho
>>
>>83912203
Next month.
>>
>>83911683
TO THE GREAT BENDIS,
HOW YOU LIVIN'?
YOU BEST BE BRINGING ME PLENTY OF
>>
>shitty cash grab relaunch outsells shitty cash grab event

Oh boy.
>>
>>83912209
Yeah but when they only interrupt a few books and tell a decent story that's ok. There didn't need to be more than that. We have Dead No More and Death of X coming too. Civil War II is just completely unnecessary.
>>
Does Marvel no longer care about comic book sales because they make so much money with the movies?
I mean, if they cared, and if they still care, the Inhuman push should be close to ending, and the X-Men may see brighter days.
>>
File: Riddler Speechless.png (286 KB, 383x302) Image search: [Google]
Riddler Speechless.png
286 KB, 383x302
>DC does well for once
>/co/ still spends their time bitching and talking about Marvel
>>
>>83912267
>standoff only interrupted a few books
No, anon. It affected too many.
>>
>>83912299
We all just want more good books. Marvel has to crash to learn what they're doing is wrong.
>>
>>83912292
Inhumans are in the big event this year and there is a Death of X event this fall, nothing shows that brighter days are coming.
>>
File: 1445485185078.jpg (37 KB, 500x257) Image search: [Google]
1445485185078.jpg
37 KB, 500x257
>>83911431
>Even Scooby Apocalypse 2 managed to outsell Civil War 2 here
It feels so good.
>>
File: I had dreams, once.jpg (43 KB, 247x377) Image search: [Google]
I had dreams, once.jpg
43 KB, 247x377
>>83912254
Remember kids, pandering isn't bad so long as it is aimed at me.
>>
>>83912254
>shitty cash grab relaunch
Fuck off. DC is doing everything in its power to save the comic industry from the SJW influence that Marvel and Image have allowed to consume everything with.

This isn't about money, it's about ethical comics rather than blatant propaganda fuel.

And the result so far has been some of the best comics to come out in years. Rebirth is everything true comic fans have been waiting for.
>>
>>83911600
>JL3000 is how you know Giffen/Dematteis
welcome to /co/!
>>
>>83912292
The movies are no longer part of Marvel Entertainment, meaning the movies are more or less no longer part of Marvel. What the comics do to ape the movies isn't an attempt to advertise for them but to try and leech off their popularity. Which is something they've been doing since X-men and Spider-man. Even Blade was made to mimic his movie version.
>>
>>83912363
No, DC is just putting out good stuff. It has nothing to do with SJWs or anti-SJWs. Fuck off back to /pol/.
>>
>>83911406
>ANAD is a sales failure
>Bendis War is a sales failure
I don't give a shit about DC at all, I'm just happy to see NuMarvel's bullshit finally biting it in the ass.
>>
>>83912004
Why would this force Marvel to stop publishing events?

Civil War II was still Marvel's highest selling title. It only lost to new number 1s, which aren't going to be an issue in most months. I bet you next month CW II will be back at the top, or maybe just behind Batman. Nothing about this suggests that events aren't still very profitable.
>>
>>83911416
>With the exception of Batman, we completely sold out of every new Rebirth title this week
truly a bizarro world
>>
>>83912388
It's the entire team, m8. Not just Giffen/DeMatteis, but also Howard Porter on pencils+ink and Hi-Fi on colors.
>>
>>83912399

well, Marvel should see that old man logan, extraordinary, new and uncanny x-men all sell very similar numbers, around 50.000, that x-men fans are a solid block, and not try to shit on them, for more profitability.
>>
>>83912355
>Making sure your product appeals to people who actually buy it is pandering.
>>
>>83912402
to be fair Civil War 2 is godawful and I'm glad bendis is failing. If only he'd get chuck austined.
>>
>>83912497
Sadly I think his other stuff is still popular so at best it would only mean he doesn't get another big event
>>
>>83912363
#COMICGATE
>>
>>83912344
Here's the thing, Civil War II is a blatant cash grab even to the people that usually love Marvel's blatant cash grabs. Even the interviews about it with the EiC of Marvel is basically saying that they threw this shit together in a few months, which says to me like Perlmutter micromanaging coming in and forcing it, then Bendis being the only one that's a big enough company man to do it.

