[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>whoops
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 1
File: 1463788062716.png (793 KB, 1920x820) Image search: [Google]
1463788062716.png
793 KB, 1920x820
>whoops
>>
Did anyone else think that wheel chair was going to transform into robot legs?
>>
Why not just go back in time?
>>
Interestingly enough, the extended-ultimate-whatever-you-want-to-call-it edition version confirms that movie Supes can't see through lead.

One of the cut scenes with the Jena Malone character has her talking with Lois and telling her that the wheelchair bomb had lead lining and that it would have been impossible for him to see the bomb inside.
>>
>>83898174
But he could have heard it.
Not saying that super hearing wasn't already the most inconsistent of his super powers.
>>
>>83898194

Modern bombs don't have clock/ticking components like in old movies. They're all electronics wired into explosive materials.

I don't know what you think he could have heard.
>>
>>83898118
>shit, did I leave the oven on?
>>
>>83898342
apparently
>>
>>83898155
That would involve talking in costume, don't be ridiculous.

Movies about flying aliens with immeasurable powers are srs bsns.

>>83898126
It would have been in the trailer.

>>83898226
They should have. Just a big old-timey alarm clock ticking away and Lex and co desperately tapping pens to cover for it. That would have been hilarious.

>>83898174
That implies that his vision does indeed use ionizing radiation, which must necessarily be radiation emitted by his body tissues, which means every time he looks at you you get a dose of radiation.

They should have gone with some neutrino bullshit or something like that and had Lex figure out a way to inverse photon torpedo Supe's eyes from wading around in CGI spaceships.
>>
>>83898194

Lets assume the bomb was a few sticks of dynamite with a ticking clock attached like I'm sure it is in your faggot mind. How many men do you think were wearing a watch in that room?

The film was shit but idiots like you are fucking worse
>>
>>83898372
>That would involve talking in costume, don't be ridiculous.

It does look ridiculous. Think back to Civil War. Anytime they talked about the big issues they were in normal clothes or the camera was fixed firmly on the actors face
>>
he could have literally smelled the explosive
>>
>>83898174
How the hell does Lex knew he can't see through lead?
>>
>>83898455

Now that's a legitimate question. The only answer I have is that Lex has a kryptonian corpse to play with and Superman has been saving people since MoS. So convenience
>>
>>83898455
Wikipedia.
>>
He could have saved those people before the bomb killed the people.
Most of the people are died from blood loss in an explosion
>>
>>83898174
>it's lead lined
>therefore he seems this random fucking nothing on a wheelchair
Jesus Supes, what else did you think it was?
>>
>>83898570

He doesn't have his xray vision going at all times, just like he doesn't have the heat vision going either
>>
>>83898395
but do you bleed
>>
>>83898423
When has movie Supes ever shown this ability? Not even Donner Supes ever did this.
>>
>>83898455
X-rays don't go through lead. That's pretty elementary. If he figured out that Clark is able to see through things because he can see the x-ray end of the spectrum, lead becomes the pretty obvious solution.
>>
>>83898577
knowig how many people aren't fond of him and terrorists exists he should have checked the place
>>
>>83898395
Civil War has heroes talking in costume in a ton of places. Civil War also has heroes actually talking, instead of monologuing at each other.
>>
>>83898577
It's cause heat vision actually destroys shit. There is no problem with just x-ray visioning shit unless its then implied that hes actually giving people cancer by using it.

And going with that, it IS lead lined. Yeah, maybe Supes didn't use his x-ray vision but if he had it would have done literally nothing to hide the bomb. Lex is as much of an idiot as Supes is then.

This exact scenario goes down in The Just where Damian tries to hide Alexis
>>
>>83898609
>>83898465
Now it's how he discovered Kryptonians have X-ray vision.
Did Supes tell anyone in MOS or dd the extended cut show Lex discovering this ability, via post-mortem, I suspect?
Or did he just knew this fact somehow, done offscreen, like the whole secret ID thing?
>>
>>83898118
>*record scratch* You're probably wondering how I got in this situation, well lets go back a bit.
>:flash back to baby Kal-El being placed in a space ship:
>Whoops too far!
>:flash forward to the courthouse:
>Much better!
>>
I just saw this movie yesterday, and i need someone to explain to me Lex Luthor's master plan. So let's assume that his plan worked, and Doomsday took out Supes, Batman, and WW. How the FUCK was he planning on dealing with Doomsday after all of them were dead?

