[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why /co/ is so anti-comedy shows? /co/ wants comedy shows where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: U mad.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
U mad.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
Why /co/ is so anti-comedy shows?

/co/ wants comedy shows where the humor is totally non offensive, vulgar or cartoony with only "family jokes" or "casual jokes" exactly like on a children show and with a huge amount of dramatic and serious plots like suicide, job problems, social commentary about how the world and society are fucked up or how some political ideologies are shit, romance, feelings, butterflies and rainbow, and of course that fucking continuity? without any gags and taking everythings the characters make with a serious point of view? where every """"bad characters""""" have a punishtment at the end? well good, but that's not a comedy show anymore.

also if networks wants animated comedy shows so much, it's because you can go more deep into comedy stuff with cartoons characters, also cartoons on the first place are destinated to comedy and are influenced by the vaudeville, if you are so obsessed by drama is because you wants cartoons looks exactly like japanese shonens. (without the lewd of course because MUH AMERICAN MUH SEX JOKES ARE BAD), also animated series with another types of genre than comedy gives less cash to the producers and can be done in live action. (what's the point of making a horror show with cartoons characters when you can make that with real people?)
>>
>>83899974
>Why doesn't a board on 4chan like something popular?
I wonder
>>
>>83899974
This board has a lot of people that like comedy shows. /co/ is not one person. Now fuck off.
>>
>>83899991
Hipster pretentious tendencies?
>>
>>83900002
Why you are so triggered?
>>
/co/mblr only understands tumblr humor, that old shit like Loony Tunes and Popeye is sooo outdated
>>
>>83900038
>>83900024
>>
>>83900011
I'm not sure. I just know when something popular comes out people on here hate it before knowing anything about it, when something comes out and is poorly received anons rush to defend it claiming it is of a superior quality than the most popular product.

On the sports forum they hate the most popular teams and athletes. /v/ doesn't even like video games in general, I imagine it's much of the same on every board.

that kind of ironic shitposting resulted in the worst /co/ export ever
>>
>>83900063
Welcome to the internet, buddy.
>>
>>83900074
That's not the Internet, reddit's Star Wars forum regularly down vote into oblivion people who write comments criticizing Finn or Rey. It's not even anonymous discussion websites, unpopular opinions on Yik Yak just get down voted and deleted.

Here we will watch a children's show with the anticipation of it being particularly bad or not all that enjoyable for an adult male audience. Discover it's actually just mediocre, then shitpost about how amazing it is till the point admins have to create a containment board for the people that would not stop.
>>
>>83900104
>reddit
Because literally enforcing a hivemind is so much better, right?
>>
>>83900116
I never suggested it was, I just said that wasn't all of the Internet. To the contrary on more popular websites like YouTube and tumblr you can not have an unpopular opinion.
>>
>>83900116
>boo boo 4chan shitlords won't accept my progressive views buuuuh
>>
>>83900141
How in the FUCK did you get that out of my post, retard?
>>
>>83900156
The only reason /co/ EVER complains about 4chan being hive mind is when addressed with the fact that this entire site despises you for constantly trying to force your libcuck propaganda on other boards.
>>
>>83900193
Again, how in the ABSOLUTELY LIVING FUCK did you the ides that I'm insinuating 4chan is a hivemind out of >>83900116 ?
Are you a fucking newfag that doesn't understand how greentext works? Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1461814127385.jpg (72 KB, 657x235) Image search: [Google]
1461814127385.jpg
72 KB, 657x235
>>83900193
Never go full retard.
>>
File: 1460720112751.jpg (32 KB, 279x229) Image search: [Google]
1460720112751.jpg
32 KB, 279x229
>>83899974
There's just been an over saturation of them; most of which have been subpar. Why do you think /co/ still likes classic Spongebob? That was funny. But when you have 10+ shows about 2 pre-teen friends in school laughing about butts, it's just kind of annoying.

Though, that's really the network's faults and why most of those shows don't get past season 2. I remember back in 2014, Nick was having an open invitation to accept show pitches online, but it HAD to be about a comedy duo.

So, it's not that /co/ doesn't like comedy shows with no lore, it's just nobody is really producing any that are noteworthy enough based purely on their comedic abilities. At least, ones that aren't also advancing a plot.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.