I mean, it's interrupting so many comics and I can't imagine any of them want to deal with this. Then you've got Ewing literally running Bendis Damage Control in his books to try and retroactively fix and explain all of Bendis bullshit.

It's one of the few events that it just feels like it shouldn't exist. It's ironically reminiscent of Secret Wars II in that regard. And I think that's the most unsettling thing about all this.
>>
>>83911789
someone post that brevoort screencap saying mad readers = $$$
>>
>>83912469
That's the thing about the X-men. Their fanbase will buy their comics no matter what. It's a fanbase filled with countless different characterfags.

I mean, even I will check out any comics that has Scott or one of his kids in it.
>>
>>83912388
Porter never worked with them till JL3000, casual
>>
>>83912513
It's not a controversy though. It's a fact. DC won.
>>
>>83912573
characterfags and people buying out of spite
>>
>>83912448
>I bet you next month CW II will be back at the top, or maybe just behind Batman.
Rebirth specials and #1s are going to be coming out for the next 3-4 months.
>>
>>83912605
>DC won

For a month. They won the month the New 52 launched too, but it didn't last. DC has to do better than a big spike every few years while Marvel dominates in between their relaunches, and they haven't yet shown that they can.
>>
>>83912388
>The art isn't important in a comic
Welcome to /co/!
>>
>>83911406
Who would have guessed that Marvel's tatict of using #1's to boost sales actually works? I guess DC finally figured it out.
>>
File: You're serious.gif (3 MB, 264x240) Image search: [Google]
You're serious.gif
3 MB, 264x240
>>83912363
>This isn't about money, it's about ethical comics rather than blatant propaganda fuel
>And the result so far has been some of the best comics to come out in years
>>
>>83912507
baby steps
>>
Things that I want Marvel to do as someone who wants to get more into their universe but is put off by what they're doing now:

1) Obviously, fewer #1s. It's weirder than you think to look at a series and see numerous jumping on points with #1s by them -- because then the question becomes, "Which one should I jump onto?"

2) Overall, focus on good writing and good storytelling within the individual books. Besides some standout exceptions, Marvel books -- as far as I've seen -- seem to mostly tread water until an event comes, and *then* they'll start being interesting.

3) Going with the above, either market the shit out of the writers on better books, or put good writers on the biggest books. Or, in other words, Bendis on less shit; Slott off Spider-Man. (I honestly haven't read much of either writer beyond maybe an issue or two each; but there's little talk or hype of good writing on Marvel's biggest books, which is always a bad thing).

4) Beyond that... I don't know. Maybe lessen the amount of books they release? Or, at least, have the side-line/C-to-Z lister stuff be exclusively GOAT-tier stuff.
>>
File: 1426276184321.jpg (481 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
1426276184321.jpg
481 KB, 900x1366
>>83912363
Let's mot forget who gave the sjws their first taste of power to effect the comic industry
>>
>>83913037
>1) Obviously, fewer #1s. It's weirder than you think to look at a series and see numerous jumping on points with #1s by them -- because then the question becomes, "Which one should I jump onto?"

This is probably the craziest part to me. They even double down on it with collections where ever trade is listed vol 1. It's insane.