Also, who thought that Jesse Eisenberg's portrayal of Luthor was acceptable?
>>
>>83898800
I'd watch it dub dubs
>>
Also, that Batman vs Superman fight was contrived and awkward as fuck, too
>BATMAN, BRO, I NEED YOUR HELP
>[punches him in the face]
>SERIOUSLY MAN, WE NEED TO TALK
>[knocks him 100 feet across the ground with super strength]
>I MEAN IT, I NEED TO TELL YOU SOMETHING
>[hits him so hard he flies through a building and falls 50 feet through a skylight]
>REALLY, WE DON'T NEED TO FIGHT
>[Batman starts fighting back and btfo him with kryptonite gas]
>WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
>>
>>83898760
How did he figure out that Superman was Clark Kent?
>>
>>83898915
Not to mention, he didn't know the Kryptonite would weaken him, for all he knew he could have taken Batman's head off.
>>
>>83898126
I was hoping for the cripple guy becoming Metallo.
>>
And what the fuck was going on in Batman's visions? Was he seeing the future or something? Are they going to adapt Injustice at some point? Was that the Flash talking to him through that portal?
>>
>>83898975
That cripple guy spent the whole movie going full fucking retard
>Superman saves the world from being destroyed by a bunch of invincible aliens
>WOW YOU ASSHOLE, MAN OF MURDER EVERYONE
>MUH LEGS
Why the fuck are people spending so much time blaming the heroes for the villains actions? That was the hot new meme in Civil War, too
>>
>>83899036
Don't you know anon? It's "realistic".
>>
>>83899046
It is not realistic at all. I don't remember seeing stories in the news where people try to send the fire department to jail for not saving enough people when some arsonist lights apartment buildings on fire, and stuff like that
>>
>>83899046
It is, though.

Wheels had a better motivation than Luthor, that's for sure.
>>
>>83899073
The fire department doesn't often start the fire, though.
>>
>>83899105
But wasn't Luthors motivation the exact same as Mr. Hotwheels?

Also, I don't know why Hotwheels returned all of Bruce's checks, he had literally no reason to have beef with him
>>
>>83899116
And Superman didn't instigate the conflict with Zodd, so what's your point?
>>
>>83898634
You mean quipping
>>
>>83898634

Civil War did have any heroes.
>>
>>83898637
>There is no problem with just x-ray visioning shit unless its then implied that hes actually giving people cancer by using it.

Or that he actually likes to see normally most of the time
>>
>>83899147
Where? Besides the airport scene.
>>
>>83899147
Civil War did not go overboard with the quips
>>
>>83899181
The movie had other scenes besides the airport fight ?
>>
>>83899131
I tought that was Lex meddling with it to cause the guy to be poor and desperate and make him even more bitter
>>
>>83899181

It's great ow much /co/ loves the airport scene. It's great if you turn your brain off otherwise you realize Vision is just floating there like a spastic the entire fight
>>
>>83899173
It literally takes one sweep and that still doesn't cover the problem with Lex being dumb enough to think lead lining the bomb would do anything
>>
>>83899143
Except he did.
>>
>>83898867
He was ok, afterward I thought he would have been a much better Riddler
>>
>>83899259
Prove it
>>
>>83899208
I don't think they know how to handle Vision and Wanda. They're too OP, so they can't really have much action in team fights, because they could btfo literally everyone else without even trying. So they have them hang back and not participate.
>>
>>83899303
They tried WAY too hard to make him philosophical, with dumb ass jesus/devil analogies in every other sentence
>>
>>83899430
I think that's a problem the Roussos generally have. They're good at small scale street level fights, but not giant superhero meltdowns. Which doesn't bode well for Infinity War.
>>
>>83899470
Maybe bring in some other fight choreographers for the large scale fights? I don't want the Roussos gone, that 3 way Cap-Stark-Bucky melee was GOAT
>>
>>83899159
You're right, it did have heroes. Unlike Batman V Superman, which was a paranoid pysco fighting an autistic god.
>>
>>83899584
>implying a psycho having a philosophical battle against god is bad cinema
>implying a movie about children's superheroes can ever be more than a shallow flick
>>
What was WW trying to do in this movie, anyway? Something about a photo?
>>
>>83899599
Ironically shitposting is still shitposting
>>
>>83899604
She was trying to remove her photo from Lex's evidence about metahumans

She also gave that photo to Bruce cause she wants his dick
>>
>>83899380
Watch the movie.
>>
>>83899634
THIS

