[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How could this have been better? It was a great idea that was fumbled.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1.jpg (2 MB, 1800x2767) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
2 MB, 1800x2767
How could this have been better? It was a great idea that was fumbled.
>>
>>83899985
>It was a great idea
not really.
>>
It was not a great idea.

Darkseid had a hot daughter who is not only half Amazon, which could have happened at any point in history while being slightly ridiculous still, they went full fan fiction by having her born the same day as Diana from a never before mentioned Amazon super assassin.

Dear god. Then there was the anti-monitor.
>>
>>83899985
>It was a great idea

No, Johns had a bad record with Darkseid, and mythology stuff. It was a shit event born from the idea of give new suits to the heroes so DC can sell toys.

Also the anti-monitor, i get that Johns fear of baldness is huge, but his 2014 hair plugs worked, there was no reason to keep his retarded Sexy Bald man fetish
>>
>>83899985
Maybe if the ANTI MONITOR of all people didn't die in one shot.....
>>
Tying Darkseid to the Amazons is a good way to make him look like a punk wuss, which I suppose is Johns' fetish

If you wanted to raise someone's profile, they should have tied Diana and the Amazons to the 4th World. Make them the descendants of an exile who came to Earth during the Hellenic period instead of all this Zeus nonsense
>>
>dont put absolutely everything in the last issue
>dont make some stupid mary sue villan she has single handedly set back acceptance of new characters by years
>explain who the luthor of earth 3 was rather then expecting the reader to know why babyseid was absorbing those powers
>>
>>83900976
And anti-monitor to darkseid, everything had to be tied, that's why Johns is such a casual friendly writter, the guy has zero imagination.

Both darkseid and anti-monitor died fighting each other in gotham, and yet there's less casualities than in your average Joker rampage. and less destruction than when a 6.8 earthquake rekt gotham.
>>
>>83899985
wait there was a special
im going to read this maybe the context will make this arc less shit
>>
>>83901081
ok that just made me hate grail even more
is darkseids children inheritig omega beams an existing thing if so that was a cool scene otherwise fuck this shit

and thats all the good i have to say about that special
>>
>>83901293
oh and the power ring stuff was alright i suppose
>>
The JL becoming the new gods was pretty good.

Also was JL 51 released recently and do I have to read Rebirth stuff first?
>>
>>83901575
im really excited to see what comes of lex luthor ruler of apokalips

and to a lesser extent babyseid i just hope darkseid kills grail right at the start of the story
>>
>>83899985
>remove grail
>use the fight between anti-monitor and darkseid to make the jl into new gods
>have the minis carry into the final fight and the justice gods throw down against darksied and anti-monitor, kicking them both out
>>
>>83900788
>>83900992
>>83902871
im noticing a strong anti grail trend
>>
>>83901575
your meant to read jl51 before rebirth
>>
>>83901081
Yes, it's how Steve got the anti equation power, it was a pretty essential part of the story
>>
>>83903006
the last page was an essential part of the story
>>
>>83900976
Perez managed to handle it just fine in his Wonder Woman run. DC Bendis just can't cut it.
>>
>>83899985
>remove Grail, don't use an OC, use Harbigner or Psycho Pirate
>Don't derail a badass idea like Darkseid vs Anti-Monitor with JL=New Gods stuff, let the new gods fight in this thing too
>Make it shorter and remove the hype
>>
File: Darkseid War.jpg (4 MB, 3975x3056) Image search: [Google]
Darkseid War.jpg
4 MB, 3975x3056
>>83899985
>It was a great idea
Johns slamming his action figures and giving heroes new paint is never the stuff of great ideas. Fabok's work was the only good part of this crap.
>>
>>83903130
>remove Grail, don't use an OC, use Harbigner or Psycho Pirate
thats not fair nothing wrong with using an oc in theory grail was just a horrible fucking character
>>
>>83902953
>trend
>>
>>83903334
i know thats what im saying im well aware why people hate grail i was highlighting just how hated she is (for good reason)
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.