>>83913105
both you and >>83912363 are new as fuck
>>
Finally the comic book readers woke up, and start to send Bendis's stuff in the trash, where it belongs. Hopefully Marvel will fire that hack after Civil War.
>>
>>83913145
Sorry anon, but I didn't notice the SJW boogymen showing up in discussions until that variant cover was removed, after that the fear and hate of SJWs within the comic community exploded.
>>
>>83912402
>Putting out good stuff has nothing to do with not pushing a political agenda.
Really?
>>
>>83913285
You know that Green Arrow is literally a uber liberal right ? this has been his character ever since the 70s for fuck sakes
>>
>>83911549
The Scooby Apocalypse is really good though. At least much better from the CW II. It's refreshing for once to see good books finally receiveing some praise .
>>
>Aside from credits, one topic which Stan strongly supported was a better pay rate for the people working with him. This is where many have come to realize that Martin Goodman was more involved with the new Marvel than had been previously mentioned. One of the main reasons that so many of the artists and inkers that came to Marvel in the mid-Sixties didn’t stay long was because of the terrible pay rates. Although Marvel was becoming financially successful after decades of stagnation, Goodman would not put more money into the comic book division of his holdings; only after the cajoling and sometimes begging of Lee would Goodman relent. He also was eternally pessimistic concerning concepts, often telling Stan to cancel books before the first sales figures would come in (as he did with Hulk and Spider-Man); if not for Stan, they would never have gotten off the ground and their popularity realized. Goodman was also ambivalent about talent. It didn’t bother him if an artist quit; to him they were replaceable commodities. Stan knew where the talent was and must have become increasingly discouraged to not have the financial backing to lure them away. Artists who would come to Marvel during this layout period were offered as much as 30 dollars a page, provided that they penciled and inked it; some were offered less. Joe Sinnott relates the story of how, when he inked the historic FF #5, he was paid seven dollars a page for inks; had he been paid more he may have stayed on and the history of comic art might have been changed. Marvel was notorious for having among the lowest rates in the business, and Goodman tried his best to keep them that way (good business savvy, but terrible on morale).
>>
File: 2677627-captainamericacomics01.jpg (111 KB, 574x785) Image search: [Google]
2677627-captainamericacomics01.jpg
111 KB, 574x785
>>83912363

>This isn't about money, it's about ethical comics rather than blatant propaganda fuel.

holy shit i can't stop laughing at this fucking moron

fyi the SJWs are inside the house
>>
>>83912363
Rebirth fan here. Please don't use "It's about ethics in comics." You're not helping.
>>
>>83912763
Bi-weekly shipping titles is going to give DC a massive numbers boost going forward as well.
>>
>>83911406
>7. Star Wars #20
>9. Star Wars Han Solo #
How long can the Star Wars comics bubble last?

How they've sold so well for so long already fucking baffles me since they're all pretty crap and aren't really even allowed to tell proper stories since they're not allowed to spoil things for the movies. They're basically just treading water story wise.
>>
>>83911406
Heh. As someone who likes DC a lot, I'll just enjoy this while it lasts.
At least all my favorite DCYou titles weren't kill for nothing.
>>
>>83913711
RIP based Midnighter
>>
>>83913752
May we see him again, in Nightwing and elsewhere.
>>
>>83913425
On one hand, I hear what you're saying, on the other, it's one of the most hilarious things I've read in a while.
>>
>>83913805
>Midnighter becomed more associated with the Bat Family than The Authority
>>
>>83911406
HOPE NOT HATE
FREEDOM NOT FEAR
>>
>>83915676
Funny how it works sometimes, huh. I'm both a Midnighter fan and a huge Batfag, so it works for me, but I would also not mind seeing the other Authority bros again.
>>
>>83915676
I love the irony
>>
>>83915676
>midnighter becomes all the batkids' gay uncle
>cullen becomes his sidekick
>>
>>83913364
See >>83911600
My point is that usually at stores Bendis stuff outsells JL3000. In fact they usually outsell Scooby-Doo, too. I'd guess that at other stores this is the case but it seems weird that one store is selling more Scooby-Apocalypse #2 than Civil War 2 #2.
>>
>>83912448
>I bet you next month CW II will be back at the top, or maybe just behind Batman. Nothing about this suggests that events aren't still very profitable.

I think most likely Civil War II will still be somewhere at the top of the charts, mostly because of the stunts (like Hawkeye killing Banner or whatever rumors there are) and whatever forced incentives they'll add in. Marvel's Dead No More might get to the top unless people suddenly decide to stay away from it due to Clone Saga association.

One of the things people kind of forget about the Comichron charts and these Bleeding Cool lists is that the Comichron charts list preorders while these BC lists are retailers talking which of the stuff they preordered has actually been selling to customers.
>>
>>83912363
Green Arrow called himself a social justice warrior and it's my favorite of the Rebirth stuff so far.