Literally everything is in the movie. If you need anything proven or described to you, you were too much of an idiot to be in the target demographic anyways. It's a very simple movie to follow with a very simple narrative. A child could understand it.
>>
>>83899599
There is nothing philosophical about it.
>>
>>83899648
Yes, it's a simple bad movie.
>>
>>83899661
if it's simple then why didn't you understand it?
>>
>>83898637
>unless its then implied that hes actually giving people cancer by using it.
I would not put this past Snyder. Justice League could easily have a sub plot about how Lois discovers she has a big ovarian cyst or some shit.
>>
>>83899634
I did watch Man of Steel, which is how I know you're full of shit
>Supes is chilling on earth, minding his own business
>General Zodd shows up
>demands to have an audience with Supes
>Supes agrees
>"Hey I've got this great plan to revive our people"
>"Sounds good, what is it?"
>"It involves destroying all humans lol"
>"how about you not"
>Zodd gets pissy about this, and instead of terraforming literally any other planet with his world engine, decides to attack Smallville and Metropolis
>Superman stops him, but there are casualties
Show me on the doll where Superman was the instigator here
>>
>>83899772
- Zod literally says that they received a beacon Clark activated. He tells the entire planet this.
- Zod is there explicitly to get the Codex in Clark's DNA

Fact is if infant Clark flew into a black hole and died Zod could've spent the remainder of his years flying in the opposite direction from earth. Space is BIG, so there's no guarantee he would've found it eventually.
>>
>>83899685
Will Superman retreat to seclusion on Mars in response?
>>
>>83899809
>it's all Superman's fault because he's alive
>he should have killed himself at the soonest opportunity
How about fuck off. Zodd could have taken his DNA and built nu-Krypton literally anywhere other than Earth. Hell, they could have terraformed one of Jupiter's moons, or Mars, and still get yellow sun super powers. Superman only said no because Zodd confessed that he had a huge hard-on for genociding the human race. Zodd was a fucking idiot and did everything wrong
>>
>>83899772
Superman aggravated Zod to murderous extent by destroying the scout ship the way he did. Incidentally needlessly destroying six buildings in the process.
>>
>>83898609
>because he can see the x-ray end of the spectrum

He would literally have to emit x-rays himself and somehow detect that they weren't passing through an object in order for that to work, meaning he would only "see" reflected x-rays.

>>83899604
That whole scene with the computer, she's trying to find a gym and get a membership but because Lex has left his clickbait open in the browser she gets distracted and doesn't join a gym.
>>
>>83899627
>implying that Lex didn't make copies of that photo
>implying that Batman didn't make copies of that photo
>implying that getting the drive changes anything
Wew
>>
>>83899894
Oh, you mean during the fight that Zodd had already provoked, and after his ships gravity beam had killed thousands of people in Metropolis and India?

Every single fight, and every death, in that movie rests on Zodds shoulders. Are you actually Zack Snyder, trying to defend BvS's retarded claims to the contrary?
>>
>>83899046
>Don't you know anon? It's "realistic".

it was literally the same here on /co/ and everywhere else, people were blaming superman not only for the colateral damage but even for bringing superman to earth, also it was a fight between kryptonians, so it makes sense that we think its partly his fault for bringing an internal war to a planet that has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>83899988
*but even for bringing Zodd to earth,
>>
>>83899999
>>
So you're just going to ignore the first statement. The part where Zod literally says "Yeah Clark sent a distress signal we traced here"
>>
>>83898118
So what do you think this will be paired with first on YouTube? The Price Is Right loser horn or the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme?
>>
>>83900042
And that magically absolves Zodd of his irrational, pointless hatred of humanity? That somehow means that Zodd isn't at fault for instigating military actions against human soldiers and civilians? Activating that beacon was potentially a good thing -- Zodd and Clark had an opportunity to peacefully rebuild their dead race and learn from Krypton's mistakes. Zodd blew that chance by going full retard
>>
On a scale from 1 to 10, how good was this fight scene?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Juh8ZS9FRm8
>>
>>83899470
Are you kidding?
They handled all the heroes perfectly, and they could have just set up Vision and Wanda fighting against each other, but didn't for some reason.
Civil War is still the best Avengers movie, so I don't have any worries about IW.
>>
>>83899894
Zod was always going to kill Clark. Did you miss the part where as soon as he hears about a natural birth, he goes from "join me Jor-El" to HERESY? And checks to see if he can get the Codex without keeping Clark alive, then gloats to Jor's hologram about rebuilding Krypton on top of his son's corpse?

No fucking way does Zod let an abomination live, and to him that's what Clark was. It's ironic that Zod's corpse turns into an abomination itself.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.