[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
While trying to be aware if my nostalgia gogles are on too tightly,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: vlcsnap-35239.png (511 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-35239.png
511 KB, 640x480
While trying to be aware if my nostalgia gogles are on too tightly, is this the best portrayed version of the Joker?

He doesn't seem overly a gag like the media leading up to the 90s, and while genuinly dangerous and murderous he isn't an overpowered force of evil and edgyness on the levels of Hot Topic like he is in comics today. This Joker just feels very well "balanced" I guess?
>>
File: Gordon.png (284 KB, 543x480) Image search: [Google]
Gordon.png
284 KB, 543x480
>>83910030
>>
>>83910030
Yes. But do you realize what you've brought upon us? Now all the Snyder fags and Brave and the Bold fags are gonna have a fight in this thread.
>>
It's only because of Mark Hamill. He IS the Joker.

Can you imagine if Tim Curry had stayed on for the role?
>>
>>83910030
Yes, he's the best Joker because he embodies everything the Joker can be at once, in a well-rationed measure.

>>83910099
>all the Snyder fags and Brave and the Bold fags
The former is a vocal minority mostly mixed in with pure baiting and the latter just don't make a fuss about their Joker, who I do consider masterfully done and underrated.

>>83910125
Hamill was undoubtedly the right call, but I would have really loved a Tim Joker. The man is a legend, after all.
>>
>>83910453
i just want to know what he sounded like. i wish they would release his episodes as special features on the DVDs. just special alternate audio tracks. there's nothing wrong with that, right? shouldnt cost much extra
>>
Joker stopped being a "gag" by 1970.
>>
File: 879.png (157 KB, 600x436) Image search: [Google]
879.png
157 KB, 600x436
>>83910030
"Balanced" is a good way of putting it I think.
>>83910099
How about instead of arguing about preferences, we make a sliding scale collage of Joker edginess?
>>
>>83911358
How is Dante higher than fucking Shadow?
>>
File: h3DcUjW.jpg (163 KB, 780x770) Image search: [Google]
h3DcUjW.jpg
163 KB, 780x770
>>83911358
>No Cold Steel

UNBELIEVE!
>>
>>83911358
>Vegeta
>Badass
Pick one.

>>83911550
You realize this is reboot Dante, right?
>>
>>83910030
Yes, true, true but I also like the Joker from A Death In The Family. He has all the evil psychopathic nastiness but without being "edgy" and also the humorous looniness that makes the character so great.
>>
>>83910030
>is this the best portrayed version of the Joker?
that's not miller's joker from the dark knight returns.
>>
>>83910030
He's always been my favorite version. He feels like the best mixture of prankster and psychopath. Like you can't tell if he's up to something loony and silly or something truly vile. Or both at once.

But it's also probably just the voice.
>>
File: Batman_tas_ntf_1.png (40 KB, 639x345) Image search: [Google]
Batman_tas_ntf_1.png
40 KB, 639x345
>>83910090
Gordon...look...
I don't think I can keep doing this.

He just keeps laughing...every time...I can still hear it.
>>
>>83911358
Who is the edgiest Joker?
>>
>>83910030
he was literally going to nuke Gotham
>>
File: 35.jpg (63 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
35.jpg
63 KB, 640x480
>Joker who is actually funny

It doesn't even seem possible, how did they do it?
>>
>>83911730
>Like you can't tell if he's up to something loony and silly or something truly vile. Or both at once.
that really is what he does best. it's that mix of 'serious action show but with a lot of fleischersesque cartoon sensibilities' thing. he basically epitomized the nature of the show and its role in the 90s. you never really knew what was going to happen, tonewise. was it going to be fucking grim in a way you cant believe they got away with? censored in a way you can't believe anyone's still concerned about? maybe some of both, some of it totally intentional?
other jokers want to be funny, this joker wanted to make people uncomfortable. deeply unnerved. legitimately unsure if he's gonna slaughter you because it's funny, or pull some harmless thing as a gag.
buuut he never went full harmless goofy, like flash's rogues. he never stopped being dangerous.
>>
>>83913490
jew writers
too often joker's comedy routine is stupidly out of date in a way nobody has ever really found funny, like he's a fucking birthday clown...
but in this show they reached deep and pulled out a touch of vaudeville, a touch of borscht belt, and plenty of marx bros into his schtick.
>>
>>83913490
Under the Red Hood Joker was pretty funny.

"First one with me and you, then you and the kid, then me and the kid, then all three of us, and one with the crowbar."
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.