Not that there's been a large pool to choose from, but still.
>>
>>83913037
I think one of the biggest problems Marvel has now is that the universe stopped feeling big. Everything feels so much smaller. You know when you read those comics that are sequels to a past film and all they do is rehash the film's plot? It feels like Marvel did that.
For example, you know how the X-Men has a massive cast and so many stories? Without the FF and X-Men, the Marvel Universe comprises mainly of Avengers, but instead of new character ideas, they keep making one off versions of characters. It doesn't help that all these relaunches just recycle villains. In fact, stories with villains that could be a one issue thing are stretched way too long. Now we can get only 2 stories in before an event happens.

It really is just a fucking mess.
>>
I really wish that Civil War II would flop as badly as Fear Itself (and I think Fear Itself at least had a solid premise). Marvel has pushed out an event with a flawed premise, a cash grab for the film, and admitted they only came up with it in 4 months. There is no excuse for Marvel pushing something this sloppy as a big seller. Marvel should fail with Civil War II and they should learn that they can't shit out something some lazy and still keep their top selling position.
>>
>>83917853
this

Also the event is too close to Secret Wars
SW ended in January and CW2 started in May

That should be a no no
>>
>>83912363
>it's about ethical comics

Holy shit jump off a bridge you fucking nigger
>>
>>83912524
>I mean, it's interrupting so many comics and I can't imagine any of them want to deal with this

But that's basically just Tuesday at the Marvel offices at this point. Almost every event has done this shit since the original Civil War ten years back.
>>
>>83911406
>Justice League in the top 10

Imagine how huge Justice League Rebirth is going to be if a random issue can still sell that high.
>>
>>83920678
I don't care, i'm just happy the book is not longer on Johns hands.
>>
>>83912524

>the EiC of Marvel is basically saying that they threw this shit together in a few months

I get your point but that's most events
>>
>>83912448
>It only lost to new number 1s, which aren't going to be an issue in most months

1's that didn't come with a billion variants like Civil War II 2 did. The sales for each subsequent issue will drop while DC will be pumping out more 1's for the next 3 months

Marvel was banking on Civil War II killing Rebirth and it's failing hard
>>
>>83920713
You're retarded. Being out of Geoff's hands isn't a good thing if Hitch is the replacement.

We do still have to see what happens with JLA.
>>
>>83911406
It's ridiculous how well Star Wars does.

You finally get a popular enough book and it's average at best with just movie stuff for the casuals.
>>
>>83911406
Holy shit, even Green Arrow beat Civil War?
Rockin'
>>
>>83911406

Fuck Civil War. I'm shocked that Han Solo is that low. Is the love affair with Star Wars starting to slowly wear off?
>>
>it's ok to say DC is doing fine when they sell #1s but now Marvel
>>
>>83912453

They probably ordered far more Batman than anything else
>>
Don't worry, Suicide Squad will come out to rave reviews and we'll have enough Batman and Harley Quinn titles to finally beat Marvel
>>
File: 1277461177849.jpg (32 KB, 323x360) Image search: [Google]
1277461177849.jpg
32 KB, 323x360
>>83911431
>or will DC continue to crush them
>>
>>83920953
DC waited five years instead of eight months.
>>
>>83920953

There's a fundamental difference between renumbering after several years when books have been running for about 50 issues straight, and doing it every twelve months, where the creative teams almost never even change.
>>
>>83920914
Average = still 100000000x better than any other Marvel title.
>>
>>83911406
good. fuck marlel
>>
>>83911846

I think that the main problem is the clusterfuck of number 1's and the really unappealing books right now.

Like which are the top 5 marvel books quality wise? Excluding Star Wars and all that
>>
File: PostcardBack.jpg (33 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
PostcardBack.jpg
33 KB, 600x800
>>83917853
>and admitted they only came up with it in 4 months.
Pic related was taken on October 5, 2015. Sauce is https://twitter.com/RyanHigginsRyan/status/651101181666660352

Last January someone from the New York Post reported on a creative retreat detailing the major players and the major character to be killed, together with the first reveal of the Civil War II #1 cover.
>>
>>83921101
Vision, the three Ewing books, and...is Ms. Marvel still good?
>>
>>83921173
>is Ms. Marvel still good?
Yep.
>>
>>83920953

Yeah because when DC relaunched after 5 years they put their comics to $2.99 while Marvel relaunches withing a year and will oput all their books to $4.99

Fuck them. You would have to be a complete cuck to support Marvel
>>
>>83912203
The X-books are top sellers at marvel
>>
>>83913414
GODWIN'S LAWWWWW!
>>
>>83920968

I love this meme

There are 6 bat books and 6 Superman books. During DCYou Superman had more books than Batman
>>
>>83912573
While X-books are a top sellers, they don't sell as good as they used to, though
>>
>>83921195
When has the new Ms Kawaii ever not been good?
>>
>>83921173
vision is overrated
ewing sucks
and ms marvel is so last year
>>
>>83921274
gwenpool > ms marvel
>>
>>83913637
Star Wars fatigue will start setting in after VIII, mark my words
>>
>>83921274
whenever she's not in her own book
>>
>>83913637
>How they've sold so well for so long already fucking baffles me

It's because they're a Marvel imprint and people think that gives them some sort of validity for some reason. It's why they never sold well under Dark "Literally Who" Horse
>>
>>83913105
they put that artist on Batgirl though so I don't think they actually cared
>>
>>83921195

its a decent book, but saying that is among the top five or even ten goes to show how bad marvel is doing right now,

Imagine, a comedic comic kind of out continuity compared to other titles like Whor being their biggest thing among Avengers and fucking Iron Man.

Fuck, I wonder if DC is going to be fucking garbage in 30 years and Marvel being the smaller publisher that still cares about art
>>
>>83921871
Hahahaha, no.
>>
>>83911431
Ruheeheeheeheehee
>>
>>83911522
Will it? By the time it launches people will be fed up with $5 Comic Books once they've realized they could have just been getting them for $3. DC's holding the line at $2.99 didn't really take off since they had a lot of PR disasters and the fact Marvel was doing really well no one noticed that they were slowly raising prices.
>>
>My LCS still has copies of the Hanna Barbera Books
Glad to see it's doing well outside of my LCS, don't want these to get cancelled.

>>83911611
Majority of capeshit /co/ lovers was already red pilled on Marvel long before, this is just a celebration post now that DC is getting some steam.
>>
>>83921173
New Avengers is shit though.
>>
>>83922579
Why do you hate fun?
>>
File: this guy.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
this guy.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
>>83911683

Dear Bendis,

The stuff people have been getting on you about have been the exact same things that people have been getting on you about for the past ten years. The only difference is that your best work is way behind you now. It's time you stepped down and went back to your roots. By taking the big assignments, you are hurting your company because these jobs just aren't for you.

I think you should stay on Spider-man and take over ASM. Please. For the love of god. Save Peter.

Sincerely,
This Guy
>>
>>83913356
yeah but thats different. That is a character with a political agenda. Marvel has been making stories with very specific political agenda in mind, to the point where the agenda is more important than the story itself. They aren't going on the View announcing "We got a great new Ms. Marvel story all about legacy " or "Just wait till you read our new Thor story" they are literally marketing and selling these comics on the idea of "MUSLIM MS MARVEL" and "FEMALE THOR"
I don't have any problem with these concepts, just how Marvel is choosing to execute them.
>>
>>83915676
I just want him to meet Bruce. Also, he pretty much makes the Bat-Family obsolete, so I can't imagine how they'll get around that. Apollo fits in with the Super-Family much better than Middy with the Bats.
>>
>>83921173
Moon Knight, but that's mostly due to the art.
I find Waid's Black Widow kind of meh, but a lot of people love it.
>>
>>83911431
>mediocre DC titles
>>
I thought Flash Rebirth would be in the top. On online stores, I often see it in the top list.
But here it's not.
>>
>>83923840
It didn't come out this week
>>
Scooby Apoc was so good
>>
Hey yo bendis if you end up reading this. I just want you to know that ham sandwiches are better than turkey and all the turkey plebs are the fucking worst.
>>
Question about DC: Rebirth.

Is Martian Manhunter getting a series? Is he going to have anything to do with the Justice League?
>>
>>83925233
not yet and he's not on the cover so probably not
>>
>>83922552
People don't really care about prices that much

>>83925233
He had a book with DCYou and it sold like ass so he doesn't have a Rebirth book
>>
>>83911406
>Marvel has too little superheroes in the movies to make the Civil War as big as it was in the comics
>Turns it into the Civil Brawl for Bucky's Ass
>Makes another comic series to promote it, with a smaller ensemble, and a sillier reason for war, so that the movie doesn't look as dumb in comparison.

BRAVO DISNEY
>>
>>83925292

>Sold like ass on DCYou

Did anything on DCYou even sell well?

Why are they shafting MM so hard? I get they need a black guy on JL (Well, "need") but it's the fucking Martian Manhunter. At least give him his own great comic series, like with Deathstroke.
>>
>>83925387
Deathstroke sold almost twice as much as Martian Manhunter in the end despite being much longer. He actually has fans unlike J'onn.
>>
>>83925292
>People don't really care about prices that much

They do when they notice the quality of the product with the higher price tag is noticeably lower than the cheaper one.

Not just in terms of art/story either, Marvel's printing quality seems to have dropped a lot recently too.
>>
>>83912453
That's because there were more Batman issues ordered than the rest of the DC titles.
>>
>>83912573
Poor Scott :(
>>
>>83925387
Damian's book, Starfire, JLA, and a couple other things sold pretty well until the Rebirth announcements and their sales plummeted.
>>
File: dragon frog feels.jpg (130 KB, 832x690) Image search: [Google]
dragon frog feels.jpg
130 KB, 832x690
>>83921481
>>83913637
Which is a shame, because Dark Horse Star Wars actually had a drive to experiment with time periods, storylines and settings. Marvel's new Star Wars have incredibly long padding with barely anything happening in the scope of one long story between Vader, Aphra and the Big Three in a small period of time after Ep IV.

>tfw we will never get KOTOR comics ever again
>>
>>83925725
Probably because Disney doesn't want them mucking around with canon too much.
>>
>>83920949
>Han Solo featured as a sometime antagonist in the Vader book
>Han Solo featured as a main cast protagonist in the Star Wars book
>A new book is all about Han Solo

Fatigue
>>
File: marvelfag exposed.jpg (63 KB, 799x540) Image search: [Google]
marvelfag exposed.jpg
63 KB, 799x540
>>83920968
>Suicide Squad
>rave reviews
>not Disney
>no gays

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It will be another contrarian cult classic for /tv/ at best.
>>
>>83925758
Fitting all of their titles inbetween Episodes IV and V will only muck up canon further.
>>
File: black manta by Nolan.jpg (128 KB, 526x493) Image search: [Google]
black manta by Nolan.jpg
128 KB, 526x493
>>83911406
We approve of this.
>>
>>83925725
>and no more Ostrander
>>
So with this constant jacking off due to rebirth sales that means it's okay after shits gone back to normal for me to put up weekly threads about how marvel sales are beating dc right? That won't get tiresome right?
>>
>>83911406
It wont last.
>>
>>83926222
it's only ok if Marvel recognizes the error of their ways and beats DC with at least attempted quality
>>
>>83922865
This.
I find it hilarious that uber-liberal Oliver Quinn has yet to say a single thing about this years's general election, but Capt. America is now a nazi because, lol #nevertrump #IStandWithHer ^_^
>>
>>83912363
>Actually, it's about ethics in the comics industry.
>>
>>83926966
>Capt. America is now a nazi
>>>/twitter/
>>>/tumblr
>>>/facebook/
>>>/tv/
>>>/pol/
Take your pick, but if you think that HYDRA = Nazis then you don't belong on /co/.
>>
>>83926299
Bendis, c'mon.
>>
>>83920764
>Marvel was banking on Civil War II killing Rebirth and it's failing hard
Good. They deserve it.
>>
>>83912299
welcome to 4chan, where everyone just complains and bitches.
>>
>>83927712
and post evans laughing gifs
>>
>>83911406
It's like people mindlessly buy lots of #1 issues because of collecting or something.
>>
>>83911416
>"LOTS of interest in TMNT #59 already, with the “big death” hitting in that book and surprising people. Other than that, it’s the usual suspects: Deadpool, Harley, Batman/TMNT."
this makes me happy. I'm glad TMNT is getting noticed
>>
>>83911416
>Maybe issue 3’s “big death” will change that, but I’m doubtful."
another death in CW, whose it going to be this time.
>>
>>83928167
Don't we already know it will be Banner or Hawkeye at this point?
>>
>>83911683
>the fractured question could easily fit in a Bendis dialogue box
Lmao
>>
>>83915676

>becomed
>>
>>83928167
99% chance of it being Banner or Clint
>>
>>83927236
Marvel keeps making their shit like the movies so they deserve desu
>>
>>83912363
Look no further than this thread to see that /co/ has turned into tumblr. Marvel's SJW bullshit absolutely is unethical propaganda and yet people here flock to defend it.
>>
>>83930503
Much of New 52 was a drive to make shit like the movies they were planning, which makes Rebirth's success all the more satisfying.
>>
I've been with Rebirth. Marvel raising the price of all of their books and "season" mantra of renumbering each book after 8-10 issues not as a sales gimmick but as a new season. Add on all the female pandering which I don't relate to. Which is fine. But then they outright mock and alienate the core comic audience.

Rebirth on the other hand has the occasional pander book but the core line has remained true and promised to bring back some of the old pre crisis legacy back into the main light. Even though DCYou failed it at least tried to bring something new and creative to the line. Sure Zero Year was just one big sales gimmick. But it didn't interfere or interject into the story arcs being told. It just paused them for one book to gimmick it up, then right back to the story.
>>
>>83911406

All this goes to show is that the power is in Number One relaunches.

People bitch about Marvel constantly doing Number Ones but when DC does it, and it shows results, suddenly it's okay? Internal Logic Dissonance much, fanboys?
>>
>>83933657
To be fair DC had like a dozen books reach #52 issues, are keeping some books going longer (eg Dr Fate and TT) until their Rebirth issues come out, and the DCYou books they did launch sold like complete and total ass so they had to get rid of them and replace them.
If DC relaunched every year like marvel for no reason then people would probably get more angry at DC.

I'm hoping Rebirth is enough to get DC through at least 2 more years of good sales so they won't have to relaunch again.
>>
>>83915799
YES, please let Mignighter become the greatest gayest uncle ever.
>>
>>83916960
>Comichron charts list preorders while these BC lists are retailers talking which of the stuff they preordered has actually been selling to customers.
Marvel doesn't allow returns, so pre-orders = sales for them. And Bleeding Cool (fucking Bleeding Cool) only takes info from a few shops. Why anybody is taking their word as law is beyond me. Maybe people really want DC to "win", so they'll take any conformation, however dubious?
>>
>>83933657

well these books star white straight people, none of those pesky gays or people of color
>>
>>83934242
>Marvel doesn't allow returns, so pre-orders = sales for them.

You mean for Marvel and not shops.
>>
Not sure what the point of Rebirth is, since every issue I've checked out is a terrible jumping-on point for new readers. Seems to be just a thing to trick hardcore comic nerds into buying more shit. Same thing with Civil War II
>>
>>83911530
Relax, atleast Marvel can fall back to movies. where the REAL money is made!
>>
>>83911530
There's something wrong with Marvel when one of the artist from DC who drew dickgirls is a better artist than the ones disney is hiring fresh out of community college.
>>
>>83935026

That dude has also done work for Marvel
>>
>>83935076
& Marvel let that artist go because they thought he should only be privileged to work for a brand like Marvel.
Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.